The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Matches

AC Milan Matches Talk about AC Milan's matches, post your comments, your views on the team performance, line-ups, etc. Find out the latest live AC Milan streams.

Old 24-09-2017, 14:48   #721
makcoul
National Team Player

Not aligning Silva is a professional fault! And only this make him deserved to be sacked.
makcoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2017, 14:52   #722
irkuysm
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by uzonero View Post
what i liked about montella from his first season was his ability to integrate youngsters into the first team but he has shown so far with his player choices that is a mid table level coach. Even with his substitutions, he has shown reactiveness instead of proactivity.

On the market, I think we shot ourselves on the foot when we signed Bonucci. Trust me this is no knee jerk, I never saw him as worldclass and i think his signing really messed up our plans both on the market and on the field. Before Bonucci, no one ever thought about playing 3 atb but since we signed Bonucci we now have to adapt to a new formation which doesn't suit our best players from last season

I think what we should have done was build on last season instead of trying to change things just to suit an overhyped player. I think we'd have been fine with Mus - Roma pairing had we not gotten Bonucci. Our major failing on the market was failing to get a good LW for our 4-3-3 formation

I know it's still quite early in the eyes of many but loosing this game has killed our chances of finishing top three cause I see us still dropping 6 points in the next two games

I can't really point out a remedy for the next few games cause the squad is a whole lot disjointed as it is but I'd prefer if we could switch back to a 4-3-3 and field a LW that isn't Borini until we can intervene on the market again
The one that bringing up or have the ball to play youngster was Mihajlovic.
irkuysm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2017, 15:03   #723
milanista_
AC Milan Legend

Only one man can save us

milanista_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2017, 15:16   #724
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Suarez, Tevez, Montolivo, Bonera, Abate, Abbiati, Kucka

Quote:
Originally Posted by uzonero View Post
what i liked about montella from his first season was his ability to integrate youngsters into the first team but he has shown so far with his player choices that is a mid table level coach. Even with his substitutions, he has shown reactiveness instead of proactivity.

On the market, I think we shot ourselves on the foot when we signed Bonucci. Trust me this is no knee jerk, I never saw him as worldclass and i think his signing really messed up our plans both on the market and on the field. Before Bonucci, no one ever thought about playing 3 atb but since we signed Bonucci we now have to adapt to a new formation which doesn't suit our best players from last season

I think what we should have done was build on last season instead of trying to change things just to suit an overhyped player. I think we'd have been fine with Mus - Roma pairing had we not gotten Bonucci. Our major failing on the market was failing to get a good LW for our 4-3-3 formation

I know it's still quite early in the eyes of many but loosing this game has killed our chances of finishing top three cause I see us still dropping 6 points in the next two games

I can't really point out a remedy for the next few games cause the squad is a whole lot disjointed as it is but I'd prefer if we could switch back to a 4-3-3 and field a LW that isn't Borini until we can intervene on the market again
Nah, if you're buying that many strikers, Conti and neglect mezz'ali and winger positions then it's a variation of 3-5-2 or nothing.

3-5-2 didn't ruin Suso and Bona, it exposed them for the seriously flawed players they are. Suso needs to improve his stamina/off-ball game, or be upgraded with a better player even if we revert to 4-3-3. Bona was never great at any position.
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2017, 15:20   #725
Bird
Banned

Breaking News: Reports are coming in that Bonucci was very angry and frustrated after the game, so much so that he choke-slammed Montella on the massage table in the changing room.

Last edited by Bird; 24-09-2017 at 15:44.
Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2017, 15:27   #726
Khurrisu
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Van Basten, Maldini, Inzaghi, Nesta, Rijkaard, Gullit, Kaka, Sheva, Huntelar

I couldn't catch the match, but the result is fucking frustrating.
Khurrisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2017, 15:31   #727
beegees
make me adm in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird View Post
Breaking News: Reports are coming in that Bonucci was very angry and frustrated after the game, so much so that he choke-slammed Montella on the message table in the changing room.
beegees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2017, 15:45   #728
doraemon
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka

I want montella out before he truly ruin our season.
Half a decade without CL football will be the end of europe dna.
doraemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2017, 15:46   #729
brk
AC Milan Legend

So no one is mentioning that Samp played an incredible game and left absolutely no space at all?
brk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2017, 15:50   #730
doraemon
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by brk View Post
So no one is mentioning that Samp played an incredible game and left absolutely no space at all?
Even though samp played like their life depends on it, we should beat these kind of team however it takes.
doraemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2017, 16:08   #731
CanUNoTouch
Gone all Pete Tong

Fav. Players: There are far too many to name past & present

Quote:
They did, they have a good technical midfield with the midfield 3 in their 2nd season together and they have 2 experienced Serie A players upfront.

Also they've only played 6 games with a settled midfield line up and we are on game 11 without knowing out strongest/best line up let alone know what our best midfield is.
CanUNoTouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2017, 16:12   #732
brk
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanUNoTouch View Post
They did, they have a good technical midfield with the midfield 3 in their 2nd season together and they have 2 experienced Serie A players upfront.

Also they've only played 6 games with a settled midfield line up and we are on game 11 without knowing out strongest/best line up let alone know what our best midfield is.
Could it be that they're fresher because they only played 6 games and we're not used to playing every three days?

Not saying this as an excuse, but there needs to be more patience and time given for us to train and find our best form.
Old 24-09-2017, 16:18   #733
Quan
Primavera Player

Patience you say!! If we played a good game and lost even by 3 goals margin I would be with you.

We were nothing in the game.. we played like crotone for fuck sake! If we played more games it would be a positive thing and a negative.

Be we have a mastermind who thinks we should rotate until no player knows how the other play!

Fuck Montella
Quan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2017, 16:19   #734
Milaniscool
Face that runs the place

Fav. Players: Balotelli, Romagnoli, Robben

Crap performance. I feel like I wasted my time watching most of this game. Beating up on small teams is nice but if you can't even be competitive against a half decent team then UCL will be a dream. This team has to improve before the points gap with the top teams becomes bigger.
Milaniscool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2017, 16:21   #735
Meez
Fly on Fassone's wall

We were outplayed, in both halves. Odd starting & sub & sub timing choices by Montella, again. Refusing to change tactics/ideas despite being outplayed, rigid.

Did the players ignore the coach or did the coach really do nothing until it was way too late?
Meez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2017, 16:27   #736
Milaniscool
Face that runs the place

“Zapata over Musacchio? I chose Cristian because he was physically more suited to defending against Duvan Zapata [his cousin, to whom he gave an ‘assist’ in the first Sampdoria goal].”

This is some dumb shit right here for real.
Old 24-09-2017, 16:32   #737
brk
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milaniscool View Post
“Zapata over Musacchio? I chose Cristian because he was physically more suited to defending against Duvan Zapata [his cousin, to whom he gave an ‘assist’ in the first Sampdoria goal].”

This is some dumb shit right here for real.
Italians have a fear of unbalanced CB's against taller forwards. Musacchio is pretty short. I don't think it's that big a deal to have played Musacchio especially since he was already rested.
Old 24-09-2017, 16:32   #738
CanUNoTouch
Gone all Pete Tong

Fav. Players: There are far too many to name past & present

Quote:
Could it be that they're fresher because they only played 6 games and we're not used to playing every three days?

Not saying this as an excuse, but there needs to be more patience and time given for us to train and find our best form.
As the game played out, Samp were by far the fresher team, with the energy which they played with showed that. But we shouldn't be that tired, considering we've rotated the squad so far and outside of Dolla and Kessie, no one else has played double digit games. Also they played mid week like we did, so it shouldn't be used and seen as much of an excuse.
CanUNoTouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2017, 16:38   #739
Milaniscool
Face that runs the place

Quote:
Italians have a fear of unbalanced CB's against taller forwards. Musacchio is pretty short. I don't think it's that big a deal to have played Musacchio especially since he was already rested.
I don't care if Zapata is 6 foot 5 and the world's strongest man. He keeps making mistake aftet costly mistake, but the manager seems to forget when he puts in a few half decent performances. That's something Montella can not do. Play Zapata against Europa league fodder teams.
Old 24-09-2017, 16:55   #740
ForzaSandro
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by squaresolid View Post
i remember abate was a winger before
why would you decide to remember that? The only natural way to have that in your mind is through flashbacks and nightmares of PTSD.
ForzaSandro is offline   Reply With Quote