Alexandre Pato Thread

How many goals will Pato score for Milan in 2012-2013?

• Total voters

teis

Alice in Chains
Reaction score
bobanito said:
ADRIANO GALLIANI ON SUMMER TRANSFERS
6/28/2007

MILAN - 'I have always liked Cassano. We had a 'vote' on him in January because I am democratic, but it was not passed. We might have another vote now.' This is what Milan chief executive Adriano Galliani had to say before a Football League meeting. 'Our only negotiations from now to August 31 is for a striker, it's not a case of one, two or three but only negotiations with different great attackers. Has there been a meeting with Pato's agent? Milan speak to everyone and everyone thinks they can be a great Milan attacker. In any case, there is no particular interest in Pato. Agents are always trying to trigger auctions by talking to as many clubs as possible.'

----

Well Galliani is right, but in this case we should get Alexandre.
Cassano!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great to at least hear his name :proud:

magashi said:
Bad thing is we won't buy a world-class striker. Unless you consider Cassanno a world-class :o
You're right, Cassano's better than world-class!!!

genc

Rossonero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini - Boban - Van Basten - Nesta - Ronaldo - Ronaldinho
I dont agree with you people if so many teams are chasing his signiture that means the boy is got talent by sayng we need to buy him I dont mean put him on the first team imediately I mean you can allways loan him or loan him even te internacionale for another season or loan him te a small club in serie a milan can afford buying to striker cuz it's been some years since milan bought anything big and the sold sheva so there should be enough money for some world class players

magashi

Rino Follower
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rino Gattuso, Sheva, Ronaldinho, Cr. Ronaldo, Torres, Sneijder
Coach Carlo Ancelotti has confirmed that Milan are interested in Alexandre Pato of Internacional, also a reported target for Chelsea.

The 17-year-old, who won the Copa Libertadores and the FIFA World Club Championship last year, is a fast and technical striker and corresponds exactly to what the Rossoneri are looking for.

“Pato is a young player, very young, but we are not the only important club who like him,” Ancelotti told Sky Italia.

“He is considered by many the new Kaka? Let’s not exaggerate…,” added the Coach.

Pato, who impressed in the Under-20 South American Championship in January, which was won by the Selecao, is contracted to Internacional until 2009 and is reportedly valued at £10m.

Samuel Eto’o is also still being paired with a San Siro switch, despite the reiterated denials that he might leave Barcelona.

“Eto’o is a very important player. In any case, if we make any new signings it will be for the upfront department, in defence and in the midfield we are fine,” concluded Ancelotti.

Meanwhile, the Rossoneri have captured 16-year-old striker Mitja Novinic, who will join the European champions from Nafta Lendava.

Novinic is the second signing this summer, after the return of Ibrahim Ba on a one-year contract.

source: channel4.com

Cool, and that young kid, hope he turns out good when the time comes.

Quinni 17

Gold Tie Hero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baresi, Rino, Pippo, Sheva, Pato.
magashi said:
Coach Carlo Ancelotti has confirmed that Milan are interested in Alexandre Pato of Internacional, also a reported target for Chelsea.

The 17-year-old, who won the Copa Libertadores and the FIFA World Club Championship last year, is a fast and technical striker and corresponds exactly to what the Rossoneri are looking for.

“Pato is a young player, very young, but we are not the only important club who like him,” Ancelotti told Sky Italia.

“He is considered by many the new Kaka? Let’s not exaggerate…,” added the Coach.

Pato, who impressed in the Under-20 South American Championship in January, which was won by the Selecao, is contracted to Internacional until 2009 and is reportedly valued at £10m.

Samuel Eto’o is also still being paired with a San Siro switch, despite the reiterated denials that he might leave Barcelona.

“Eto’o is a very important player. In any case, if we make any new signings it will be for the upfront department, in defence and in the midfield we are fine,” concluded Ancelotti.

Meanwhile, the Rossoneri have captured 16-year-old striker Mitja Novinic, who will join the European champions from Nafta Lendava.

Novinic is the second signing this summer, after the return of Ibrahim Ba on a one-year contract.

source: channel4.com

Cool, and that young kid, hope he turns out good when the time comes.

will the mods open a player thread ? i want to find some details out about this kid.

Surfer

I've got the devil in me
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pato, Shevchenko
As said before, and like I had already said.

Our attack will depend on the injury's and form of Ronaldo.

Pato would be great for the future IF he can develop, and Milan probably doesn't wan't to take the risk.

Maldini&Inzaghi

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta
The only issue with signing him now is that he is unable to play till 09 I heard due to his age. We need a player for the now also.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Andriy Shevchenko, Marcos Cafu, Paolo Maldini, Bergkamp.
Ive seen a few youtube clips, the guy looks impressive. Why not eh? A bit of youth..

Who was the last youngster that Milan snatched from the noses of Chelsea? Aah yes, that lad named Kaka. He done alright.

But no doubt, Milan need one or two experienced players, if they want to get a forward, Pato will take some time developing so you can't chuck him in and tell him 'go on son 15 goals this season'.

Other departments might need to be prioritised very soon e.g. the ageing defence.

Also, at the risk of going off-topic, please, don't buy Emerson.

Conclusion: Pato, hot talent, get him in.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Andriy Shevchenko, Marcos Cafu, Paolo Maldini, Bergkamp.
Can't sign a professional contract until 18, I think thats the correct term hence no action...yet.

teis

Alice in Chains
Reaction score
Aasam said:
Can't sign a professional contract until 18, I think thats the correct term hence no action...yet.
First of all, since we can only sign one non-Europeen player each year I don't think he's gonna come.

And second, how come we can't sign him? I mean, we signed players like Bloudek and Weah Jr when they were under 18. Why can't we do that in this case?

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
teis said:
First of all, since we can only sign one non-Europeen player each year I don't think he's gonna come.

And second, how come we can't sign him? I mean, we signed players like Bloudek and Weah Jr when they were under 18. Why can't we do that in this case?

I think that rule is only for Brazilian players, I heard that from somewhere and I dunno why.

Still, even if the earliest he can come is the winter transfer window, I say sign a contract now, of course there is a risk about this guy, but he is a great talent and for me it would be a lot more painful to see him become a great player at Chelsea then not succeed at Milan.

Last edited:

genc

Rossonero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini - Boban - Van Basten - Nesta - Ronaldo - Ronaldinho
chuel said:
this kid cant leave brasil until he is 18 right?
well I've red there is a possibility to sign him before than by inviting and emploing his family and stuff like that

I'm not saying that we need only him to reinforce the attack we can by him and a world class striker cuz milan should have the money considering milan didn't spend a lot :S last year and the money from champions league

Dann

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Pato, Nesta, T.Silva, Sheva, Pirlo, Totti, Rino
pato is playing tonight in the u-20 world cup against poland its on eurosport for anybody in the u.k so i will report back on him.

The Jet

Dovieandi se tov'ya sagat
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva-kaka-pele-MVB-Milan Legends
Dann said:
pato is playing tonight in the u-20 world cup against poland its on eurosport for anybody in the u.k so i will report back on him.

Cool, i've got eurosport. you know what time?

Dann

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
The Jet said:
Cool, i've got eurosport. you know what time?

the program starts at 19.15 u.k time, so kick-off might be 19.30

The Jet

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dann said:
the program starts at 19.15 u.k time, so kick-off might be 19.30

Great cant wait to see him in action. Hope he wont dissapoint!

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
teis said:

Yeah, he must be a minor or something according to certain laws. I read somewhere (maybe here) that there's a loophole which could see us employing his parents/guardian in order to sign him this summer ... not too sure though.

I don't see the need to go to those extremes to sign him now. Instead, a pre-contract securing him for the future + an alternative slightly less risky signing now would do us better - especially since both Pippo and Ronaldo are approaching the end of their careers.

Hope he does well tonight.

sivlE

Volunteer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
The Entire AC Milan Squad
Pato agent in Milan
Saturday 30 June, 2007

The agent of teenage sensation Alexandre Pato is in Milan for talks with both San Siro clubs, although Chelsea also want the Brazilian.

Representative Gilmar Veloz flew in to Milan this morning for negotiations, as 17-year-old Pato has set the transfer market alight with his performances for Internacional.

He has already won the Copa Libertadores and FIFA World Club Championship and was a star of the Under-20 South American Championship, won by Brazil in January.

“Pato is a young player, very young, but we are not the only important club who like him,” noted Milan boss Carlo Ancelotti on Friday.

Inter are also preparing a firm £17m bid for what many have referred to as ‘the new Kaka’, but Chelsea are in the frame too.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
teis said:

simply because weah Jr and Bloudek didnt cost us 17m

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
Jivara said:
simply because weah Jr and Bloudek didnt cost us 17m

The price is pumped alot .. his price is probably around 4-6 million euro.. same money we payed for Ricky Kaka..

sivlE

Volunteer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
The Entire AC Milan Squad
For people in Canada:

The Brazil v. Poland FIFA U-20 World Cup Match will be shown LIVE today on TLN (Telelatino) @ 2 PM/EST.

A good chance to watch Alexandre Pato, beyond 2 minute YouTube ompilations.

MilanFan009

A.P.7.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Gattuso, Maldini, Nesta, Pato, Buffon
sivlE said:
For people in Canada:

The Brazil v. Poland FIFA U-20 World Cup Match will be shown LIVE today on TLN (Telelatino) @ 2 PM/EST.

A good chance to watch Alexandre Pato, beyond 2 minute YouTube ompilations.

Ok, thanks, Ill watch it. BTW did you get any tickets to go watch any matches for the U-20?

Dann

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
pato not involved much in the first-half poor touches and giving the ball away, hope to see an improvement in the snd half.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Well, I thought Pato was disappointing. But, this is based on only the one match I've seen him play. Yet, considering this might have been his biggest tournament yet + is his biggest tournament in his national career so far, I expected more from him. I hope he doesn't feel bigger than this tournament + is heavy-headed already.

Surely you can argue that Brazil were less creative than Liverpool at Athens, BUT, take a look at his opposite number ... The Polish forward came back to help play especially with them being down to ten men. He worked so hard, if I were to pick a forward between the two sides, I wouldn't hesitate for a second.

Yes Pato had three shots (one of which forced a save) + his partner in being inconspicuous, Jo, was much the worser. Its only been one game, hence premature, but IMO there's no way he's worth 20 mil or is ready to be part of our attack this coming season. For the future, maybe.

NEXT ...

The Jet

Reaction score
Fav. Players
madtherchot said:
Yes Pato had three shots (one of which forced a save) + his partner in being inconspicuous, Jo, was much the worser. Its only been one game, hence premature, but IMO there's no way he's worth 20 mil or is ready to be part of our attack this coming season. For the future, maybe.

NEXT ...

I disagree, i thought Jo looked far more dangerous and omposing in and around the box. I honestly believe Pato looked and possibly felt a bit lost around the pitch. He showed a few good touches and some shots but I wouldnt say he set the night alight. I agree he's definitely not worth 20mill and he probably will be one for the future. Some maturity is prob required.
On the flipside did anyone get a look at the kid called Lima, now he was impressive. He really looked up for the game and showed some exquisite technical ability. Must say i liked him alot.

Oh and that Polish goal was immense. Gotta say pitch perfect!

jasiom

AC Milan Capitan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini (always), Ambrosini, Pato, Huntelaar.
Bartek

Fifa U-20 World Cup
POLAND 1-0 BRAZIL (with alexandre Pato)

...and what about Polish players? Goalkeepers for instance, Bartosz Białkowski of Southampton could fit in as 2nd/3rd GK behind DIDA. and would be for the future... :-)

Schedule