***CL CAMPAIGN OPENER*** Play-off leg 1:PSV Eindhoven (1) v AC Milan (1) 20/08/2013

Benny20

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I have faith we can get past PSV but I would not underestimate them

just because they have some young talents it doesn't mean they aren't good it just means they are unpredictable.PSV have a tendency of still producing very good young players and we too have some young players coming through .

My major concern is that a few of our players have had very little preparation and there are still some injury concerns .I hope we step up the bid of one of the ljajic or Honda just to reinforce even if I do think our current team can get the job done

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Nothing gets by amelia on twitter eh? If only it wouldn't be the opposite on the pitch:o

dont like teams with tricky wingers at least i hope constant wont be playing. Matavz might move to lazio according to rumors

foorzahhh!

Last edited:

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
This will be a tricky one. We won't have it easy. Hope we don't fuck it up, the price is too big on this one.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
We tend to play better against better teams....they keep us on our toes

We have a tendency though to underestimate weaker teams....just look at the CL matches of the last few years. We screwed up more against supposedly weaker sides than the stronger ones....

Honestly hope the players dont think it will be a walk in the park. They have been guilty of doing that before....

Rino

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gattuso, Kaka, Maldini, Sheva, Cutrone, Romagnoli
I much prefer playing PSV to Fenerbahce.

Firstly, Turkey is a lot more travelling than Eindhoven, being over twice the distance away.

Secondly, Fenerbahce have a lot more players who could trouble us. Like, for every Wijnaldum and Maher PSV have, Fenerbahce have Topal, Krasic, Bruno Alves and more... plus, that speedy fucker Gonul(Love him on Fifa)

Fenerbahce are just a couple of notches ahead, and don't forget they got to the semis of the EL last year and were unfortunate to lose to Benfica.

You can't be serious stating Krasic and Alves as potential danger? :lol:

Krasic is transfer listed and barely plays for them, when he plays he sucks else he would not be t-listed. Alves is partly dangerous in the air but that's it. I think Sow and Eminike are slightly more dangerous than the names you came up with.

Anyway PSV is indeed a better draw than fener, altho there were other shitty teams like Metallist or Pacos we could have drawn.

However we should easily win this one, they're a very young team with apart from Bouma and Schaars zero experience, certainly not in the CL. We'll have to be aware of their counter possibilities with pacefull guys like Depay Bakkali and Maher but apart from that I think we can sit back and relax watching these 2 games.

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
man what happened to krasic @ jube? he must have seen what conte actually uses as hair:p

PSV and Milan

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Mark van Bommel
However we should easily win this one, they're a very young team with apart from Bouma and Schaars zero experience, certainly not in the CL. We'll have to be aware of their counter possibilities with pacefull guys like Depay Bakkali and Maher but apart from that I think we can sit back and relax watching these 2 games.

Bouma is gone, Ji-Sung Park is back however after seven years at Man Utd and one year at QPR.

Anguisette

Coffee Dragon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Canna, Kaka
I don't think this is such an easy tie. Not saying that Milan can't win but PSV won't make it easy. We had a harrowing second leg loss to them several years ago, I remember.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
this is going to be so easy :D

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
nooooo we have to play against my boy wijnaldum. i was dreaming that we'd sign him but nevermind. hopefully 1 year in EL will convince him he needs to move to milan :p

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Singer, Leonardo, Maldini, Romagnoli Capitano, Bakayoko, Kessie, Suso, Caldara, Calibria
This will be a tricky one. We won't have it easy. Hope we don't fuck it up, the price is too big on this one.

This. Cannot agree more. PSV at home are very dangerous

Reaction score
I am a big AC Milan fan and an even bigger PSV fan.

I personaly think that AC can get itsself into real big troubles vs PSV.

Let me explain!!

Italian style football (Engilish as wel)

1: More physical and les on the base of passing en skill.
2: 8 players behind the halfway line, only the attackers cross that frequently.
3: More players with brute strength and les creative players like montolivo.

Dutch football

1: Fast combinations from goal to goal in 5 passes.
2: No high balls so heading doesnt mean anything.
3: Emphassis on skill en tactics: The total football method.
4: Fast and adgile players that can counter with lightning speed.

PSV team

1: Zoet --> Dutch under 21 NT goalie --> Huge talent with good ability.
2: Arias --> Very quick, a bit of i biter like abatte and good skills --> can play like a winger aswel.
3: Bruma --> Chelsea talant, good heading, very strong and not affraid of anything.
4: Rekik --> Young but very quick for a Defender --> good heading and knows how to pass a ball.
5: Willems --> The weak spot --> Needs his speed to make up for his mistakes.
6: Schaars --. the general --> Playingstyle like V Bommel --> but a lot more speed.
7: Wijnaldum --> Free roaming poacher that can play between the lines and has a good pass.
8: Maher --> Might look invisilble but he put our striker in front of goal 13 times vs zulte waregem. has an awsome shot aswel and is very very quick.
9: Depay --> Pure speed and skills. can make most defenders sick with his movements and had an good shot.
10: Matavz: --> Regular strikes that doesnt fail allot 1 vs 1
11: Bakkali --> Young but incredebly fast --> Can put balls wherever he wants and knows how to keep a defender busy.

Not to forget the coach --> Phillip Cocu (Most games as a non spanish player behind Messi at barca) The mastermind that knows exactly how to hurt bigger teams.

Bench aint bad ether with Toivonen (AM, ST) -- Josefsoon (Fast RW) -- Locadia (Clinical finisher) -- Hiljemarck (CVM A lot like Strootman _ Bommel)

Why can this PSV take down milan.

Dutch football is designed to outsmart teams that are dependant on strikers and strong defences. they will pass a team out of formation and that attack with speed.

Remember why they took out Napoli last year (they just coulnt keep up with the pace of passing)

Ajax did the same to city and united a year before that.

PSV plays like a spring --> Milan putch pressure and they will counter with there much fast er players (Only Abbate can probely keep up with Bakkili depay maher and wijnaldum.)

Van Bommel was a great asset at AC Milan, but even he couldnt keep up with the fast tempo of dutch football.

It will be a game full of cards mark my words.

conclusion.

AC has the better players, but PSV has the tactics to make em go bonkers.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Milan, 8 players behind the halfway line? :lol:
Most of the games only the GK and the CBs are left.

Filippo

Primavera
Reaction score
I have to say I am quite happy with this draw. I would honestly rather play PSV than any of Real Sociedad, Metalist and Fenerbahce. I don't like the idea of playing in Turkey/Ukraine and they are both fierce sides at home. Real Sociedad is a legitimate threat, probably the best team from Pot 2. Pacos would have been the easiest IMO.

PSV just sold most of their best players. Although they have Maher, I think we can handle them, especially since most of our key players don't look like they will miss the game. I can't pretend like I watch PSV much, but they seem better than the alternatives. I think we are all a bit nervous right now because the thought of losing and not making the group stage is very BAD, but I think we can do it. Have some faith, we got this.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
sosossososososo much wrong with that post... unbelievable :lol:

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
I would do anything for a recreation of the '05 semifinal. :devil2:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

Let me explain!!

Dutch football

PSV team

2: Arias --> Very quick, a bit of i biter like abatte and good skills --> can play like a winger aswel.
3: Bruma --> Chelsea talant, good heading, very strong and not affraid of anything.
4: Rekik --> Young but very quick for a Defender --> good heading and knows how to pass a ball.
6: Schaars --. the general --> Playingstyle like V Bommel --> but a lot more speed.
7: Wijnaldum --> Free roaming poacher that can play between the lines and has a good pass.
8: Maher --> Might look invisilble but he put our striker in front of goal 13 times vs zulte waregem. has an awsome shot aswel and is very very quick.
9: Depay --> Pure speed and skills. can make most defenders sick with his movements and had an good shot.
11: Bakkali --> Young but incredebly fast --> Can put balls wherever he wants and knows how to keep a defender busy.

Not to forget the coach --> Phillip Cocu (Most games as a non spanish player behind Messi at barca) The mastermind that knows exactly how to hurt bigger teams.

Bench aint bad ether with Toivonen (AM, ST) -- Josefsoon (Fast RW) -- Locadia (Clinical finisher) -- Hiljemarck (CVM A lot like Strootman _ Bommel)

Dutch football is designed to outsmart teams that are dependant on strikers and strong defences. they will pass a team out of formation and that attack with speed.

Remember why they took out Napoli last year (they just coulnt keep up with the pace of passing)

PSV plays like a spring --> Milan putch pressure and they will counter with there much fast er players (Only Abbate can probely keep up with Bakkili depay maher and wijnaldum.)

Van Bommel was a great asset at AC Milan, but even he couldnt keep up with the fast tempo of dutch football.

conclusion.

29-Camron-NP.gif

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud

Let me explain!!

Dutch football

PSV team

conclusion.

Stay off the drugs

Reaction score
nooooo we have to play against my boy wijnaldum. i was dreaming that we'd sign him but nevermind. hopefully 1 year in EL will convince him he needs to move to milan :p

Oh my god, you don't want to see Wijnaldum at Milan. As a PSV supporter i dont even want to see him at PSV! He scores enough goals and plays good football at times, but he is too unsteady.

I think PSV has about 30% chance of reaching the CL. Milan has more quality and is more experienced, but i think PSV is good as a team.

khuyag

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Кака, Maldini, Nesta, Ronaldo, Beckham
tackle ... tackle ... and tackle. We don't need to afraid cards.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
lol @ milan playing with 8 people behind the halfwayline, we are probably the most attacking team in serie a after frienze. psv can be dangerous, but we should go through so long as we dont underestimate them. should be an entertaining game. on a serious note, if we played defensive football last season, milan would have won the scudetto, just saying.

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Maldini, Pippo, Nesta

Let me explain!!

Dutch football

PSV team

conclusion.

:lol::lol:
Ga vroeger naar bed knaap.

Patri

Kallappam-pothu
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Gennaro Ivan Gattuso
I am curious as to what PSV fans make of the starters at Milan as of now. Can one of you PSV fans here take it up? Based on form:

Abbiati, Abate, Mexes, Zapata, De Sciglio, Montolivo, De Jong, Poli, Niang, Balotelli, El Shaarawy.

VPayne

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I am curious as to what PSV fans make of the starters at Milan as of now. Can one of you PSV fans here take it up? Based on form:

Abbiati, Abate, Mexes, Zapata, De Sciglio, Montolivo, De Jong, Poli, Niang, Balotelli, El Shaarawy.

As I was looking at our line-up, I realised that we are going to rape a lot of teams this year.. starting with PSV :proud:

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score

Let me explain!!

Dutch football

PSV team

conclusion.

Post of the week.

Give this guy a medal.

Pipa

Rotten Apple
Reaction score
CL footbaalll!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forzaaaaaaaaa Miilaaaaaaaaaaaannn!!!

benjamin

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Nesta Cafu

Let me explain!!

Dutch football

PSV team

conclusion.

Appreciate your effort. But it's rubbish.

belloefamoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Red white black..haha haha its ridiculous haha you rate psv like barcelona hahaha cant bellieve, you are drinking

Schedule