Week 11: Milan vs Juventus - Saturday 28/10/2017 18:00 CET

Hitman1

Beginner
Reaction score
The team not only played horrible in the 2nd half, they played like they gave up. No one was even trying... this team is without spirit.

The Coach is the only one to blame. Montella must go now

Danilo JBG

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
The season isn't over. Let's get someone in there. Anyone different. I rather we try then just give up and stick with Montella. We like mad people trying the same thing hoping something changes. Let's get a different coach. You never know, they might do well with us. If they shit, next season we get a proper coach. If it fails it fails.

The main problem is who we would replace Montella with. Likely someone from the same tier as him is the best we could hope for. Unless Ancelotti changes his mind, then it's a no brainer.

It could work, but it's hard to base a big decision such as that on pure hope.

bluenine

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
:thumbsup: true but in today's match in particular I'm not sure the defence could have done much better. Higuain is just good :(

An organised defence allows you to build attacks, that was my point. Maybe Juve would have beaten Milan anyway, but Milan would have had a much better start this season if your coach had organised the defence first. An organised defence is how you win ugly, that is how some draws and losses are converted to wins. Unfortunately for Milan, Montella isn't that kind of a coach.

I know some people here don't rate him, but Mancini could have sorted that defence real quick - you have quality individuals in defence. For all his faults, you give Mancini a 240m transfer budget, he would probably win the Scudetto or come very close to it. Its almost like Mirabelli bought many players suitable for Mancini, when your coach is Montella who has very different style of play.

Last edited:

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Ancelotti would be a massive morale boost for the team. If I was f&m I would drive to his home and not leave unless he signs the contract.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Vincenzo Montella insists Milan played “on level terms with Juventus, but not everyone has a striker like Gonzalo Higuain.”

Pipita bagged a brace at San Siro for this evening’s 2-0 Bianconeri victory, whereas Nikola Kalinic wasted several golden opportunities and hit the bar.

“It was a very balanced match, one we played on even terms with Juventus, but the difference was made by Higuain with two great goals,” the Coach told Mediaset Premium.

“As far as I am concerned, the team put in a good performance, we were just a little tired. We were balanced and had twice as many shots compared to Juve. We could’ve broken the deadlock earlier, but their strikers did better.”

Milan are six points worse off than at this stage last season and have lost to all the big clubs so far.

“We are a restructured squad and in the games against the big clubs, apart from 15 minutes with Lazio, we always played on level terms. This is scant consolation, but we must be more clinical in front of goal.

“On both goals today, the defence was in position, but Higuain scored two phenomenal strikes. We must also recognise the talent of the opposition.

“We went close to the goal several times, but there are few Higuains out there and not everybody has someone like him.

“I maintain it was a good performance from my team. In this type of fixture, you also need to be accustomed to games at this level. We now have to react straight away and focus on winning in Athens on Thursday for the Europa League.”

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
I love Kalinic's workrate, but the difference today was a clincial striker, that's what we are lacking. I couldn't believe how much we dominated possession at times.

milanista_

Milan Icon
Reaction score
4 home games in a row without a goal.... :fp: 1 win in the last 6 Serie A games. :fp:

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Summary:

- Disappointing afternoon.

- We had a great start but only lasted 15 minutes.

- If I have to say who it was our worst player I would probably say it was Biglia. Dybala toyed with him the whole time.

- Montella? Sorry but why bring Andre Silva so late and then just bomb the ball away. Andre Silva needed to be subbed in after the first 10 minutes of the second half.

- Kessie? The only one that fought until the end but also too many misplaced passes. Kessie needs to be more aware of his surroundings.

- Hakan? I just give him until the winter break. If he does not improve then we have a bench player for next season.

- In summary we need a trequartista/magician that can make life easier for our forwards.

P.S.

- WTF was with the referee. Chielini was called a foul for mounting Kalinic in the first five minutes but then it was like Chielini told him that he always does that unpunished and no more calls. Also, how about the Ladri players falling on the floor and he let them be on the pitch for as long as they wanted to.

Last edited:

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Coreo was lit tho innit fam

This is what I was pumped for... and they did us :proud:

DNPJeOVWsAUJpYQ.jpg
I'm done man. :lol:

:love:

Asterix

Primavera
Reaction score
Yeah yeah...everyone was over the cloud when we start signing players, and now everything is just waste of money. A lot of smart asses around here.

The moment is out of control, but its the moment we deserved because of expectations.

This is fixable, but it requires more money!

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
An organised defence allows you to build attacks, that was my point. Maybe Juve would have beaten Milan anyway, but Milan would have had a much better start this season if your coach had organised the defence first. An organised defence is how you win ugly, that is how some draws and losses are converted to wins. Unfortunately for Milan, Montella isn't that kind of a coach.

I know some people here don't rate him, but Mancini could have sorted that defence real quick - you have quality individuals in defence. For all his faults, you give Mancini a 240m transfer budget, he would probably win the Scudetto or come very close to it. Its almost like Mirabelli bought many players suitable for Mancini, when your coach is Montella who has very different style of play.

You know what, post as much as you want in this forum and I mostly agree with.. but fuck you if you mention mancini again

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Well, that sucked.

We need to stick with Montella until Conte is available. No other coach will fix this mess. The problem is mental and he's the only viable coach that has the experience with fixing mental issues.

Can't be bothered to react to the game. We played okay but not as a team, as usual. Getting tired of seeing that.

GAMilan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AC Milan Players
Yeah yeah...everyone was over the cloud when we start signing players, and now everything is just waste of money. A lot of smart asses around here.

The moment is out of control, but its the moment we deserved because of expectations.

This is fixable, but it requires more money!

Some of us were concerned with these buys back when they happened. Unfortunately our concerns are being proven to be founded.

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
Vincenzo Montella insists Milan played “on level terms with Juventus, but not everyone has a striker like Gonzalo Higuain.”

Pipita bagged a brace at San Siro for this evening’s 2-0 Bianconeri victory, whereas Nikola Kalinic wasted several golden opportunities and hit the bar.

“It was a very balanced match, one we played on even terms with Juventus, but the difference was made by Higuain with two great goals,” the Coach told Mediaset Premium.

“As far as I am concerned, the team put in a good performance, we were just a little tired. We were balanced and had twice as many shots compared to Juve. We could’ve broken the deadlock earlier, but their strikers did better.”

Milan are six points worse off than at this stage last season and have lost to all the big clubs so far.

“We are a restructured squad and in the games against the big clubs, apart from 15 minutes with Lazio, we always played on level terms. This is scant consolation, but we must be more clinical in front of goal.

“On both goals today, the defence was in position, but Higuain scored two phenomenal strikes. We must also recognise the talent of the opposition.

“We went close to the goal several times, but there are few Higuains out there and not everybody has someone like him.

“I maintain it was a good performance from my team. In this type of fixture, you also need to be accustomed to games at this level. We now have to react straight away and focus on winning in Athens on Thursday for the Europa League.”

If he thinks that second half performance was any good then he is starting to become delusional. We were decent in the first half and really should have scored, but this is what you get from Kalinic (lots of good work and movement and not clinical enough to take chances). He may just be supporting the team and taking the pressure off of them and putting it back on him, and ripping into them in the dressing room.

I have supported him, but we look so soft defensively and lack the fantasy and dynamism in attack to outscore opponents. Any coach who is willing to play a back to basics 442 and make us solid defensively might well be what is called for at this point, because Montella is not willing to move away from anything other than a 3 man midfield. Rainieri maybe??

Asterix

Primavera
Reaction score
Biglia, Hakan, Kalinic is the line we need to fix. Those 3 players are the key that this team cant deliver.

With those 3 we are the most mediocre AC Milan in the history!

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
Still waiting for necro's this is exactly what Kalibitch was brought for!

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Play Silva in the same formation and give him all the time! Loca should also start ahead of Lucas Pirlo Xavi Scholes Biglia..

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Deep depression rn!

Some day the suffering will end one way or another.. Forza Milan ❤️

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score

This is why nothing will change.

The bar for performances is so low that this is considered a good performance.

The result of years of mediocrity. The above press conference is what a coach of a mid table club would give.

Asterix

Primavera
Reaction score
What worries me the most is not the performance or the team geling, its the individual moments.

Not a spark from Hakan, Kalinic, Biglia, RR, Silva...not a friking spark of individual brilliance.

Only Suso had a impact of talent, others are just sleeping overpaid jerks!

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
"Milan project far-fetched
After five defeats in the opening 11 rounds, those pre-season projections of Milan being title contenders seem laughably over-the-top for Billy Wilkinson.

The first meeting of Milan and Juventus was circled on everyone’s calendars when the Serie A fixture list was released back in July. This was billed as Leonardo Bonucci’s reunion, but perhaps as a wider picture it was billed as Milan’s comeback game.

Despite facing Roma and Inter earlier in the season, this was meant to be the game for the Rossoneri to flex their newfound muscles. After getting most of their business done early and acquiring talent from all across Europe, Milan were tipped to have a say in who wins the Scudetto after acquiring Bonucci from their rivals.

Just three months later and this looks like a laughable projection, as Juventus soundly beat Milan 2-0 in their own stadium. As always with big games, there were a lot of storylines going into this fixture and there’s even more coming out of it. However, I feel the biggest storyline is the reflection of how Milan’s project has fallen flat on its face thus far.

This Juventus side are the benchmark for all sides in the league, how could they not be after winning six Scudetti in a row? What’s worrying for Milanisti is how this performance seems weaker than last year. You could argue that last year’s game at San Siro was a smash and grab job, decided by a Manuel Locatelli scorcher, but this year’s Milan didn’t even seem capable of that.

The decision to allow Vincenzo Montella to lead this €200m side was a brave one, but not without its pragmatic reasons. This side would need time to gel, it made sense to have a manager who knew the club and could create a sense of continuity without a new face having to start from scratch.

As the season wears on, it appears as though Montella is a man who thrives when the expectations are low and the players are of a lower quality. When you give him players of a higher quality, he’s forced to go on the offensive, which isn’t his strong suit. It also sacrifices his ability to set up a defence well.

This result is also a reflection of how eager, or naïve if you want to be harsher, Milanisti were in the summer. The two main Scudetto contenders, Napoli and Juventus, have had their core of players for years. They knew their systems, how good they could be, and there were very few question marks over where they’d end up come May.

For Milan, there were more questions than answers in the summer. On the first Serie A matchday, a 3-0 win at 10-man Crotone, there were six new first XI players. The results early on were good, but the 4-1 loss to Lazio was the first warning side that Milanisti were getting too ahead of themselves.

The mirror has been well and truly held up against Milan’s face against Juventus. This isn’t the first time the reflection has been ugly, either. The 4-1 defeat to Lazio, the 2-0 to Roma, 3-2 to Inter and now 2-0 to Juventus. The reflection keeps getting uglier and uglier.

Expectations should have never been this high. The job to turn Milan from sixth place to Scudetto contenders was far too big. Even going into the season, the idea of turning Milan into a top four side was questionable, with Montella’s outfit fighting Inter and Roma for two places, as Napoli and Juventus were pencilled in for the top two. Even now Lazio have emerged as a top four contender.

Milan’s finances may require some surgery come next summer if they don’t make the Champions League. But relying on getting Champions League with an almost completely new XI and a good (at best) manager was always far-fetched. Perhaps it’s revisionism, but Milan surely can’t be surprised at where they are.

The cores of Napoli and Juventus are like glue at this point. Even Lazio, Inter and Roma largely have their squads intact from two years ago. This transition was never going to be as easy as it was made out to be."

Good opinion piece from football-italia.

Schedule