Jose Mourinho Thread

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
Mou snaps at Italian media

Wednesday 9 December, 2009

Jose Mourinho continues his war with the Italian media. “I thought that in Italy only results counted, but evidently that is not the case for everyone.”

The Coach gave only the contractually obliged interviews after tonight’s 2-0 Champions League win over Rubin Kazan.

Even then he was irritable when told that the attacking new system unveiled this evening was similar to that of Leonardo’s Milan.

“You’re acting as if Milan are the first team in history to play this way. We have also played with this system on other occasions, it is not the first time,” snapped the Special One.

He's right, its a dumb question, but he should know theyre formulating it like that just to get a rile out of him.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
How about he takes some accountability too. for wasting Inter's money on Quaresma (royal flop), Mancini (flop) and Muntari (3/4s of a flop). A total close to 50 million euros. He walked into italy thinking he was god's gift to coaching, signed 3 players, 2 of whom where horrible flops for large fees. Then re-arranges squad in exact manor previous coach had them and complains gap in talent between Italy and other countries is too big for him to compete in europe.

His act of god's gift to coaching is getting old. The Italian media is out to get him now, but he 100% brought it upon himself.

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
Can you name any other non-god gift to coaching manager who ever came out and said, yea you know this guy I bought is a total flop.

WILL2K

Magical Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo , Maldini , Kaka , Zizou ..
Things C.Ronaldo and Mourinho have in common - arrogance, self pride and over self-confidence. Not taking anything away from them, infact they are among the best at what they do and it is their unique characters and behaviors that make football more interesting overall. But of what they say, they are automatically inviting attention and pressure from people. If they can meet their goals, no problem but if not, the pressure will pile up and they will be hit harder when they fall.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Can you name any other non-god gift to coaching manager who ever came out and said, yea you know this guy I bought is a total flop.

indirectly he blamed his lack of talent and Italy for talent gap between them and barca. Which is weird cause he made all the signings....

YETTT he tries to take credit for chelsea's victories now saying "I made that squad"

It's just hypocritical. Playing both ways

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Things C.Ronaldo and Mourinho have in common - arrogance, self pride and over self-confidence. Not taking anything away from them, infact they are among the best at what they do and it is their unique characters and behaviors that make football more interesting overall. But of what they say, they are automatically inviting attention and pressure from people. If they can meet their goals, no problem but if not, the pressure will pile up and they will be hit harder when they fall.
True dat. But for anyone who is smart enough to be above petty stuff like that it would not take away from the appreciation for their abilities.

indirectly he blamed his lack of talent and Italy for talent gap between them and barca. Which is weird cause he made all the signings....

YETTT he tries to take credit for chelsea's victories now saying "I made that squad"

It's just hypocritical. Playing both ways
Maybe at Inter he couldn't afford those he wanted or they didn't want to come because Italy doesn't have the same reputation anymore. And at Chelsea he had his hands untied for shopping sprees which admittedly created this monster that Ancelotti perfected. I distinctly recall he wanted Lampard and then settled for Muntari for example. And Milito seems to be a very decent buy as well.

still you didn't answer my question

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Maybe at Inter he couldn't afford those he wanted or they didn't want to come because Italy doesn't have the same reputation anymore. And at Chelsea he had his hands untied for shopping sprees which admittedly created this monster that Ancelotti perfected. I distinctly recall he wanted Lampard and then settled for Muntari for example. And Milito seems to be a very decent buy as well.

still you didn't answer my question

Thats true about Lampard. but he spent 16 mil on muntari, 19 + player on quaresma and 13 or so on mancini.

Milito and Motta were forced on him. Moratti (or more so Branca) wanted them from what i read. I know Moratti has had a milito boner.

It looks bad because you don't see ferrara or Leo complaining about this stuff in media. Leo particularly has reason to...

As for directly answering your question. That's a fair point, no coach has. But Few coaches get the war-chest Mourinho has at every stop, and it's downplayed w/ Inter 50 mil is still 50 mil poorly spent directly under his direction. He did it w/ chelsea too, buying many flops (Kezman anyone?) and I think it's a large reason Abramovich got sick of him, constantly complaining I need more and more and more, yeah he's a good coach, but he lacks compared to others and I think represents alot of the problem w/ football today. Just keep buying instead of trying to work with what you've got.

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
It looks bad because you don't see ferrara or Leo complaining about this stuff in media. Leo particularly has reason to...
They don't get constantly picked on either. It goes both ways, but from what I understand its the press that asks the questions and Mourinho that responds.

Most of the top coaches get solid transfer budgets (except Milan's of course:)). And everyone of them makes their fair share of flop purchases, but arent crucified for that as much as Jose is. Buying players is a part of your skill as manager. Mourinho has had some fantastic buys as well. As I said most of the dislike for him derives from his personality, but if you see things objectively he's a great coach. He has his flaws like all the other great coaches, therefore its debatable if he's actually the best, but hes still great. And he is absolutely right about the gap between Italian football and the other two top leagues, which is none of his fault.

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
For sure he miss been spoiled in England.. land of the marketing.

Clearly he wants to leave at the end of the season.

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
I have a huge feeling Man City will get him.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
I have a huge feeling Man City will get him.

I think it'll be Liverpool. They are more likely to fire Benitez, and he's had a think for liverpool... whether it's to spite benitez or what. He's always said he wants to go there.

Then again if hughes can't get city to top 4, he'll be gone and they'll offer jose more.... Still they r only 3 points back or 4th w/ game in hand.

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini
Media to boycott Mourinho

As the journalist allegedly shoved and insulted by Jose Mourinho threatens to sue, the Italian media boycott the Inter tactician’s Press conference.

The controversy from Sunday’s incident, in which Mourinho is alleged to have pushed and insulted Corriere dello Sport journalist Andrea Ramazzotti, drags on.

There are reports that all his colleagues have agreed to boycott today’s Press conference ahead of the Coppa Italia match with Livorno.

The protest means the Special One will be talking in a room on his own, accompanied only by Inter Channel staff and the cameras from Sky Italia television.

It is also claimed that Ramazzotti intends to take legal action against Mourinho.
football italia

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
I think it'll be Liverpool. They are more likely to fire Benitez, and he's had a think for liverpool... whether it's to spite benitez or what. He's always said he wants to go there.

Then again if hughes can't get city to top 4, he'll be gone and they'll offer jose more.... Still they r only 3 points back or 4th w/ game in hand.
Somehow I don't see Jose endearing to the scouse at all. City would be perfect, they have all the money avaliable to him and everything. That was their biggest mistake, they should have started their project with a new coach rather than keeping Hughes who obviously knows only premiership players and favorite personnel is Roque Santa Cruz. :rolleyes:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Somehow I don't see Jose endearing to the scouse at all. City would be perfect, they have all the money avaliable to him and everything. That was their biggest mistake, they should have started their project with a new coach rather than keeping Hughes who obviously knows only premiership players and favorite personnel is Roque Santa Cruz. :rolleyes:

For what its worth (and I got this from fox soccer channel/sky sports ). He's a big fan of liverpool. Apparently he had a liverpool wallpaper on his cell phone before he took chelsea job (Just what they said).

I could see it, the whole singing 'you'll never walk alone' and massive support you get if you do ANYTHING half decent suits his personality. He likes to be seen as a god, if they did well, he'd be a god. He's a bit of a twat and would like that sorta thing. He's also always said he'd welcome to coach at liverpool or a club of its stature.

That being said, it wouldn't surprise me 1 bit if he went to City though.... As for Hughes, it should be noted man city only have 1 loss, least in premier league. I am even surprised by him. He's got the talent and like we all know, it takes a while for so many new players to gel. not saying he's safe, BUT big results v. Chelsea and arsenal (and getting screwed by man utd) mean he's probably safe if they get top 4. He's exceeded my expectations, I know i wrote in EPL thread he'd be gone by xmas... we shall see...

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
Jose and Liverpool don't get on. He's made it pretty clear with all the crap he's given them. He sees United as his dream job (a. he constantly wanks over us, b. Fergie is the only manager he sucks up to, c. He says United, Madrid and Barca are the only clubs you can never say 'no' too, d. He loves the Premiership.

Saying that, Liverpool would be his most suited job IMO.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Jose and Liverpool don't get on. He's made it pretty clear with all the crap he's given them. He sees United as his dream job (a. he constantly wanks over us, b. Fergie is the only manager he sucks up to, c. He says United, Madrid and Barca are the only clubs you can never say 'no' too, d. He loves the Premiership.

Saying that, Liverpool would be his most suited job IMO.

lol. bias much?

Jose and BENITEZ don't get along... big difference. I think he'd take 'pool soley ot spite benitez

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Sparky is a top manager. He will be one of the best of his generation, I'm sure of it.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
lol. bias much?

Jose and BENITEZ don't get along... big difference. I think he'd take 'pool soley ot spite benitez

The Liverpool fans hate Mourinho, and he wound them up something rotten every game, aswell as constantly giving little jibes at them as a club.

What's bias?

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
yeah I think manure fan is right, Mourinho has been touted often as the Ferguson successor and I think he loves the idea. But Hughes is a ******, guy prefers Bellamy over Robinho. :head:

samir10

Moaaarr Attackers :proud:
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Shevchenko, Boban, Baresi, MVB, Inzaghi, Riquelme
i would be disappointed if mourinho take over united, he maybe great coach but his personality is something to be taken into consideration. what about roy keane coaching united? that would be something.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
yeah I think manure fan is right, Mourinho has been touted often as the Ferguson successor and I think he loves the idea. But Hughes is a ******, guy prefers Bellamy over Robinho. :head:

Yeah and he's been right. Bellamy has played better..... Robinho's level of commitment to man city is laughable. You realize in all of 2009 he's scored 3 goals in 33 matches. I'm talking january 1- december.

All his goals (and assists) came early in season (12 between august-dec 2008), then he lost interest in playing. Robinho will be gone w/in a year.

no one is doubting robinho's talent and I'm a huge robinho fan... but city isn't right spot for him

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Robinho brings much more than Bellamy in general contribution. City play better with him in attack imo. His primary job is not scoring goals, he needs to be a creative force and he usually is whether he scores or not.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Robinho brings much more than Bellamy in general contribution. City play better with him in attack imo. His primary job is not scoring goals, he needs to be a creative force and he usually is whether he scores or not.

You're right robinho has ore talent, creativity and in general > Bellamy, but he hasn't shown it in MONTHS with city. There's just a general lack of effort there. It's not just goals, no assists, little contribution. To put it simply, Bellamy has brought ALOT more than Robinho in ACTUAL matches not mythical "He could bring more" jargon. (bellamy is an underrated player, not world class but a good player)

They r doing fine w/o him. Sure robinho on form would only make them better, but it's pretty obvious he wants out and they r holding him till they find a suitable replacement. They want ribery, they won't get ribery.

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
He's been injured for the entire season so far and just returned. And I'm not talking anything mythical. Maybe the goals and assists are lacking but his participation in the buildup is essential and City are playing a lot more fluid and in control with him.

I think he will stay there but he needs a coach who can get the best out of him. Someone like Mourinho.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Bellamy has been one of the best players in the league this season.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
He's been injured for the entire season so far and just returned. And I'm not talking anything mythical. Maybe the goals and assists are lacking but his participation in the buildup is essential and City are playing a lot more fluid and in control with him.

I think he will stay there but he needs a coach who can get the best out of him. Someone like Mourinho.

he is the complete opposite of a mourinho player IMO. Mourinho is not a fan of partiers or flair players. He didn't want ronaldinho for one when he was available (if you recall moratti was interested).

Second what makes little sense is City are on cusp of top 4, and i think will get it. Hughes has exceeded my expectations, so why would you change EVERYTHING to accomodate 1 player who isn't committed? He was never meant for england anyway....

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
He was never meant for england anyway....

Common stereotype. He's good enough to play everywhere and he proved it last season. btw Ibra is a flair player, one of Mourinho's favorites.

adriancg

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Buffon, Fábregas, Rino, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Zidane, Kaká, R9, Pato, Agüero, Thiago Silva, Jovetic
But Ibra's just a beast.

Schedule