Lionel Messi Thread

adriancg

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Buffon, Fábregas, Rino, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Zidane, Kaká, R9, Pato, Agüero, Thiago Silva, Jovetic
[Massster]

Why one sign when both can we??

Sell:pato 80 mil, borriello 20 mil, pirlo 20 mil, huntelaar 20 mil, gattuso 10 mil, ronaldinho 20 mil, other losers 20 mil

Buy: ronaldo 75 mil, messi 75 mil, handovic 10 mil, neymar 30 mil

Zigoni
Adiyiah--neymar
ronaldo--strasser--hottor--messi
De vito--albertazzi--antonini
Handovic​

Costs no money all at. FU b&g!!!! [/massster]
In all fairness, Masster gets Handanovic's name right...

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
[Massster]

Sell:pato 80 mil, borriello 20 mil, pirlo 20 mil, huntelaar 20 mil, gattuso 10 mil, ronaldinho 20 mil, other losers 20 mil

Zigoni
Adiyiah--neymar
Handovic​

hah. Reminded me of this - http://forum.acmilan-online.com/showthread.php?t=9322&page=11

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
[Massster]

Zigoni
Adiyiah--neymar
Handovic​

lol, a midfield w/ CR and Messi but Zigoni as striker... too funny sight

Wet Ones

Campione d’Italia
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Whoever helps make Milan untouchable
Maradona wasn't particularly complete

No he wasn't. But he won a mediocre Argentina the WC, almost single handedly. He also won the Serie A with a certain team called Napoli. Have a look at what they managed before and after him. This was also the league that boasted the best defenders in the world.

Messi plays in Spain. For Barcelona.

Compare the WC players he has around him to the ones Diego had at Napoli. Messi being mentioned in the same sentence as Diego :head:

even Ronaldo.

Have a look at Ronaldo's games in his first season in Serie A. There's a reason Maldini considers Maradona & Ronaldo his best ever opponents.

Messi doesn't even come close to those two.

akewander

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka , Maldini, Zidane, Pato, Thiago silva, Gattuso.
really like the song in the 1st vid.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
The difference between Messi and Ronaldo is that Messi is easier on the eye. I've said it before, but while Messi takes on half the team and scores, Ronaldo will thump one in from 30 yards. While Messi creates a goal, Ronaldo scores from a set peice, or set's up a goal from a rebound off his free kicks.

Ronaldo is easier to mark out of a game than Messi, but at the same time Ronaldo has so many more weapons (free kicks, corners ect).

Both pretty even, but Messi will get the plaudits because he's 'nicer' to watch, even though both their styles are equally as effective.

Now Ronaldo up until his 1998 final incident. There was the best player the world had ever seen. IMHO.

In my opinion had he not had so many injuries, he would have gone down as the best ever, though now I 'just' consider him to be one of the best.

edit: Yeah I know it's the Messi thread, but what the hell.

Last edited:

Kuzimoto

Forza Milan!!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ivan Gattuso, BOATENG, Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, Dida, Pippo, Pato, Borri, Silva, Ibra, Cassano

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
they are both banned substances!!!!! but theer is a diff between having an 11 year old take them for medical condition and a 31 year old using it as an anti-obesity drug .my point is GH doesnt enhance performance except for physique, but tha wouldnt help you in how to throw a 3 poniter or how to kick a ball or control it or how to punch/box.and in terms of muscle strentgh it doesnt increase it at all it has greater definition /mass thats all.

my point is that saying messi became the footballer that he is now because of him taking GH as a child is wrong there is no science to back it up, the same goes with cocaine theres is no scienctific research to back it up because it is unethical .
I'm sorry, but this is a repetitive argument. Do you think that Messi would have been the player he is now without GH? And do you honestly think it would have less of an effect on a 31 year old player taking sibutramine? Come on ... be honest. Even though I'm not medically sound, without GH, Messi would be SHIT. Age doesn't matter ... what I'm talking about is the hypocrisy involved in FIFA judging what is acceptable and what is not.

IMO, HGH, regardless of age, has a much higher impact on football performances than sibutramine. If someone can prove me wrong on this then I'm willing to hear an explanation.

akewander

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I'm sorry, but this is a repetitive argument. Do you think that Messi would have been the player he is now without GH? And do you honestly think it would have less of an effect on a 31 year old player taking sibutramine? Come on ... be honest. Even though I'm not medically sound, without GH, Messi would be SHIT. Age doesn't matter ... what I'm talking about is the hypocrisy involved in FIFA judging what is acceptable and what is not.

IMO, HGH, regardless of age, has a much higher impact on football performances than sibutramine. If someone can prove me wrong on this then I'm willing to hear an explanation.

GH does not enhanse or have any effect on ur fucking skill at all,it doesnt teach u how to throw a punch, kick/control/dribble a ball or how to bat.all it does is it stimulates growth and cell reproduction and regeneration , messi was giving it because his cells wouldnt reproduce normally due to his medical condition GHD and as a parent u give ur child the best medical solution there is in his case adminstring GH.GH enhancing performance is a myth, there is no scientific reasearch to back it up, in fact the little research done would suggest it has NO effect at all.

the fact is any type of drug use in football is banned, whether or not it has an effect.
so mutu using a drug at 31 as a professional is wrong, he did it before and did it again.

The WADA (World Anti-Doping Agency) will ban any drug that athletes use, whether or not it has an effect, its code points out that the use of substances "based on the mistaken belief they enhance performance is clearly contradictory to the spirit of sport ."

how would messi be shit if he wasnt adminstred GH. did u see the vids of him as a child its posted in this thread, the kid had talent and has lots of it.

and where is the hypocrisy.once again dude he was a child 11 years old, he had a medical condition, he wouldnt have grown properly if he wasnt adminstred GH because it most def would have impaired his growth, he wasnt given an advantage,he wasnt giving it just for fun, he had a medical condition, do u seriously think his parents took him to barcelona so that he could play football, they took him so he could get the best medical service they could get so that he could properly develop and not have complications later on in life.he was giving the drug so he could be normal and have a normal life.

Last edited:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
wasting your time dude :D

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
GH does not enhanse or have any effect on ur fucking skill at all,it doesnt teach u how to throw a punch, kick/control/dribble a ball or how to bat.all it does is it stimulates growth and cell reproduction and regeneration , messi was giving it because his cells wouldnt reproduce normally due to his medical condition GHD and as a parent u give ur child the best medical solution there is in his case adminstring GH.GH enhancing performance is a myth, there is no scientific reasearch to back it up, in fact the little research done would suggest it has NO effect at all.
I'm sorry ... but how does increasing one's "stimulation of growth" not affect their performances? Its all well and good if you claim it doesn't, but please post a link or resource to us less educated on the subject. Otherwise, common sense makes you think Messi would have been a little whimp without GH.

the fact is any type of drug use in football is banned, whether or not it has an effect.
so mutu using a drug at 31 as a professional is wrong, he did it before and did it again.
That is according to the law which I said was hypocritical to begin with. Again, you didn't answer me ... do you think a child taking HG under Barca Almighty's watch would have less of an effect on the child's performances on the pitch than a 31 year old taking sibutramine? That's what I've talked about from the start ... a hypocrisy in judging what medication is acceptable and what is not.

The WADA (World Anti-Doping Agency) will ban any drug that athletes use, whether or not it has an effect, its code points out that the use of substances "based on the mistaken belief they enhance performance is clearly contradictory to the spirit of sport ."
Hmmm ... but I guess Barca injecting teens and pre-teens with substances is clearly in the "spirit of sport" ... nice lecture, but I think its more in the spirit of child abuse.
how would messi be shit if he wasnt adminstred GH. did u see the vids of him as a child its posted in this thread, the kid had talent and has lots of it.
This is a bull argument. I was a killer footballer when I was young. Also, his opponents that day would have grown while he wouldn't have. GH helped his football career ... FACT.

and where is the hypocrisy.once again dude he was a child 11 years old, he had a medical condition, he wouldnt have grown properly if he wasnt adminstred GH because it most def would have impaired his growth, he wasnt given an advantage,he wasnt giving it just for fun, he had a medical condition, do u seriously think his parents took him to barcelona so that he could play football, they took him so he could get the best medical service they could get so that he could properly develop and not have complications later on in life.he was giving the drug so he could be normal and have a normal life.
This is a more reasonable explanation of what took place. He was a talented kid, but without the medication (GH) would've been no where close to being a professional footballer. Barca stepped in as his supplier ( :D ) and saved the day!

My point wasn't whether that was right or wrong. My point was whether an older established footballer taking sibutramine would be considered as doping while accepting a player who used GH as a kid. You see, maybe Mutu taking sibutramine affected his performances ON THE PITCH ... but certainly not as much as Messi using GH. THATS MY POINT.

akewander

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I'm sorry ... but how does increasing one's "stimulation of growth" not affect their performances? Its all well and good if you claim it doesn't, but please post a link or resource to us less educated on the subject. Otherwise, common sense makes you think Messi would have been a little whimp without GH.

That is according to the law which I said was hypocritical to begin with. Again, you didn't answer me ... do you think a child taking HG under Barca Almighty's watch would have less of an effect on the child's performances on the pitch than a 31 year old taking sibutramine? That's what I've talked about from the start ... a hypocrisy in judging what medication is acceptable and what is not.

Hmmm ... but I guess Barca injecting teens and pre-teens with substances is clearly in the "spirit of sport" ... nice lecture, but I think its more in the spirit of child abuse.
This is a bull argument. I was a killer footballer when I was young. Also, his opponents that day would have grown while he wouldn't have. GH helped his football career ... FACT.

This is a more reasonable explanation of what took place. He was a talented kid, but without the medication (GH) would've been no where close to being a professional footballer. Barca stepped in as his supplier ( :D ) and saved the day!

My point wasn't whether that was right or wrong. My point was whether an older established footballer taking sibutramine would be considered as doping while accepting a player who used GH as a kid. You see, maybe Mutu taking sibutramine affected his performances ON THE PITCH ... but certainly not as much as Messi using GH. THATS MY POINT.

because it doesnt increase his skill,ive said this loads of time, it doesnt increase his skill, be it how to bat, how to dribble how to anything it doesnt increae his skill, it only increases muscle defintion which means he could grow the same amount of muscle a normal 11 year old kid would.
im not going to root through textbooks and pick refrences for u u can google it if u dont believe me.here is one link i could find
http://journals.lww.com/cjsportsmed...genous_Growth_Hormone_Improve_Athletic.9.aspx

here is another one
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/72361.php

like i said before the research that has been done would suggest that it has no effect on enhancing performance

again he wasnt giving it so that he could have an advatage, he was givibng it because he was sick, he had a medical condition, he was giving it so that he would be at par with the normal growth rate of his age group.

there is no hypocrisy in judging what medication is acceptable and what is not, any type of drug use in football or any othet sport is banned.

where is ur evidence that barca injected teens just for the fun of it, and like i said GH does not enhance performance.

so u think having a fully healthy athlete against a sick one is fair, that is just stupid and not fair.

mutu took drugs either for 1 recreational use, to get a kick, or 2 beleving it would enhance his performance which according to the wada is clearly contradictory to the spirit of sport

Last edited:

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This argument is ugly. I wonder how long I can stay out of it.

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
Messi isn't an elite player because of his skill, there are hundreds of guys in the world who have incredible skill but can't go near pro football because they do not fit the bill in the physical aspect.

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Messi is fantastic player and based on this season I would say he is the best in the world but I still think C. Ronaldo is the better player. He just has way more to his arsenal. As for the best player in history argument I have been hearing lately, that is just overrating Messi. Ronaldinho before the World Cup in 06 was getting similar hype and he flop hard. I could see a Ronaldinho WC06' for Messi in WC10'.

akewander

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Messi isn't an elite player because of his skill, there are hundreds of guys in the world who have incredible skill but can't go near pro football because they do not fit the bill in the physical aspect.

bullshit, thats what a gym is for.of all the professional footballers in the world, not one comes even close to how messi can control and have it its almost glued to his foot.
i just cant believe the amount of crap being thrown at him, he is the nearest thing we have seen to maradona.and all he is missing is a worldcup.

name one person who has the same level of skill but didnt make it due to physical aspect, there isnt any.

i hate barca,never liked them, but making up excuses and to deny it ha, atleast i give credit where its due.

and i have the upmost respect for him, he even said to the press after all the praise and comparisons thrown at him that he isnt a legend, and that one needs a worldcup to become a legend.

Last edited:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
akewander, you're wasting your time :D hater will always hate. But I like your arguments.

akewander

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
akewander, you're wasting your time :D hater will always hate. But I like your arguments.

ashish said the same thing last night. i guess ur right haterz will always hate:head:

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
If it was that easy, every freestyler in the world would have simply gone to the gym and become a world beater. It doesn't work that way, just as skill is a gift so is physical ability partly and Messi quite simply cheated his way to becoming fast strong and agile due to the drugs he was given (aka not the natural way).

Anyway I don't really care about that. If the responsible authorities let him off the hook thats all on the subject so I'm not gonna go all don quijote on the establishment like freedom fighter madtherchot. However Messi is one dimensional (hence one trick pony) and he is only great only for Barca and only as a RW. Maradona could do much more with the ball than just doing the cut to the left thingy and like all the real legends he proved himself in more than one club in different of the toughest leagues and also on the highest level in national color. So far Messi is a one club wonder just like Henry was for Arsenal, who if played on a different position than RW in a different formation is a lot worse, as proven for Argentina where he has been average time and time again. And please don't give me the argument that Cristiano has also been poor for Portugal because Argentina and Portugal are two VERY different sides in terms of quality of their respective teammates.

Last edited:

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players

akewander

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
If it was that easy, every freestyler in the world would have simply gone to the gym and become a world beater. It doesn't work that way, just as skill is a gift so is physical ability partly and Messi quite simply cheated his way to becoming fast strong and agile due to the drugs he was given (aka not the natural way).

Anyway I don't really care about that. If the responsible authorities let him off the hook thats all on the subject so I'm not gonna go all don quijote on the establishment like freedom fighter madtherchot. However Messi is one dimensional (hence one trick pony) and he is only great only for Barca and only as a RW. Maradona could do much more with the ball than just doing the cut to the left thingy and like all the real legends he proved himself in more than one club in different of the toughest leagues and also on the highest level in national color. So far Messi is a one club wonder just like Henry was for Arsenal, who if played on a different position than RW in a different formation is a lot worse, as proven for Argentina where he has been average time and time again. And please don't give me the argument that Cristiano has also been poor for Portugal because Argentina and Portugal are two VERY different sides in terms of quality of their respective teammates.

being the worlds best freestyler wouldnt guarntee that you could get past opponents.

once again for the 100 mill time GH does not enhanse ur performance, if u had read the links i had given in my earliear post u would know that by now.

once again the guy had a medical condition, his growth rate was below normal for his group age, he needed medicine to get him to grow at the same rate as his group age, how u think that gave him any sort of an advantage is beyond me, all it did was make him grow or at least try to make him grow as the same rate as his group age would normally grow

its amazing though how he can get past the whole defence using his one trick though isnt it, not even ronaldinho the most skilled player this world has ever seen could do it with all the tricks he possesed at the quantity that messi does it and he is only 22.

so ur saying maldini isnt a legend, beacuse he never left milan,totti isnt because he never left roma, del peiro isnt because he never left juve???

bullshit!!! cristiano has beeing poor for his country just as messi has being poor for argentina and its a valid point, and in terms of quality i dont think there is much diff, they are both not great sides.

and u can think whatever u want to think, the rest of the world/ most of it anyway says messi is the best player this in the world this year and was last , saying he is with maradona , pele, zidane, ronaldo(real ronaldo) is farfetched, but he is 22 and if he can stay injury free, he can be be grouped with them if he can lift the worldcup.

Last edited:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Last edited:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Some people remind me how that Celtic tard had an argument like Celtic is the greatest club in the wolrd. Keep it up.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
No he wasn't. But he won a mediocre Argentina the WC, almost single handedly. He also won the Serie A with a certain team called Napoli. Have a look at what they managed before and after him. This was also the league that boasted the best defenders in the world.
So Messi end up his career with 5 CLs - 10 league title - 1 WC then still he will b less than Maradona simply coz the latter did couple of titles on his own (as claimed) ?
Comparing + wanting every player to do a Maradona is simply naive.
For me Zidane > Maradona even if he didnt singly (as claimed) won a cup.
Messi is still young & already won many things regarldess if he did it alone or playing a big part of a big team , fact remain he won a lot & if he continue winning till the end of his career then he deserve to be among the greats.
The same goes for CR.

Playing a big part in winning 10+ big trophies > singly (as claimed) winning 2 big trophies.

PS : the drugs argument is ********.
Ppl behind the keyboard know more than Real madrid or other spanish team fans who dont away praise from Messi.

Last edited:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
I don't think Wet ones is wrong in not proclaiming Messi YET. It's not just that he's been poor for Argentina. He's been downright average/bad. To point I wonder if they r better off with Tevez and say Higuain or milito in over him. It's a shame they don't have a PROPER COACH cause that team should go to atleast world cup semis....

But hey he's only 22 (ridiculous) and has time to change it. Like said, zidane won a wc at 26? Maradonna was what... 26 also????

for me 2014 will be VERY interesting cause argentina's generation who r 20-25 is very strong. Won olympics, and youth world cups in 2007. In 2014 they will be 25-30 age range which is players prime. Guys like Banega, Aguero, Di Maria will be 26... higauin, messi 25.... and macherano/tevez at the rip age of 29/30.....

But it's in Brazil and the thought of them losing at home is insane. The pressure will be crazy. A certain duck should be star of Brazil NT then....

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Uhm, Messi was already average/bad under Basile (I clearly remember a game vs Peru were Vargas, not a defender, owned him all 90 minutes). In fact he is so bad with Argentina that even if football is the king of sports for them, and an argie winning the Ballon D'Or, CL, Fifa WP, etc, should no matter what be recognize as the sports figure of the country in the year, they gave that recognition to Del Potro.

His position isn't exactly one that will move the strings of the team, that will make a team champs just because of his presence, for Barcelona he is important right now cause he is scoring the goals, but play make and all, they can go on without him. And Argentina right now doesn't have a playmaker, and Messi needs those playmakers to make his typical runs + dribbles (oh yes, that said most of the NTs Argentina has faced, don't give the huge spaces that they usually leave for Messi to run with the ball which is when he becomes highly dangerous).

Last edited: