Mattia Perin

Kasoka

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Shevchenko, Gattuso, Ambrosini
Perin is perfect for Milan as El Shaarawy was. It's a signing not to be missed. We desperately need a new goalkeeper, Perin has the needed qualities, is young, italian and has some experience & most importanly is owned by Galliani's best friend.

If Galliani now can't even take advantage of situations like this anymore, which seems to be made for him, then we are really lost with him as the leader of this club.

Vecchio Ultra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Ambrosini - Boban - Savicevic - Dessailly - MVB - Costacurta - Bierhoff
Abbiati just extended his contract

USC

god of thunder
Reaction score
Mattia Perin has insisted that he will stay at Genoa, despite constant links of a move away.

The Grifone goalkeeper was an ever-present in their starting XI last term despite only just being 21 years of age.

As such, several sides have been rumoured to be interested in the shot-stopper’s services.

Bayern Munich and Milan are two that are said to be hot on his heels, but Perin himself has claimed that he is happy at the Marassi.

“I have grown as a player and I feel good at Genoa,” he told Il Corriere Mercantile.

“For me, this is my home.”

He was then asked about not playing at the World Cup, and playing third-fiddle to Gianlugi Buffon and Salvatore Sirigu.

“I think it was a good experience. I am 21, and not everyone can play at the World Cup.

“Buffon still has many years ahead of him, so as long as he’s there, I am happy to learn.

“Maybe I can be one of the ones who can inherit his shirt, but there are a lot of good goalkeepers in Italy.”

Hope we can make a move for him. In addition to him being excellent and friends with our core, he seems to have a great head on his shoulders.

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Poli, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Pippo, Buffon, Pirlo, D.Lopez, Verratti, Gattuso, De Rossi, Darmian.
He really needs another year to show that he is ready imo. He's made the right choice.

USC

god of thunder
Reaction score
He really needs another year to show that he is ready imo. He's made the right choice.

And when his value explodes after another strong campaign? Frankly, Milan needs to be hoarding the young Italian talent.

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
If we have the slightest chance of getting him this summer it's a no brainer; Abbiati is 37 and injury prone + Even if Perin doesn't become the next Buffon like people expect him to, he still is a player that would make Milan a better team

USC

god of thunder
Reaction score
If we have the slightest chance of getting him this summer it's a no brainer; Abbiati is 37 and injury prone + Even if Perin doesn't become the next Buffon like people expect him to, he still is a player that would make Milan a better team

This. Even if his growth completely stagnated (unlikely), he would still be the strongest keeper on the team.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Hope we can make a move for him. In addition to him being excellent and friends with our core, he seems to have a great head on his shoulders.

Lol remember you saying Gabriel = Perin not long ago :lol::fp: Apparently you preferred 'bulky' keepers and didn't 'make sense' investing in Perin. Told you back then Perin's special generational talent. Glad you finally came to your senses :thumbsup:

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Poli, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Pippo, Buffon, Pirlo, D.Lopez, Verratti, Gattuso, De Rossi, Darmian.
I'm talking about from his perspective. If he makes the jump right now, he could crumble under pressure. The mental aspect of the game is far more important for goalkeepers...

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
How the hell isn't he here already? Supertalented youth :thumbsup:, Italian :thumbsup:, Milanista :thumbsup:, Genoa player :thumbsup:, SES best friend :thumbsup:. What more does kid need to do?! Funny Guardiola thinks he's good enough for Bayern but Galliani doesn't. With thinking like that no wonder we're 8th :fp:

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
I'm talking about from his perspective. If he makes the jump right now, he could crumble under pressure. The mental aspect of the game is far more important for goalkeepers...

I doubt he'd crumble, especially now that we don't participate in CL and Abbiati is still a competent gk
+ Good goalkeepers must be confident at all times, any hesitation can have major repercussions

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Bayern can splash the cash, we can't. Besides, when he himself says he wants to stay, who is anyone else to argue?

I doubt he'd crumble, especially now that we don't participate in CL and Abbiati is still a competent gk
+ Good goalkeepers must be confident at all times, any hesitation can have major repercussions

Looking at him against Fluminese for Italy, he didn't come across as a GK who was totally ready to make the leap just yet.

And that's exactly what i'm saying - another year at Genoa will benefit him more than anything else as it will allow him to gather more experience.

Last edited:

USC

god of thunder
Reaction score
Lol remember you saying Gabriel = Perin not long ago :lol::fp: Apparently you preferred 'bulky' keepers and didn't 'make sense' investing in Perin. Told you back then Perin's special generational talent. Glad you finally came to your senses :thumbsup:

I still do think Gabriel is roughly on his level, but given the way that Milan plays and will play, Perin now makes more sense (pretty sure I explicitly said that in the past too). It's the reason why as much as I like defenders like Ranocchia, he would flop hard here (and please, let's not get into a 'hez foooderzz' conversation). It's obvious that Milan wants to play a high line with attacking fullbacks, which calls for a more mobile keeper. Perin is much, much faster than Gabriel.

Gabriel still has a tremendous amount of upside, but he needs to play. Training is beneficial, and I can easily see him thriving in Genoa and Genoa making some money on him in the process, but he needs first team time. Put Gabriel on a team with a standard line who plays deep and counter attacking football, and he instantly becomes better than on a pressing team.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Bayern can splash the cash, we can't. Besides, when he himself says he wants to stay, who is anyone else to argue?

Looking at him against Fluminese for Italy, he didn't come across as a GK who was totally ready to make the leap just yet.

And that's exactly what i'm saying - another year at Genoa will benefit him more than anything else as it will allow him to gather more experience.

:fp::fp::thumbsdown:

Ffs he's 21yo making National Team debut! He won 'Best Serie B GK' at 18, was Pescara's best player 2 years ago and Genoa's last year (made WC squad). What else should he do? You think we're better off with Abbiati/Agazzi? Get real.

USC

god of thunder
Reaction score

It was one bloody match! Even all time/good/in decline keepers can have nightmare appearances. Ask Iker Casillas how he felt against the Dutch. No matter what one does in life, shitting the bed once or twice is inevitable.

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players
:fp::fp::thumbsdown:

Ffs he's 21yo making National Team debut! He won 'Best Serie B GK' at 18, was Pescara's best player 2 years ago and Genoa's last year (made WC squad). What else should he do? You think we're better off with Abbiati/Agazzi? Get real.

And he would be a 21 year old appearing for Milan - a club which has a history that few clubs can match. You're acting as if it's a massive difference, and when you consider that he was playing in a friendly?... :fp:

It was one bloody match! Even all time/good/in decline keepers can have nightmare appearances. Ask Iker Casillas how he felt against the Dutch. No matter what one does in life, shitting the bed once or twice is inevitable.

Am I saying it was a measure of his quality? No, i'm talking about the mental aspect of the game exclusively.

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
Even if he may not be 100% ready for a better team, maybe a leap of faith is needed in order for him to move up to the next level, if he moves to a team like Milan and manages to perform at the level his team requires him to, he will be more confident than ever
+ if I were a gk playing for genoa I'd be depressed from all the removing balls from my net part of the job

@fnf Abbiati was 22 and starting for milan

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
I still do think Gabriel is roughly on his level, but given the way that Milan plays and will play, Perin now makes more sense (pretty sure I explicitly said that in the past too). It's the reason why as much as I like defenders like Ranocchia, he would flop hard here (and please, let's not get into a 'hez foooderzz' conversation). It's obvious that Milan wants to play a high line with attacking fullbacks, which calls for a more mobile keeper. Perin is much, much faster than Gabriel.

Gabriel still has a tremendous amount of upside, but he needs to play. Training is beneficial, and I can easily see him thriving in Genoa and Genoa making some money on him in the process, but he needs first team time. Put Gabriel on a team with a standard line who plays deep and counter attacking football, and he instantly becomes better than on a pressing team.

Sorry no way in hell Gabriel's near Perin's level. I rate Gabriel same as Niang, Vergara etc. Lousy scouting + being cheap = mediocre prospect. Maybe one day with hard work he'll reach Abbiati level. Perin's got the natural ability to become next Buffon.

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Even if he may not be 100% ready for a better team, maybe a leap of faith is needed in order for him to move up to the next level, if he moves to a team like Milan and manages to perform at the level his team requires him to, he will be more confident than ever
+ if I were a gk playing for genoa I'd be depressed from all the removing balls from my net part of the job

@fnf Abbiati was 22 and starting for milan

Are leaps of faith what this team need at the moment though, bearing in mind it would be an expensive one?
He obviously seems happy enough at Genoa for now...

Well, Abbiati hasn't exactly had the most illustrious career, has he?

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
And he would be a 21 year old appearing for Milan - a club which has a history that few clubs can match. You're acting as if it's a massive difference, and when you consider that he was playing in a friendly?... :fp:

:fp::lol:

Stop living in the past glory days are over. Nowadays we're team of the Constant's, Noce's and Birsa's. Anyway DES/SES made names for themselves at 21 why can't Perin? Btw he was youngest player in Italy's WC squad. That speaks volumes.

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players
:fp::lol:

Stop living in the past glory days are over. Nowadays we're team of the Constant's, Noce's and Birsa's. Anyway DES/SES made names for themselves at 21 why can't Perin? Btw he was youngest player in Italy's WC squad. That speaks volumes.
:fp:
Again, you're getting confused over what i'm actually talking about. He has real quality, more than those chumps, but this is a club where he will be under the spotlight internationally. Signing him will still bring a degree of risk and he could potentially ruin his own career if he himself doesn't feel that he is ready.

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
:fp:
Again, you're getting confused over what i'm actually talking about. He has real quality, more than those chumps, but this is a club where he will be under the spotlight internationally. Signing him will still bring a degree of risk and he could potentially ruin his own career if he himself doesn't feel that he is ready.

he doesn't have to start, abbiati is still a capable gk and that could allow perin to be slowly integrated in the team

Now break from you current line of thought and try to visualize the big picture:
(1)If we get him now we might risk stalling his development thus making the investment pay off less than expected (let's assume his price is around 10m, an average gk is worth about 5), but if he manages to adapt we get a great gk for 10+ years thus making 10m look like peanuts => max loss 5m
(2)If he stays another year at Genoa he might come up on more teams' radar and move out of our price range => max loss = star gk

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players
But we (apparently) don't have the cash. They just rejected an 8m offer (allegedly)... How much would they accept? It's all about balancing risk with cash...

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
But we (apparently) don't have the cash. They just rejected an 8m offer (allegedly)... How much would they accept? It's all about balancing risk with cash...

Our team is a smorgasbord of genoa level players, I'm sure a player/s + cash deal can be worked out

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I wouldn't say no to swapping them our fodder... Unfortunately this is just fantasy and I don't think they would be keen about taking pay cuts.

USC

god of thunder
Reaction score
Sorry no way in hell Gabriel's near Perin's level. I rate Gabriel same as Niang, Vergara etc. Lousy scouting + being cheap = mediocre prospect. Maybe one day with hard work he'll reach Abbiati level. Perin's got the natural ability to become next Buffon.

I implore you to watch Gabriel's training sessions and what limited game action he had and reevaluate him. Watch him specifically when he was on his line versus coming off of it. Right now, he's pretty bloody bad coming off his line, which isn't his game anyway. Yes, he's 2 years away at least, but he's got the potential. He's very high risk, high reward.

Reaction score
Why don't we buy him and afterwards loan him out to Genoa like Chealsea did with Thibaut Courtois really payed off what an amazing goalkeeper.

malmö

Beginner
Reaction score
Why don't we buy him and afterwards loan him out to Genoa like Chealsea did with Thibaut Courtois really payed off what an amazing goalkeeper.
Because that wouldn't make any sense as he's probably better than all of Milan's current goalkeepers and Chelsea already had a world class goalkeeper in Cech.