The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Transfers

AC Milan Transfers Everything related to AC Milan's transfer market goes in here. AC Milan rumours, dream signings and more.

View Poll Results: Where do you think Milan is going to end up at the end of the season?
1st place 10 27.03%
2nd place 3 8.11%
CL spot 23 62.16%
EL spot 1 2.70%
7th+ 0 0%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 17-10-2020, 22:36   #19401
taura
Attaccareeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC Kid View Post
Hope we reach san paolo trip with full points... roma ( home ), udinese ( away ) and verona ( home ) ... then we travel to napoli
Hopefully Ibra doesnt play the whole match vs Celtic so he's rested enough to last 90 mins vs Roma. Udinese should easily be beatable but Verona might be tougher to crack down..hopefully we bag 9 points tho

Any news on Rebic's recovery? Will he be available vs Celtic or atleast vs Roma?
taura is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2020, 22:38   #19402
brk
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by taura View Post
Hopefully Ibra doesnt play the whole match vs Celtic so he's rested enough to last 90 mins vs Roma. Udinese should easily be beatable but Verona might be tougher to crack down..hopefully we bag 9 points tho

Any news on Rebic's recovery? Will he be available vs Celtic or atleast vs Roma?
After today and the fact that he just recovered, I think it would better if Ibra doesn't even start against Celtic.
brk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2020, 22:41   #19403
Milan10
AC Milan Icon

I don’t think Milan has played its best football yet, which makes the 4-0 start that much more impressive.
Milan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2020, 22:42   #19404
mumbojumbo
Special Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by brk View Post
Agreed about Kessie.

I think everyone knew that Suso was holding the team back, he was just too good to drop and kept winning us games. We were addicted to that cross/shot.
I wasn't addicted to Suso's crosses or shots. The crosses were confusing. They didn't hit our strikers nor on-target.
mumbojumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2020, 22:43   #19405
Tobinho
Decisive Hours

Quote:

Roma was seeming more likely after his last tests.
Tobinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2020, 22:45   #19406
omer486
World Cup Winner

omer486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2020, 22:48   #19407
taura
Attaccareeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobinho View Post
Roma was seeming more likely after his last tests.
Damn that sucks, hoped he could start vs Celtic instead of Ibra..hopefully he's fit for Roma and we can field our best lineup
taura is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2020, 22:51   #19408
Samaldinho
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan10 View Post
I don?t think Milan has played its best football yet, which makes the 4-0 start that much more impressive.
Yeah, we really haven't hit our full stride yet. The fact that we are able to grind out results when we're not at our best has been very impressive.

I think previous Milan squads would have crumbled in the second half.

The mentality of the team is different.
Samaldinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2020, 22:53   #19409
bacon d'or
AC Milan Icon

if the genie could only grant you mofos one wish, would you rather us win scudetto or el?

Signature
bacon d'or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2020, 22:55   #19410
Samaldinho
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon d'or View Post
if the genie could only grant you mofos one wish, would you rather us win scudetto or el?
Hm. I'd take a Scudetto over an EL.
Samaldinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2020, 22:57   #19411
brk
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumbojumbo View Post
I wasn't addicted to Suso's crosses or shots. The crosses were confusing. They didn't hit our strikers nor on-target.
Maybe you weren't but for sure every coach since Montella was. For around 3 years our gameplan was give the ball to Suso and hope for the best.
Old 17-10-2020, 22:58   #19412
IL Diavolo 3
Fester

IL Diavolo 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2020, 22:59   #19413
brk
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon d'or View Post
Are you kidding? Obviously the Scudetto.
Old 17-10-2020, 23:01   #19414
bacon d'or
AC Milan Icon

i just miss glorious european night

the anticipation before final is the best feeling ever

Signature
bacon d'or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2020, 23:05   #19415
mrki
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: maldini, pippo, boban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan10 View Post
I don?t think Milan has played its best football yet, which makes the 4-0 start that much more impressive.
Agree. Milan did not play its best yet. But lets go one game by one. Season is long. Who knows what will gappen with thus covid shit also.

Step by step. But this is not 100% of this team yet.

And winter mercato must bring cb + dm.

Also, we had luck with schedule and now the momentum is on our side.

Tommirow I will translate in short whole Ibra post game interwiew. Very interesting.

Signature
AC MILAN 7 CL titles.
LocalHero: Hakan Calhanoglu > Rui Costa

Kings of commode: patosheva - the man who never gave up & MR - the man who managed to say absolutely everything wrong

IT'S NOT COMING HOME...

Last edited by mrki; 17-10-2020 at 23:07.
mrki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2020, 23:10   #19416
IL Diavolo 3
Fester

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrki View Post
Agree. Milan did not play its best yet. But lets go one game by one. Season is long. Who knows what will gappen with thus covid shit also.

Step by step. But this is not 100% of this team yet.

And winter mercato must bring cb + dm.

Also, we had luck with schedule and now the momentum is on our side.

Tommirow I will translate in short whole Ibra post game interwiew. Very interesting.
Its out in English on the app.
Old 17-10-2020, 23:11   #19417
IL Diavolo 3
Fester

Quote:
Damn that sucks, hoped he could start vs Celtic instead of Ibra..hopefully he's fit for Roma and we can field our best lineup
For Celtic we can only start 2 cbs from today's game and rotate the rest.

The reserve have the potential to win it.
Old 17-10-2020, 23:36   #19418
Kaka06/07
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Saelemaekers

For me the Celtic game we should rotate as many as possible. The league is priority and we can win it so we should focus on that. Plus even a second team imo could beat Celtic. As long as guys like Maldini and Columbo are not starting. Ibra hakan ect can come on to kill the game in the second half of need be. Treble season must be the aim for this team as it is good enough.

I was hopeful that Krunic would be a vice kessie but today showed that the club does not belive this to be true. We need somebody there. Imo it needs to be an expirenced player who dosent mind sitting on the bench
I wonder if Kucka is still as good as he was
Kaka06/07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2020, 23:44   #19419
IL Diavolo 3
Fester

Ibrahimovic: ?They locked the wrong animal at home ? I was so hungry and I proved it with these two goals, I feel more complete, Leao is a great talent?

Quote:

Zlatan Ibrahimović has stated ?the team is growing a lot, the mentality is different and the young players take on more responsibility? after scoring twice in the Derby della Madonnina.

Zlatan missed four games for Milan as he was positive for the Coronavirus. But he returned just in time for the Diavolo?s match against Inter at Stadio San Siro.

Ibra led Milan to victory in the first Derby della Madonnina of the season with two goals. In the 12′ minute he scored from the rebound after seeing his penalty getting saved by Samir Handanović while 3 minutes later he found the net again thanks to a Rafael Leao assist.

Romelu Lukaku scored in the 29′ minute and nearly equalized a few times later in the game but the Rossoneri held out well and managed to grab the three beautiful points and remain top of the table.

?What was in my derby this evening? There was a lot, it was an important match against Inter,?*Ibrahimović told Sky Italia.*?Milan hadn?t won the Derby for 4 years. I was locked away at home for two weeks. I was so hungry and today I proved it with these two goals. I?m disappointed with the missed penalty but the important thing is to have won. This adventure continues.

?The Scudetto? We are at the beginning. Since I arrived the team has been doing great things, especially after the lockdown. The team is growing a lot, the mentality is different and the young players take on more responsibility. Everyone is training great.

?If I feel responsibility? I feel a lot of responsibility, I?m the oldest on the team. It?s a situation that I like a lot, everyone follows me and everyone is hungry to win. If I?m amazed by myself? No? I know what my level is. After the knee injury I went to America to feel alive. At Manchester I told Mourinho that I wasn?t ready and I didn?t want to disappoint him, so I went to America. Then Raiola to me to go back to Europe and they told me that Milan needed me the most and I came back.

?The COVID-19 quarantine? I only lost a bit of taste, I was taking swabs every three days. I would have played the Derby regardless, no one would have stopped me! The lion I posted on Instagram after the match? I?m like this lion, I wanted to put it up already in the last derby? I kept it aside [laughs].

?If I think I?ve done better in my 30s years than before? I feel more complete, I have more experience. When you are young you are still growing. Now I feel complete, if I had the physical condition of 10 years ago nobody would stop me, but even now they don?t stop me? My celebration after the second goal? There was one guy shouting from the audience, this celebration is only for him.

?My merits? In my opinion there?s a bit of everything. Physically I?m fine, I train a lot. I?m playing with great experience and I play with teammates who are willing to do many things. They are doing well, they listen, I put intensity on everyone ? I don?t accept that they relax, not in training and not in the match. You have to train at 200%.

?Le?o? He is very strong, he has an almost better body than mine. He has speed and technique. He just has to focus on football like he?s doing. He plays for Milan, there is not much patience here.
?Running for the title? We are thinking one game at a time, every game is like a final. When I arrived the objective was Europa and we got there. The objective for the club is to get to Europe again, my personal objectives are different but I keep them to myself [laughs]. Scudetto?? In my opinion there is a sure possibility, someone who believes can do everything. We believe in it, then in the end we?ll see how it goes. The road is still long.

?If I was targeting a particular defender? Yes, but I can?t tell you [laughs]. The coach prepared the game very well, he decided how we should attack. We did great things, we risked a bit but this is the Derby.?

said:*?The return from quarantine? I?m very hungry because they locked the wrong animal at home. Two weeks stuck at home, it?s not easy. Mentally it?s harder to be stuck indoors especially with the high tempo we?d had beforehand. Being stuck at home for two weeks, the tempo drops off completely and the body starts to tremble because it wants to work and to play, but because of COVID I was at home and all I could so was wait for it to pass so I could get back to the team to help them.

?The team? It is growing a lot, we play as a team a lot, and make a lot of sacrifices, one for all and all for one. We are doing well but the team must understand and knows that we haven?t finished anything yet, we have to push on now that they?ve had the feeling of winning matches. The mentality is the right one, to win you need to make these sacrifices and work hard. As I?ve told my daughter Sofia, you?ll play the way you?ve trained. If you don?t give 200% in training, you won?t play at 200%. That?s why you have to do something every day.

?Le?o? He is a great talent, he has a very bright future ahead of him if he makes the right decisions, it?s in his hands. We are here to help him, but he has to decide what he wants. He?s doing great things at the moment, he?s especially doing great things on the field, he?s open to improving and making sacrifices and today he played very well. In a match, there are moments when you struggle a bit, it?s that way for everyone, the important thing is to not let it get too much and to recover as soon as possible. But he is doing great things.

?Winning the derby away for the first time in 10 years? Now we don?t have to wait another 10 years? we were doing great, then I scored two goals. I?m a bit disappointed about the penalty, I shouldn?t miss. But I scored immediately after the penalty. So, three points today and we move on, I?m sorry for the fans ? we have great support and we saw it before the match when they accompanied us to the stadium. It?s a great shame the fans couldn?t be in the stadium to celebrate with us. However, after the game, we celebrated where they would normally be.
?The performance in attack? [Laughs] We?re highly-focused in front of goal, when I arrived I said we had to kill it every time we were in front of goal, today we could have scored more but we won and we are more effective in front of goal, you can?t win if you don?t score, but we?re scoring for the moment.?

Old 17-10-2020, 23:52   #19420
IL Diavolo 3
Fester

Kebab Costa