The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Matches

AC Milan Matches Talk about AC Milan's matches, post your comments, your views on the team performance, line-ups, etc. Find out the latest live AC Milan streams.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 17-10-2020, 21:38   #1261
Samaldinho
AC Milan Icon
 
Samaldinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Default

If we had our full team, it would have been different too.

We were missing Rebic, Ibra had just come back from covid, Romagnoli came back from months off to play in his first game, no friendly games, nothing. We were missing Gabbia, who could have been helpful, especially just to shut the game down.

Inter were missing Skirinar, who was so shit that he was dropped by Kolarov before, and the only player they were really missing was Bastoni. Rebic-Bastoni, evens out.

Sensi got a red card, and he probably wasn't going to start anyway. If it is about impact subs, then we were missing that too.

It's hilarious, everyone gets excuses, but when we do something well, then we give the other team excuses.

Juve is playing like dogshit against Crotone and people are like, "oh, well, Pirlo is a new coach..." It's fucking Crotone, where we were missing so many players, and we won. They weren't playing Lazio or Roma or Fiorentina, Crotone is a newly promoted team, Juve would probably rotate for a game like this anyway.

Milan played better than Inter. 2-1 was a flattering scoreline for them at half time. If Saelesmaekers was better in the final third, or if Krunic or Samu could finish, we would be up by several goals.

People only focus on shots, or worse, they just see someone make a move on a player and put in a useless cross or shit shot, and then they're like "oh we got dominated" or whatever.
Samaldinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2020, 21:51   #1262
Curupira
AC Milan Icon
 
Curupira's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by helloAgain View Post
Pioli was yelling "rafa" so much. But he also ended up constantly yelling "rade". So I don't think pioli got what he wanted.
Hate on samu is absurd. He was terrible since the start of the season but today he did good. Created two half chances for ibra and krunic, won free kick at good position, put pressure on inter half and together with ibra won some good balls.
Exactly. If we are being fair, Theo was way worse than Samu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild View Post
I dont get ppl suggesting Hakan , Ben , Theo or Sale having a bad game.
I think all had a good game despite some errors here & there , we played Inter today not some random team.

True that.
The way he challenged Lukaku was insane.


It isnt about Sale but more about Samu.
It was better to sub Hauge instead.




Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I wanted to see Hauge too. But that doesn?t diminish Samus contribution. He was far from terrible and actually contributed.

People act like Saelesmaerker is head and shoulders above Samu.


Signature
Curupira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2020, 21:54   #1263
Bunnee
AC Milan Icon
 
Bunnee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Yugoslavia
Default

Why the hate on Theo? He closed Hakimi nicely and was breathing down his neck constantly while not losing his flair for run-ins. It was a difficult match with a tricky player to cover. Let alone Hakimi playing higher up with Theo requiring to cover for Leao as well. We did good against a high press team.


Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kojak View Post
I know the real talents because I watch vids/read news.
Bunnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2020, 21:55   #1264
Fabio
Salad Fan Club
 
Fabio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Germany
Fav. Players: Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Boateng, Honda, Huntelaar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curupira View Post
Exactly. If we are being fair, Theo was way worse than Samu



I wanted to see Hauge too. But that doesn?t diminish Samus contribution. He was far from terrible and actually contributed.

People act like Saelesmaerker is head and shoulders above Samu.
he is, you are the only one still denying it


Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyrider View Post
I’m fan of Serie Borini.
Fabio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2020, 21:58   #1265
Curupira
AC Milan Icon
 
Curupira's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabio View Post
he is, you are the only one still denying it
Sure. Whatever you say


Signature
Curupira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2020, 22:05   #1266
Sven
Super Moderator
 
Sven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Default

Hakimi plays a super offensive role. He's a superb attacking threat but he naturally leave behind a lot of space. Pioli took a big risk starting Leao to explore that space instead of someone to shut him down.
And that's how the second goal happened, when Leao got the ball in that left wing with lots of space to make a play and he assisted Zlatan.

On the flip side Hakimi had freedom... He created half of their attacks for 60 minutes, he was a lot of trouble for Theo and he even missed one of their best chances. And at that point Pioli reverted the situation in left side with Krunic when he switch to a 433 and Hakimi didn't find any space anymore.

Both starting Leao and subbing him out was great decision making and both paid off and I don't get why anyone would criticize him for what he got right and what made a derby victory possible.


On another note, I remember much more structured and organized teams when Conti managed Juventus. This Inter is an offensive juggernaut... It's not only Lukaku, but the space he finds everywhere cause the defense is stretched all the time and threated from every angle. But they're also a kinda chaotic team and very exposed to counters.

We lost a very chaotic derby last season and today they also had some of those random chances they create out of the blue in long balls to blind spots of the defense and didn't convert. But Milan had a much more mature performance today. We controled the tempo a lot better, there was less mistakes from the players and when the team seemed to be losing a bit of structure Pioli corrected.


It was not a brilliant match but those are maybe the most precious 3 points we could get this season and they may as well prove decisive in the end. And on a more general point, it's really impressive how the team is on a path of growth and development. One still don't feel like this team is on a ceiling... There's a lot that can get better with hard work here, both from the team as a whole and specially from players getting better.
Sven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2020, 22:42   #1267
MilanMB
Serendipity
 
MilanMB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Fav. Players: Maldini - Nesta - Gattuso
Default

Wiiiiiiiiiin!


Signature
GOAT
MilanMB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2020, 22:45   #1268
brk
AC Milan Legend
 
brk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samaldinho View Post
If we had our full team, it would have been different too.

We were missing Rebic, Ibra had just come back from covid, Romagnoli came back from months off to play in his first game, no friendly games, nothing. We were missing Gabbia, who could have been helpful, especially just to shut the game down.

Inter were missing Skirinar, who was so shit that he was dropped by Kolarov before, and the only player they were really missing was Bastoni. Rebic-Bastoni, evens out.

Sensi got a red card, and he probably wasn't going to start anyway. If it is about impact subs, then we were missing that too.

It's hilarious, everyone gets excuses, but when we do something well, then we give the other team excuses.

Juve is playing like dogshit against Crotone and people are like, "oh, well, Pirlo is a new coach..." It's fucking Crotone, where we were missing so many players, and we won. They weren't playing Lazio or Roma or Fiorentina, Crotone is a newly promoted team, Juve would probably rotate for a game like this anyway.

Milan played better than Inter. 2-1 was a flattering scoreline for them at half time. If Saelesmaekers was better in the final third, or if Krunic or Samu could finish, we would be up by several goals.

People only focus on shots, or worse, they just see someone make a move on a player and put in a useless cross or shit shot, and then they're like "oh we got dominated" or whatever.
I think you're exaggerating a bit. Lautaro managed to turn Kjaer at least 5 or 6 times and could with a bit more luck they could have ended each move with a shot. Same with Lukaku who basically managed to hold off Romagnoli every time and got to play his pass to Lautaro or Hakimi without anyone stopping him. Kjaer and Romagnoli both had a really hard time and this could have easily gone another way. We were a bit lucky and they had a hard time improving because of their lack of depth.

The fact that their shooting and finishing in general was shit doesn't negate the fact that they managed to find themselves in a position to shoot very often.

Just checked and Inter’s xG for the game was 2.55 to our 2.06. Close, but it could have gone either way.

Last edited by brk; 17-10-2020 at 23:04.
brk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2020, 22:46   #1269
brk
AC Milan Legend
 
brk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunnee View Post
Why the hate on Theo? He closed Hakimi nicely and was breathing down his neck constantly while not losing his flair for run-ins. It was a difficult match with a tricky player to cover. Let alone Hakimi playing higher up with Theo requiring to cover for Leao as well. We did good against a high press team.
What disappointed me in Theo wasn't how Hakimi beat him a couple of times, it happens. It's the stupid misplaced passes especially in the second half. I think I counted three easy bad passes he made that could have gone horribly wrong.
brk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2020, 22:50   #1270
brk
AC Milan Legend
 
brk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven View Post
Hakimi plays a super offensive role. He's a superb attacking threat but he naturally leave behind a lot of space. Pioli took a big risk starting Leao to explore that space instead of someone to shut him down.
And that's how the second goal happened, when Leao got the ball in that left wing with lots of space to make a play and he assisted Zlatan.

On the flip side Hakimi had freedom... He created half of their attacks for 60 minutes, he was a lot of trouble for Theo and he even missed one of their best chances. And at that point Pioli reverted the situation in left side with Krunic when he switch to a 433 and Hakimi didn't find any space anymore.

Both starting Leao and subbing him out was great decision making and both paid off and I don't get why anyone would criticize him for what he got right and what made a derby victory possible.


On another note, I remember much more structured and organized teams when Conti managed Juventus. This Inter is an offensive juggernaut... It's not only Lukaku, but the space he finds everywhere cause the defense is stretched all the time and threated from every angle. But they're also a kinda chaotic team and very exposed to counters.

We lost a very chaotic derby last season and today they also had some of those random chances they create out of the blue in long balls to blind spots of the defense and didn't convert. But Milan had a much more mature performance today. We controled the tempo a lot better, there was less mistakes from the players and when the team seemed to be losing a bit of structure Pioli corrected.


It was not a brilliant match but those are maybe the most precious 3 points we could get this season and they may as well prove decisive in the end. And on a more general point, it's really impressive how the team is on a path of growth and development. One still don't feel like this team is on a ceiling... There's a lot that can get better with hard work here, both from the team as a whole and specially from players getting better.
Agreed on Pioli. Great decision to start Leao to try and isolate D'Ambrosio, and then once the game got too unbalanced the 433 closed off the space in front of the defense and allowed us to double up on Hakimi.

Lukaku kept finding space because he was getting easy passes since we didn't have anyone patrolling the space in front of the defenders. Any team with a free anchor would cut off all those easy central passes and force him to go really wide to get the ball. Once Krunic came on it was Kessie who mostly patrolled that area and that's when we managed to control Lukaku a bit better.
brk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2020, 23:26   #1271
Kaka06/07
World Cup Winner
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Fav. Players: Saelemaekers
Default

Theo played shit. It was the worst performance from him. Guess the pressure got to him a bit.

We played better than inter in the first half when the game was classy.

Inter played much better in the second half when the game for scrappy. They are better at playing sloppy football and in reality Idk. That is always gonna be the case when your team's average age is close to 30 vs us who are probably 24.

We are better now and will be in the seasons to come unstoppable if we keep this team together. Ibrah for next season as well imo. After that Leao will be ready to tear the league apart.

We finally have an awesome team to watch. Unbeaten season.
Kaka06/07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2020, 23:29   #1272
Master Smurf
AC Milan Icon
 
Master Smurf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Cayman Islands
Fav. Players: Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Cutrone
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunnee View Post
Why the hate on Theo? He closed Hakimi nicely and was breathing down his neck constantly while not losing his flair for run-ins. It was a difficult match with a tricky player to cover. Let alone Hakimi playing higher up with Theo requiring to cover for Leao as well. We did good against a high press team.
Factual critique - Theo was poor today and was beaten easily on a few occasions but nobody was truly terrible. Theo had good moments and even Samu did a few useful things even though he couldve been better to kill off the game.
Master Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2020, 23:29   #1273
Kaka06/07
World Cup Winner
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Fav. Players: Saelemaekers
Default

Also Saelemakers imo is so underated. Kid is good on the ball and makes things happen. Fast. And technical. And he brings this awsome work rate which helps cover for our Uber attacking left side. We need a more mature version of him to give him a chop out because a full season is too much. And tbf Samu has gone to shit.
Kaka06/07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2020, 23:39   #1274
IL Diavolo 3
Fester
 
IL Diavolo 3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Default

In derbies only the result matters, it is irrelevant to evaluate performances and analyze certain situations.

Enjoy it ffs and from tomorrow you can return to being experts.

All the guys played well, we made less mistakes than inter we came on top, everything else is void.

Great game by romagnoli who was out for 100 days, its never easy to play one of the best strikers in the world when you are rusty and out of shape.

He needs to be match fit. Theo had moments of mental shut down but he got no help from leao.
IL Diavolo 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2020, 23:41   #1275
Master Smurf
AC Milan Icon
 
Master Smurf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Cayman Islands
Fav. Players: Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Cutrone
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VultureSheva View Post
Perisic 6.8
Vidal 6.8
Handanovic 7.1

???
This is why you shouldn't trust these ratings too much
They didnt do shit

I thought Lautaro was pretty poor too - well his shooting anyway
Master Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2020, 23:44   #1276
milanator
AC Milan Legend
 
milanator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Austria
Default

Theo had some bad moments and they get exposed a lot more on this level, but he and Kessie were really important in somewhat containing Lukaku which was a key factor in the match.
milanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2020, 23:54   #1277
Velez Mostar
AC Milan Legend
 
Velez Mostar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Mostar, BiH
Fav. Players: -Sergej Barbarez&Meho Kodro-
Default

Donnarumma [5.5] Could've done better with the deflection that led to the goal, otherwise not much to do. Somewhat lucky not to concede a PK vs Belgian-Congolese beast
Theo [6] Tough task to close down energetic Hakimi, tried contributing in attack, ran a lot.
Kjaer [5] Some key decisive interceptions in 2nd half, but lost many duels vs Lautaro. Could've gotten a red card.
Romagnoli [4.5] Shaky performance, raped by Lukaku, far from 100% due to injury
Calabria [6.5] Our best defender tonight, good performance in both directions. Even though he let Perisic slip away before the goal, he kept him quiet for the rest of the game
Bennacer [7.5] Covered a lot space, good on the ball, dictating tempo, key interceptions in defence when Inter were chasing the equalizer
Kessie [7] Fought constantly and closed down space, good performance - better then Vidal
Hakan [7.5]Set up a goal, dictated tempo and kept posession with good distribution. Ran his socks of, well done!
Saelemaekers [6] Ran and never stopped, some poor decisions with the ball in his feet.
Leao [6.5]Crucial assist, offering an attacking threat - but forgot his defensive duties on several occasions, left Hakimi bombing down the wing 1-on-1 vs Theo
Ibrahimovic [8]Brace and match winning Bosnian Swede, won the penalty that he missed and just about all duels vs Inter defence. Could've had an assist or two. Pure class!

Castillejo [6]Set Krunic up, wasted Ibra's assistance himself - but won several free kicks and was steady on the ball.
Krunic [6] Wasted a good chance, did his defensive tasks better then Leao and helped closing down Inter's right flank.

In the end, we were lucky since Inter wasted huge chances and were arguably the better side.

Milano is red & black!


Signature
-------- Mostar u srcu, Velez do groba! --------
Neretva kroz vene tece, Velez nam je oka sjaj!
-----Rodjeni, Rodjeni, kraj Neretve rodjeni!-----
Velez Mostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2020, 00:18   #1278
yonggoh
Smoker
 
yonggoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Malaysia
Fav. Players: Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Oddo, Maldini
Default

Kjaer needs a 6.5... he did a brill 2nd half
I?d put Bennacer a half point down to 7
Ibra a 7.5... was walking towards the end
Donna a 6.5... might?ve done better on the goal conceded but was fine otherwise
Theo id put 5 or 5.5 for some dodgy decision making


Signature

Last edited by yonggoh; 18-10-2020 at 00:21.
yonggoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2020, 00:29   #1279
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon
 
Goodfella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven View Post
Both starting Leao and subbing him out was great decision making and both paid off and I don't get why anyone would criticize him for what he got right and what made a derby victory possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brk View Post
Agreed on Pioli. Great decision to start Leao to try and isolate D'Ambrosio, and then once the game got too unbalanced the 433 closed off the space in front of the defense and allowed us to double up on Hakimi.
Yup.

@Wild, @mrki, @Chiko etc
Sit down please. Padre Pioli is your teacher. If you're going to call him an idiot in every match-thread, then make sure your criticism isn't idiotic.


He made the correct subs.
Samu for Saele was also the right choice.
Saele was clearly not expecting to play more than 60-70 mins. He was running non-stop - more than the usual - even trespassing Leao's and Theo's territory when there was no action on his flank. Saving nothing for later.
But this also backfired a few times. He got caught out of position on numerous occasions, leaving Calabria completely alone on the right flank, because he was too eager to contribute at all times.
The Lukaku goal was partly his fault.

Samu was more disciplined. He also won a few balls high up the pitch, maintained the team's proactive approach and positioned himself correctly in transitions.
He had been horrible in all the previous games this season, but not tonight.
A safer bet than Diaz, who's too unreliable tactically when you're 2-1 up in a derby, and Hauge who's an unknown factor in this type of game.


Signature
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2020, 00:38   #1280
Kaka06/07
World Cup Winner
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Fav. Players: Saelemaekers
Default

Martinez is a bitch. He really is a diver.
Kaka06/07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:53.





Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2002-2011 The Red & Black Forums. These are fan forums and are in no way affiliated with AC Milan S.p.A.