Mattia De Sciglio Thread

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
DES still needs to improve a lot on defense, he goes up well, and its not that he sucks in his defense, but clearly needs experience, in attention to detail (that mistake in Brazil's last goal :eek: ), and positioning.

He will improve, thats a lot down to experience, which is the good thing. These hard lessons in these past 2 games will make him good.

irkuysm

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Much need to improve by him,but the part where he owned Alves & make his cool face was brilliant.:lol:

Dawn

Campione d'Mercato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Albertini, Weah, Nesta, Rino, Kaka, Sheva, Pippo, De Sciglio, El Shaarawy
Very good game overall, lack of experience at times but totally ok. keep it up kid

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Junior & Messias
Not a good performance imo, but yeah he is still young... He will get his experience.

Edit. - Still gets a 3.5 stars at Goal.com.

Last edited:

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Do remember he is only 19, even though he carries himself like he's a player with twice his experience.
Yeah. Totally. And I do feel in the last couple of games the guy in midfield that was supposed to help him out (Montolivo in game vs Japan, and Marchisio today) left him at the mercy of the rivals. Also him and the guys in the mid have shown terrible physical state. You can see them all tired even after some minutes in the first half and by the end of the games...uff, half dead.

He's just far from the finish product RnBers are selling.

Gio

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pippo, Gattuso, Nesta, Kaká, Cafu, Costacurta, Rui Costa, Ambrosini, Sheva, Stam, Totti, R9
Yeah. Totally. And I do feel in the last couple of games the guy in midfield that was supposed to help him out (Montolivo in game vs Japan, and Marchisio today) left him at the mercy of the rivals. Also him and the guys in the mid have shown terrible physical state. You can see them all tired even after some minutes in the first half and by the end of the games...uff, half dead.

Yep, without a doubt. However, it is enjoyable to watch him grow, just needs to keep improving and as others say learn his trade. He's clever and confident, doesn't seem to get irked by his mistakes, just carries on after them.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score

He is not a finished product; however, he is a great talent. Overall, I was satisfied with his performance in the first half where he was not passed not even once.Second half, I missed it most of it. Still, I think positioning wise, he will get better within next 1-2 seasons. Plus as Maldini said before, he needs to be a little bit more aggressive.

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He went against Alves and Hulk which is no easy task. He had a so-so game but he is only 19. I really like his potential.

LemonCookies

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Still, regardless of his lack of experience and age, he's one of the best fullbacks in the world. That he is already one of the best, IMO, shows that with his obvious growth ceiling coupled with his recent form indicates a fullback worthy of the Milan shirt for the next twenty years, donning the next Captain's armband along with Cristante.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Almost all his mistakes are because he still naturally prefers the right foot and hesitates with the left foot sometimes. If only Italy had a good LB..

He's improving as an LB though. Mexico game showed plenty of promise.

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
I like the way that he tackles... not a lot of players can tackle easily with the right timing, but he makes it look easy :)

Naraku

Milan Icon
Reaction score
For Italy and Milan he really needs to play RB,LB he is fine at but I'd be a lot more comfortable with him at RB especially for Milan.

Pharaoh

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Stephan-El-Shaarawy, Balotelli, Ronaldo(CR7), Kaka, and Buffon
The guy is incredibly talented but ive noticed a few things; hes capable of playing lb but hes vulnerable when he goes further up the pitch and his crosses are abate-grade on lb. If he works on those two aspects then i dont see why he wouldnt play lb

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
We are witnessing the rise of a great. :proud:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The guy is incredibly talented but ive noticed a few things; hes capable of playing lb but hes vulnerable when he goes further up the pitch and his crosses are abate-grade on lb. If he works on those two aspects then i dont see why he wouldnt play lb

He also a slight bit clumsy sometimes (short back pass last game, and a couple of dangerous passes today)

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
another disastrous performance and another goal because he let his man.... certainly never seen this many mistakes from a kid that is so highly rated

Poker

Man of the Match
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldinho, Serginho, Maldini, Seedorf,SeS, T.Silva, Ibrahimovic, Pjanic, Verratti,Salah
For Italy and Milan he really needs to play RB,LB he is fine at but I'd be a lot more comfortable with him at RB especially for Milan.

+1
play him only rb or rwb. Left side is only waste of talent....

LemonCookies

Milan Legend
Reaction score
another disastrous performance and another goal because he let his man.... certainly never seen this many mistakes from a kid that is so highly rated

I saw no noticeable mistakes versus Brasil. What game were you watching? He was good in the air, got forward well, tackled well, and was rated as one of Italy's better players on the pitch by Italian media, who are notoriously harsh on their own players.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He was brilliant yesterday
He was great in the attack, at winning the ball, he kept Hulk quiet even tho he was played "out of position"
He made the same mistake as always tho - didn't react in time after a set piece. He loses concentration and positions himself badly in that kind of situations, but it will come with time and with experience, he's still only 20.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score

wtf.. which game were you watching?

patosheva

Milan Legend
Reaction score
apsolutly great player what defending but he is simple rb thos misteks comes from not be sure in left foot

Tdotboy

Milan Icon
Reaction score
yup he needs to play on the right, at the left he makes too many errors...let him play his natural position and see what he can do

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
He made some of those mistakes in the right with us too (probably most obvious case vs Roma at the Olimpico). Its not so much a right foot, left foot thing as much as it is experience.

I actually like his odds more being developed as a LB than a RB.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He made some of those mistakes in the right with us too (probably most obvious case vs Roma at the Olimpico). Its not so much a right foot, left foot thing as much as it is experience.

I actually like his odds more being developed as a LB than a RB.

I agree that against Rome, he was too soft defending. However, if you see his tape against ladri at San Siro, you will see that he is better at RB. I think he has all the toolset to become a great RB. At LB, IMO, he will be between ok to good.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
iwLLcCKdDP8zL.gif

Schedule