Gennaro Gattuso Thread

When is the first clash between Gattuso and Zamparini?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think milan have been lucky in serie A, they haven't gotten any points they didn't deserve.

hopefully the january transfers are a big hit, going out of the EL is an embarrassment no matter how much some fans will try to spin it, but we simply don't have the man power to compete in europe on any level.

I hope we get ko'd out of the coppa italia asap, just focus on the remainder of the serie A games and that's it. It's not like we'll be missing out on champagne football, milan's football would put ambien to sleep.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
no malakia, ples #taskforce

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta
He manages the team i support, he is doing a piss poor job at it (we are in 4th place by way of other teams playing like shit, not cause we earned it), he should get fired.

Was it that hard to figure on your own numbnuts?

He's managing it better than the last 3 coaches we had and you want to get rid of him.

You sitting on your fucking brains or something?

You fucking stupid ppl think oh yea let's just get a new coach at the end of every season and start this shit all over again for absolutely no reason.

You're the same fucking people who'll jump over into the player sub-forum and point fingers and say "we should never have bought higuian. he's playing like shit. We need a new striker" or shit like "suso's so fucking inconsistent can we please get a new winger." Yea let's get a new coach & new players and have a year zero every fucking season. that some dumb fucking logic yo.

You cant see anything beyond five minutes in front of your face. We win a match? Yea gattuso's great. We draw a match? Nah gattuso's shit we should fire him.

Stop thinking with your shitter for once and understand what Gattuso actually does for the team; what having him here, with a consistent bunch of players does for a team in the long term. It's not hard to understand.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Don't know why people are laughing. It's true. It's not like Lazio, Roma, Fiorentina have been good and we've been better. They're simply shit and we're slightly less shit.
You can say that we've been lucky. Play like shit 80% of the time, score a late goal to equalize or win, VAR bail us out, other teams play like shit... And we're still only barely in top 4.
Grintuso is not gonna pan out. He is making zero progress tactically

wtf does VAR bail us out even mean? we haven't really won any games we deserved to lose. on the other hand we drew lots of game where we deserved to win.

Last edited:

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
:thumbsup: Gattuso's a solid caretaker but nothing special. You could give half a dozen other Serie A manager's the squad (S.Inzaghi, Mazzarri, Pioli, Giampaolo, Gasperini, Prandelli) and we wouldn't fare any worse. And that's excluding the better known manager's like Allegri, Ancelotti or Spalletti.

In addition to injuring half the squad long term due to his brutal training methods we can also thank Gattuso for being the first Milan coach in nearly 20 years to not qualify from the group stages of a European competition. Even Allegri managed to do that with the piss poor squad left over after selling TS + Ibra and the senatore's retired. Thanks Rino :thumbsup:

pioli, mazzari, gasperini who failed miserably in inter with supposedly "superior" team than ours? ancelotti failed to qualify for CL with the team that actually won CL. what do you have to say about that?

if training is brutal, why isn't everyone injured? is it because current healthy players are getting different training? grandpa abate is doing well despite the "brutal" training.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Training is brutal?

Whats next, the grass is too green?!

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
He's managing it better than the last 3 coaches we had and you want to get rid of him.

You sitting on your fucking brains or something?

You fucking stupid ppl think oh yea let's just get a new coach at the end of every season and start this shit all over again for absolutely no reason.

You're the same fucking people who'll jump over into the player sub-forum and point fingers and say "we should never have bought higuian. he's playing like shit. We need a new striker" or shit like "suso's so fucking inconsistent can we please get a new winger." Yea let's get a new coach & new players and have a year zero every fucking season. that some dumb fucking logic yo.

You cant see anything beyond five minutes in front of your face. We win a match? Yea gattuso's great. We draw a match? Nah gattuso's shit we should fire him.

Stop thinking with your shitter for once and understand what Gattuso actually does for the team; what having him here, with a consistent bunch of players does for a team in the long term. It's not hard to understand.

HVNBWD5.gif

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
this poster^
Cq2Pqgp.png
has malakia

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Balotelli, Leão, Theo, Zlatan, Tonali
I don't think milan have been lucky in serie A, they haven't gotten any points they didn't deserve.

hopefully the january transfers are a big hit, going out of the EL is an embarrassment no matter how much some fans will try to spin it, but we simply don't have the man power to compete in europe on any level.

I hope we get ko'd out of the coppa italia asap, just focus on the remainder of the serie A games and that's it. It's not like we'll be missing out on champagne football, milan's football would put ambien to sleep.

Naw bro we need that coppa badge for the shirt next season.

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
So which former legend is next in line guys???

So far we’ve gone through, Leonardo, Seedorf, Pippo, Brocchi and Gattuso is on his last legs.

My guess is Kaladze, I don’t think he has any coaching experience so he fits the bill perfectly. Ticks the two boxes we have on the criteria, no coaching experience and former Milan player.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Absolute dog shit form, bro. Me thinks he's gonna get the sack... The team looks terrible.

Sure, a Kessie - Bakayoko midfield CM combo is a nightmare for offense, but the team shouldn't be THIS bad. His 442 simply doesn't work.

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
Absolute dog shit form, bro. Me thinks he's gonna get the sack... The team looks terrible.

Sure, a Kessie - Bakayoko midfield CM combo is a nightmare for offense, but the team shouldn't be THIS bad. His 442 simply doesn't work.

His 4-3-3 didn’t work either. The fact that he has the 3rd most points since taking over just goes to show the state of quality in Serie A atm. Juventus miles ahead, Napoli are good too and the rest are sometimes good sometimes shit.

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
Sack before it’s too fucking late. Have we learned absolutely nothing from our past experiences?

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
fuck off for good.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Thin ice, my friend.

Very strange, coz attacking was our strength before. The current squad is quite bad for breaking up defensive teams, but he should know that and come up with a better plan.

Bakayoko was the only one trying be creative and unpredictable. Others, were just shit at it. I understand it's hard, but we didn't even try to speed up the game, when they were pressing us... no long passes from the back, not anything.

I still believe in him and think he deserves to finish the season, but he'll have to change some things very fast.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Sack before it’s too fucking late. Have we learned absolutely nothing from our past experiences?

If we sack him without having a proper replacement, then we really have learned nothing from past experiences.

Moggster

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Robben, Zidane, Ibra, Nesta, Ronaldinho
Go away. I don't want ex-milanplayers coaching Milan ever again. They just ruining their own legacy. I get a bad taste in my mouth when I think of Pippo and Gattuso now.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Just 1 victory in the last 5 Serie A games against shitty Parma and a Europa league dumping at the hands of Olympiacos.

Time to wield the axe.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Ax him for Donadoni? I'd rather just reinforce and try for 4th with Gattusso.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
it's Donadoni or Wenger at the moment, i prefer Gattuso

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
pioli, mazzari, gasperini who failed miserably in inter with supposedly "superior" team than ours? ancelotti failed to qualify for CL with the team that actually won CL. what do you have to say about that?

if training is brutal, why isn't everyone injured? is it because current healthy players are getting different training? grandpa abate is doing well despite the "brutal" training.

Actually Gasperini was fired after just 5 games in charge so its hardly a fair comparison. Why don't you judge him based on his performance at Atalanta where he qualified for Europe in consecutive seasons including a 4th place finish.

As for Mazzarri, he inherited an Inter team in dire straits devoid of most of their current star players yet still managed to finish 5th. Currently, Torino are just 5 points behind us.

Pioli got off to a flying start at Inter but after a consecutive run of losses was eventually sacked. However, his win % at Inter is still higher than Gattuso's at Milan.

Re training, I can't recall Milan ever having so many long term absentees at the same time. It's not just the sheer number of players injured but also the seriousness of the injuries with many out for months on end. That's got to be down to Gattuso and his coaching staff.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
If we can't bring in an elite coach immediately (i.e Conte/Wenger) then we should stick with Gattuso. The teams still fighting for the CL places and we won't find a better caretaker than Rino. Hiring Donadoni would just be more of the same.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Actually Gasperini was fired after just 5 games in charge so its hardly a fair comparison. Why don't you judge him based on his performance at Atalanta where he qualified for Europe in consecutive seasons including a 4th place finish.

As for Mazzarri, he inherited an Inter team in dire straits devoid of most of their current star players yet still managed to finish 5th. Currently, Torino are just 5 points behind us.

Pioli got off to a flying start at Inter but after a consecutive run of losses was eventually sacked. However, his win % at Inter is still higher than Gattuso's at Milan.

Re training, I can't recall Milan ever having so many long term absentees at the same time. It's not just the sheer number of players injured but also the seriousness of the injuries with many out for months on end. That's got to be down to Gattuso and his coaching staff.

Yes.

Conti has been out for so long and his original injury happened under Montella, and then again without playing. That was definitely Rino.

He also asked Kessie to run into Musacchio, leaving him with a back injury and an injury to his ligaments. Definitely Rino.

Romagnoli is back now.

Biglia was a bad injury. Willing to bet that was Rino.

Do you not recall the injuries we had under Allegri? Probably not because everyone has forgotten that since he left and became known as one of the best managers in the world(and didn't hobble every Juventus player like he was Kathy Bates)

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Yes.

Conti has been out for so long and his original injury happened under Montella, and then again without playing. That was definitely Rino.

He also asked Kessie to run into Musacchio, leaving him with a back injury and an injury to his ligaments. Definitely Rino.

Romagnoli is back now.

Biglia was a bad injury. Willing to bet that was Rino.

Do you not recall the injuries we had under Allegri? Probably not because everyone has forgotten that since he left and became known as one of the best managers in the world(and didn't hobble every Juventus player like he was Kathy Bates)

Actually Gattuso admitted he probably re-injured Conti by rushing him back to training too soon. Besides Biglia + Romagnoli's injuries, I'm sure Gattuso's intense training methods also had a hand in both Caldara + Bonaventura's long term injuries. For example, Caldara played plenty of pre-season games for Juve and passed his medical before joining us.

Yes I'm aware we had injuries under previous managers but I can't recall such a huge list of long term injuries like right now.

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
If we can't bring in an elite coach immediately (i.e Conte/Wenger) then we should stick with Gattuso. The teams still fighting for the CL places and we won't find a better caretaker than Rino. Hiring Donadoni would just be more of the same.

:thumbsup:
I think our best immediate action right now is make an attempt for Conte. Getting him right now is probably impossible, however, getting him sign a pre-agreeement for next season.. is possible... and, it will be huge.

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
in a good company normally they have risk analyst. they would do research to analyze and forecast company's step or decision, and give advice or solution.

Right now I believe Elliott risk analyst has told Singer that it is too risky to keep Gattuso. Should Gattuso manage to keep the 4th spot until end of this season, then ok, he will be with us next season.
However, if Milan out from 4th spot let say in February or March, we will have serious problem. We need to breakeven by 2021. UCL is everything.

Ultimately, an investment for a proven elite coach like Conte is the best move we should do right now, if possible.

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
We can’t afford to wait and see whether he fucks up 4th or not.... we need immediate action, because it’s obvious hes a joke of a coach.

Schedule