Tennis

Should women be paid the same sum as men in Grand Slams?

• Total voters

Besfort

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I always was a Lleyton Hewitt fan. He was the youngest male to be ranked number one. As for this one, I'm rooting for Federrer.

FC Nuri

Forza Milahhhh
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All the crazy characters of the Milan show.
Federer will win on the hardcourt in a night match. Nadal will not be able to generate enough top spin to worry Federer and Federer's overall more versatile game will come out on top.

Axl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I like Federer in this one(also rooting for him).

If this was the US Open then the Fed-express would have been a huge favourite, since the quicker surface of Flushing Meadows doesn't suit Nadal's game at all. The hard-court surface in Melbourne is a slower than New York, but still Fed is the favourite IMO, as his record shows (He has won 8 out of 8 hard-court Grand Slam finals). He won't blow him out of the water though, I expect Rafa to fight tough for it.

I think Fed will probably go down in history as the greatest of all time and he will almost certainly beat Sampras' Grand Slam record. Rafa is a great player too, one of the greatest clay courters(if not the greatest) ever, his heavy topspin and court movement make him almost impossible to beat on that surface.

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
DONIPPO! Please come back to us for more.

Federer FTW! As mentioned million times I cannot tolerate someone scratching his ass constantly on a tennis field. Taking GS title-recond on par with Sampras(not my favourite as well) is just a bonus.

Cheers m8. Will do.

Once everyone gets by any personal nuances Nadal and Federer employ on the court, and just focus on what these two have done....one must stand in awe. These two men have won 14 of the last 15 Grand Slams. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Nadal is quite simply the modern day Bjorn Borg. For many of you younger people Borg possessed an indomitable touch (with a wooden raquet no less) and was close to unbeatable on both Grass and Clay (6 Roland Garros title and 5 Wimbeldon titles). What Nadal did last year (French & Wimbeldon double), Borg did 3 consecutive years. :eek:

Federer really belongs to a class of his own. The Maradona of tennis if you will. He is a complete package on every level and every surface. Players like Sampras, Mcenroe, Edberg, and Becker never won the French Open, but none of them advanced to 3 straight French Open finals. Federer has the unfortunate luck of being in the same era as the greatest clay court player of all-time Nadal.

There is so much fascination with this rivalry and it lookes as if it will continue for at least 2 or 3 more years. By that time Roger will be 30 and the end will be near, so I am enjoying it while it lasts.

As for the 2009 Stralya Open...tough not to like Federer. Nadal's semifinal win looked exhausting and most importantly....this surface (Hard) is owned by Roger. I can see Roger winning in 4 sets.

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
Vamos Ramos.

Couldn't keep track of the Australian Open this year, but surely I'm rooting for Nadal. Even though he isn't playing on the ground he likes, but I do fancy his chances. All that it depends is his stamina in the last match, it's usually his strong point, but after 5 hours and federer having more rest I have my doubts.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Federer FTW! As mentioned million times I cannot tolerate someone scratching his ass constantly on a tennis field. Taking GS title-recond on par with Sampras(not my favourite as well) is just a bonus.
:D (can't believe I'm not the only one that won't support Nadal for that reason). In the Davies Cup final between them an Argentina they made this site http://loscalzonesdenadal.com/ , it's in spanish (the site is called Nadal's knickers), and it shows Del Potro imitating him.

N3d0

Allegri al Massimo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rino Gattuso, Mirko Vučinić, Stevan Jovetić, Prince Boa, Stefan Savić, Noce
I don't know how can someone not like Rafa? I mean he could catch fucking bullet how fast he is! Vamos Rafa show them who's the new king! :D

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AH....Rafa bags it home....

Vamos Rafa!

aelley

fuck u rosetti!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini Kaka' Gourcuff Mauro Zarate
federer need to hire back his ex-coach..so sad that he lost again tonight :(

Axl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Well even though I'm a Federer fan, full credit to Nadal for winning that, the guy played almost 10 hours of tennis in 3 days.

Things aren't looking too good for Rog at the moment, you could tell today that even he feels that Rafa has his number.

At the highest levels tennis is really a mental game (there have been dozens of super talented tennis players who never fulfilled their potential because they weren't strong enough mentally) and Rafa has the edge on that over Federer. I think Mads Wilander summed it up best today when he said: "Federer is the better tennis player, but Nadal is the much tougher competitor".

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Damn.. I hate Nadal. What's wrong with Federer? He lost it... really

nadal is 1 of most inshape athletes in world.... guy doesnt quite or slow down... credit it somewhat ti age... but the guy has NO quit and takes it to another level... federer is technically the best tennis player ive EVER seen (better than sampras, agassi etc etc. I dont go back to bjorg, mcenroe etc but m dad does and he agrees w/ me)

Federer has no weaknesses at all... but he is human, and for me nadal seems unhumane.... cause he can run the way no1 else can and play as aggressive 4 hours in

N3d0

Allegri al Massimo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rino Gattuso, Mirko Vučinić, Stevan Jovetić, Prince Boa, Stefan Savić, Noce
Fuck Serena! :D Sharapova FTW! Too bad she couldn't make it this time.

ριρρσ мισ

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Zola, Chiesa, Inzaghi, Buffon, Kaka, Ambrosini, Gattuso, Paloschi, Serginho, Borriello
Fuck Serena! :D Sharapova FTW! Too bad she couldn't make it this time.
Unfortunately she pulled up too sore over the off season warned her not to spend time with me until post Australian Open. Oh well *sigh*.

julia22

Life is now xD
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan's, Totti, Aquilani, Fabregas, Rosicky, Luca Toni, Vargas, De Rossi, Agüero, Bojan
ριρρσ мισ;550906 said:
I love Federer but FFS stop crying!

i love him too and i love rafa, and i wanted rafa to win but that federer moment was really emotional :cry: i never expected for that :cry: Roger you're already a champion!! :proud:

Sophie

chiamato Mr X
Reaction score
Fav. Players
everyone always
so so so happy to see Fed beat Murray :D I don't really mind who wins the second semi, but I'm hoping for Roger to win tomorrow :)

it was a bit of a masterclass today (or yesterday now I guess) :cool:

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
Djockovic was awesome against Nadal. Federer was great too.

Should be a good final.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Djockovic was awesome against Nadal. Federer was great too.

Should be a good final.

Watched from 6-1 5-5 and in crunch time Federer just took what's his. Would be surprised if someone can win him at US Open.

Sophie

chiamato Mr X
Reaction score
Fav. Players
everyone always
the final was so good from Fed, am so happy he won :D

the US Open should be his :D

goja

Im back baby
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Nesta, Pippo, Pirlo, De Sciglio
i respect federer, and prefer him to nadal anyday, but i was rooting for djokovic. some serbian flavour in tennis :p its a pity he crumbled so easily in front of federer though, i was expecting a more competitive match.

hopefully we'll get a repeat of this final in the US open.

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nadal will be back;)

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Watched from 6-1 5-5 and in crunch time Federer just took what's his. Would be surprised if someone can win him at US Open.

Yeah, if he plays like that then he will destroy everyone.

Scary thing is, in the first set where he won 6-1 he only had about 40% of first serves in :eek:

He is one Masters Series title away from equalling the record held by Andre Aggasi.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
The us open should be interesting this year , i hope both Federer&Nadal give there best performances.

Any one saw the advertisement for this tournament on eurosport ?It really pumps u up :D

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Wimbledon > US Open > French Open > Aussie Open.

Just saying...

Schedule