Suggestion box

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MVB|Sheva|Max|Maldini|Kakà
Two years ago (if my memory serves well), we had a change in the forum’s overall layout and last year the Multimedia forum was added. Both changes added value to the boards and revived them for a while, which is why I believe change is good in tedious times and I feel it’s time for a bit of change right now :)

I doubt that you have much time on your hands David, but I’ve got a few suggestions that I hope will be taken into consideration whenever you’re thinking of additions or updates. Let's keep this thread as a suggestions box whenever we have any new/innovative ideas :)

There are some wild ideas below; I just let my imagination loose ;)

Suggestions to reduce useless posts and one-liners:

- Why don’t we add a shout box? I know that we’ve already removed the post count but a shout box would fulfill the need for off-topic chit chat and one-liners. That way we can have more of quality posts in the real threads.
- What about a forum chat room? This was suggested by Wild months back. The chat room on the main website doesn’t work anymore and I honestly think it would have more exposure if it’s in the forum.

Suggestions for entertainment (these are pretty heavy so we’d be lucky to have at least one of them fulfilled :tongue: ):

- The Multimedia forum is great, but searching for certain images and videos becomes a bit difficult after a while especially that the threads tend to get longer and longer. Wouldn’t it be easier & more organized to have an image gallery and a video gallery instead?
o The image gallery: all users should be able to add images and comment on them but 2-3 members are to moderate/supervise, ensure high quality of images and that none are offensive, repeated, etc​
o The video gallery: would making it like youtube be too much to ask? I know it requires a lot of web space, but the videos that are already available at youtube, or any other website, can be linked and whatever we have on our hard drives can be uploaded. Again, 2-3 members are to moderate this as well​
- AC Milan Online Fantasy Football League: and I’m not talking about posting and calculating the scores manually but having an automated game. I don’t know if there are ready templates for this but we can also merge it with the prediction game so no one has to calculate the scores manually. I’m willing to help if required :tongue:

- Arcade? :tongue: The last time I asked, you refused it completely but I’m giving it a try once again :D

- Star of the forum: give your favorite members a star and see who has the most stars in the forum. So instead of the post count we have a star count :D I know it’s cheesy but kinda cute :D

And my brain is exhausted :tongue:

Anyone else who has suggestions, just shoot :)

Last edited:

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
Kyara said:
Two years ago (if my memory serves well), we had a change in the forum’s overall layout and last year the Multimedia forum was added. Both changes added value to the boards and revived them for a while, which is why I believe change is good in tedious times and I feel it’s time for a bit of change right now :)

I doubt that you have much time on your hands David, but I’ve got a few suggestions that I hope will be taken into consideration whenever you’re thinking of additions or updates. Let's keep this thread as a suggestions box whenever we have any new/innovative ideas :)

- Why don’t we add a shout box? I know that we’ve already removed the post count but a shout box would fulfill the need for off-topic chit chat and one-liners. That way we can have more of quality posts in the real threads.
- What about a forum chat room? This was suggested by Wild months back. The chat room on the main website doesn’t work anymore and I honestly think it would have more exposure if it’s in the forum.

Suggestions for entertainment (these are pretty heavy so we’d be lucky to have at least one of them fulfilled :tongue: ):

- The Multimedia forum is great, but searching for certain images and videos becomes a bit difficult after a while especially that the threads tend to get longer and longer. Wouldn’t it be easier & more organized to have an image gallery and a video gallery instead?
o The image gallery: all users should be able to add images and comment on them but 2-3 members are to moderate/supervise, make ensure high quality of images are and that none are offensive, repeated, etc​
o The video gallery: would making it like youtube be too much to ask? I know it requires a lot of web space, but the videos that are already available at youtube, or any other website, can be linked and whatever we have on our hard drives can be uploaded. Again, 2-3 members are to moderate this as well​
- AC Milan Online Fantasy Football League: and I’m not talking about posting and calculating the scores manually but having an automated game. I don’t know if there are ready templates for this but we can also merge it with the prediction game so no one has to calculate the scores manually. I’m willing to help if required :tongue:

- Arcade? :tongue: The last time I asked, you refused it completely but I’m giving it a try once again :D

- Star of the forum: give your favorite members a star and see who has the most stars in the forum. So instead of the post count we have a star count :D I know it’s cheesy but kinda cute :D

Thats a preety impressive come back speech :) welcome back :)

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Kyara said:

o The image gallery: all users should be able to add images and comment on them but 2-3 members are to moderate/supervise, make ensure high quality of images are and that none are offensive, repeated, etc​

The multimedia forum is a good idea with a thread for images and a seperate for videos as the whole thing takes too long to load.
Isn't that 'star of the forum' used on other forums?(Or something similar)

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta, Seedorf and Superpippo!!!!
Kyara said:

welcome back

i think the use of a forum is the posts and members...good posts about matches or bad post like what kind of hairdo your gf has
people tend to look back at these posts and laugh etc so i think its kinda the use of the forum :tongue: and our dear precious memories whne a important member gets 2 weeks ban, her/his trolls usually look back at and read that members old posts and go "wata troll" ;)

i thought that adding a chatwindow or box or whateva you smart people call them would be smart when theres a match
but now there are people who miss the matches and they usually log on and read these 65-75 pages of full match commenting to get the whole match
so it would also be dissapointing to remove that and add a chatbox or whateva :D :D

it would just reduce the usage(if you may) of the forum, to like add chat this or chat that because we always have msn, myspace etc for that and ac milan is on myspace, etc so lets use the forum as a forum

im sorry girl, nice suggestions and i bet people agrees with our supermod here but just thought id say what i ment :tongue: afterall this a public forum where people "publishes" their opinions ;)

welcome back again...nice signature

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
crazymilangirl said:
welcome back

i think the use of a forum is the posts and members...good posts about matches or bad post like what kind of hairdo your gf has
people tend to look back at these posts and laugh etc so i think its kinda the use of the forum :tongue: and our dear precious memories whne a important member gets 2 weeks ban, her/his trolls usually look back at and read that members old posts and go "wata troll" ;)

i thought that adding a chatwindow or box or whateva you smart people call them would be smart when theres a match
but now there are people who miss the matches and they usually log on and read these 65-75 pages of full match commenting to get the whole match
so it would also be dissapointing to remove that and add a chatbox or whateva :D :D

it would just reduce the usage(if you may) of the forum, to like add chat this or chat that because we always have msn, myspace etc for that and ac milan is on myspace, etc so lets use the forum as a forum

im sorry girl, nice suggestions and i bet people agrees with our supermod here but just thought id say what i ment :tongue: afterall this a public forum where people "publishes" their opinions ;)

welcome back again...nice signature

Can we ban CrazyMilanGirl from using emos? She abuses them :D

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
menon_inc said:
Can we ban CrazyMilanGirl from using emos? She abuses them :D
WUAHAHAHHAH ;) why? poor me?
DO NOT POLLUTE KYARA, OUR SUPERMODS, THREAD :tongue:
post suggestions or we will ban you from the offtopic :cool: you spend way too much time here :tongue:

you were saying? :tongue: :tongue: ;)

SouthClaw

Master of Hadou
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Pato, T. Silva, Ambrosini, Inzaghi
I love the chatbox and chatroom ideas. The chatroom might kill off those match threads during the match though which is not necessarily a bad thing.

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
I'm all for the star idea. Nice one Kyara.

SouthClaw

Master of Hadou
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kyara said:
I know some people would hate that one :D

No suggestions so far? :)
Perhaps a way to upvote or downvote posts by people like they have on digg and reddit.

Like the star idea, it can show which members make better posts and which people make bad ones.

you can show the rating in the profile.

it helps moderators quickly find posts or threads that require action to be taken.

vani_pirlo_21

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All Milan, all River Plate, Aimar, Saviola, Montenegro, Lugano,
about the videos that Kyara said maybe it could be a youtube thing... maybe there could be a group of AC Milan-Online so that there we could all post the videos and we can all see them... and it won't jam this site and will be easier for David...

here you can see what the groups are at youtube http://youtube.com/groups_main

Last edited:

SempreRossoNero

Viaggiatore
Reaction score
vani_pirlo_21 said:
about the videos that Kyara said maybe it could be a youtube thing... maybe there could be a group of AC Milan-Online so that there we could all post the videos and we can all see them... and it won't jam this site and will be easier for David...

here you can see what the groups are at youtube http://youtube.com/groups_main
is it possible to make the videos private so other people cant access them if they arent part of the group? we could protect ourselves from youtube banning the highlights that way...

vani_pirlo_21

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All Milan, all River Plate, Aimar, Saviola, Montenegro, Lugano,
SempreRossoNero said:
is it possible to make the videos private so other people cant access them if they arent part of the group? we could protect ourselves from youtube banning the highlights that way...

yeah it's possible...there's an otion in which only people who have been invited by the founder of the group can see it and post videos and only these members can see details about the group
there's also an option for the videos not to be posted until the founder approves to prevent videos that don't belong

Last edited:

PRIYO

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Sheva, Sergio Claudio, Ibra.
Kyara said:
well, i like this one..but this will lead the forum to another problem, one user to create another user and giving the star to their own account, meaning trolls (p4*9 Mode : ON) will be all over the place..

but, i'm in for the shout box and chat ideas..

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Bring Passion back. She effortlessly kept the frequent posters in the Ronaldo thread in check ... besides, there's a certain edge missing in the forum.

SouthClaw

Master of Hadou
Reaction score
Fav. Players
madtherchot said:
Bring Passion back. She effortlessly kept the frequent posters in the Ronaldo thread in check ... besides, there's a certain edge missing in the forum.
She's like a cat you get hoping that it will take care of pests. But you end up having to put up with the constant moaning, scratching everything and generally stinking up the joint.

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
SouthClaw said:
She's like a cat you get hoping that it will take care of pests. But you end up having to put up with the constant moaning, scratching everything and generally stinking up the joint.
LOL
poor thing, people has compared her to a cat, a mole, a zit you have on your buttcheek and whatnot :eek:

i think that star idea is everywhere else in the forums along the postcount ;)

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
The star idea is bad.
Coz then losers will make other IDs 2 give their selves a star -- > Marcel , Martin ……LOL

-I think the bet idea would v been fun.

-Maybe if the mods r able 2 give the users yellow card + red card rather warning + bans.
1 yellow will b removed after 1 week & second yellow = red = ban. LOL
Am the kind of guy who always + proudly wear a yellow but rarely take it 2 get a red. :tongue:

-Also how about 2 add more option 2 the ignore button in a way 2 prevent ppl from reading ur posts.
This way we wont have certain users nag about their precious posts/pearls being stolen & all that shit.

-games -- > pool or some card games like Yahoo’s

-some mods 2 b chosen by us , the users. LOL
I know we will have fun with the campains + votes. :D

Last edited:

chelitalia

entre los dos
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rossoneri - Azzurri - Sheva - Rui Costa
Woohoo.. all the suggestions sound so cool.. we are building our milan community here.. btw, is David the one who will implement the changes, if any?

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I suggest we start a thread in the announcement section for the best posts in the forum

and you copy & paste the best posts [according to you] there and thats how we have all great posts in one place :D
and instead of the star idea, we could vote for the best of each year in that thread

hopefully im making sence here :o

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MVB|Sheva|Max|Maldini|Kakà
crazymilangirl said:
I suggest we start a thread in the announcement section for the best posts in the forum

and you copy & paste the best posts [according to you] there and thats how we have all great posts in one place :D
and instead of the star idea, we could vote for the best of each year in that thread

hopefully im making sence here :o
Done :)

http://forum.acmilan-online.com/showthread.php?p=345716#post345716

That was easy :tongue:

SouthClaw

Master of Hadou
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I think we should allow newbies thread starting privileges only after they have made 25 posts.i guess they need to have privileges in the intro section though for obvious reasons. It helps put a stop to a lot of trolls. And it gives newbies a chance to explore the forums a bit so they don't make redundant threads and get yelled at by less patient members.

Faяouk

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Filippo Inzaghi, C Ronaldo, Kaka, Joe Cole, Totti, Recoba, Rui Costa, Pirlo, Gattuso, Maldini, Nesta
I guess a lot of great ideas have been said here, but allow me to have a little bit of modification:

- The star for a quality poster is a nice idea, but as Wild said that some people may make different accounts and give themselves stars; so to prevent this from happening we can have a rule that states: "A user has to be at least 3 months old and has at least 150 posts in order to be able to give a star" like the rule we have for the costume avatar, the signature, and the costume title. This would kill any attempt to troll in this case.

- The yellow and red card is an amazing idea. But let's make it if a member takes 10 yellows he will be banned for a week, each yellow should be removed after a week. But after a member receives his first five yellows, every time he receives another yellow it stays with him for two weeks not one, I hope I'm not confusing. I'll always make sure to keep a yellow with me.

- A newbie shouldn't be allowed to open a thread other than in the introductions forum, after being here for at least one month and posting at least 50 posts he should be able to open threads.

I hope you consider my -our- ideas.

red&black_fever

Dreamer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Rui Costa, *Il Capitano*, Kaka
Faяouk said:
- A newbie shouldn't be allowed to open a thread other than in the introductions forum, after being here for at least one month and posting at least 50 posts he should be able to open threads.
That's pretty stupid imo.

Denying someone the right to open a thread - which may well contain ground breaking/very important news, based on a prejudice that they are 'newbies'.

Anyway, it's not that much of a hassle to close a thread anyway, should a 'newbie' open a new thread containing useless/already covered info.

Edit: Kyara, the a chat room/shout box is a great idea - prevents people from straying from the original topic. Where you put it - have a specific sub forum or ...?

I started a chat room a while ago, never really took of though, haha

Faяouk

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Filippo Inzaghi, C Ronaldo, Kaka, Joe Cole, Totti, Recoba, Rui Costa, Pirlo, Gattuso, Maldini, Nesta
red&black_fever said:
That's pretty stupid imo.

Denying someone the right to open a thread - which may well contain ground breaking/very important news, based on a prejudice that they are 'newbies'.

Anyway, it's not that much of a hassle to close a thread anyway, should a 'newbie' open a new thread containing useless/already covered info.

It's to stop trolling and to save them the bunch of insults thrown at them without knowing that they did something wrong. They should get used to the forum here before they start opening threads. 90% of the newbies here who open threads they are pretty useless or we have an exact existing thread.

Faяouk

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Also I liked the ruled that David added a while ago, anybody who doesn't contribute with something useful about AC Milan should be banned, but I don't see it used here... hell lots of members just post in off topic or even in multimedia or stuff not Milan related, we join here because we are Milan fans so our first objective should be to talk Milan. I say we should have a members clean up here, a lot of members have to go. Even if we'd stick with 100-150 members it's going to be much better, quality over quantity.