Yoann Gourcuff Thread

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
He has been touted for greatness for awhile in France. It will be interesting to see if Milan keep him or loan him out for this upcoming season.

Reaction score
San Paolo said:
Yeah can somebody provide some of us with more knowledge about Gourcuff, like for e.g. what he is best at (attributes), the type of player he is, etc.

He's a classical n°10, build in the same mold than Zidane, he's tall and very solid physically for a playmaker, even if he is probably less creative than Zizou, you won't see him do the kind of crazy tricks Zidane does, but everything he does is intelligent and useful.

He has great vision, a high workrate which allows him to play sometimes as a defensive midfielder, great distribution and can control and strike the ball with both feet with equal effectiveness. It's always hard to take the ball away from him and he looks elegant on the field, in that aspect he reminds me of Fernando Redondo. What else, he may be a little bit slow (at least slower than Kaka, though it doesn't say much), and seems to be a nice guy outside of the pitch contrary to other young french players.

Overall it can be a great signing for Milan, he's definitly one of the 3 most talented young french players today. Now it remains to be seen if he can adapt to a team and a championship of that level at his age, cause he's still really young... Too young IMO, but we'll see.

vani_pirlo_21

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All Milan, all River Plate, Aimar, Saviola, Montenegro, Lugano,
Demerio said:
Its a MIlan style :cool:
Inter has a Ugly Argentinian style like Cambiasso and Veron :D
hahaha
Cambiasso is not ugly... :rolleyes: off topic...

Menon, great videos. The second one was great, I hope he scores more and better goals for Milan :star:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Aldrich said:
He's a classical n°10, build in the same mold than Zidane, he's tall and very solid physically for a playmaker, even if he is probably less creative than Zizou, you won't see him do the kind of crazy tricks Zidane does, but everything he does is intelligent and useful.

He has great vision, a high workrate which allows him to play sometimes as a defensive midfielder, great distribution and can control and strike the ball with both feet with equal effectiveness. It's always hard to take the ball away from him and he looks elegant on the field, in that aspect he reminds me of Fernando Redondo. What else, he may be a little bit slow (at least slower than Kaka, though it doesn't say much), and seems to be a nice guy outside of the pitch contrary to other young french players.

Overall it can be a great signing for Milan, he's definitly one of the 3 most talented young french players today. Now it remains to be seen if he can adapt to a team and a championship of that level at his age, cause he's still really young... Too young IMO, but we'll see.
Very nice first post. Welcome on board, but i must ask where do you know him so good? Are you a Rennes fan?

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta, Seedorf and Superpippo!!!!
Demerio said:
Its a MIlan style :cool:
Inter has a Ugly Argentinian style like Cambiasso and Veron :D

haha...after we get torres we can start "the hottest man alive" contest with milanplayers as contestants..hehe... :D :D :eek:

Reaction score
Hello.

I'm french, i'm not a Rennes fan but a Lorient fan (Rennes and Lorient are in the same "country", the brittany). Lorient will play in Ligue 1 next season and is coached by...Christian Gourcuff, Yoann's father.
So, you guess that i follow Yoann since his beginning in french championship and I confirm Aldrich's post.
I think he's not one of the 3 most talented young french players but the most talented of the new generation.
He is already a boss of U21 french national team (he plays during the last euro U21 in may) and was nomminated this year for the best french's championship young player's trophy (Franck Ribery, 23 ans, won the trophy).

I don't know if Milan his a good choice for him, earlier maybe, he is only 19 year old, but whatever happens, he will progress a lot in your team and may becoming a very great player. I hope.

His goals this season (except his goal against Lyon, i didn't find) :
http://chante.loup.free.fr/saison0506/ligue1/j07/mon-ren/0-2.mpg
http://webazar.goal.free.fr/saison0506/j14/tro-ren/0-1.mpg
http://webazar.goal.free.fr/saison0506/j15/ren-tfc/1-0.mpg
http://goalmpeg.free.fr/ligue1/j30/ren-aja/1-0.mpg
http://oet.free.fr/v.2005/ligue1/j31/met-ren/0-1.mpg

Scuse my poor english.
Bye.

Reaction score
Jasper said:
Very nice first post. Welcome on board, but i must ask where do you know him so good? Are you a Rennes fan?

Thanks. I'm not a Rennes fan, just a guy interested in up and coming french players, cause with the current state of our national team you've got to prepare the future you know... So I tried to watch him play for the last two years cause he'll probably be our leader for the next 10 years if everything goes well for him.

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
I advice the ones who said that he looks like Kaka to stop saying that otherwise Passion for *9* will strike ;) .. she almost deleted my posts there just why I said that he looks like Kaka...

Aldrich & FC Lorient nice posts , thanks for the info , I hope you both wont be lazy to post sometimes..

FORZA GOURCUFF !!

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
besikaka said:
I advice the ones who said that he looks like Kaka to stop saying that otherwise Passion for *9* will strike ;) .. she almost deleted my posts there just why I said that he looks like Kaka...

Aldrich & FC Lorient nice posts , thanks for the info , I hope you both wont be lazy to post sometimes..

FORZA GOURCUFF !!

LOL...yeah she might have plans to make him her new poster boy :D ...the goals were good :)

MilanLover1899

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, GilaGol, Gullit, MvB, Weah, Baresi, Pirlo, Sheva, Gattuso
Great talent

I saw him play at the European championchips or the Toulon youth festival lat may .. he is the next zidane ... he is a great signing for our club.

Lets hope he gets some playing time and dont rot away on the bench upcoming season like many others before him

But I do believe that one who plays with top class palyers will only improve himself also ...

Forza Milan

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
besikaka said:
Aw, besiKAKA, you are as your name suggests, a revenge-driven lying piece of ****. Fact is, only fags like you who get a little too excited at the prospect of another prettyboy to drool over see a resemblance with their poster boy Kaka'.... LOL.... :D

Idiot :o

@ the other idiot: I like them big + black on my posters :devilfuc:

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
136740.jpg

idolos270_foto2049.jpg

Any similarities then?

Inzaghi9

=alta tensione=
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Kaká, Pato
Passion for *9* said:
Aw, besiKAKA, you are as your name suggests, a revenge-driven lying piece of ****. Fact is, only fags like you who get a little too excited at the prospect of another prettyboy to drool over see a resemblance with their poster boy Kaka'.... LOL.... :D

Idiot :o

@ the other idiot: I like them big + black on my posters :devilfuc:
hey girl,calm down,everybody has right to say whatever he likes...

and for Yoann,well I have seen just some shoots in highlights from him,hope he would be a fine surprise and good deal for us.

NobodyCares

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Shevchenko, Nesta, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo
now we must think of a nick for him and also one for favalli and foggi

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
Inzaghi9 said:
hey girl,calm down,everybody has right to say whatever he likes...

and for Yoann,well I have seen just some shoots in highlights from him,hope he would be a fine surprise and good deal for us.

LOL :D This is the only forum where you will see normal users tell the mods to calm down...what a disgrace...

Reaction score
wallawehhh...

do you think yohann could end up like pozzi,bloudek,digao.....
i think so....
bcoz its milan style....
and bcoz milan is post-retirement club....
hopefully not....

NobodyCares

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Shevchenko, Nesta, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo
gourcuff should be a good force with kaka and seedorf , time to 5 mid fielders and one striker , no replacement required
-------------dida--------------
cafu--nesta------kala----capi
rino--------pirlo-------seedorf
------kaka--------gourcuff---
----------pippo--------------

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Jasper said:
Good news 2 hear Milan r seen the obvious.
Kaka wont affect us with his selfishness no more + have more freedom upfront.
And we will have a teenager playmaker in our team.
Pirlo hopefully will find confidence + motivation after the WC.
Gatu moving 2 play as DM alongside Seedorf or maybe some1 better -- > DeRossi – Diarra or my WC fav. Zokora.
Add Oddo/Trabelsi + Yanku on flanks.

We will have a great midfield 2 win serieB. :D

BoredGame

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
ACM
yeah, this is really good news, milan would sign more young talents

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta, Seedorf and Superpippo!!!!
Gila#11. said:
136740.jpg

idolos270_foto2049.jpg

Any similarities then?

yeah..i see similarity.. :D :D
love the fact that he is goodlookin'... :D ;)

WILL2K

Magical Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo , Maldini , Kaka , Zizou ..
crazymilangirl said:
yeah..i see similarity.. :D :D
love the fact that he is goodlookin'... :D ;)

He looks abit like Kaka . Will confuse the opponents lol :)

ACMCEAR

Con il diavolo insieme
Reaction score
Fav. Players
*KPB*, /THIAGO SILVA\, +PATO+, Nesta, Noce, Super Pippo, Abate, Baresi, MvB
Zed_darkx said:
gourcuff should be a good force with kaka and seedorf , time to 5 mid fielders and one striker , no replacement required
-------------dida--------------
cafu--nesta------kala----capi
rino--------pirlo-------seedorf
------kaka--------gourcuff---
----------pippo--------------
no pippo, Gila :D

WELCOME GOURCUFF....you will rock here

dee_pee

Beginner
Reaction score
welcome

welcome yohann, maybe your coming 2 milan will b follow by some other young n talented player.....especially defender......
show ur "light"......
milan forever!

Matmil04

* I still Believe *
Reaction score
Fav. Players
kaka, Nesta, Gerrard and Ronaldinho
i dont think he is going to play week in and week out ,the first reason that Milan will never play only with one forward oftenly if not for some games, the second reason he is too young to achieve the responsibility that we might wont him to have,the third reason and personally i think the first part of the season he will definetly be on the bench to learn a little bit about Italian football.

Schedule