The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Transfers

AC Milan Transfers Everything related to AC Milan's transfer market goes in here. AC Milan rumours, dream signings and more.

Old 23-02-2021, 01:47   #18261
Hitchens
Trophies incoming

Fav. Players: Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROSSONERI7 View Post
i thought that would have been the best case scenario too. if his weaknesses had not been spotlighted for everyone to see as it happened recently. till now, there was still some glamour to his name.
there are stiil a lot of Chelsea fans saying "Tomori will learn from great defenders like Romagnoli"

have honest talk of "we want to move in a different direction"... offer him a slightly improved contract with a reasonable release clause that would seem a good deal to potential buyers...30-40m.

but all that sound less doable now if he gets benched (which is likely/should happen) + his agent is Raiola.
i think if we bench him, Raoila will be ok for him to sit and run it down, then get big commission money next year.

so second best is to get what you can this summer, and that could be around 20m...and that's hopeful
You're such a great writer of posts. Why this sloppy handling of style?

20m this summer is fantasy land with his continually degrading value. You never know with PL, and maybe if we make top 4 we're suddenly at a very different mode of negotiating this summer. Don't forget Covid, clubs will be hard pressed to spend this summer and why splash on a high earning italian supertanker with little upside. But 20m for Romagnoli? Imagine the Belotti situation, he's a valuable commodity and we'd be moronic to buy him at anything above 10m+ the eventuality of a bonus. Expiring players are a nuisance in this case. One year contract left, left for dead by Lukaku in the derby after how many times by Icardi in the past? Serious clubs will know, whatever PL twitter thinks.

I want Romagnoli gone. But I want him gone at the most advantageous possible way for Milan. For these decisions I'm glad we have the broad back and pristine mind of Paolo.

Signature

Last edited by Hitchens; 23-02-2021 at 01:55.
Hitchens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 02:37   #18262
ROSSONERI7
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchens View Post
You're such a great writer of posts. Why this sloppy handling of style?

20m this summer is fantasy land with his continually degrading value. You never know with PL, and maybe if we make top 4 we're suddenly at a very different mode of negotiating this summer. Don't forget Covid, clubs will be hard pressed to spend this summer and why splash on a high earning italian supertanker with little upside. But 20m for Romagnoli? Imagine the Belotti situation, he's a valuable commodity and we'd be moronic to buy him at anything above 10m+ the eventuality of a bonus. Expiring players are a nuisance in this case. One year contract left, left for dead by Lukaku in the derby after how many times by Icardi in the past? Serious clubs will know, whatever PL twitter thinks.

I want Romagnoli gone. But I want him gone at the most advantageous possible way for Milan. For these decisions I'm glad we have the broad back and pristine mind of Paolo.
as long as you understand. great.

I don't disagree with anything except i threw that amount as a figure representing a sale at less than reported value but something that can be re-invested and we won't feel like total losers in the situation.

and, yes. that's exactly who i was thinking about when i said around 20m, a Newcastle or a West Ham. I think a plurality of suitors can help us get a decent number.

PL twitter fans live in their own world bt some of their clubs seem to be operating on that same frequency..by throwing money at average players.
besides, he was good when we were fighting for 5th-6th...he should be for someone with those goals

anyway, as you said, i also trust Maldini to deal with this headache the best way possible.

atm, i'm more curious to see how we deal with this on the technical side until then.
i'm prety sure he'll start on thrusday with Tomori. The Roma game will be the first real indication of which direction we are going with this.

Signature
If we win 2020-2021, we'll win 2021-2022
ROSSONERI7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 02:49   #18263
Qaas
Mystery Guy

Fav. Players: KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nestafan View Post
I agree that he had a great game in the Coppa Italia against Inter. That's why it is strange that it wasnt Romagnoli and Tomori again. We didnt concede from play. The donkey did nothing apart from the penalty and an altercation with Ibra

Exactly
Qaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 02:50   #18264
Qaas
Mystery Guy

Fav. Players: KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalHero80 View Post
I like Tomori, but everyone acting like him not playing is the reason for recent shitty results while we had that fantastic run when he wasn't even on the team.

What are you even talking about
Old 23-02-2021, 02:53   #18265
Qaas
Mystery Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabio View Post
I blame quaas for fucking jinxing the derby thread

Yall might call me all types of names, but I know my football
Old 23-02-2021, 02:59   #18266
Jivara
Forza Milan

Romagnoli would be slaughtered in England with their pace.

I could imagine him in a Juventus shirt for some nauseating reason .. or maybe in Germany
Jivara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 03:00   #18267
Casualista
Monsieur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaas View Post
Yall might call me all types of names, but I know my football

Every single player u hype ends up flopping hard.

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfcfan1 View Post
sex without connection means nothing to me, waste of time
Casualista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 03:04   #18268
Qaas
Mystery Guy

You dont have to lie like that
Old 23-02-2021, 03:12   #18269
Balo45
AC Milan Legend

I think something I’m not seeing people say as much is just how much we really rely on Hakan. Throughout all the absences this season until recently, the only two key players bar a Gigio that didn’t miss time were Hakan, Kessie and theo. Hakan playing very consistently was a BIG reason we were able to keep scoring at will for so long despite Ibra missing time and rebic being injured/out of form.

He really is our Bruno. Not as good but just as important I think(United is a mediocre side without him). People talk about Bennacer but even despite the obvious drop off with Tonali we have remained competitive and in first place at that, he has basically been out for over half the season by now. Hakan was one of the only constants, as soon as he got covid we started struggling to move the ball, we have been a long ball team since at least the Atalanta game. And even when he came back, he has been poor, like against spezia. And as some have pointed out, yes our defense has been allowing spaces but it’s overlooked when our attack is clicking. We did break a record for consecutive multi goal games if I remember right.

Many players need to find form but I really think Hakan needs to step up. He wants that contract, he’s been criticized before for being too up and down. He’s got to prove himself. Everything goes through him now
Balo45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 06:03   #18270
R.Akbar
Allenatore

This team needs Ritiro

I truly don't care about Ibra, he can be anywhere he wants.

But i think, Ritiro is the answer

Signature
Ing Madya Mbangun Karso
R.Akbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 06:58   #18271
Hitchens
Trophies incoming

Fav. Players: Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balo45 View Post
I think something I?m not seeing people say as much is just how much we really rely on Hakan. Throughout all the absences this season until recently, the only two key players bar a Gigio that didn?t miss time were Hakan, Kessie and theo. Hakan playing very consistently was a BIG reason we were able to keep scoring at will for so long despite Ibra missing time and rebic being injured/out of form.

He really is our Bruno. Not as good but just as important I think(United is a mediocre side without him). People talk about Bennacer but even despite the obvious drop off with Tonali we have remained competitive and in first place at that, he has basically been out for over half the season by now. Hakan was one of the only constants, as soon as he got covid we started struggling to move the ball, we have been a long ball team since at least the Atalanta game. And even when he came back, he has been poor, like against spezia. And as some have pointed out, yes our defense has been allowing spaces but it?s overlooked when our attack is clicking. We did break a record for consecutive multi goal games if I remember right.

Many players need to find form but I really think Hakan needs to step up. He wants that contract, he?s been criticized before for being too up and down. He?s got to prove himself. Everything goes through him now
True!

Signature
Hitchens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 08:25   #18272
Wild
*Rejuvenation*

Fav. Players: Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchens View Post
Brother, how would you solve the Romagnoli problem?
Just bite the bullet ASAP.
With a cunt like Raiola there is nothing to gain going the lets renew him & then sell him for more profit.
New deal equal higher salary equal harder to sell.
That leave us with only two feasible scenarios : sell him or lose him for free.
So obviously getting 10-15mil is better than free.

PS: would do the same with Tona.
10mil loss is better than adding 15mil to that disaster of a gamble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz View Post
What does that last part mean? I'm biased? Ummm, yeah. I was never hiding it. I want all Raiola boys out.
I would have sold them all two years ago. Now they're leaving for free, or very little money.
And the club should never again do any deals with that pig.
Biased is that when you disagree with the majority of people here where their opinion , to them , is objective & yours is just driven.
And stubborn is when the argument dont end with you changing your mind where again their opinion is the true one & yours was wrong all along.

Signature

Last edited by Wild; 23-02-2021 at 08:47.
Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 08:51   #18273
Casualista
Monsieur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild View Post
With a cunt like Raiola there is nothing to gain going the lets renew him & then sell him for more profit.

Biased is that when you disagree with the majority of people here where their opinion , to them , is objective & yours is just driven.
And stubborn is when the argument dont end with you changing your mind where again their opinion is the true one & yours was wrong all along.

I am down with this plan.

Everytime I see an Italian leave milan , I feel a sense of happiness and relief about life.

The net negative number of Italians each of the last few transfer windows makes me way more hopeful about the future of this club than any silly youth project.

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfcfan1 View Post
sex without connection means nothing to me, waste of time
Casualista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 09:20   #18274
taura
Attaccareeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild View Post

Id redeem Tonali no matter what cause honestly we can easily ship him on for 20mil. Same with Donna, renew for 10mil or whatever and we can sell him on for profit afterwards, epl clubs/psg could match his salary demands if he would want to go
taura is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 09:22   #18275
joyrider
Il Moderati

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massaro94 View Post
I'd rather give it to calabria or kessie... Even Ibra if he's renewed next season. Anyone but the kid who's trying to fleece us.
Calabria or Kessie would be my pick.
They bleed most for Milan.
Donna should be third captain.
joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 09:45   #18276
VultureSheva
Legendary Scout

Mandzukic out for 3 weeks.

Maldini building the team

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by VultureSheva View Post
Semi-Retired

Last edited by VultureSheva; 23-02-2021 at 09:48.
VultureSheva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 09:50   #18277
JacksonReality
Senior Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VultureSheva View Post
Mandzukic out for 3 weeks.

Maldini building the team

We struck gold once with Ibra but that doesnt mean we should go for every half retired veteran out there, especially a guy who barely played in the middle east.
JacksonReality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 10:00   #18278
blacki
Rookie

i tought no one will mention maldini winter masterclass market
we bought washed up mandzu
second tier middlefielder from regelation fighting team
only timori showin potentional to be good reinforcement
but im afraid he doesnt have intention to stay in italy

last year every game we had one,two or more players in form,
even castillejo had couple good one, at the moment there are none
and as we all figured already it all started to go downfall with bena and hakan injuries
although objective was get in CL we are still in places so keep positive
blacki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 10:04   #18279
CDarius
National Team Player

Looks like Aguero is leaving City with expiring contract. Thoughts?
CDarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 10:51   #18280
milanator
AC Milan Legend

Roma + Tomori is the future, very strong pair covering each other weaknesses.
milanator is offline   Reply With Quote