The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Football

Football Talk about the wonderful game.



View Poll Results: Who will win the EPL title this year?
Manchester City 35 31.25%
Chelsea 49 43.75%
Arsenal 2 1.79%
Manchester United 12 10.71%
Liverpool 6 5.36%
Other 8 7.14%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2014, 15:21   #20161
General
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Fav. Players: MR, Kathy Griffin, Leaf's Vlogs
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalac#16 View Post


You've gone out of your way to ask 4 different people their opinion about a discussion on the internet
Was in a pub on business watching sports news. Story about vidic's transfer came up in a short segment

I asked- what do you think of vidic.

Simultaneously all 4 of the dudes pulled down their pants and started masturbating.

Hand to god
General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 15:35   #20162
Don_Jacare
AC Milan Icon
 
Don_Jacare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: brisbane
Fav. Players: cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manutd fan View Post
What kind of ridiculous logic is this, btw? Rooney has raped Nesta twice before yet Kompany usually bullies Rooney off the pitch.

Is Kompany > Nesta? Also Vidic was our best player in the 3-1 final. And unlike Milan, we were offensive in that game. Hence why we got totally rolled over in midfield (should have gone in with the defensive tactics of the 07/08 away leg).

Of course a player who was great in Serie A is obviously much better than a player who was great in the EPL
err no, rooney never even played against nesta in the second leg when we lost 4 - 0. it was bonera, thiago silva, flamini as a our RB and a 33 year old marek jankulovski. Besides we had bloody borriello as our main striker and huntelaar on the wings lol. You cant base your argument on a match which nesta dint even play cause of an injury and it was possibly the second weakest milan side ever after the current squad. Leatardo was our coach, there were a lot of factors that inhibited our chances of gaining something out of that game vs man.utd. However, man.utd thoroughly deserved the win though.
Don_Jacare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 15:39   #20163
Don_Jacare
AC Milan Icon
 
Don_Jacare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: brisbane
Fav. Players: cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Default

actually rooney played against nesta in the first leg, there was no real direct battle but he jumped over thiago silva for the second goal. He never actually physically or technically owned nesta.
Don_Jacare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 15:42   #20164
Kalac#16
AC Milan Icon
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Leeds, England
Default

Oh my god nobody cares.
Kalac#16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 16:03   #20165
Don_Jacare
AC Milan Icon
 
Don_Jacare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: brisbane
Fav. Players: cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Default

k
Don_Jacare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 16:33   #20166
leaf
#FreeSpeech
 
leaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fav. Players: Ba, Quaresma, Ronaldo, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Shevchenko, Neymar, Seedorf, R.Carlos, CR7, Silva
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manutd fan View Post
I believe it was Jones > Nesta
A wum in any case, which some mugs took seriously (speaks volumes).

Nesta's the best defender I've ever seen. Doesn't mean others weren't close to his level though, during their respective peaks.


Signature
There's only 1 Ronaldo
leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 16:36   #20167
Don_Jacare
AC Milan Icon
 
Don_Jacare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: brisbane
Fav. Players: cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Default

lmfaoooooo. ferdinand hahahah, vidic > ferdfcuker.
Don_Jacare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 16:49   #20168
Balo45
AC Milan Legend
 
Join Date: May 2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manutd fan View Post
What kind of ridiculous logic is this, btw? Rooney has raped Nesta twice before yet Kompany usually bullies Rooney off the pitch.

Is Kompany > Nesta? Also Vidic was our best player in the 3-1 final. And unlike Milan, we were offensive in that game. Hence why we got totally rolled over in midfield (should have gone in with the defensive tactics of the 07/08 away leg).

Of course a player who was great in Serie A is obviously much better than a player who was great in the EPL
Oh god, you're going to randomly bring in a few individual games and completely ignore my point. The point wasn't necessarily that nesta did something that vidic couldn't, the main idea was that, in my opinion which is subjective btw, the mark of truly top class center backs is the ability to perform when they are older, even if the consistency will obviously fall. Vidic right now isn't incredibly old yet, undeniably, he is not even close to his former level. That's what I'm saying. Vidic is not capable at his age of having the performances like nesta did against messi, or like cannavaro in winning the World Cup. He may have four or five years ago, but now as he aged. Those guys I listed could and they did. That is why I consider them at least a notch or two higher than vidic.

So next time, before randomly concluding that I have some serie a bias, actually take the time to do the basics of grammar and literature and identify what the argument is. I've read this forum long enough to know that you are smarter than that.

Last edited by Balo45; 09-05-2014 at 16:53.
Balo45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 16:52   #20169
Don_Jacare
AC Milan Icon
 
Don_Jacare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: brisbane
Fav. Players: cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Default

not a notch or two, 5 notches higher in their prime.
Don_Jacare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 16:52   #20170
Balo45
AC Milan Legend
 
Join Date: May 2014
Default

Btw, pointing out abrtitrary individual games like kompany against Rooney and whatnot, Samuel and Lucio won a treble and shutdown a team vidics backline had two tries against. Now I'm not saying that I personally believe this makes vidic worse than those two, however the logic can be used against vidic as well as for him.
Balo45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 17:12   #20171
manutd fan
EPL Captain
 
manutd fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: uk
Fav. Players: Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AŠAP Mario View Post
Oh god, you're going to randomly bring in a few individual games and completely ignore my point. The point wasn't necessarily that nesta did something that vidic couldn't, the main idea was that, in my opinion which is subjective btw, the mark of truly top class center backs is the ability to perform when they are older, even if the consistency will obviously fall. Vidic right now isn't incredibly old yet, undeniably, he is not even close to his former level. That's what I'm saying. Vidic is not capable at his age of having the performances like nesta did against messi, or like cannavaro in winning the World Cup. He may have four or five years ago, but now as he aged. Those guys I listed could and they did. That is why I consider them at least a notch or two higher than vidic.

So next time, before randomly concluding that I have some serie a bias, actually take the time to do the basics of grammar and literature and identify what the argument is. I've read this forum long enough to know that you are smarter than that.
There's multiple things can that can have an effect on career longevity. Vidic was a beast in the game against Bayern Munich this season and against Real Madrid last season, by the way.

But the reason Vidic has declined isn't because he's simply gotten older. He's had injuries. He tore his cruciate ligament in 2011. He then re-did the injury in 2012, and has picked up even more minor ones since then.

You'll see next season that it's FAR easier for older defenders in Serie A. He'll be very good next year for Inter. He's still a good defender anyway, particularly in the big games. Did you see his performance against Bayern Munich? But his reactions are a little slower. One the one off games, he can still be as good as ever though.

Likewise with Ferdinand. Not this season actually (might be one too far, we'll see) but despite not being able to run properly, he can still be a god in a big match, like dominating Suarez with one leg (pulled hamstring but carried on), or against Real Madrid where the Spanish Media wanked all over him for keeping them out on his own a few times.

Don't underestimate Vidic today. He's still good. In fact if it were up to me I'd keep him. He just needs a regular run without injuries which he hasn't had since 10/11.
manutd fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 17:12   #20172
Raz
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Default

Vidic sucks penis for a living.
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 17:19   #20173
seveners
SAPL Winner
 
seveners's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, van Basten, Inzaghi, Baggio, Costacurta, Gattuso, Maradona, Cantona
Default

Vidic sucks Billy's dick for living


Signature

BEST OF THE BEST
seveners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 17:22   #20174
manutd fan
EPL Captain
 
manutd fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: uk
Fav. Players: Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AŠAP Mario View Post
Btw, pointing out abrtitrary individual games like kompany against Rooney and whatnot, Samuel and Lucio won a treble and shutdown a team vidics backline had two tries against. Now I'm not saying that I personally believe this makes vidic worse than those two, however the logic can be used against vidic as well as for him.
Again, a stupid comparison. Inter Milan parked the bus against Barcelona. Defended with 11 men (or 10).

United didn't park the bus. We used fairly defensive tactics the year before (2008) and Barca never had a chance in two games.

It's easier for defenders to stand out when they have the protection of players ahead of them. Against that Barca side we went with a midfield of Carrick/Anderson/Giggs one year, and just Carrick/Giggs in 2011. Both in attacking systems (poor tactical move on SAF's part as he admits in his book).

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaf View Post
Yeah, back in 2008. When Rio was the best in Europe. If it wasn't for Ronaldo he'd have won POTY. His performances vs Eto'o (x2) and Torres were

Rio's another one. At his peak, he's up there with even Nesta (though slightly behind). What actually separates them was Nesta did it for longer. Rio might have, but his back injury meant he can barely run properly. Before he took up yoga he had to lie in bed for 12 hours after match because his back meant he couldn't move. Couldn't train during the week either. Basically was good for 90 minutes of exercise a week (match itself).

He's another one who's strangely underrated on here. But I guess he didn't play in Italy so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalac#16 View Post
Oh my god nobody cares.
You just want us to discuss Laursen

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan_swagger View Post
err no, rooney never even played against nesta in the second leg when we lost 4 - 0. it was bonera, thiago silva, flamini as a our RB and a 33 year old marek jankulovski. Besides we had bloody borriello as our main striker and huntelaar on the wings lol. You cant base your argument on a match which nesta dint even play cause of an injury and it was possibly the second weakest milan side ever after the current squad. Leatardo was our coach, there were a lot of factors that inhibited our chances of gaining something out of that game vs man.utd. However, man.utd thoroughly deserved the win though.
United 3-2 Milan 07.
Milan 2-3 United 10.

Rooney scored twice in each. Nesta couldn't deal with him. Not just the goals, his all round play.

I know more about Milan than you do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by milan_swagger View Post
lets agree to disagree then, i dont think u have watched samuel enough tbh. Samuel was hailed as 'The Wall' for a reason, he was an absolute beast of a player. I am not saying vidic wasnt great, he is world class without a doubt, i would have certainly loved him here at milan but i just dont think he belongs to the upper echelon of defenders. Samuel is better because he is more organized, tactically adept, superior reader of the game, equal in strength to vidic, although both were fairly slow in their respective prime but samuel was better at bringing the ball out from defense imo.

Btw, how many goals has drogba scored against united, just wondering, cause he is supposed to score in most big games. He has scored like 13 against arsenal, a lot against man shitty and 9 against liverpool.
Vidic was superior in every aspect bar bringing the ball out, IMO.

Drogba scored twice - an offside goal that won Chelsea the league and one in the CL. Drogba usually didn't get anything out of Vidic.

Used to boss Arsenal. Drogba vs Senderos was always funny.

Last edited by manutd fan; 09-05-2014 at 17:27.
manutd fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 17:26   #20175
Raz
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Default

Vidic is the world champion of sucking penis.
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 17:33   #20176
seveners
SAPL Winner
 
seveners's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, van Basten, Inzaghi, Baggio, Costacurta, Gattuso, Maradona, Cantona
Default

Vidic sucks thohir's dick for playing for inter merda


Signature

BEST OF THE BEST

Last edited by seveners; 09-05-2014 at 17:36.
seveners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 17:36   #20177
manutd fan
EPL Captain
 
manutd fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: uk
Fav. Players: Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
Default

Vidic is gonna make Balotelli shit his pants again
manutd fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 17:39   #20178
Raz
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Default

The number of dicks sucked by Vidic equals the number of dicks in the world at any given time.
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 17:40   #20179
Balo45
AC Milan Legend
 
Join Date: May 2014
Default

Vidic is so cool for putting his chest out at 20 year old balotelli. Then balotelli scored(or assisted?) and won the FA cup semifinal. Vidic sure showed him up.
Balo45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 17:46   #20180
Balo45
AC Milan Legend
 
Join Date: May 2014
Default

Btw, again you missed the major point... By comparing vidic to Lucio or Samuel at inter I was NOT making a case for how those matches display who's better. It's like you don't even read the posts in detail man. I was saying how you pointing out that Rooney overran nesta, kompany showed up Rooney, Lucio shut down messi, messi destroyed united etc. is all useless and meaningless because of context and the variables that come into play, as you pointed out in defense of vidic ( although fail to use when comparing other players.) I even said, I don't think that shows who is better. But your little Manchester United complex had kick in so you ignored that and took it as me stating that this made inters defenders better.
Balo45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:42.





Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2002-2011 The Red & Black Forums. These are fan forums and are in no way affiliated with AC Milan S.p.A.