Giacomo Beretta Thread

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Didnt look bad today and hopefully he can get a few more minutes this season.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
I dont know how some ppl think he is slow... he isnt like Abate fast or anything, but I think he has more than enough pace.

Very few players his age can get themselves in positions to score like he did, and he showed great power getting away from defenders and while he didnt score, he got close than Cassano and Robinho did in the rest of the game.

And on his second chance, he was looking to take advantage of the 2 on 1 he had with Binho, but Robinho wasnt keeping up to get himself in that position for some reason...

Still, I loved what I saw, to me he showed huge potential

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
One lesson for you son...

In training, Never, NEVER learn from Robinho in finishing... Look to the other direction at Pato ;)

Yeah but look at Robinho when he is passing and what he is doing with the ball and technique wise.

His pass 2 on 1 was just awful and didn´t know what to do with the ball when he had a opportunity.

But he was nervous so all is good and a good debut.

Dann

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Pato, Nesta, T.Silva, Sheva, Pirlo, Totti, Rino
he looked promising but he wont be with us long i think hes already co-owned by genoa he will probably end up there or somewhere else next season, would love to see him in our squad next season.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
kid :fp: on finishing but good try

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago
230650_213361065349619_138843956134664_850337_6902706_n.jpg
221990_10150186318546937_147054831936_7153994_7473886_n.jpg
230958_10150186319321937_147054831936_7154014_5435508_n.jpg
231134_10150186318636937_147054831936_7153996_1646354_n.jpg
229548_213412432011149_138843956134664_851072_4946528_n.jpg

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago
Haha yes! My bad! :D

GIACOMO BERETTA:
“It was very exciting to make my Serie A debut in front of 80,000 spectators. We all are happy with the result. I wanted to score at all costs but it didn’t go my way. Anyway, I'll do better next time. I would like to thank coach Stroppa, who has taught me so much, and dedicate my debut to my family and all those who love me”.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Liked what I saw, just like on that pre-season friendly he played. Can't expect to see technical excelence from a kid coming in a high-preassure and nervous game and playing only 8 min, but enthusiasm, participation and personality, and clearly he got it.

milanpalermo23

Fanta-allenatore
Reaction score
Looks like he has very high potential!!! I just hope he gets his fair share of opportunities..... He will probably end up being loaned out for playing time next season or the next....

Cristina

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Pato, Balotelli
Beretta's interview with Milan Channel after the game, very nervous/emotional judging by his voice. :D

(What a cutey. :))

Dwa Milan

Milan Per Sempre
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dejan Savicevic, Pirlo, Kaka,zambrotta,rui costa,sandro nesta,gourcuff, Marco Simone
Beretta's interview with Milan Channel after the game, very nervous/emotional judging by his voice. :D

(What a cutey. :))

hahaha he is very2 nervous, and this was after the match.:D
I bet he's much more nervous when stepping at a full packed San Siro,

Last edited:

Susan

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Sandro Nesta, Thiago Silva, Pippo, Ibra, Kaka
It's expected that a young kid like him will be nervous when getting on the pitch at a packed San Siro in a game that is crucial for the Scudetto.
I really liked what I saw from Beretta yesterday, the way he got his chances was impressive, he's very strong and has skill. His finishing was off though but that was maybe due to the nervousness, it's understandable.
Good debut and I would like to see more of him :thumbsup:
Imo he could also be a sub for Ibra and be promoted to our first team. He's strong and could do a good job in Serie A, I hope we don't give him away to Genoa, he can be useful for our first team. Why spend money on any striker when we already have a promising kid in our Primavera.

BrasilianMilan

Eternal Rossonero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Seedorf, Romagnoli, Paqueta, Piatek
Nice appearance for Beretta, wish he would've scored, but what can you do? Eventually he will score for us, just like Merkel did in Coppa and Strasser against Cagliari.

Keep him :star::star:

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
Forza Milan!

Last edited:

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
I was surprised by his strength he created more in 5 minutes than Cassano and Robinho did throughout the entire match. The kid was nervous. Playing in front of 80,000 tends to affect your decision making. Allegri should've put him on 15-20 minutes earlier.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
'Strong and fearless like Christian Vieri' - AC Milan's new teenage starlet Giacomo Beretta looks set for a promising future

As AC Milan edged nervously towards a 1-0 victory over Bologna on Sunday to move to within a point of their first Serie A title in seven years, Massimiliano Allegri put faith in youngster Giacomo Beretta's ability to help them over the finish line.

In his cameo appearance the 19-year-old won a number of admirers, and his name was even trending on twitter for a short time after the match had ended.

So we decided to ask Goal..com Italy's Milan expert, Simone Gambino, what he thinks of the young starlet and what Beretta could offer the Rossoneri in the seasons to come.

When did you first see Giacomo Beretta in action?

I saw him for the first time in 2009 Fifa U-17 World Cup held in Nigeria. He played against Algeria in the group stage and against the USA and Switzerland in the elimination stage. He scored against the USA with a strike comparable to one you'd see from Filippo Inzaghi.

9b8fefb4845060274b3067eb615daa48.png

What would you say are his best characteristics?

He has strength, a great physique, and he is a prolific striker. Aside from his strength he has very good positional sense in the box. He also has good heading skills. He has had some serious injuries in the past, so his only limit could be his health.

He appears to be quick and fearless and possesses great ball control... some are already comparing him to Christian Vieri. Is that fair?

Yes, it is. He's not really very quick but he has good pace. He is like Vieri in his fearlessness and his physical skills; in fact, one of his nicknames is 'Bobone', even if his most widespread nickname is 'Jack Calibro 9' ('Jack 9-Gauge'), because he is lethal in the box.

Are there more players of Beretta's promise in Milan's youth teams?

Alexander Merkel is the greatest promise of Milan's youth teams, and he has played for the senior squad many times this year and will be an important part of Milan's future. In the Primavera squad the main talents are Simone Verdi (a 'wizard', a fast and technical offensive midfielder), Adria Carmona (formerly of Barcelona, he's a speedy winger), Simone Ganz (Former Milan player Maurizio Ganz's son, he's a striker who acts as Beretta's substitute) and Marco Fossati, an Andrea Pirlo style midfielder, a great passer with interesting ball possession skills.

Milan are in the play-offs ahead of the final phase of the Primavera championships. Will Beretta feature? And do Milan have a chance of winning a Scudetto/Primavera double?

Yes, Milan could win the double but in the Primavera championship there are other strong teams like Genoa, Roma, Atalanta and Juventus. Beretta will be one of the main stars in the final phase if they beat Torino in the play-off. Milan obviously hope his goals will help them to move forward in the competition.

samir10

Moaaarr Attackers :proud:
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Shevchenko, Boban, Baresi, MVB, Inzaghi, Riquelme

Kvothe

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
we should definitely keep him and give him more chances next season..with players like pato,zlatan,robi,cassano in the team he will get limited opportunities..but even if he can get 10-12 apps next season it will be good for him

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
he is very strong for a player his age,a lot of players (look at Merkel) tend to be weaker and not physically developed, but Beretta is a man. I'm looking forward to seeing him grow wand get more chances, I think he has a big future

Serno91

Cassanata
Reaction score
Fav. Players
From AC Milan
I'm looking forward to see him again. Beretta came in the last few minutes and nearly changed the game. It was his first time on the field, so of course everyone makes mistakes (especially in a full San Siro, is nervous and haven't played much)
But he did very well. Beretta might have inexperience from now, but he will learn quick, that's for sure ;)
Will be happy to see him in the Roma-Milan match, if it's possible.

enyce

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Hulk T.silva Paolo Maldini Kaká Gattuso Pato Nesta
he looks a bit like van persie
23ixht4.jpg

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
i hope he plays in the next match instead of cassano,