Official Combat Sports (MMA, Boxing, Kickboxing) Thread

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Lmao if bisping retires with the belt.

He was on fire at the presser, Luke was about to cry and kill him at the same time.

Anyone following the story with Ariel Helwani?

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Lmao if bisping retires with the belt.

He was on fire at the presser, Luke was about to cry and kill him at the same time.

Anyone following the story with Ariel Helwani?

UFC unbanned him :lol:

Typical Dana White throwing a fit.

And Aldo clears up injury rumors

CkX0k-0UUAAukkM.jpg

No injury BS here

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Curupira, what do you think about Dana White?

I've always been a fan, the work they've done with UFC and MMA is spectacular.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Curupira, what do you think about Dana White?

I've always been a fan, the work they've done with UFC and MMA is spectacular.

I agree.

He has done a good job but he also has his flaws. For one, he gets real emotional and makes decisions based on that, a lot of those decisions are either bad or recalled once he cools down. It makes the organization look like a bit of a circus when UFC is indeed synonymous with MMA right now. Another thing is that he can be quite petty (and throws fit like a child) hence his shaky relations with some fighters such as Randy, Tito (with those 2 guys, the pettiness is a 2 way street), AKA guys, and so on.

From neutral observer's perspective, I think he deserves to be written down in MMA history as he helped catapulted the sport into what it is today. But from a fighter's or employees perspective (not mine, just people I know), he is a bit of a dick and does play favoritism.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I agree.

He has done a good job but he also has his flaws. For one, he gets real emotional and makes decisions based on that, a lot of those decisions are either bad or recalled once he cools down. It makes the organization look like a bit of a circus when UFC is indeed synonymous with MMA right now. Another thing is that he can be quite petty (and throws fit like a child) hence his shaky relations with some fighters such as Randy, Tito (with those 2 guys, the pettiness is a 2 way street), AKA guys, and so on.

From neutral observer's perspective, I think he deserves to be written down in MMA history as he helped catapulted the sport into what it is today. But from a fighter's or employees perspective (not mine, just people I know), he is a bit of a dick and does play favoritism.

:thumbsup:

I think some (or many) of the conflicts start with the Fertitta brothers. Dana just have to do the dirty work.

I've never gotten the criticism regarding favoritism. If you perform inside and outside the octagon, you will be liked by the company. It's easy.

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
Anybody expecting Lesnar to win?

I'm excited to see him

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
:thumbsup:

I think some (or many) of the conflicts start with the Fertitta brothers. Dana just have to do the dirty work.

I've never gotten the criticism regarding favoritism. If you perform inside and outside the octagon, you will be liked by the company. It's easy.

I don't know it's mostly just small stuff but Edgar getting the shaft repeatedly to protect cash cow Connor. Inconsistency with title shot and rematches. Also back in the days, Jon Fitch was winning lots of fights but they had crazy drama over image rights on that UFC Undisputed video game. Stuff so small that's what I mean about being petty.

With that said, I agree with you bc if the athlete performs and makes UFC cash, they get better treatment.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Wasnt jon fitch banned? For abusing trt levels lol.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I used to hate on Bisping so much, I have to say, he worked hard and deserved this

"you are in the Octagon btw, you will come to" :lol:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
lmao Lesnar - Hunt co-main event?

fd731ed6b4237e6dce60f5f4e30f0d6c.png

Poor guys Aldo and Edgar

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Apparently henderson v bisping is confirmed?

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Apparently henderson v bisping is confirmed?

Not really, what Bisping said was:

Luke doesn't deserve the title shot because he beat him super easy, and needs to go and beat at least a top guy to earn it. ( fair point )

Chris doesn't deserve it because he is coming of a loss, and Luke isn't the champion anymore. (their fight was competitive until that stupid kick). Maybe this two should fight each other for the title shot.

Jacare is the most deserving one according to Bisping, and he wouldn't say no to a fight.

He would love Hendo though, so he can get his revenge.

Yoel is a cheat and doesn't deserve shit.

Paraphrasing, but there's an interview he did in the last few days where he says all of this.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Next weekend gonna be crazyyyyyy!! 3 UFC events + EC-final.

UFC 200 is sick! One of the fights I'm looking forward to the most is Dos Anjos vs Alvarez though. Hope RDA smashes him.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
You like dos anjos? Fair enough. I always thought dos anjos could fight at welterweight. He would be top 4 there i feel.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
RDA is a quality fighter, don't know why you're surprised.

The fight I'm waiting for is him vs Nurmagomedov.

Damn, Conor better work on his wrestling if he wants to stay in LW. RDA, Alvarez and Nurmagomedov will take him down and keep him there. And then there's Frankie in FW.

I wonder how Conor's gonna solve these puzzles.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Jon Jones flagged for USADA violation, fight removed from the 200 card :fp: :fp:

Brock vs Hunt main event :lol::fp:

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
mousasi offered to fight DC for the title, I hope they do it because DC deserves this huge pay day.

brock is saving this card, without him it would barely draw 400k :lol: :fp:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
mousasi offered to fight DC for the title, I hope they do it because DC deserves this huge pay day.

brock is saving this card, without him it would barely draw 400k :lol: :fp:

i really hope he does get a decent fight, feel bad for the guy.

what do you mean saving, ufc 200 just turned upside down. can't call it a bad card, but it doesn't have a main event.

freakshow wrestler vs 42 year old gatekeeper

fun stuff for fight fans :lol:

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
Damn..was really looking forward to that. This sucks :(

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
i don't think they'll ever fight if JJ gets suspended (read 2 years)

DC ain't getting younger

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm interested in promoting and the business side of things.

there is no money to count with beelan since they are always running losses :lol: :proud:

Last edited:

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Balotelli, Leão, Theo, Zlatan, Tonali
Damn Jones vs DC was the fight I was looking forward too on 200 by far. And I was hoping Jon had all his shit together so he can beat DC, hopefully this test was a fluke or something. Either way I really don't care who wins on this card now besides the Aldo vs Edgar fight.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Jones had a presser today... Same old excuses :lol:

So tired of him. And to think that this guy is engaged and have children. He's a child himself.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Jones had a presser today... Same old excuses :lol:

So tired of him. And to think that this guy is engaged and have children. He's a child himself.

I think he needs help, and he isn't taking these things seriously because he is famous and knows he can get away with it.

Meanwhile, I don't really think anyone can beat Cormier on short notice. Unless they somehow surprise with a Conor Nate, this card is now trash. HIGHLY unlikely, though John Kavanagh has already started talking shit, maybe leading up to some possible negotiation. I think they are both still training.

Last edited:

Schedule