The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Football

Football Talk about the wonderful game.

View Poll Results: Who will win the EPL title this year?
Manchester City 35 31.25%
Chelsea 49 43.75%
Arsenal 2 1.79%
Manchester United 12 10.71%
Liverpool 6 5.36%
Other 8 7.14%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Old 15-04-2018, 20:12   #30161
KujaIX
Allegri fanboy

Fav. Players: Allegri, Romagnoli, Bonaventura, Prince, Yepes, Nesta, Seedorf

A thoroughly average season.

Imagine actually being blown away in the CL and losing to a League One side in the FA Cup.

He'll always have next season.

Signature
Phillipe Mexes of R&B Mafia Games
Silvio Berlusconi - Forever in our hearts
KujaIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2018, 10:12   #30162
Az.
Se7en

Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
How does that work?

The guy can't even reach CL semi-finals, after wasting 400m pounds net (500 overall) on a team that was already stellar. Lost 5-1 to a team that has an even balance of transfers.

Klopp >>>> Fraudiola
This, the guy can't justify his less then stellar results when you invest half a billion pounds into a team.
Az. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2018, 10:21   #30163
Jasper
Maldini tier

Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Mario Balotelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
Champions
Massive - https://twitter.com/KEY103NEWS/statu...81947144622081

Signature
Must follow tumblr - http://milanpeaboss.tumblr.com/

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2018, 10:43   #30164
joyrider
Il Moderati

Overrated league.
joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2018, 10:45   #30165
Ronin
Flying over Kuco nest

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Conte managed to win it in his 1st year, without big investment...

Signature
We practice unpopular culture,that is honour, courage and commitment!
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2018, 10:48   #30166
Dwayne_YB
Pablo

Fav. Players: Fellaini, Ibra, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Batistuta, Beckham Berlusconi

Destroying the best league in the world is apparently not much of an achievement. Hmm

Signature
Pep Guardiola = GOAT
Dwayne_YB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2018, 11:13   #30167
Ronin
Flying over Kuco nest

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

How many EPL teams were in CL final last 5 years? Best league

Signature
Old 16-04-2018, 13:30   #30168
leaf
#FreeSpeech

Fav. Players: Ba, Quaresma, Ronaldo, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Shevchenko, Neymar, Seedorf, R.Carlos, CR7, Silva

lel

I've been saying that Guardiola is overrated for years....ppl just jumping off the train
Beating up the minnows in England doesn't impress me.....especially with the type of spending that he did.

The day Guardiola parted ways with a team containing Messi, is the day he ceased becoming a credible threat in the CL.

Rich
Man's

Signature
There's only 1 Ronaldo
leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2018, 13:39   #30169
Massaro94
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Michael Oliver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne_YB View Post
Destroying the best league in the world is apparently not much of an achievement. Hmm
Dont u just love all the butthurt on here, calling it an overrated league. Where a team like Ar5enal struggles to get into the top 5

Signature
https://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dynamic/67/590x/Real-Madrid-Gianluigi-Buffon-Juventus-944824.jpg
Massaro94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2018, 14:34   #30170
Ronin
Flying over Kuco nest

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaf View Post
lel

I've been saying that Guardiola is overrated for years....ppl just jumping off the train
Beating up the minnows in England doesn't impress me.....especially with the type of spending that he did.

The day Guardiola parted ways with a team containing Messi, is the day he ceased becoming a credible threat in the CL.

Rich
Man's
Why are you insulting Allegri?

At least the guy got to CL finals twice, whilst Pep can't even get to semi-finals

Signature
Old 16-04-2018, 16:09   #30171
Jammin
Il Signore

Pep Machine 17/18 - Champion's Edition

What a season! Somewhat let down by the last two weeks, but still a lot of promise shown at the start of this new Pep Era in the Premier League.

Of course I'm pleased with seeing the most dominant domestic football played in Great Britain ever, the numerous records being shattered across divisions, etc. But what I am most happy about is that Pep has found a solid working core for this Machine, and they are mostly young and full of sprite (replacing D. Silva and Fernandinho is very crucial). These young starlets can only improve under the greatest footballing mind of the 21st century, and I am excited to see what they can do with another pre-season of footballing masterclasses with Pep.

My biggest concern with the Pep Machine is that the innovation and experimentation has somewhat stalled in the recent past, but maybe Pep just wanted to play it safe and secure the league as soon as possible. I hope that we will see more genius craziness from the Absolute Mad Man in the future, as the players become more comfortable with him.

Shoutouts to my fellow Pepholics: Massaro, Fellaini and Huge Anus, I got too busy to continue with the Pep Machine posts later on the season, but I will make an even bigger effort next season to support our Lord and Saviour.

#PepMachine #Champions
Jammin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2018, 16:35   #30172
Massaro94
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
lel

Rich
Man's
GTFOH

Messi's best seasons were while Pep was at Barca (4 seasons).. since he left Messi has only scored 5 goals from the Q/F onwards

With Pep, Barca made it to 2 Finals and 2 semis... what's their record after he left (6 seasons)... 1 Final, 1 semi and the rest were Q/F

Pep is still a top UCL coach... The fact he hasnt made it to a Final after 5 seasons means nada. Carlo had to wait 7 seasons... Huynckes had to wait almost 2 decades. Capello never made it back to a final after 95 ... Even LVG went 15 years before making it back to a final. And i rate all of these coaches

When i think about it... it's fucking shocking Capello never made it back, consdiering the squads he went onto manage. But that's the UCL.

Embrace Pep and his football. One day he will be managing Brazil

Signature
https://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dynamic/67/590x/Real-Madrid-Gianluigi-Buffon-Juventus-944824.jpg
Old 16-04-2018, 18:17   #30173
leaf
#FreeSpeech

Fav. Players: Ba, Quaresma, Ronaldo, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Shevchenko, Neymar, Seedorf, R.Carlos, CR7, Silva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massaro94 View Post
GTFOH

Messi's best seasons were while Pep was at Barca (4 seasons).. since he left Messi has only scored 5 goals from the Q/F onwards

With Pep, Barca made it to 2 Finals and 2 semis... what's their record after he left (6 seasons)... 1 Final, 1 semi and the rest were Q/F

Pep is still a top UCL coach... The fact he hasnt made it to a Final after 5 seasons means nada. Carlo had to wait 7 seasons... Huynckes had to wait almost 2 decades. Capello never made it back to a final after 95 ... Even LVG went 15 years before making it back to a final. And i rate all of these coaches

When i think about it... it's fucking shocking Capello never made it back, consdiering the squads he went onto manage. But that's the UCL.

Embrace Pep and his football. One day he will be managing Brazil
The heck is wrong with you?
Barca still won without Pep. They STILL WON THE FUCKING CHAMPIONS LEAGUE!
And Carlo moved to other clubs and still won the CL and still won leagues without spending a bajillion dollars

Signature
There's only 1 Ronaldo
leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2018, 18:41   #30174
Ronin
Flying over Kuco nest

I bet that Allegri would win CL (and championship) with this City team and budget... and I don't even like or rate Allegri that high.

Signature
Old 18-04-2018, 22:40   #30175
Qaas
Mystery Guy

Fav. Players: KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi

Quote:
I bet that Allegri would win CL (and championship) with this City team and budget... and I don't even like or rate Allegri that high.

His juve 2014/15 team was better than this city team on paper
Qaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2018, 03:22   #30176
Don_Jacare
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez

Quote:
100%. Allegri>> fraudiola.
Don_Jacare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2018, 03:25   #30177
Don_Jacare
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaas View Post
But real was just stronger. Too strong. Until cronnie retires, they are likely to keep winning. They are the greatest ever team in the history of football. Hands down. We will get there eventually.

Last edited by Don_Jacare; 19-04-2018 at 14:45.
Don_Jacare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2018, 04:03   #30178
Massaro94
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
The heck is wrong with you?
Barca still won without Pep. They STILL WON THE FUCKING CHAMPIONS LEAGUE!
And Carlo moved to other clubs and still won the CL and still won leagues without spending a bajillion dollars
Not entirely true now is it.

Signature
Old 19-04-2018, 04:07   #30179
Massaro94
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Jacare View Post
But real was just stronger. Too strong. Until cronnie retires, they are likely to keep winning. They are the greatest ever team in history of football. Hands down. We will get there eventually.
Oh Swagger

Signature
Old 19-04-2018, 06:13   #30180
Ronin
Flying over Kuco nest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaas View Post
Yeah, having Matri as CF and 34 y.o. Evra as LB really gave them an edge.

Signature