The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Players & Staff

AC Milan Players & Staff Share your views on the current AC Milan players & staff, from the seniors to the Primavera and even lower.

Old 23-02-2021, 01:03   #4261
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

I think Romagnoli needs some real help if he was to step up as a player. Having Kjaer around is good but we need a higher level defender for Romagnoli to play with if he hope he could up his game.

Signature
Curupira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 01:09   #4262
Casualista
Monsieur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curupira View Post
I think Romagnoli needs some real help if he was to step up as a player. Having Kjaer around is good but we need a higher level defender for Romagnoli to play with if he hope he could up his game.
Lol pretty baseless hypothesis.

No evidence his game goes up or down with more or less quality around him.

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfcfan1 View Post
sex without connection means nothing to me, waste of time
Casualista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 01:24   #4263
Massaro94
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou

Quote:
We could put Baresi next to him... Still wont help. No matter how you set up a team. There is always a chance your defender will be involved in a 1 v 1 .... Roma has shown he cannot be relied upon in such moments.

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by IL Diavolo 3 View Post
Any news on Ramos? I don’t even mind giving him #3
Massaro94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 02:11   #4264
ROSSONERI7
World Cup Winner

Quote:
i don't understand this excuse. it was used for Montolivo in the past.

this logic is normally used for players who offer something great in one phase/aspect which prevent them to fully participate in the opposite phase...or they have such great skills in one department but lack of in another department ... so you pair them with a complementary player(s)

like is Theo is a great weapon going forwards so he will sometimes be far up during counter and not make it in time...you surround him with a CB (and even DM & LW) who can cover for him.

for someone to cover 1 weak aspect of your game, you gotta be great at another aspect that brings great value to the team.

it's not the case here at all...you're pretty much asking for him to get carried...if you have to get carried you simply don't fit/belong.

Signature
If we win 2020-2021, we'll win 2021-2022
ROSSONERI7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 06:33   #4265
Neruda
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Maldini,Nesta,Zidane

Quote:

Get over it. Hes mediocre and thats it
Neruda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 09:13   #4266
Savo
Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey

Fav. Players: Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchens View Post
hahahaha wtf... to Romagnoli, everyone is really fast. Lukaku has pace, he's not a burner but he is a strong runner and honestly, anyone is a blazer compared to Romagnoli, guy has always been a slug.

Bottom line is if we are dead set on a high press and Theo shoving up heavily, then Romagnoli cannot start at CB there. If we change formations it'd probably be fine, but as is, he does not fit this team's style of play and his weaknesses are on display in this style of press as with a high press and Theo halfway up the field most of the time a lot of 1v1's or 1v2's are going to happen with relative consistency so you need an athletic defender there who's good at making early challenges so as to not let the defense have the time to run at you, and this is definitely not Romagnoli's strength and it shows

Signature
My favorite goal (the 2nd one) - Kaka
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiMVT...eature=related

Maldini... true legend... the best
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8rqnwVBVQE
Savo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 13:00   #4267
beegees
Living Stoneman

Fav. Players: Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant

@neruda habibi I'm not sure why you are still using that eeeww avatar
beegees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2021, 14:26   #4268
Australiano1980
#CommunismKills

Fav. Players: Van Basten, Maldini, Savicevic, Baresi, Desailly, Gullit, Romario

Quote:
At this point he should be mentoring someone and not be 'mentored'. He is not a kid anymore.

Signature
Australiano1980 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2021, 16:14   #4269
Jivara
Forza Milan

I think the problem with Romagnoli started when he was given the captaincy. He was still not ready for the change in mentality. Its hard to lead a group when you are not confident of your own abilities and there's a difference between knowing what you can do and actually performing it.

Because Romagnoli is actually a good player, let's not act like we weren't excited when he first joined us, and for the most part he looked like the real deal.

But when he became captain he lost focus, he thought he should argue with the ref and he began to make lazy and silly fouls. He is a much different defender today than when he first joined.

If it were up to me I would talk to him sensibly and tell him that we are giving the captaincy to someone else and that doing so would be for his own good. We want him to redevelop and we should pair him with an excellent defender who can teach him. I really wanted Thiago Silva, only to continue this passage of Milanese defence through the generations.

The banter era really fucked us because we lost that link between champions and developing players.
Jivara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2021, 14:40   #4270
Australiano1980
#CommunismKills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jivara View Post
I think the problem with Romagnoli started when he was given the captaincy. He was still not ready for the change in mentality. Its hard to lead a group when you are not confident of your own abilities and there's a difference between knowing what you can do and actually performing it.

Because Romagnoli is actually a good player, let's not act like we weren't excited when he first joined us, and for the most part he looked like the real deal.

But when he became captain he lost focus, he thought he should argue with the ref and he began to make lazy and silly fouls. He is a much different defender today than when he first joined.

If it were up to me I would talk to him sensibly and tell him that we are giving the captaincy to someone else and that doing so would be for his own good. We want him to redevelop and we should pair him with an excellent defender who can teach him. I really wanted Thiago Silva, only to continue this passage of Milanese defence through the generations.

The banter era really fucked us because we lost that link between champions and developing players.
I only disagree with the armband. He can be captain and sit on the bench. The problem is, he will leave if that happens and im not sure if we gain more recovering him or signing someone else(Milan if after a croatian defender that i forgot his name). Thats a issue that i dont know.
Romagnoli doesnt deserv more money tho.

Who do you think would won a race between Romagnoli and Sule ?

Signature
Old 25-02-2021, 17:49   #4271
Bird
I AM the word

2015: I defend like Nesta & have the touch of Zidane.

Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2021, 18:13   #4272
Jivara
Forza Milan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Australiano1980 View Post
I only disagree with the armband. He can be captain and sit on the bench. The problem is, he will leave if that happens and im not sure if we gain more recovering him or signing someone else(Milan if after a croatian defender that i forgot his name). Thats a issue that i dont know.

I don't think he deserves a raise either. What he deserves is a reality check, he is not a captain yet, he should return to development and to try to find his best form because its there. If he doesn't agree to fight for his development then sell him by all means, but I would want to hear that stated from him clearly first. I get the feeling that he loves the club and I am okay with him on the squad if he has a stronger mentality.

Sule is like Romagnoli from 3 years ago... they're same level of defender
Jivara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2021, 21:33   #4273
beegees
Living Stoneman

Fav. Players: Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant

Lord Romagnoli
beegees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2021, 00:39   #4274
nekky
Big Muffin

Fav. Players: Ibrahimovic Kaká Thiago Silva Shevschenko Cassano Pato Nesta Maldini

For a guy that tall and slow, he's awfully weak. If he had strength, atleast that would compensate for his slow legs. But players like Lukaku can easily shrug him off

Signature

El Faraone
nekky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2021, 03:09   #4275
NiceGuy123
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekky View Post
For a guy that tall and slow, he's awfully weak. If he had strength, atleast that would compensate for his slow legs. But players like Lukaku can easily shrug him off
Lukaku shrugging him off isn?t as much a problem - a 15 year old Lukaku probably would have physically destroyed him.

Problem is Romagnoli will get physically dominated by even guys like Belotti or Zaza.
NiceGuy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2021, 09:29   #4276
joyrider
Il Moderati

His dip in confidence is worrying. He needs to get his shit together or gtfo.
The ball playing defender role is for him very natural but it is not always needed in every match. He should adapt to the opposition but I think he lacks the talent play at a higher level atm.
As Italian as he is, his peak will come in 4 years, I’m not sure that we should wait that long.
joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2021, 14:48   #4277
Australiano1980
#CommunismKills

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyrider View Post
His dip in confidence is worrying. He needs to get his shit together or gtfo.
The ball playing defender role is for him very natural but it is not always needed in every match. He should adapt to the opposition but I think he lacks the talent play at a higher level atm.
As Italian as he is, his peak will come in 4 years, I?m not sure that we should wait that long.
One of the problems is, he still be treated like a little boy, but the main problem is our defensive issue. Coachs finded that out and are exploring it.

Signature
Old 26-02-2021, 17:50   #4278
mALDINI03
Wonderkid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jivara View Post

good but not great. His development has halted since 3-4 years ago. It is very obvious he is in his comfort zone.

If there is a decent offer for him we should let him go.
mALDINI03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2021, 01:59   #4279
Fabio
Salad Fan Club

Fav. Players: Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers

Mleite is crying in her sleep

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyrider View Post
I’m fan of Serie Borini.
Fabio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2021, 05:41   #4280
Forza AC Milan
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Australiano1980 View Post

Sule is quite fast. Much faster than Romagnoli or Kjaer
Forza AC Milan is offline   Reply With Quote