Vincenzo Montella Thread

acmilano84

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
No reason to keep Montella. He cannot put up a stable formation and choice of players until now. Complete waste of time. F and M they have given the best possible player to him and Montella job is to blend them together asap. However he is so indecisive no matter on choosing his formation or on field decision. No choice but sack.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
if milan dont beat roma and at least draw with inter, no chance for 4th.

this guy will be sacked by christmas

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
Bitchenzo Fucktella

CanUNoTouch

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
There are far too many to name past & present
if milan dont beat roma and at least draw with inter, no chance for 4th.

this guy will be sacked by christmas

Just in time to play Santa for Christmas and beyond.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
I don't care if it's Silva or Cutrone but you need to play two proper strikers if you're going to play this formation dude. I liked Fassone's comments today though. Made it clear Montella and the team can't fuck around anymore.

justhope

Milan Icon
Reaction score
this game was disastrous and actually in Serie A we didnt actually had a good game yet.
Europa league competition was shit until this point and that;s why we dominated.

One thing though, when RnB complains, guys have no clue what their talking about.
The borini-abate change actually made sense at that point. noobs picking on borini sub just cause they like to bitch a lot

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
I don't care if it's Silva or Cutrone but you need to play two proper strikers if you're going to play this formation dude. I liked Fassone's comments today though. Made it clear Montella and the team can't fuck around anymore.

:thumbsup:

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
this game was disastrous and actually in Serie A we didnt actually had a good game yet.
Europa league competition was shit until this point and that;s why we dominated.

One thing though, when RnB complains, guys have no clue what their talking about.
The borini-abate change actually made sense at that point. noobs picking on borini sub just cause they like to bitch a lot

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

voom

Banned
Reaction score
1 shots on goal against Doria.Montella out.Milan has no game,and no standard lineup.Every game new starting lineups.This was his golden chance to show that he is capable coach worth of club like Milan,but unfortunatly he is mediocre coach.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don't care if it's Silva or Cutrone but you need to play two proper strikers if you're going to play this formation dude.

Ideally one of them has fantasista qualities, like Dybala and previously Tevez for Juve. Our CFs don't.
Suso lacks "grinta", "stamina", "work rate", "humility" or whatever you want to call it, for this system.

-----

We lack WBs for 3-5-2 with Conti and Calabria out.
We lack mezz'ali and wide players for any variation of 4-3-something, including 4-3-1-2.

This is no excuse for Montella however, because he clearly had a lot of say on arrivals/departures.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
3-4-3 lets goooo

We lack RWB for that as well, but a return to the 4-3-3/3-4-3 of last season might be the closest thing to a proper solution.

Hakan - Kal/Silv/Cut - Suso
Bona - Biglia - Kessie
RR - Rom?/Bon? - Bon?/Mus? - Abate

Bona - Biglia - Kessie - Abate
RR - Bon - Mus?​

Not sure if Bona and Hakan can coexist on the same flank though.
Not even sure if half of these players are good enough for an ambitious team.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Blame F&M instead :fp::fp:
Are you actually this much desperate? :lol::lol:

4-3-3 - wheres the LW?
3-5-2 - Wheres the LCM/LWB/SS (RR is not a LW)
3-4-3 - wheres the LW?

What exactly is Hakan's role? Clearly isnt a CM and neither a LW
Why did we have to sell Niang (despite how average he is) if we dont have any other fuckin player who can play on that side?
Why sell Kucka when you cannot bother to buy any decent backup for Kessie? (who is being run into the ground)

Suso and Bona were our best players last season. But no, instead of buying players that could best utilize their qualities lets buy a gazillion players which requires a formation change and start from scratch.

What was the bigger priority? To get a top CF and LW or a glorified defensive leader who apparently cannot even defend?

The squad from last season just needed improvements in CF, LW, RCM, LCM, FBs. And depth players

We started well by buying RR, Kessie and Conti who were what we needed. After that everything went haywire and was just opportunistic signings reminiscent of Galliani albeit of better quality.

Really hope Silva comes through but the last thing this team needed was spending 38m on 'prospects'. Do that shit once you have qualified for the CL.

I am not absolving Montella of the blame. He has plenty to do with how shit we are playing but lets not pretend the squad was built with any cohesive plan either.

Mark18

Primavera
Reaction score
this is why conte bigger than Montella, he cant be above players (suso and Jack), if he could..he would benched both forever..sell him in january because doesnt fit his vision.

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score
No no
U just have to stop sucking his fucking piece of shit formation 4-3-3. I didnt blame 4-3-3 in general, i blamed montellas 4-3-3.
Do not pretend like we did something special last season with this formation. It was absolutely average, disappointed even. We had some good results vs big team but it was mostly individual plays and we were inconsistent af.
We are having a pretty good squad right now and montella has to deliver. He needs to find what's best for our team. Why are you so sure if we bought auba, belotti etc and wingers we play better than we do right now? In your dream? Or it's just because they are your favorite players?

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
1 shots on goal against Doria.Montella out.Milan has no game,and no standard lineup.Every game new starting lineups.This was his golden chance to show that he is capable coach worth of club like Milan,but unfortunatly he is mediocre coach.

You do know we play every 3 days?

3-4-3 lets goooo

We played it in the second half today but like everything it will ned time.

Blame F&M instead :fp::fp:
Are you actually this much desperate? :lol::lol:

They are clearly responsible? Of course bad luck played a huge part too but what you do is just scapegoating Montella.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
F&M just went and got what players the coach has requested. So how are they to blame? It's Montella all the way. He is also responsible for selling Kucka, who he never liked, without getting someone better for the bench.

It's all on him. No more excuses this year, he got 200m worth of gifts.

Andromeda

^AC.Milan Girl^
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini
LOL .. it is to early to sack this man. But I to be honest I also a bit shocked when our board picked him as a coach. He isn't Milanista for first, and 2nd I never considered him as top class player when he used to play. Mediocre maybe but never top class player. I wonder why on earth that we didn't try another our ex players to become a coach.. we cant forget about Brocchi (say whattttt ...Brochhi .. everytime I hear he was coached I always feel goosebumps thinking about how that our board gambled so much :D ), Pippo and Seedorf's failure I always think that wasn't pure their fault .. it was the end of the era .. (all good players passed their peak performances and we didn't ready for the 2nd layer).

Goshhh .. I do really miss the scudetto.. :( Last time I think in Allegri's era
Let alone CL title .. I think Carletto the last one who brought that trophy to us.. *sigh* and that scumbag refused to took over this team again because he was completely understand that we didn't have any good players before this season coming.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
F&M just went and got what players the coach has requested. So how are they to blame? It's Montella all the way. He is also responsible for selling Kucka, who he never liked, without getting someone better for the bench.

Pretty sure he asked for a LW and a LCM which he didnt get

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
I never considered him as top class player when he used to play. Mediocre maybe but never top class player. .

Didn't he say he was better than Pippo?

Pretty sure he asked for a LW and a LCM which he didnt get

How are you sure about that? What's with the Hakan buy then?

Whatever the formation, this squad is not that bad to struggle so much with low to mid level teams.

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
Variations of 442 should also be considered. Borini/Suso at right mid and Hakan/jack at left mid. This way the lack of athleticism for two way work in our deeper midfielders (biglia, loca, monto) won't be as exposed and we could rest Kessie. Monto and Biglia could then play together to rest Kessie if needed. Still think the 352 should be the primary formation, but with the amount of injuries we have in the fullback areas we should also consider alternate shapes.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score

-F&M have the final say in transfers so its ultimately their responsibility.
-Montella had a say in transfers but that they only followed his requests was never said, in contrary Borini for example was Mirabellis wish.
-Montella can´t get anybody, he can state his opinion about players but getting the player is the job of F&M

The squad clearly has holes but we can´t buy 20 players in one window, all parties did a good job so far, now we have to keep calm.

That he got so many new players is a damn good excuse.

Edit: We won against every small team so far, we only struggle against teams good enough to expose our natural lack of automatisms and make use of it.

justhope

Milan Icon
Reaction score
We lack RWB for that as well, but a return to the 4-3-3/3-4-3 of last season might be the closest thing to a proper solution.

Bona - Biglia - Kessie
RR - Rom?/Bon? - Bon?/Mus? - Abate

Bona - Biglia - Kessie - Abate
RR - Bon - Mus?​

Not sure if Bona and Hakan can coexist on the same flank though.
Not even sure if half of these players are good enough for an ambitious team.

4-3-3 now maybe because the injury to conti. abate and calabria are absolutely 0 going forward so they wont work as RWB.
Maybe force borini there if he can show comitment to the defensive end, the work rate has already shown.

what is it against RR as WB? he s not the fastest man out there, but he s solid defensively and sends good crosses.

and I agree, hakan and bona are too slow and static to be played together, that's why the 3-4-3 will keep at least one of them on the bench.

bona- Kal/Silv/Cut - Suso
RR - Biglia - Kessie - Borini/Abate
Roma - Bon - Mus?

Schedule