• is stupid

Votes: 79 37.4%

• Total voters

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
It is a great marketing move though. I called my cousin in Milan and he said the entire city was talking/excited about the move.

ernesto

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, nesta, pirlo, inzaghi, buffon
here we go~
Forza Beckham! :D
wonder what his shirt number be like... not 7 pato, not 23, coz of ambro...
77?

Reaction score
I really hope this gets Serie A back on British TV. If it does, i take back everything bad i have ever said about him, and it would be enough to make the signing worthwhile in my eyes

Forza Milan

JUANES

BARCA HATER
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Crespo, Sheva, Gila, Kaká, Pippo, ballack, webó, tejada and myself
oh well
another star to our already crowed lineup.

well....its official

WE ARE THE NEW GALACTICOS! :tongue: :tongue:

diference here is that we are gonna win the scudetto and of course THE UEFA CUP.

ban pirlo for a season and put becks...i prefer becks a hundred times over pirlo because becks still has passion.

adriancg

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Buffon, Fábregas, Rino, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Zidane, Kaká, R9, Pato, Agüero, Thiago Silva, Jovetic
As long as Hollywood keeps paying his wages, I don't mind him at all.

He can:
a) Bring in a lot of money
b) Occasionally fill in for someone
c) Teach Ricky how to hit a dead ball :p

Win-win IMO

Diavolo_7

Il Diavolo Siciliano
Reaction score
JUANES said:
...i prefer becks a hundred times over pirlo because becks still has passion.

Beckham has passion to play for England and make as many public appearances as possible. If he has so much footballing passion why couldn't he thrive in an inferior league, make those around him better, and at least lead his team to the playoffs?

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
zZ[-_-]Zz said:
Well, if the club has intentions to buy a quality defender for next season (for example), Beckham's marketability will definitely help in that aspect, albeit indirectly. He did make about €600m in four years for Real Madrid, the money which they used to buy a host of players and attempted to get C.Ronaldo and Kaka with.

I have no idea what Berlusconi is up to, but maybe Sergio Ramos is good friends with Beckham? They did after all play together on the right flank of Real Madrid.

If Beckham's arrival does make Milan a minimum of €50m, it can be put to good use for our own benefit of rejuvenation. That ultimately is the target, Beckham merely a resource to finance that.
Sure ... Becks' new American market probably will balance the books, but it all seems rather tedious and hence, unnecessary to me. Do we really need Sergio Ramos THAT BAD? Is Becks the best possible solution to our current problems? Why buy Becks to find a means to rejuvenate when the actual act of buying him suggests otherwise? Why not just buy young promising talents + work on the magic that groomed legends such as Paolo, Billy and Baresi? Is there such a complete lack of talent out there that only Ramos is worth going through all this trouble?

And when you look at what our squad lacks at the moment, you have to say, more than a right winger, we lack an abundance of pace. Becks doesn't offer this, and lets not forget ... we still have a season ongoing where we're in the running for two major Cups. Rather than acquire Becks + devise a master plan for the future, we could just get a quick, tricky winger, or a defender or wignback ... someone who would give us more options + perhaps the extra surge needed to win the Scudetto.

What I'm saying is that we should focus on building on what we have ... and Becks isn't going to add more to our game.

Last edited:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
somebody kill beck ham i hate him so much, i hated sheva cause he left. but for me when i see beckham to milan sheva is an angel.

berlu has gone mad
emerson pippo sheva seedorf dida(sorry beemie) kalac now beckham and not to mention a lazy pirlo.
whats going with this club. i feel like killing somebody
this is A C Milan fuckers it deserves best players in the world now what we are a retreat center or old home?

fuck galliani
grow balls coach.

abate gorcuff paloschi cardicio viduez can kiss their career good bye..

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Diavolo_7 said:
If you've seen him play for LA, you'd see that he couldn't be more disinterested. Not playing hard for the team that is paying him A LOT more than any other player in his respective league makes it hard for me to commend him for his commitment and ethics.
Well I haven't watched him at all in the MLS. Just saw a few clips of his first goal + some assists. Thats about it. I think the fact that he has played at such high levels + now has to make do with the MLS is a contributing factor. But you still cannot turn a blind eye to that period when his career seemed to be done and dusted, yet he someone managed to claw back into Madrid's starting XI + play a crucial role in winning La Liga.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
LOL , dont know why am happy but I am.
He is old + past it but I always thought we need a right flanker as a priority coz think of our players & u will notice that almost all of em drift 2 the left.
The stpidity triad wouldnt sign any other player so with him is just 1 more player added 2 the squad & since he is free(loan) then he is a +.
Bori + Pato r good with their head & Pippo is the same -- > crosses - crosses + more crosses.
Not a first choice but I know 4 sure he will justify his salary more than Emo - Favali & co.
If he didnt cross as am expected(Oddo) then FUCK HIM :D

Last edited:

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
I'm at a not very appropiate place to discuss these, but I also don't have anything better to do.

Needless to say I'm not Milan's biggest believer right now. We're just mediatizing ourselves, we're doing nothing more than that, and that's sad, the team I love used to be self proclaiming, but they weren't after mediatic stars. Ok, it's just for 4 months, but still...if it only was to let him training in here, but sadly that's not the case.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
crazy4milan said:
I'm at a not very appropiate place to discuss these, but I also don't have anything better to do.

Needless to say I'm not Milan's biggest believer right now. We're just mediatizing ourselves, we're doing nothing more than that, and that's sad, the team I love used to be self proclaiming, but they weren't after mediatic stars. Ok, it's just for 4 months, but still...if it only was to let him training in here, but sadly that's not the case.
I totally agree , but.....
If u think like I do about the need of a right flanker + the fact we didnt & wont sign any1 then u will agree that this can only b considered as a not bad @ all , not great but a slight improvement.
Thats my point......

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
^^ i cant understand you, you berate pirlo who is slow these days but you are happy with ultra slow turtle mr. posh :o

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Ashish said:
^^ i cant understand you, you berate pirlo who is slow these days but you are happy with ultra slow turtle mr. posh :o
Because Beckham is a hard-worker. What's not to understand?

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
madtherchot said:
Sure ... Becks' new American market probably will balance the books, but it all seems rather tedious and hence, unnecessary to me. Do we really need Sergio Ramos THAT BAD? Is Becks the best possible solution to our current problems? Why buy Becks to find a means to rejuvenate when the actual act of buying him suggests otherwise? Why not just buy young promising talents + work on the magic that groomed legends such as Paolo, Billy and Baresi? Is there such a complete lack of talent out there that only Ramos is worth going through all this trouble?

And when you look at what our squad lacks at the moment, you have to say, more than a right winger, we lack an abundance of pace. Becks doesn't offer this, and lets not forget ... we still have a season ongoing where we're in the running for two major Cups. Rather than acquire Becks + devise a master plan for the future, we could just get a quick, tricky winger, or a defender or wignback ... someone who would give us more options + perhaps the extra surge needed to win the Scudetto.

What I'm saying is that we should focus on building on what we have ... and Becks isn't going to add more to our game.
To compete in Serie A, Milan have to prove our finances are not in the red. As far as I know, we are in the red, and the credit crunch might just make things worse (add the fact we don't have the finances generated from participating in the Champions League), hell, we might not be eligible for Serie A next season (highly unlikely, but still a possibility).

That to me seems a possible reason why we are acquiring his services. We are getting him for marketing purposes only, not to play him, have him assist in grooming youngsters etc. So the lack of pace, need for a speedy winger etc are not the question for now. It's not even about Sergio Ramos, but if he is Berlusconi's new dream toy, then he will try all means to get him, but that's another story for another time.

The real question is how much money will Brand Beckham make for Milan in his half season stay that would go on to help us beat the credit crunch, finance our stay in Serie A, finance our rejuvenation next season. These in turn could very well help us contest the Champions League for next season.

Berlusconi is a master at politics, what happening on the surface is just a show for the gullible public, but what happening behind it is the key. You should know very well how some people are just too stupid to understand things and only take things at face value.

Berlusconi has made Milan powerful, and he isn't about to stop. Sure, I don't agree with everything he does, but I trust him enough to do what is best for Milan.

Last edited:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kalac#16 said:
Because Beckham is a hard-worker. What's not to understand?
sorry
he is young also and would nullify coach's Xmas tree formation.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
zZ[-_-]Zz said:
To compete in Serie A, Milan have to prove our finances are not in the red. As far as I know, we are in the red, and the credit crunch might just make things worse (add the fact we don't have the finances generated from participating in the Champions League), hell, we might not be eligible for Serie A next season (highly unlikely, but still a possibility).

That to me seems a possible reason why we are acquiring his services. We are getting him for marketing purposes only, not to play him, have him assist in grooming youngsters etc. So the lack of pace, need for a speedy winger etc are not the question for now. It's not even about Sergio Ramos, but if he is Berlusconi's new dream toy, then he will try all means to get him, but that's another story for another time.

The real question is how much money will Brand Beckham make for Milan in his half season stay that would go on to help us beat the credit crunch, finance our stay in Serie A, finance our rejuvenation next season. These in turn could very well help us contest the Champions League for next season.

Berlusconi is a master at politics, what happening on the surface is just a show for the gullible public, but what happening behind it is the key. You should know very well how some people are just too stupid to understand things and only take things at face value.

Berlusconi has made Milan powerful, and he isn't about to stop. Sure, I don't agree with everything he does, but I trust him enough to do what is best for Milan.
Fair enough. Will keep track on what will be happening. As long as his and Sheva's deals aren't made permanent, and Ronaldo doesn't roll back into town, it will be bearable, I guess. Not to mention improved female attendances, ladies? Berlu might indeed be evolving with current trends as you suggest.

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
madtherchot said:
Fair enough. Will keep track on what will be happening. As long as his and Sheva's deals aren't made permanent, and Ronaldo doesn't roll back into town, it will be bearable, I guess. Not to mention improved female attendances, ladies? Berlu might indeed be evolving with current trends as you suggest.
Why wouldn't you want Ronaldo? He could very well be that quick, tricky winger you are talking about. I know his start to this season hasn't been impressive, but he is still young and can offer alot to Milan. Allowing him to join us instead of Real Madrid might just be in Man Utd's best interest (assuming he doesn't want to stay at Old Trafford any longer).

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
MilanoMichael said:
It is a great marketing move though. I called my cousin in Milan and he said the entire city was talking/excited about the move.

ironically i recieved a text message from my cousin in milan this morning me waking me up. He was pissed, and said he thinks italian fans will not like this.

To be expected, mixed reaction. Maybe he'll help sell more calenders. God knows this ugly fuck wont....
emerson-dg-2008.png

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
It might be a marketing ploy, but I don't see any losers here. It's true the guy can't dribble, but then he never has. He has a fantastic work ethic, is as professional a footballer as you can hope to see and his crosses are still gold. He may be a bit of a one-trick pony, but he'll be looking to prove himself, make no doubt about it.

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Becks Poll

Poll being added

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Giancarlo

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Kaka, Pirlo, Borriello, Pato, Ronaldinho
zZ[-_-]Zz said:

I really don't see us not making enough money to stay in the Serie A. That's just ridiculous. Berlusconi will keep us in the black, and besides that we didn't actually spend too much money the last transfer season.

x__player

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
zZ[-_-]Zz said:

Nice post...I also hope that besides all the money he can get us he can play good as well...he will add depth to our squad that is 4 sure and who knows maybe he can be good after all :) I dont know why but I dont dissagree with this move at all...especially because he WILL earn us a lot of money and we all know money drives the world today, even football...hate to admit it but that is the way it is.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
zZ[-_-]Zz said:
Why wouldn't you want Ronaldo? He could very well be that quick, tricky winger you are talking about. I know his start to this season hasn't been impressive, but he is still young and can offer alot to Milan. Allowing him to join us instead of Real Madrid might just be in Man Utd's best interest (assuming he doesn't want to stay at Old Trafford any longer).
Pardon me. The fat ***.

PS, Disclaimer and Edit: It wasn't my intention to say those two words side by side. A matter needed clarification, and hence, had to be addressed :D

Last edited:

x__player

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
zZ[-_-]Zz said:

He meant the real Ronaldo not C.Ronaldo

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva
If utilized probably (i.e. for marketing and dead ball skills and to get Gattuso to not look like wolverine) the transfer would be a success because don't look now but a lot of Asia just became hard core rossoneri :rolleyes:

However the potential for him to be used wrongly (play reasonably well and all of a sudden starts ahead of Cardaccio or worse Gourcuff if he returns) are far greater.

He also doesn't satisfy our need for genuine pace. Meaning that Kaka and Pato would have all the burden of our thus far non-existant counter attack. I didn't vote on the poll because as Madtherchot said Berlu isn't a dumbass and he knows very well what he's doing. For those that call Carlo a pussy for accepting Beckham....what do you want him to do? retire mid season and leave the team to fend for themselves with Becks a potential threat since a new manager would tend to view everyone more or less as equals?

Last edited:

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
madtherchot said:
Pardon me. The fat ***.

PS, Disclaimer and Edit: It wasn't my intention to say those two words side by side. A matter needed clarification, and hence, had to be addressed :D
Ah, I see. You meant FattyFagnaldo who digs chicks-with-dicks. You should have been more specific.

Schedule