Official Formula One thread

Rex

Reaction score
Forget Monaco;let's face European GP! :D ;)

Next Round, European GP at Nurburgring on May 30, 2004.

Rest for week and European GP welcomes once again in 2004 calendar. Renault's Trulli' success for his first career win at Monte Carlo expects he could done well again in order to close the gap of driver's table. But Nurburgring is permanent circuit, F2004 still to be considered the best car plus Schumi certainly highly motivated to pay back his failure to finish in homeland.

Nurburgring had been modernized; its facilities and safety factor get credit plus in particular..

Rex

Reaction score
Anyway Schumi takes his 60th poles-5 to go to belongs 65th's Ayrton. Surprisingly Japanese Takuma Sato also on front row behind the world champion. Jarno Trulli, who shone at Monte Carlo came up on third place. ;)

Here are 2004 European GP qualifying results:

Pos No Driver Team Time/Retired

1 1 Michael Schumacher Ferrari 1:28.351

2 10 Takuma Sato BAR-Honda 1:28.986

3 7 Jarno Trulli Renault 1:29.135

4 6 Kimi Räikkönen McLaren-Mercedes 1:29.137

5 9 Jenson Button BAR-Honda 1:29.245

6 8 Fernando Alonso Renault 1:29.313

7 2 Rubens Barrichello Ferrari 1:29.353

8 3 Juan Pablo Montoya Williams-BMW 1:29.354

9 4 Ralf Schumacher Williams-BMW 1:29.459

10 17 Olivier Panis Toyota 1:29.697

11 16 Cristiano da Matta Toyota 1:29.706

12 15 Christian Klien Jaguar-Cosworth 1:31.431

13 18 Nick Heidfeld Jordan-Ford 1:31.604

14 14 Mark Webber Jaguar-Cosworth 1:31.797

15 19 Giorgio Pantano Jordan-Ford 1:31.979

16 12 Felipe Massa Sauber-Petronas 1:31.982

17 21 Zsolt Baumgartner Minardi-Cosworth 1:34.398

18 5 David Coulthard McLaren-Mercedes No time

19 11 Giancarlo Fisichella Sauber-Petronas No time

20 20 Gianmaria Bruni Minardi-Cosworth Time deleted

formula1.com

jazz_iz_4eva_milanisti

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini
well done schumi...back on top!

i'm very surprised that bar didn't do better in qualifying because they have been so strong in ll free practices and though they haven't exactly done (with taku on the front row) they really should have had a pole sitter.

should be a good race. will be good to see the renaults have one of their usual amazing starts and see where they end up after the first corner. trulli has been better than alonso so far this season don't you think. and that's not only because he won at monaco but generally because he has outqualified him and improved his race performances

Rex

Reaction score
B.A.R Honda and Renault; two teams has been paid much attention by Schumi compared to Williams or even McLaren. B.A.R Honda; from crappy teams last year comes up the contender for trying of taking Schumi & Ferrari's authorities over the years.

I wouldn't jugde at present about two drivers of Renault. The overall season hasn't over yet, but Renault always brought points in round each they'd been followed. That's their plus point.

MookyRookie

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
GOOD LUCK BAR HONDA!!
HOPE THAT SATO CAN USE HIS GOOD START POSITION TO FINISH ON THE PODIUM, BUTTON IS THE NEW FORCE IN FORMULA 1, LIKE WHAT RAIKONNEN WAS LAST YEAR

r3dman

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini
If Schumacher is that great then he should follow the example of Valentino Rossi and go to a weak team and struggle to show his greatness!!! :)

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
(teams); Milan, Barca, Man Utd, South Melbourne
r3dman said:
If Schumacher is that great then he should follow the example of Valentino Rossi and go to a weak team and struggle to show his greatness!!! :)

No he shouldnt.

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Andressa M (Bra)

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Ronaldo, R. Carlos, J. César, Maldini
Melbourne said:
Mark Webber :cool:

Wow! He's hot, irresistible!
mark_webber.jpg

4791.jpg

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Andressa M (Bra) said:
Melbourne said:

mark_webber.jpg

4791.jpg

And Australian. :cool:

He came 7th in a shit box. Next season in a swet car will be great.

r3dman

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini
Melbourne said:
r3dman said:

No he shouldnt.

For God sakes if you don't agree give some arguments. All you ever say is: "No he isn't" or "No he shouldn't" ! :conf:

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
r3dman said:
Melbourne said:
r3dman said:

No he shouldnt.

For God sakes if you don't agree give some arguments. All you ever say is: "No he isn't" or "No he shouldn't" ! :conf:

Shall we have a full fleged debate?

MookyRookie

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
but the formula 1 is a different wage range, maybe what Schumi in 1 year earns is even more than what the whole moto gp guys get... hes one of the highest paid sportmen in the world, and unfortunately the most teams cant give him what Scuderria Ferrari does :rolleyes:
both Schumis to Toyota, Michael and Ralf, and TOyota can pay them both 20-30 million per year :eek:

Rex

Reaction score
r3dman said:

Your statement made me laugh!! :rolleyes: :D When was the first time you see F1, let me know?Why should follow Rossi?Don't you get it F1 is different from MotoGP?

I must tell you that Schumi had done his "greatness" as you said. He drove Benetton that during two straight years he made record for his two straight world champions (the season of 1994 & 1995). And Benetton, mind you..was mediocre team until he joined and turned it out to be the better team. Same did thing when joined Ferrari in 1996. Ferrari was completely one level below Williams or McLaren at that time. But what happened next?Scuderia slowly but sure becomes superior than any teams exist on the track. He-and his 'confidant management' (Ross Brawn, Paolo Martinelli, Rory Byrne, Jean Todt, etc) by the time at successful Benetton also brought to join Scuderia. That's their 'power' within. ;)

Well I must say, it's brilliant move by Montoya when race started!!Couldn't control the car, late braking and hit his team-mate, Ralf Schumacher. :o :rolleyes: He had the audacity to show his 'wildie'!!

Toast for 76th career win! :beer: :cool: And Rubinho made me smile... ;)

MookyRookie

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Rex said:
r3dman said:

Your statement made me laugh!! :rolleyes: :D When was the first time you see F1, let me know?Why should follow Rossi?Don't you get it F1 is different from MotoGP?

I must tell you that Schumi had done his "greatness" as you said. He drove Benetton that during two straight years he made record for his two straight world champions (the season of 1994 & 1995). And Benetton, mind you..was mediocre team until he joined and turned it out to be the better team. Same did thing when joined Ferrari in 1996. Ferrari was completely one level below Williams or McLaren at that time. But what happened next?Scuderia slowly but sure becomes superior than any teams exist on the track. He-and his 'confidant management' (Ross Brawn, Paolo Martinelli, Rory Byrne, Jean Todt, etc) by the time at successful Benetton also brought to join Scuderia. That's their 'power' within. ;)

Well I must say, it's brilliant move by Montoya when race started!!Couldn't control the car, late braking and hit his team-mate, Ralf Schumacher. :o :rolleyes: He had the audacity to show his 'wildie'!!

Toast for 76th career win! :beer: :cool: And Rubinho made me smile... ;)
Rubinho drives constantly on the 2nd place always behind his teammate Schumi I,
YeP no doubt that was Montoyas fault when he hit Ralf in the first curve, and also did like it was not his fault, playing the not guilty :head: lol
Montoya will switch to McLaren maybe hes already there with his mind :mad: who knows if a switch would improve his chances to beocme world champion one day, McLaren is unbelievable sh!t this year...
Schumi = God in formula 1 :devil2:

pixiraver

Acmilan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldinho, okocha, shevchenko, inzaghi, maradona, romario
Must shumi dominate everything and what kind of car does ferrari manufacture that they have to dominate the formula 1 ? :head:

r3dman

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini
Rex said:
He drove Benetton that during two straight years he made record for his two straight world champions (the season of 1994 & 1995). And Benetton, mind you..was mediocre team until he joined and turned it out to be the better team. Same did thing when joined Ferrari in 1996. Ferrari was completely one level below Williams or McLaren at that time. But what happened next?Scuderia slowly but sure becomes superior than any teams exist on the track. He-and his 'confidant management' (Ross Brawn, Paolo Martinelli, Rory Byrne, Jean Todt, etc) by the time at successful Benetton also brought to join Scuderia. That's their 'power' within. ;)

He did it then and he could do it again. Why not. Ferrari is very well now. Michael is very, very rich. I don't think he's in it for the money anymore. And what about records. He broke them all! What not go to a small team and try to make it great. He can and he should! I think he loves competition, why not give it a shot!
Isn't it boring for everybody if the same old story repeat. He's too good at Ferrari! He will win over and over again. There's no more competition for the first place anymore.The only other option is to have another driver of his value at Ferrari. But there's no one that can compete with him in F1 at this time. I just don't see any pleasure in watchin a competition where there's no competition. You can say that there's competition for the second place, but who cares about second place. I don't. I just don't get it. I can't see a point in it anymore. I used to love F1! :devil:

r3dman

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini
Melbourne said:
r3dman said:
Melbourne said:
r3dman said:

No he shouldnt.

Well, like Rex wrote: he already showed his greatness in the past. But about him going to another team just for the challenge it envolves (not "strugglin' to show his greatness", that was a stupid statement of course) and making the show more intresting for me, at least (knowing there are others having fun watching the same boring thing every weekend), yes I would have a debate on that! If you wanted to say the same thing that Rex wrote then there's no need for a debate, is there? I WILL chose my words more carefully the next time!

Andressa M (Bra)

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Ronaldo, R. Carlos, J. César, Maldini
Melbourne said:
Andressa M (Bra) said:
Melbourne said:

mark_webber.jpg

4791.jpg

And Australian. :cool:

He came 7th in a shit box. Next season in a swet car will be great.

Oh! Of course, I know.
He's the son inlaw my mom asked for God. :D :cool:

And "7th in a shit box", that was great. hahaha
I hope he can be just getting better. He's pretty good, I like him.
But I'm still a "Ferrarista". ;)

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
r3dman said:
Rex said:
He drove Benetton that during two straight years he made record for his two straight world champions (the season of 1994 & 1995). And Benetton, mind you..was mediocre team until he joined and turned it out to be the better team. Same did thing when joined Ferrari in 1996. Ferrari was completely one level below Williams or McLaren at that time. But what happened next?Scuderia slowly but sure becomes superior than any teams exist on the track. He-and his 'confidant management' (Ross Brawn, Paolo Martinelli, Rory Byrne, Jean Todt, etc) by the time at successful Benetton also brought to join Scuderia. That's their 'power' within. ;)

He did it then and he could do it again. Why not. Ferrari is very well now. Michael is very, very rich. I don't think he's in it for the money anymore. And what about records. He broke them all! What not go to a small team and try to make it great. He can and he should! I think he loves competition, why not give it a shot!
Isn't it boring for everybody if the same old story repeat. He's too good at Ferrari! He will win over and over again. There's no more competition for the first place anymore.The only other option is to have another driver of his value at Ferrari. But there's no one that can compete with him in F1 at this time. I just don't see any pleasure in watchin a competition where there's no competition. You can say that there's competition for the second place, but who cares about second place. I don't. I just don't get it. I can't see a point in it anymore. I used to love F1! :devil:

Nope. As the other guy stated He has already done the 'succed form the bottum'. He has done very well and is going to contiune to do well. I never thought he "was in it for the money".

Micheal is a awsome driver, yes the care is good, yes its better than anyone elses but he is still fantastic.

He has nothing to prove to anyone, espcially people just as yourself. He should do what he wants.

r3dman

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini
Melbourne said:
He has nothing to prove to anyone, espcially people just as yourself. He should do what he wants.

If you don't know me, don't judge me! :mad:And that's your argument? "He should do what he wants"? :conf: WEAK!!! :head: You're a ... nevermind! I have nothing more to say to you from now on!

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Melbourne said:
... He has done very well and is going to contiune to do well. I never thought he "was in it for the money".

He is very much in it for the money. Guess why he is residing in Switzerland (+ in Monte Carlo before) + not Germany ? ;)

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Passion for *9* said:
Melbourne said:
... He has done very well and is going to contiune to do well. I never thought he "was in it for the money".

He is very much in it for the money. Guess why he is residing in Switzerland (+ in Monte Carlo before) + not Germany ? ;)

Becasue is a far better place to live.

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
r3dman said:
Melbourne said:

If you don't know me, don't judge me! :mad:And that's your argument? "He should do what he wants"? :conf: WEAK!!! :head: You're a ... nevermind! I have nothing more to say to you from now on!

Im shattered.

People like you = people which thinks he should change teams. People which believe Micheal should race for somebody shit.

My argument is he has already started off at a poor/average team and done very well. he also took Ferrari from a 2nd class team (a class under the tops teams) to the best team while making himself aruable they best ever.

He was nothing to prove, nor should be change teams.

unrossonero

vüsa minga!
Reaction score
Melbourne said:
Passion for *9* said:
Melbourne said:

lol :D :D

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
unrossonero said:
Melbourne said:
Passion for *9* said:
Melbourne said:

lol :D :D

In my opion of course :)

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Melbourne said:
Passion for *9* said:

If you substitute better place to live with tax paradise you may have a point :o

Rex

Reaction score
r3dman said:
Melbourne said:
r3dman said:
Melbourne said:
r3dman said:

No he shouldnt.

Well, like Rex wrote: he already showed his greatness in the past. But about him going to another team just for the challenge it envolves (not "strugglin' to show his greatness", that was a stupid statement of course) and making the show more intresting for me, at least (knowing there are others having fun watching the same boring thing every weekend), yes I would have a debate on that! If you wanted to say the same thing that Rex wrote then there's no need for a debate, is there? I WILL chose my words more carefully the next time!

Please, whining about something he should seek a challenge to small teams and trying to make them great is impossible!!What do you expect from all about?Just fulfill your emotion for once again flashback your memory what he done well in '94-'95?Asking him to drive Minardi? :rolleyes:

The main boring problem for you is you only see/judge in one side of perspective in a way. Scuderia succeed runs their evolution of their research&development over the years not just like revolution as looks other top teams does which their 'principle' hasn't been showing yet remarkable progress to say at least. Scuderia succeeds of creating manufactures of improvised developing adjust to new regulation this year. Other teams, (I'm judging temporarily of their looks..) you just look new radical front nose of Williams, results?Unexpectable performs, added human error of driving style, engine performs are 'different' than last years'. McLaren, the first launch of new look but Kimi once told the media that he was becoming a pessimist when practicing session. Old 'disease' always makes them struggling; weakness reliability...as you watch their displays of their DNF once again at Nurburgring. B.A.R Honda and Renault are now becoming top teams; one step ahead of Williams and McLaren..(seeing their consistency displays of bringing the points), great package of cars...(thumb ups for R&D technology..)

Besides asking Schumi moves to small teams will be long debate than any of you expected. Wouldn't take for granted you would find the answer.

So I'm asking you to see other managing or technical directors' teams in order to make great package to be able to 'challenge' Scuderia. B.A.R Honda and Renault have already answered it this season...

Rex

Reaction score
pixiraver said:
Must shumi dominate everything and what kind of car does ferrari manufacture that they have to dominate the formula 1 ? :head:

I keep searching the answer. But his 'confidant management' couldn't be separated of their successful R&D. I would say it's brilliant, people only see their cars aren't much more different from last year. It does, but small-effect briliant details of their 'evolution' development is something about than anyone expected. ;)

Schedule