The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Football

Football Talk about the wonderful game.

Old 30-01-2017, 04:05   #221
Neruda
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Maldini,Nesta,Zidane

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonReality View Post
I was hoping that Kondogbia transfer would drive Inter down financially. But it seems that they just dont care and continue to pay harder after every mercato.

Now their midfield is just good enough to afford leaving out Brozovic, Kondogbia and still dominated, I'd love to have either of them here. Apparently they didn't play Joao Mario too, fuck terrible time being a Milan fan.
? inter closet fan maybe ?
Neruda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2017, 11:16   #222
Qaas
Mystery Guy

Fav. Players: KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonReality View Post
I was hoping that Kondogbia transfer would drive Inter down financially. But it seems that they just dont care and continue to pay harder after every mercato.

Now their midfield is just good enough to afford leaving out Brozovic, Kondogbia and still dominated, I'd love to have either of them here. Apparently they didn't play Joao Mario too, fuck terrible time being a Milan fan.

Gtfo!

Signature
Qaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2017, 11:35   #223
Benz_1803
classic 1994

Fav. Players: Milan legendary

the trend is set...Milan win streak until winter, meanwhile merda is the opposite (??)

Signature
Benz_1803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2017, 15:17   #224
bluenine
Senior Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massaro94 View Post
We spent nowt and still got a trophy

You spent 200M over the last 2 seasons and got an EL place

Grande Inter
You call that a trophy?

Btw, in the last 2 years since Inter started spending big money, here are the rounded-off figures from Transfermarkt:

Inter: Transfer spend = 270m, Transfer Income = 145m, Net Spend = 125m
Milan: Transfer spend = 120m, Transfer Income = 30m, Net Spend = 90m

So Inter haven't really spent that much more than Milan as you seem to imply... just approx 35m more in 2 years.

Last edited by bluenine; 30-01-2017 at 15:23.
bluenine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 23:30   #225
Qaas
Mystery Guy

Fav. Players: KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi

Inter merda lost

Signature
Qaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 00:49   #226
Neruda
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenine View Post
You call that a trophy?

Btw, in the last 2 years since Inter started spending big money, here are the rounded-off figures from Transfermarkt:

So Inter haven't really spent that much more than Milan as you seem to imply... just approx 35m more in 2 years.

kkkkkkk
Old 06-02-2017, 00:53   #227
Neruda
AC Milan Icon

inter spent 150 m more on quality .. and that s huge

why calculate the transfer incomes ? werent we just seeing how much money they both spent only on players
Old 06-02-2017, 16:26   #228
rossonerobg
Primavera Player

Quote:
Somehow we've managed to spent 120m and we haven't improved at all, if it wasn't for Gigio (youth product), Suso and Bona (players transferred before those 2 years and costing a grand total of 10 mil) we'd be battling relegation .. that's G for you
rossonerobg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 18:12   #229
bluenine
Senior Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neruda1899 View Post
inter spent 150 m more on quality .. and that s huge

why calculate the transfer incomes ? werent we just seeing how much money they both spent only on players
Net Transfer spend is a better measure of how much a club spends than Gross Spend. Because financially (and sportingly) speaking spending money that you have earned by selling players is not the same thing as spending money after keeping all your players. For e.g., Inter bought Shaqiri for 17m and sold him for 17m in this period. You can say Inter spent 17m (gross) on the squad, but in reality Inter spent nothing (Net).

So Inter have spent only 35m more than Milan over the last two years. Thats give or take a Kondogbia.

Last edited by bluenine; 06-02-2017 at 18:16.
Old 06-02-2017, 18:53   #230
General
God Emperor of Humility

Fav. Players: MR, Kathy Griffin, Leaf's Vlogs

Quote:
Net Transfer spend is a better measure of how much a club spends than Gross Spend. Because financially (and sportingly) speaking spending money that you have earned by selling players is not the same thing as spending money after keeping all your players. For e.g., Inter bought Shaqiri for 17m and sold him for 17m in this period. You can say Inter spent 17m (gross) on the squad, but in reality Inter spent nothing (Net).

So Inter have spent only 35m more than Milan over the last two years. Thats give or take a Kondogbia.
Err... the way you're describing financials would not fly in a board meeting

Especially where you bought a player for 17m one year and sold him in another fiscal period

You also aren't taking into account the way the purchases and sales are structured in regards to actual cash flow of payments on the transfers

Very elementary approach... your post

Signature
Official RnB Contributor
General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 13:59   #231
bluenine
Senior Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by General View Post
Err... the way you're describing financials would not fly in a board meeting

Especially where you bought a player for 17m one year and sold him in another fiscal period

You also aren't taking into account the way the purchases and sales are structured in regards to actual cash flow of payments on the transfers

Very elementary approach... your post
I was simplifying and comparing the "Net Transfer spend" of the two clubs over 2 seasons, and explaining why its a better measure than the total transfer spend (which was what the original post compared). The main point is that Inter haven't really spent as much more money than Milan over the last 2 years as some people think.

I could analyse it from an P&L & Cash flow point of view, but even if you have the appetite for it, you will like it even less. For example in 2015-16, Inter actually make a profit in their books from transfers whereas Milan made losses from their transfers, even though Inter spent more money. Not that Inter management are more competent (they aren't really), but Inter were bound by FFP agreements and had to do it that way.
Old 07-02-2017, 14:54   #232
Neruda
AC Milan Icon

its like we re using numbers to lie to ourselves i suck at math no doubt but lets look at things in a very simple way;

Inter spent 270m on quality .

Milan spent 130m on quality .

saying you guys only spent 30m more than us ( a kondogbia ) is ridiculous , when in fact you guys spent more this winter alone than us all mercatos combined ( gagz loan + 30 m in summer )

Last edited by Neruda; 07-02-2017 at 15:05.
Old 07-02-2017, 18:22   #233
bluenine
Senior Team Member

Quote:
its like we re using numbers to lie to ourselves i suck at math no doubt but lets look at things in a very simple way;

saying you guys only spent 30m more than us ( a kondogbia ) is ridiculous , when in fact you guys spent more this winter alone than us all mercatos combined ( gagz loan + 30 m in summer )
Neruda, I understand where you are coming from. My point is that "Total transfer Spend" can be a misleading figure, "Net Transfer spend" is usually a better indicative of investment "on quality".

For example, if Milan had bought Aubameyang for 150m last summer and for some reason (financial or sporting) Milan sold him in January for say 200m. Milan's Total Transfer Spend in 2 years would have been 270m, but the squad quality would be exactly the same as it is now. You see where I am going with this? Because if you look at Net Transfer spend (Players bought - players sold), then the actual picture will emerge.

Inter did exactly the same thing with players like Shaqiri, Jovetic, etc. So Inter's total transfer spend looks like a bloated figure. But when you look at the Net Transfer Spend, the real picture emerges:

Inter: Players bought = 270m, Players sold = 145m, Net Spend = 125m
Milan: Players bought = 120m, Players sold = 30m, Net Spend = 90m

So in reality, Inter have only spend 35m more than Milan in the last 2 years. Inter have a high player churn because of FFP and the fact that Inter have no consistent vision while selecting coaches (new coach is always tactically opposite of the previous coach and needs different players).

Hope that clarifies.

Last edited by bluenine; 07-02-2017 at 18:28.
Old 07-02-2017, 18:59   #234
General
God Emperor of Humility

Fav. Players: MR, Kathy Griffin, Leaf's Vlogs

Quote:
I was simplifying and comparing the "Net Transfer spend" of the two clubs over 2 seasons, and explaining why its a better measure than the total transfer spend (which was what the original post compared). The main point is that Inter haven't really spent as much more money than Milan over the last 2 years as some people think.

I could analyse it from an P&L & Cash flow point of view, but even if you have the appetite for it, you will like it even less. For example in 2015-16, Inter actually make a profit in their books from transfers whereas Milan made losses from their transfers, even though Inter spent more money. Not that Inter management are more competent (they aren't really), but Inter were bound by FFP agreements and had to do it that way.
I don't like it or not like it.

I'm saying your initial explanation was an oversimplification

Signature
Official RnB Contributor
General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 19:20   #235
Ronin
Gattuso fanboy

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Quote:

Signature
We practice unpopular culture,that is honour, courage and commitment!
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 14:38   #236
Neruda
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
hey i said im not a scientific
Old 19-02-2017, 03:50   #237
jack_paglen
Rookie