The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Matches

AC Milan Matches Talk about AC Milan's matches, post your comments, your views on the team performance, line-ups, etc. Find out the latest live AC Milan streams.

Old 22-02-2021, 09:58   #1041
Jivara
Forza Milan

Quote:
Originally Posted by VultureSheva View Post
When I put Leao in AM role they all attacked me. He did this role better than out of form Hakan recently.
You care too much about what others think of your ideas

Anyway, I see Leao similar to Kaka because he can run at defenders and he can deliver the final product (shot or assist). Maybe the best would be for him to play like Kaka in his final years in a xmas tree formation.

Hakan is better than Leao in the current formation. But I am starting to think that we need some adjustments and to have more than one approach.
Jivara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2021, 10:43   #1042
.A.K.

Fav. Players: Kaka,Pato,Maldini,Inzaghi

just tsaw the highlights, if that overweight greedy pig raiola asks for a pay rise for donna again we should sell him, clown. Romagnoli is shit too since his injury.
.A.K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2021, 11:42   #1043
forward
AC Milan Icon

My takeaways - we got too carried away beating crappy teams with every lineup and every tactics we tried.

This is a young squad with many limitations and we need to take that into account when we play top teams.

Oh and by the way - we can still win the Scudetto if we fix our defensive setup.

Signature
forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2021, 12:14   #1044
GreatKalu
I still believe!

Tactics and form aside, I feel I didn't see the same focus, grit and determination we saw in the first leg against Inter. I think this change in character had the most impact.

Signature
SEVEN
GreatKalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2021, 12:35   #1045
brk
AC Milan Legend

I'm still surprised we didn't start Tomori. Whether in for Kjaer or Romagnoli, not playing him was suicide. This is the exact sort of situation that we needed someone like him, and to play two slow defenders in such a high line against Lautaro and Lukaku was insane. I really didn't understand it.
brk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2021, 12:53   #1046
Thenebra
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by brk View Post
I'm still surprised we didn't start Tomori. Whether in for Kjaer or Romagnoli, not playing him was suicide. This is the exact sort of situation that we needed someone like him, and to play two slow defenders in such a high line against Lautaro and Lukaku was insane. I really didn't understand it.
Maybe pioli is sloooow as romagnoli is.

Signature
Sometimes Maybe Good Sometimes Maybe Shit
Thenebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2021, 13:12   #1047
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by forward View Post
My takeaways - we got too carried away beating crappy teams with every lineup and every tactics we tried.

This is a young squad with many limitations and we need to take that into account when we play top teams.

Oh and by the way - we can still win the Scudetto if we fix our defensive setup.
Even then, lots of the games we had strokes of luck coming back from being down.

Those were more individual efforts who were motivated rather than specific set of tactics.

It?s unrealistic to expect us to play the perfect game everytime, with this current squad

Signature
Curupira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2021, 14:26   #1048
Australiano1980
#CommunismKills

Fav. Players: Van Basten, Maldini, Savicevic, Baresi, Desailly, Gullit, Romario

Once again, poorly performance, like i said... day after day, the team will get more and more predictable... Pioli doesnt have the hability to change, he never had.

He should have changed the formation already, for a half game, for atleast 20 minutes or so... but he keeps relying only with the influence of Ibra on the youngsters.

Its frustating. We do have a good squad.

Signature
Australiano1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2021, 15:18   #1049
Wera
Senior Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalHero80 View Post
hard to bench your captain.
Ever since Inter benched Icardi and got rid of him, they are a lot better.
Wera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2021, 15:48   #1050
Wild
*Rejuvenation*

Fav. Players: Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curupira View Post
People also hyped Rodrigo Ely after his preseason.

Look what happened to him.
Ely never played a stretch outperforming Roma, Gabbia did.
And i said back then Roma didnt even commit fatal errors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curupira View Post
I agree with most of your post. I agree these types of things happen to young teams and I understand the patience required for a younger squad.

With that said, there?s turning on a player and there?s analyzing with reason. Interesting you use Leao as an example. He has great moments on the pitch, but can anyone say with certainty where exactly does he fit best in our current system? He has flaws which makes him unsuitable for both the CF and the LW positions. Is he talented? Yes. Is there an upward trajectory? Sure. But has any of those deficiencies changed?

Not to mention this is a player we gambled 35m on, while we are thin in multiple other positions. I?m not suddenly turning on him, i was vocally critical of Maldinis transfer mercato. It doesn?t mean I don?t wish him well or hope that he can grow into a player that fits, just so far I haven?t seen any of that.

But if we look at it in terms of an investment, I don’t think his bright moments justifies what we paid for him (or really raises his transfer value since we already paid pretty high)
Would rather discuss Tona before I mention Leao.
Where the fuck does Tona fit & where are his 30mil contribution?
Leao is a highly talented player that we dont know how to use.
Tona is what exactly?

Signature

Last edited by Wild; 22-02-2021 at 15:57.
Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2021, 18:09   #1051
Riffstein
Rookie

I honestly see many problems, individual, team, and coaching. I believe at the time of making Romangoli captain it was an alright decision, but I think now it?s not the case, someone else should have it, either Donna or Ibra.
Pioli was a different beast with his back against the wall, he created a team of Wolverines, now they are becoming soft, predictable, and playing without heart.
We have been off tempo for a while now, I think the next match is going to be extremely decisive, not only for this season but for the seasons to come.
Riffstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 04:30   #1052
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild View Post
Ely never played a stretch outperforming Roma, Gabbia did.
And i said back then Roma didnt even commit fatal errors.

Would rather discuss Tona before I mention Leao.
Where the fuck does Tona fit & where are his 30mil contribution?
Leao is a highly talented player that we dont know how to use.
Tona is what exactly?
Tonali seems to be adapting to a similar role as Bennacer. His performances so far hasn?t justified his price tag but we are also paying in installments which is a lot friendlier than paying upfront.

Regarding Gabbia, I am for him getting chances. But origianl point however is that people won?t be patient with him once he makes mistakes.

Signature
Curupira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2021, 14:29   #1053
Australiano1980
#CommunismKills

Fav. Players: Van Basten, Maldini, Savicevic, Baresi, Desailly, Gullit, Romario

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Smurf View Post
Guy - they couldnt pass the ball out for the last 15-20 mins then got a break one time at the end.
They had it under control.

Signature
Australiano1980 is offline   Reply With Quote