The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players

AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players Talk about the history of AC Milan or its legendary/ordinary former players.

Old 25-07-2014, 18:29   #1221
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

Fav. Players: Clarence Clyde Seedorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danilo JBG View Post
A few years ago, I would say he was not ready, as he still needs to improve a lot defensively.

However, in our squad's current quality, he's good enough to get regular football. At least there's still a lot of room and time for him to improve.
would like to see him take a role like Poli last year if possible.

You know, started 18, sub 8 times. Basically wasn't full fledged starter ala montolivo but got opportunities, and if he played well would get to continue playing.

-

Unsure if he's ready for it but it's getting close.

What would really benefit poli and cristante is 1 high quality mid to eleviate pressure

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACmen View Post
Only Milan can punish it's own fans by qualifying for CL. I'm off to sleep, another year wasted. When will this fucker be fired..
#RnB
Senatore_M84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2014, 18:34   #1222
Rickaka
molto life

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Seedorf, Balotelli, Willems, Memphis Depay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senatore_M84 View Post

You know, started 18, sub 8 times. Basically wasn't full fledged starter ala montolivo but got opportunities, and if he played well would get to continue playing.

-

What would really benefit poli and cristante is 1 high quality mid to eleviate pressure
You mean like Montolivo and de Jong.

Signature
Rickaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2014, 18:46   #1223
Montolivo
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Zlatan, Montolivo, Honda, Pazzini, Abate, De Sciglio, Mexes, Ambrosini, Nesta, Pato, Ronaldinho

Can be the best talent we produced in a long time. In italy, especially coaches, they dont have as much faith in young midfielders. Cristante is more talented than DES, but being a holding midfielder takes much more responsibility. Its easier for defenders to brake trough in first team.

Hope cristante gets playing time, atleast as mezzala, he needs it now.

Signature
''Form is temporary. Class is permanent".

''Only a Sith deals in absolutes''
Montolivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2014, 19:08   #1224
yagami7gnr
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montolivo View Post
Can be the best talent we produced in a long time. In italy, especially coaches, they dont have as much faith in young midfielders. Cristante is more talented than DES, but being a holding midfielder takes much more responsibility. Its easier for defenders to brake trough in first team.

Hope cristante gets playing time, atleast as mezzala, he needs it now.
WTF are you talking about? Defenders do not break into the first team in Italy especially not in serie A. It is rare for a defender to play consistently in Italy whether it is as CB or RB/LB.

With that being said, Cristante has a great future ahead of him same as DeSciglio. Do not forget #2.

Signature
"If ignorance is bliss; then, knock the smile off my face"
yagami7gnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2014, 19:23   #1225
Montolivo
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Zlatan, Montolivo, Honda, Pazzini, Abate, De Sciglio, Mexes, Ambrosini, Nesta, Pato, Ronaldinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by yagami7gnr View Post
WTF are you talking about? Defenders do not break into the first team in Italy especially not in serie A. It is rare for a defender to play consistently in Italy whether it is as CB or RB/LB.

With that being said, Cristante has a great future ahead of him same as DeSciglio. Do not forget #2.
I should add Fullbacks in particular, but I stand corrected, a young midfielder has it harder in italy.

Signature
''Form is temporary. Class is permanent".

''Only a Sith deals in absolutes''
Montolivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2014, 19:38   #1226
Nestafan
Long Hair > Mohawk

Fav. Players: Nesta, Ibra, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo. Current AC - Jack, Romagnoli, Cutrone, Abate.

Is he going to be loaned out?

Signature
Nestafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2014, 20:00   #1227
yagami7gnr
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montolivo View Post
I should add Fullbacks in particular, but I stand corrected, a young midfielder has it harder in italy.
Nobody has it harder than a CB. Playing CB in Italy is the hardest thing. There are always rarities like Maldini or Nesta.

Signature
"If ignorance is bliss; then, knock the smile off my face"
yagami7gnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2014, 20:36   #1228
Danilo JBG
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senatore_M84 View Post

-

He was getting playing time with Allegri, but lost space when we changed coach and tactics. IIRC he started some games at Poli's role shortly before Seedorf stepped in.

For this season, even though I see De Jong as the likely 1st choice for anchor, until Montolivo returns Cristante is probably 2nd in line. I wouldn't be surprised if we see him starting often in this position, assuming Milan don't sign anyone for that role.

But I agree a more advanced role would suit him better for now.
Danilo JBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2014, 20:43   #1229
necromancer
Capocannoniere

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

I would love to see Montolivo-DeJong-Cristante as a matter of fact. 5 straight games with that midfield and I'm positive Cristante's level will swiftly increase.

Signature
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2014, 20:56   #1230
melanman
The Oracle

He did well in the friendly but he is not first 11 quality yet. atleast in a competitive team.

If our team had more talent in it, It would of hyper accelerated his growth.

Because we are so low on quality players here stagnate.

Kaka and Silva were great examples of being surrounded by quality.
melanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2014, 00:13   #1231
Ender
R.I.P Milan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yagami7gnr View Post
Nobody has it harder than a CB. Playing CB in Italy is the hardest thing. There are always rarities like Maldini or Nesta.
To put a CB in a coach needs big balls and also to able to teach fast the most important aspects of the position. For coach that is not considered good at defense, Zeman has put in the first team both Nesta and Marquinhos. That guy has big balls when it comes to playing young players that don't mind running for the full 90 min. I wonder how he'll do at Cagliari this year especially now that they sold Astori.
Ender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2014, 00:26   #1232
Qaas
Mystery Guy

Fav. Players: KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladro View Post
Im kinda hoping he turns out toni kross like. So far thoe he needs alot of work on his defensive duties. Fodder a really needs B teams, you can see he lacks experience against the big boys.
Cris actually reminds me of him.

Signature
Qaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2014, 04:31   #1233
belloefamoso
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by melanman View Post
He did well in the friendly but he is not first 11 quality yet. atleast in a competitive team.

If our team had more talent in it, It would of hyper accelerated his growth.

Because we are so low on quality players here stagnate.

Kaka and Silva were great examples of being surrounded by quality.
Debut serie a against atalanta and score a goal and showed great performance in 2 match with assist for balotelli score. He showed in serie a not friendly man
belloefamoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2014, 06:24   #1234
melanman
The Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by belloefamoso View Post
Debut serie a against atalanta and score a goal and showed great performance in 2 match with assist for balotelli score. He showed in serie a not friendly man
Whats your point!? he is not ready unless you trying to finish the season in 8th again
Old 26-07-2014, 08:02   #1235
belloefamoso
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by melanman View Post
Whats your point!? he is not ready unless you trying to finish the season in 8th again
I only want to mention to you that he showed his talent in competitive leaque as serie a, no ffriendly match. Milan is building with new team and i suppose that we should count his talent. He isnt bad but around him we only have average experiend teammate as zaccacrdo, bonera... we need experience player but they have to quality. From succes of germany club to netherland team, germany team...we have to count youngers player. Milan finished last season in 8 position it isnt not mistake from young player. I believe with sciglio, cristante& elshar, balo, alex, menez and add on some experience quality player we can fight for 3 position
Old 26-07-2014, 08:44   #1236
Sorriso Sempre
AC Milan Icon

we found the new redondo!!!

one of the few positives against olympiacos.

he needs to get at least 20-25 starts this season

Signature
Sorriso Sempre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2014, 08:52   #1237
melanman
The Oracle

Quote:
I only want to mention to you that he showed his talent in competitive leaque as serie a, no ffriendly match. Milan is building with new team and i suppose that we should count his talent. He isnt bad but around him we only have average experiend teammate as zaccacrdo, bonera... we need experience player but they have to quality. From succes of germany club to netherland team, germany team...we have to count youngers player. Milan finished last season in 8 position it isnt not mistake from young player. I believe with sciglio, cristante& elshar, balo, alex, menez and add on some experience quality player we can fight for 3 position
Ok thats fine. Fyi I watched those games, he was good in the offensive faze but was struglling defensively. He'll get his chance but he is not ready to be a first 11 player just yet.
Old 26-07-2014, 10:12   #1238
TAZIO.N
Senior Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Principe F.R View Post
we found the new redondo!!!

one of the few positives against olympiacos.

he needs to get at least 20-25 starts this season
Hahaha,you're definitely not alone on this,many people said this a couple of years ago("Cristante is like a young redondo minus the hair")but to be honest he's more in the mould of the guy in your avatar..both are very good with the long passess, can score spectacular long range goals and very capable freekick takers(in case of Albertini he's a world class freekick taker on par with Pirlo imo)
TAZIO.N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2014, 03:35   #1239
belloefamoso
AC Milan Legend

He showed his talen in this difficult time. His pass to niang in first half is beautiful. Control the ball very well. He did take corner kick and free kick greatly all the game. e is getting more mature than. Great future ahead him

Last edited by belloefamoso; 28-07-2014 at 03:38.
Old 28-07-2014, 03:49   #1240
Brutalitops
El Tigre Chino

Fav. Players: Pirlo, Reus, Abate, De Sciglio, Ibrahimovic, Nesta, David Luiz, Thiago Silva, Poli, Cavani, ElSha

Quote:
He showed his talen in this difficult time. His pass to niang in first half is beautiful. Control the ball very well. He did take corner kick and free kick greatly all the game. e is getting more mature than. Great future ahead him
He'll do well in a couple seasons and get sold if this management keeps at it

Signature
Brutalitops is offline   Reply With Quote