Official Basketball thread(NBA; EuroLeague etc)

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
Go and fuck yourself. This is just hilarious. Our team is hilarious.

Amazing shit.

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
really poor day, such an unattractive group..

tomorrow,

spain - serbia
germany - turkey
lithuania - france

France coach Vincent Collet is confident to recover Mickael Gelabale in time for the Quarter-Final stages of the EuroBasket.

Gelabale, France's most reliable perimeter threat, sprained his right ankle during Wednesday's 68-64 triumph over Turkey.

The 28-year-old forward will miss Les Bleus' next two Group E games.

France take on tournament hosts Lithuania on Friday before meeting defending champions Spain three days later.

"It's certain that Mickael will not play tomorrow's game and that of Sunday's against Spain," said Collet.

"The aim is to have him ready for the Quarter-Finals."

Gelabale is averaging 9.3 points per game on 21 of 37 (56.8%) shooting from the floor.

France, who remain unbeaten, have already assured themselves a place in the last eight of the competition with two games still remaining in EuroBasket Group E.

Last edited:

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I srsly hope France beats Spain. France first in group. We sure can beat France.

Still optimistic... that´s how insane I am :o

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
maybe Serbia can pull out some surprise to beat Spain because Spain aren't playing that great but i think that Spain will pummel them, not to mention revenge because of last WC..Serbia will also probably not push that hard because game against Turkey is way more important and in that game they will have more chances..win against Turkey = QF. Also think that France will suffer 1st defeat during this eurobasket..Lithuania are fired up right now and with their amazing fans they could win it

ReBorned

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Il Capitano!
It´s halftime... I calmed down.

Fuck... basketball just gets the worse of me. Well not any basketball just our national team playing. I´m not really high tempered kind of guy but when Slovenia plays I change.
Right now I am screaming like mad in to the TV cursing every player on our team. Fuckers... shooting 3 pointers 1/12 in first half. 12 points behind. FUCK!

Disastrous... we need this win tonight. I am confident we will have no problems with Finland and overall we are better then Macedonia but they are flying high... still that will be enough only for 4th place and Spain in quarterfinals :fp:

If we allowed you to win :o :tongue:
And don't get me wrong but Greece - Slovenia was a win for Greece way before the match starts. You know I hate Greece but in that case I was very confident about Greece win (I have it on a betting ticket)

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
If we allowed you to win :o :tongue:
And don't get me wrong but Greece - Slovenia was a win for Greece way before the match starts. You know I hate Greece but in that case I was very confident about Greece win (I have it on a betting ticket)

It was not. Betting sites underrate Slovenia and Greece isn´t that good. Our players fucked up a game that was handed to them on a silver platter. Only thing that our boys needed to do was finish them of.
We can win against anyone and we should win against Russia and Greece. Russia had such an amount of luck that you see once every few years. Greece youngest player scored 2 or 3 threepointers in last minutes of the game. He won´t do anything like it on this tournament again. So with just a bit of luck we could be undefeated and whole Europe would be saying how good Slovenia is.

All of this is a mixture of luck and quality. We have quality to chalenge for TOP 6 spot. Lorbek is TOP 3 PF on tournament, Dragic TOP 3 PG on tournament but both are in shitty form. Things will fall in to place soon enough.
We can beat any team on this tournament but we can also loose against anyone.

Medal is out of reach... but you can´t expect it if you have better players sitting on the couch infront of TV then on EURO. This team just needs to build on this result and reach top in Slovenia 2013 where all our stars promised to play.

About Macedonia match. I love it that you guys are the surprise of the tournament and am really happy for you. But we should win it. We are dominant basicly in every possition and with a better coach. The only thing that scares me is that you guys are flying really high and full of confidence. So your players can go even over their abilities.

We will see what happens soon enough ;) Good luck :)

ReBorned

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Il Capitano!
It was not. Betting sites underrate Slovenia and Greece isn´t that good. Our players fucked up a game that was handed to them on a silver platter. Only thing that our boys needed to do was finish them of.
We can win against anyone and we should win against Russia and Greece. Russia had such an amount of luck that you see once every few years. Greece youngest player scored 2 or 3 threepointers in last minutes of the game. He won´t do anything like it on this tournament again. So with just a bit of luck we could be undefeated and whole Europe would be saying how good Slovenia is.

All of this is a mixture of luck and quality. We have quality to chalenge for TOP 6 spot. Lorbek is TOP 3 PF on tournament, Dragic TOP 3 PG on tournament but both are in shitty form. Things will fall in to place soon enough.
We can beat any team on this tournament but we can also loose against anyone.

Medal is out of reach... but you can´t expect it if you have better players sitting on the couch infront of TV then on EURO. This team just needs to build on this result and reach top in Slovenia 2013 where all our stars promised to play.

About Macedonia match. I love it that you guys are the surprise of the tournament and am really happy for you. But we should win it. We are dominant basicly in every possition and with a better coach. The only thing that scares me is that you guys are flying really high and full of confidence. So your players can go even over their abilities.

We will see what happens soon enough ;) Good luck :)

Maybe in name but be careful for Marin Dokuzovski. He is the brain behind that awesome defense which bring us so far at the first place. We have the best defense at the tournament (opposite players make most turnovers against Macedonia) and the second best in steals per game.
So Dokuzovski is a brain, and that I know for long time but now he actually had a real chance to prove his worth.
Good luck mate, I hope you to will go to the next stage :)

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Congratulations it´s well deserved.

Our boys are just in the worst form of their lives :fp: I am still 100% certain we are a better team but boys just can´t hit a three pointer on this tournament. Worst basketball I have ever seen from them. Two years ago we lost a well deserved medal and now we have to beat a fucking second rate Finland team to go in to top-8?!?! :fp:

This EURO will be forgotten but meh... things will pick up soon enough our boys are too good to go down like this.

ReBorned

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Il Capitano!
Congratulations it´s well deserved.

Our boys are just in the worst form of their lives :fp: I am still 100% certain we are a better team but boys just can´t hit a three pointer on this tournament. Worst basketball I have ever seen from them. Two years ago we lost a well deserved medal and now we have to beat a fucking second rate Finland team to go in to top-8?!?! :fp:

This EURO will be forgotten but meh... things will pick up soon enough our boys are too good to go down like this.

Our most dangerous weapon before this tournament was also a 3p shooting but on this Euro even We are disaster. But Slovenia are champions in this category :fp:
You don't have an idea in the attack (Sani?). Today Dragic was more a SG then PG (and maybe he have every right to do so, he was the only player from Slovenia who scored at the beginning, he scored 11 points before someone else scored for your team).
Antic put Lorbek under his guidance, Dragic was stopped in the second half also, We played most of the 4th quarter with only 1 or 2 players from the starting ones.
I hope for Gecevski is nothing serious, I've just heard he was taken to the nearest hospital. He have big pain in both hands from that fall. :(

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Serbia - Turkey 68-67

Turning Point: Serbia led 68-67 with four seconds to go and Turkey's Ersan Ilyasova missed a game-winning jumper.

Game Hero: Serbia's Milos Teodosic had 14 of his game-high 20 points in the first half.
He pulled down eight rebounds, dished out five assists and came up with one steal.

Stats Don't Lie: Turkey were 16 of 29 (55%) from the free-throw line while Serbia finished
13 of 16 (81%). Serbia out-rebounded Turkey 38-35.

ReBorned

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Il Capitano!
Serbia - Turkey 68-67

Turning Point: Serbia led 68-67 with four seconds to go and Turkey's Ersan Ilyasova missed a game-winning jumper.

Game Hero: Serbia's Milos Teodosic had 14 of his game-high 20 points in the first half.
He pulled down eight rebounds, dished out five assists and came up with one steal.

Stats Don't Lie: Turkey were 16 of 29 (55%) from the free-throw line while Serbia finished
13 of 16 (81%). Serbia out-rebounded Turkey 38-35.

Give us Serbia in 1/4 so We can say that We clean up the whole Balcan :o :tongue:
(after Bosnia, Slovenia, Croatia and Greece as a bonus)

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
I fucking hate Biedrins even more now.

so right now there's a player organized "Vegas league" going on. A lot of players have gotten teams together to play pick up games for a couple weeks.

Curry, Lee, Monta organized a team for Warriors to play. Which is nice for team chemistry comradery. All the players except Biedrins going...
Lee said he’s been in touch with Biedrins all summer and that Biedrins said he was going to try to make it but it didn’t look promising

Wright and Lee said they expect Curry, Monta Ellis, Lou Amundson, Ekpe Udoh, Jeremy Lin, Klay Thompson, Jeremy Tyler and Charles Jenkins to participate. The idea came about during Curry’s wedding in late July, with Lee and Ellis in attendance.

The entire group is expected to be in Las Vegas by Thursday, and they’ll spend the long weekend together. Lee said wives, girlfriends and families are also expected to accompany the players.

Fucking peice of shit. His contract is guaranteed too. I wish there was a way to waive his lethargic 'i don't want to injure myself' ass

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
16m3go7.gif

:lol: :lol:

edit: congratz to Macedonia :eek:

Last edited:

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Congratulations Macedonia and their fans :star: and Hard Luck Lithuania :)

Marcus

Costacurta Groupie
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Costacurta, Pazzini, MENEZ
My god, this is unreal. We are in the semifinal. Can't believe it.

Hell's breaking loose outside, with fans on the street, car horns, flags, absolute celebration.

Spain will be near impossible to beat, but why the fuck not. I wouldn't mind it at all. As long as we're in the competition, we stand a chance to win it.

Can't believe I'm typing this. After yesterday and today, I'm out of voice. Just can't speak anymore.

ReBorned

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Il Capitano!
I still can't believe! We go against all odds!!
Such a great group, pure family! I'm proud of you boys, Macedonia is proud of you!!!

milan07

Security
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Djokovic, Diego Armando Maradona
My god, this is unreal. We are in the semifinal. Can't believe it.

Hell's breaking loose outside, with fans on the street, car horns, flags, absolute celebration.

Spain will be near impossible to beat, but why the fuck not. I wouldn't mind it at all. As long as we're in the competition, we stand a chance to win it.

Can't believe I'm typing this. After yesterday and today, I'm out of voice. Just can't speak anymore.

Congratulations,

Everything is possible my friend. :) You put real teamwork and without stars in your team made it so far.

Marcus

Costacurta Groupie
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Costacurta, Pazzini, MENEZ
Congratulations,

Everything is possible my friend. :) You put real teamwork and without stars in your team made it so far.

Meet you in the final ;)

Would be a dream come true to be honest.

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
Semis ended, France-Spain is the final. Spain beat Macedonia 92-80 and France beat Russia 79-71.

In the end all the spirit and sacrifice in the world couldn't help Macedonia against a side that good. Catalonian scum Navarro was inhuman, hitting everything. Guy was having a three pointer layup at one point of the game. 19 points in third quarter! One of our players said he would have hit the basket even if he was kicking the ball with his foot. Macedonia played an incredible game, but Spain is just too good.

What a run we had though. We showed that getting here was not a fluke. Our players had the biggest heart from all squads in the Eurobasket. Mccalleb is undoubtedly the best shooting PG in Europe. Wonder how this guy didn't play in NBA. He is unstoppable, a mixture of D-Rose and D-Wade. The supporting cast are not spectacular players, but they are decent three point shooters and fantastic defenders. Pero Antic is as good as a rebounder gets.

These players have run themselves to the ground the past ten days. Theyve shown courage, determination and commitment bigger than any other team. They bled for their country and played out of their skin. While Spain could afford to rotate the Gasols and Ibaka (who would be the top player for probably any other team in the tournament), thus allowing them all the rest in the world, with ten excellent players making solid contribution Macedonia played essentially with six or seven players at best and they still fought to the end. This team deserves all the recognition and respect of the world.

ReBorned

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Il Capitano!
Semis ended, France-Spain is the final. Spain beat Macedonia 92-80 and France beat Russia 79-71.

In the end all the spirit and sacrifice in the world couldn't help Macedonia against a side that good. Catalonian scum Navarro was inhuman, hitting everything. Guy was having a three pointer layup at one point of the game. 19 points in third quarter! One of our players said he would have hit the basket even if he was kicking the ball with his foot. Macedonia played an incredible game, but Spain is just too good.

What a run we had though. We showed that getting here was not a fluke. Our players had the biggest heart from all squads in the Eurobasket. Mccalleb is undoubtedly the best shooting PG in Europe. Wonder how this guy didn't play in NBA. He is unstoppable, a mixture of D-Rose and D-Wade. The supporting cast are not spectacular players, but they are decent three point shooters and fantastic defenders. Pero Antic is as good as a rebounder gets.

These players have run themselves to the ground the past ten days. Theyve shown courage, determination and commitment bigger than any other team. They bled for their country and played out of their skin. While Spain could afford to rotate the Gasols and Ibaka (who would be the top player for probably any other team in the tournament), thus allowing them all the rest in the world, with ten excellent players making solid contribution Macedonia played essentially with six or seven players at best and they still fought to the end. This team deserves all the recognition and respect of the world.

If Navarro haven't the game of his life for NT maybe It would be another story.
Whatever, if this type of path/success would've happened in USA there will be a Hollywood movie about it.
So strong, so emotional, so awesome! Those guys are our heroes, all of them! Whatever would happened today (we play against Russia for Third place) they are still our heroes!
Amazing guys, simply amazing! Macedonia is proud of you!!!

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Senatore... what´s the stuff with the ABA league? Does it even have any quality? :conf:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Working hard in the offseason-

1004-joakim-noah-tmz-ex.jpg

Floating beer pong.

Calling Noah to lead nba in scoring

still a douche

ReBorned

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Il Capitano!
It just came back to me... Stephon Murbury. Damn what a talent! He had one of the sickiest crossover, pure ankle braker mashine. He was the star in the Timberwolves, not KG. and what a waste... :fp:
Balo type of player?

Schedule