The Rumour Commode XXVIII: Stai Calma!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Elliot, if you want to make money, kick out Maldoban, and hire Mr. Luis Campos.

Screen-Shot-2020-01-08-at-10-34-22-PM.png

you're welcome

If Elliott don't sell then the least they could do is hire Campos given that they already own a stake in Lille. However, no doubt they'll let him slip away and continue with the incompetent shitshow that is Bodini or hire another clown.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Reina is really close to go. -1 mirabell fodder. plenty more to go, but that's a start
Reina fodder?

He did his work whenever needed and he did it well. Saved us in one or two occasions. Seems to be a good squad player too.

I mean, getting rid of him means needing a replacement. How much wage are we going to save? One, two millions ? Is that to be considered a gamechanger for our books? And how much do we probably need to invest for the card of a replacement on top of that?

I rather keep Reina around. There's not much to gain if we let him go. If not to loose.

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Reina fodder?

He did his work whenever needed and he did it well. Saved us in one or two occasions. Seems to be a good squad player too.

I mean, getting rid of him means needing a replacement. How much wage are we going to save? One, two millions ? Is that to be considered a gamechanger for our books? And how much do we probably need to invest for the card of a replacement on top of that?

I rather keep Reina around. There's not much to gain if we let him go. If not to loose.

8,325,000, bro
The former Liverpool currently receives 3 million net per year, which gross make 5,550,000 million annually: the club in via Aldo Rossi, therefore, would save a total of exactly 8,325,000 million euros.

And whenever he played, he made mistakes. He was horrible in EL last year. Genoa game this season was probably his best game in Milan's jersey

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
8,325,000, bro

The former Liverpool currently receives 3 million net per year, which gross make 5,550,000 million annually: the club in via Aldo Rossi, therefore, would save a total of exactly 8,325,000 million euros.

And whenever he played, he made mistakes. He was horrible in EL last year. Genoa game this season was probably his best game in Milan's jersey
He didn't play much, but I remember one penalty saved for example.

However, yeah, let's imagine we save 8M in total. Then we need to replace him with a new number two (or three if you prefer A. Donnarumma to be number two, who is molto more fodder than Reina). That will cost us again wage and probably a fee for the card.

How much could be realistically saved on the books and gained on the pitch?

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
GdS: The start of AC Milan’s downfall – Carlos Tevez, Barbara Berlusconi and a commercial collapse

AC Milan have spent just shy of half-a-billion euros in the last 30 months, a report claims, without much to show in the way of success.

As La Gazzetta dello Sport reports, the Rossoneri seem to be in constant and permanent revolution, and one which continues to fail. Milan have not found success or stability for years, and the paper states that in the last 30 months (since summer 2017) the club has spent €467m.

That money has been ‘spent and practically burned’ on and by an array of coaches, administrators, sporting directors, insolvent buyers and owners who are not accustomed to the troubles of the football world.

The Diavolo have not participated in the Champions League since the 2013-2014 season, and the last manager to succeed in qualifying was Max Allegri.

The story does not necessarily begin with the arrival of the Elliott fund in July 2018, La Gazzetta continues, nor does it start when Chinese entrepreneur Li Yonghong took over in 2017. It begins perhaps in January 2012, when Silvio Berlusconi blocked Adriano Galliani from sealing a deal for Carlos Tevez who had agreed to join Milan.

It also begins with the insertion of Barbara Berlusconi in the Rossoneri organisation and with that the magnifying glass of Silvio’s children increasingly focused on the club’s losses.

In four years Milan have lost 30% of their commercial revenues, the property asks for sales before making other purchases, but it must also be ready to invest. That is the nature of a football club, the report concludes.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
No legend is more important or greater than Milan, not even Maldini. True.

But the Maldini dynasty, which began 1954 and saw us win 6 out of our 7 CL titles (or its equivalent before) in your world is on the same level as Gattuso and Pippo?

Dude... :-)

Even if you reduce Maldini to Paolo only. That'd still be 5 out of our 7 CL titles. And so many titles more than Pippo and Gattuso won for Milan combined!
I was being sarcastic about Pippo and Gattuso being equal.
That wasn't my point at all.
My point was the latter part i.e. if the club should n be held to ransom by any one person no matter who that person is.

Il grande Milan

Honey, I'm home
Reaction score
If Elliott don't sell then the least they could do is hire Campos given that they already own a stake in Lille. However, no doubt they'll let him slip away and continue with the incompetent shitshow that is Bodini or hire another clown.

A good scout is not the only condition for these talents to sprout. We need a coach too à la Klopp who gets the best out of them. I can't see Piolo or many other clowns that we have in mind doing that

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
GdS: The start of AC Milan’s downfall – Carlos Tevez, Barbara Berlusconi and a commercial collapse
I wanted to puke and cry at the same time reading that excerpt.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I was being sarcastic about Pippo and Gattuso being equal.

That wasn't my point at all.

My point was the latter part i.e. if the club should n be held to ransom by any one person no matter who that person is.
Ah, didn't get the sarcasm

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Bologna have agreed a €19m fee with Atalanta for young striker Musa Barrow.

Atalanta balancing excellent performance on the field with their financials off it. Barrow and Kulusevski signed for 400k combined and now return them 54m after sales.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
New rumours about advanced stages of the Elliott-Daddy Arnault negotiations.

Girardi talking about Gazidis trying to offload as many players as possible because of the sale. I am not a financial analyst but how is selling assets going to increase the value? Selling Reina is fine (big wage off the books) but how is selling Caldara (for example for 20 m) going to help Elliott weeks/months before the sale?

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

Girardi talking about Gazidis trying to offload as many players as possible because of the sale. I am not a financial analyst but how is selling assets going to increase the value? Selling Reina is fine (big wage off the books) but how is selling Caldara (for example for 20 m) going to help Elliott weeks/months before the sale?
It doesn't make sense because it's a bullshit rumour.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Atalanta balancing excellent performance on the field with their financials off it. Barrow and Kulusevski signed for 400k combined and now return them 54m after sales.

Barrow - 41 games in Serie A - 4 goals - 19 m
Piatek - 55 games - 26 goals - 30 m

Yeah, we should definitely accept every low offer we receive for our players. Next is Romagnoli for 30 m

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Even with all the nonsense floating around in the commode, nothing surprises me more than your naive posts.

Honestly Necro, I wonder where you get this arrogance from. You consistently offer maxims about how the footballing world works, and yet, your opinions are consistently lambasted and mocked.

I mean, we all make mistakes, like I thought Montella would actually do a good job. I also (inexplicably) think Hakan can become a good player. I'm sure there are a host of opinions that I have that many would find silly, outlandish, or just plain wrong. We all do, so your attitude and tone is jarring because I wonder what gives you this sense of importance. I mean this sincerely.

I take no joy in pointing this out, but I wonder what has given you this sense of grandiosity. Genuinely. Is it because you are a mod? Do you hold yourself "above the fray" because everyone here (including myself) has opinions that we find laughable, and therefore we string together a patchwork of those opinions we find silly and contrast them to our own to affirm our own sense of logic and knowledge?

I am confused because there is a difference between disagreeing with someone, which I do with many on here (and many disagree with me [which is natural and fine]), and offering pithy statements in response to things I am saying to another person. If Hugh (who I was arguing with) wanted to reply to me this way, I'd understand. Maybe you could explain to me why I am wrong, perhaps engage with me--I love to learn--but you don't. I find this particularly odd because, again, not only do you not offer an argument in return, but I genuinely wonder what do you expect of me in response to your patronizing statement?

I believe the last time you attacked my sense of reality, I responded in (my typical) lengthy way and questioned why a mod would act this way. I asked that you please leave me alone, as I expected more from a mod. I have replied to some of your posts since then (I double-checked), making sure that they would be in a respectful manner--and I actually agreed with you--as I thought that previous dust-up should be forgotten about and that we can move on. It seems you are unable to either address this situation properly as an adult, nor have you done so privately, and have seemed to continually violate the norms that I would imagine a mod would adhere to. I am disappointed and confused.

I highlight this, again, because you are a mod. I can understand you offering terse statements to posters you believe are trolls, or to someone who you feel you need to corral, but I am confused because I have not displayed the sort of behavior that (I believe) warrants your responses, especially as I requested that you cease that sort of behavior with me.

If you are going to reply to me, be an adult. I don't need your paternalistic responses, nor do I value your opinion enough to heed your dime-store attempts at laconic wit, because you are bad at it. The only reason I am addressing you at this length is because you are a mod, and I'd imagine that you should be expected to act like one. I'd rather discuss things about Milan with you, I'd love to be enlightened about your perspectives (maybe there are things I've missed, I'm not omniscient), and I have attempted to smooth things over by engaging with you after our last dust-up.

However, if this is to become an annual occurrence, I'd rather you display some tact and just leave me alone. I've tried to be diplomatic from our last tiff, engage with you, and hopefully get some new perspectives. That has not happened. You are a mod of this forum and should act like one, and if this was a misunderstanding I'd imagine you'd want to address this privately--but you haven't and at this point I'd rather deal with this out in the open, because your attitude is unnecessary and (now) repetitive.

The whole point of a mod is for you to moderate, make sure things run smoothly, and the fact that this is the second time I've felt the need to respond to your attitude, perhaps you should reflect upon yourself a little bit. It shouldn't be my job to ask you to modulate your approach with me.

My response, I'd like to repeat and underline, is rooted in your status as a mod. If it was another poster, I'd probably ignore it, shrug my shoulders and move on--or I'd write some annoyingly long response (like this one), but I ask you: at what point do you reflect upon yourself and ponder what creates this need to correct me like I'm a child, what gives you the entitlement to do this, and what can you do to ameliorate that?

Perhaps those questions are too prying. Perhaps you think I'm just being a dick. Or perhaps you should just leave me alone if you're going to continue to offer me more of this. I'll probably want to respond to something you'll say in the future, and I will do so with respect and with sincerity, like I did last time; because you deserve respect, as does anyone. I'd prefer that sort of interaction. However, if you are incapable of that, I'd ask that you leave me alone. I'd put you on ignore, but because you a mod, I am unable to do so, hence the need to have this sort of discussion here.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
A good scout is not the only condition for these talents to sprout. We need a coach too à la Klopp who gets the best out of them. I can't see Piolo or many other clowns that we have in mind doing that

Definitely...the likes of Spalletti, Gasperini or Bibbo's brother could work wonders alongside a quality SD like Campos.

I'm just praying that we don't qualify for Europe so that Pioli doesn't get an automatic renewal...

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
As Diego Demme prepares to complete his move to Napoli, Massimiliano Mirabelli claims Gennaro Gattuso wanted the RB Leipzig midfielder at Milan.

dammit Gazidis

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Barrow - 41 games in Serie A - 4 goals - 19 m
Piatek - 55 games - 26 goals - 30 m

Yeah, we should definitely accept every low offer we receive for our players. Next is Romagnoli for 30 m

Precisely.

Transfer fees are vastly inflated for Atalanta players, solely becuase of their recent success and their entertaining brand of football.

I'd say having the 'Playing for Atalanta' tag on your name is nowadays equivalent to the Premier League name tag. Hype comes in abundance for both.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score

To generate funds via capital gains (most of Mirabelli's fodders are in the final year of contract) and wage savings to help cover the annual losses the club makes (c.-100m).

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score

:star::star:

Damn I'm jealous...they also qualified for the next stage of the CL and are within a point of 4th so are in line to bank even more money :fp:

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Price is fixed, milan is probably sold. So now take the money u can.

Gazidis was never supposed to be here, banck m9ney grabbing scum

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
99% talking without content. It's a wall of text saying: We wanted it to work, we had some ideas how it could work, but we were surprised it didn't, and we're very sorry about it."

"We came to Italy as foreign capital like baby idiots but country which invented name mafia f us so hard we didnt know what to do in next 24 hours. Everyone was payed off, they had ppl in Ny papers even, refs, judges, our iwn guys were payed off, Elliot made monkeys of us. We got fucked." In short

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
U have seen what refs did to milan last year just to stop it from playing cl. This is agnelli country, u cant come to italy and do what u want, dont be funny ffs.

Arnaut is maybe different coz its simply too much money in there

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Honestly Necro, I wonder where you get this arrogance from. You consistently offer maxims about how the footballing world works, and yet, your opinions are consistently lambasted and mocked.

I mean, we all make mistakes, like I thought Montella would actually do a good job. I also (inexplicably) think Hakan can become a good player. I'm sure there are a host of opinions that I have that many would find silly, outlandish, or just plain wrong. We all do, so your attitude and tone is jarring because I wonder what gives you this sense of importance. I mean this sincerely.

I take no joy in pointing this out, but I wonder what has given you this sense of grandiosity. Genuinely. Is it because you are a mod? Do you hold yourself "above the fray" because everyone here (including myself) has opinions that we find laughable, and therefore we string together a patchwork of those opinions we find silly and contrast them to our own to affirm our own sense of logic and knowledge?

I am confused because there is a difference between disagreeing with someone, which I do with many on here (and many disagree with me [which is natural and fine]), and offering pithy statements in response to things I am saying to another person. If Hugh (who I was arguing with) wanted to reply to me this way, I'd understand. Maybe you could explain to me why I am wrong, perhaps engage with me--I love to learn--but you don't. I find this particularly odd because, again, not only do you not offer an argument in return, but I genuinely wonder what do you expect of me in response to your patronizing statement?

I believe the last time you attacked my sense of reality, I responded in (my typical) lengthy way and questioned why a mod would act this way. I asked that you please leave me alone, as I expected more from a mod. I have replied to some of your posts since then (I double-checked), making sure that they would be in a respectful manner--and I actually agreed with you--as I thought that previous dust-up should be forgotten about and that we can move on. It seems you are unable to either address this situation properly as an adult, nor have you done so privately, and have seemed to continually violate the norms that I would imagine a mod would adhere to. I am disappointed and confused.

I highlight this, again, because you are a mod. I can understand you offering terse statements to posters you believe are trolls, or to someone who you feel you need to corral, but I am confused because I have not displayed the sort of behavior that (I believe) warrants your responses, especially as I requested that you cease that sort of behavior with me.

If you are going to reply to me, be an adult. I don't need your paternalistic responses, nor do I value your opinion enough to heed your dime-store attempts at laconic wit, because you are bad at it. The only reason I am addressing you at this length is because you are a mod, and I'd imagine that you should be expected to act like one. I'd rather discuss things about Milan with you, I'd love to be enlightened about your perspectives (maybe there are things I've missed, I'm not omniscient), and I have attempted to smooth things over by engaging with you after our last dust-up.

However, if this is to become an annual occurrence, I'd rather you display some tact and just leave me alone. I've tried to be diplomatic from our last tiff, engage with you, and hopefully get some new perspectives. That has not happened. You are a mod of this forum and should act like one, and if this was a misunderstanding I'd imagine you'd want to address this privately--but you haven't and at this point I'd rather deal with this out in the open, because your attitude is unnecessary and (now) repetitive.

The whole point of a mod is for you to moderate, make sure things run smoothly, and the fact that this is the second time I've felt the need to respond to your attitude, perhaps you should reflect upon yourself a little bit. It shouldn't be my job to ask you to modulate your approach with me.

My response, I'd like to repeat and underline, is rooted in your status as a mod. If it was another poster, I'd probably ignore it, shrug my shoulders and move on--or I'd write some annoyingly long response (like this one), but I ask you: at what point do you reflect upon yourself and ponder what creates this need to correct me like I'm a child, what gives you the entitlement to do this, and what can you do to ameliorate that?

Perhaps those questions are too prying. Perhaps you think I'm just being a dick. Or perhaps you should just leave me alone if you're going to continue to offer me more of this. I'll probably want to respond to something you'll say in the future, and I will do so with respect and with sincerity, like I did last time; because you deserve respect, as does anyone. I'd prefer that sort of interaction. However, if you are incapable of that, I'd ask that you leave me alone. I'd put you on ignore, but because you a mod, I am unable to do so, hence the need to have this sort of discussion here.

I can't remember your posts but it is Necro.

One day Berto is the king of upcoming midfielders, then the wind will slightly change and he was ahead of everyone in predicting the new breed of midfielders - Berto not included.

Excellent ability to somehow be completely wrong and yet ahead of the next hype train (and wrong about that too) at the same time.

Dena

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Pepe #Reina’s agent (JM Quilon) is in Birmingham. Total agreement with #AstonVilla for a contract until June with automatic renewal in the event of a stay in the Premier League. #Milan have given its ok to Reina’s departure for free. Done deal soon#transfers #AVFC
@NicoSchira

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Milan have met Politano's agent today and the player has already given his consent on the move [Di Marzio]

Borini has decided to join Hellas Verona

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Milan have met Politano's agent today and the player has already given his consent on the move [Di Marzio]

:lol::lol::lol:

Politano is that sort of signing that will bring the house down

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
Ffs, not Merda garbage. :fp:

He's like Samu 2.0, another mediocrity is the last thing we need now, especially if it's coming from Merda.

Man, just sell several players and don't buy anyone, if you don't have better choice. Season is over anyway.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Borini has decided to join Hellas Verona
Politano?

Where's that coming from?

Is he going to replace Suso on the RW?

Why would we want to replace one out of form player with another?

Does that mean no 2-striker-formation with Zlatan?

Man I have so many questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule