The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Off Topic

Off Topic You can talk here about everything that doesn't fit in the rest of the forums (movies, music, games etc.)

Old 11-04-2018, 08:25   #3381
Don_Jacare
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez

Connor beats everyone barring kebab, tony 50 50, nate and vick. He ko's barboza, gaetje etc. Connor is defo top 5. Vick would easily be top 5 if people actually accept the fight. Look out for taisumov as well. Everyone are ducking him. Even vick lol.
Don_Jacare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 08:26   #3382
Don_Jacare
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
would you fight guys like tony and khabib for 1/4 of your real value?

I think you're an educated enough fan to know that mma is all about match ups, nate diaz is very good at mma boxing, has an iron chin and cardio for days, so his type of fighter is a tougher match up for conor rather than a eddie alvarez (who is a better fighter than diaz) and mcgregor toyed with alvarez.

justin would get slept by conor, he refuses to use his wrestling, doesn't defend well and never stops coming forward...I'd be surprised if it lasts 2 rounds.

I want to see conor vs khabib and conor vs tony, but tony is most likely out for a year...so it's most likely khabib next.
Agreed. Its all about matcups because alvarez would ragdoll diaz easy yet he got ko'd by connie.
Old 11-04-2018, 11:58   #3383
Alec
Football Idiot Savant

Fav. Players: Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Ghengis Khan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Jacare View Post
Connor beats everyone barring kebab, tony 50 50, nate and vick. He ko's barboza, gaetje etc. Connor is defo top 5. Vick would easily be top 5 if people actually accept the fight. Look out for taisumov as well. Everyone are ducking him. Even vick lol.
Taisumov should've been at UFC 223 but Visa issues prevent it iirc. Which is pretty weird considering the guy got an Austrian passport afaik.

The guys at my gym that know him rate him very highly indeed. Definitely a guy that would move up the rankings if he fought more.

Signature
100% muscle - 0% intelligence
Alec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 13:09   #3384
Az.
Se7en

Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Listening to JRE right now, and he has Bas Rutten on. He is promoting this:

Looks very cool
Az. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2018, 13:18   #3385
MilanMB
Serendipity

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Romagnoli, Suso, Bonaventura, Bonucci

Great card last night

Signature
GOAT
MilanMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2018, 13:43   #3386
Az.
Se7en

Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanMB View Post
Great card last night
Yeah lots of great fights, but man that main event
Old 15-04-2018, 15:16   #3387
Don_Jacare
AC Milan Icon

^? U like gaetje? Me too but man he needs to change his fightung style. He is already showing signs of cte.
Old 15-04-2018, 16:09   #3388
Az.
Se7en

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Jacare View Post
^? U like gaetje? Me too but man he needs to change his fightung style. He is already showing signs of cte.
Aye, i actually like both fighters. Yeah he needs to improve his boxing tenfold, he covers up decently, but he needs to roll with the punches a lot better if he doesn't want to have severe brain damage in +- 5 years time.

That Israel guy has a great stand up game, but his ground game is uber shite, he looked very lost when dragged to the ground.

Condit really needs to retire already
Old 15-04-2018, 17:29   #3389
Alec
Football Idiot Savant

Fav. Players: Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Ghengis Khan

Gaethje has the tools but just wants to brawl. No idea why, you can be entertaining without getting fucked up every fight that being said, I do enjoy his fights.

Not sure what gets him first - severe CTE(because he probably already has some) or the UFC cuts him after he loses a few more fights. I was very disappointed he didn't go the wrestling route after the Alvarez fight.

Adesanya looked way more bothered by takedowns this time around compared to his first fight and that's pretty worrying considering Vettori isn't even good in that regard - at least compared to the top MW I perhaps should add. I guess now it's the time for the Jon Jones comparisons to stop.

Condit needed to retire after his last fight.

But yeah, great job by the UFC putting this card together. Fox cards are definitely geared towards the just bleed crowd.

Signature

Last edited by Alec; 15-04-2018 at 20:27.
Old 15-04-2018, 21:39   #3390
Sage
Reinmēkā

can someone link me where i can watch the fight?

Signature
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2018, 03:09   #3391
Don_Jacare
AC Milan Icon

Mmacore bro
Or try mmaversus.
Old 17-04-2018, 17:10   #3392
MilanMB
Serendipity

UFC 224 card of the year?

Signature
GOAT
Old 17-04-2018, 21:27   #3393
Alec
Football Idiot Savant

Is Colby vs RDA confirmed for that yet? Woops that's 225. I thought of that one because you said card of the year

224 looks pretty meh. Outside of Gastelum I'm not going to even bother with that card.

Signature

Last edited by Alec; 18-04-2018 at 02:02.
Old 08-05-2018, 23:27   #3394
MilanMB
Serendipity

Georges St-Pierre vs. Nate Diaz

Signature
GOAT
Old 11-05-2018, 22:14   #3395
Alec
Football Idiot Savant

We got ourselves a freakshow fight due to Dern missing weight by 8lbs

Signature
Old 14-05-2018, 01:07   #3396
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

UFC Women's Bantamweight Division is dead Pennington did not belong in a Title fight and it showed. She wanted to quit and her corner told her to suck it up, that's probably going to create lots of controversy.

Machida, such class, oss. It's great to see Vitor hang it up, he's just not the same without TRT. Vitor vs. Wanderlei was one of the first mma fights I have ever seen and man, it's been fun watching him.

Signature
Curupira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2018, 03:12   #3397
Alec
Football Idiot Savant

Didn't Vitor say he wants to fight in Russia after the UFC? Pretty sure he'd be back on that TRT in no time

Also yeah, WMMA outside of 115 in UFC seems very uninteresting. 125 is Valentina's division, 135 Nunes and 145 is on life support anyway.

Signature
Old 14-05-2018, 07:59   #3398
Az.
Se7en

Signature
New Era version 8+
Old 14-05-2018, 08:34   #3399
Alec
Football Idiot Savant

He learned from the best.

Signature
Old 14-05-2018, 14:16   #3400
Mexes5
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini

I thought Jacare won, but why the hell was he so gassed after round one, not good.
Mexes5 is offline   Reply With Quote