The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Football

Football Talk about the wonderful game.

Old 03-10-2017, 12:39   #3841
necromancer
Defence of Champions

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Did FIGC change the logo? Bonucci tweeted this image:

Looks far better.

Signature
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 22:54   #3842
joyrider
Il Moderati

Italy’s Simone Verdi ‘can only improve,’ according to Bologna sporting director Riccardo Bigon.

The 25-year-old, who signed for the Rossoblu last year from Milan, is back in the Azzurri squad after doing enough to impress national boss Giampiero Ventura.

And speaking about the attacking midfielder’s call up for the matches against Macedonia and Albania, Bigon said the player deserves his recognition.

“For us it means a lot, but also for him,” the official began.

“He deserved this call up, there was some scepticism about him last year but we know about his great talent.

“He has shown his quality. Last year he had an injury and that was an obstacle for his development.

“He has come back well and is a boy who wants to get to the top.

“This year, with his feet on the ground and with his head in the right place, he can only improve.”

We should get him as RW if Suso leaves.
joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 20:09   #3843
AndreiX
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Allen Iverson

w8 what ? verdi ?
AndreiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 13:15   #3844
Polotelli
#forevermario

Italy in Nations League top tier

Wrong thread obviously, but wtf is Nations League?
Polotelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 13:38   #3845
Ronin
Flying over Kuco nest

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polotelli View Post

something to replace International friendlies

Signature
We practice unpopular culture,that is honour, courage and commitment!
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 14:18   #3846
joyrider
Il Moderati

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polotelli View Post

Old 11-11-2017, 01:58   #3847
Massaro94
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Weah Gullit Rijkaard Boban Savicevic Baresi Kaka Shevchenko Suarez Tevez

Signature
Massaro94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 12:01   #3848
acm55
Rossonero

Ventura: 'Result changes nothing'
By Football Italia staff

Giampiero Ventura maintains Italy’s 1-0 defeat to Sweden “changes nothing” in the World Cup play-off and defended Marco Verratti.

Jakob Johansson scored the only goal of the game in Solna with a shot deflected past Gigi Buffon by Daniele De Rossi, so need to win at San Siro on Monday and avoid conceding an away goal to reach the World Cup.

“Today we could’ve done more and done it better, but there was a lot at stake over the 180 minutes,” said the Coach in his Press conference.

“We wanted to control certain situations, and when we did that, we entered into the penalty area fairly easily. When we didn’t do it, due also to the physicality of the Swedish side… it was a little chaotic, but Buffon didn’t make a save.

“The result is irritating, because it could’ve been different. Andrea Belotti’s header was wide from six yards, Matteo Darmian hit the post… We have 90 minutes to turn it around and we’ll see where we are at the end.

“The speed of the passing can be improved, but when you score a goal, the spaces open up. We knew that Sweden had the upper hand over us physically and we did suffer a little, as they knocked it down and would cause chaos.”

Some changes are forced for the second leg in Milan on Monday, because Marco Verratti is suspended.

“We will change some things, but the system needs to be put aside, what counts now is the desire and determination to turn the result around. I hope we’ll achieve that with help from the crowd and more fair play from the opposition.”

Lorenzo Insigne revealed he was asked to replace Marco Verratti in midfield for the final 15 minutes. Not only was the Paris Saint-Germain star disappointing on the night, he was also booked and will miss the second leg.

“Verratti is coming in from a team that plays in a certain way with other players. In 48 hours he has to radically change the way he takes to the field. I don’t judge and I don’t feel he should be criticised today, but clearly we can all improve.

“In the locker room I saw the players were angry. They know we could’ve had a different result and they want to achieve it. That starts from Buffon, who has a ferocious hunger. We were surprised by Sweden’s physicality, but we know what we’re going in to now.

“The result changes nothing. We had some ‘certainties’ and this game confirmed if you do them well, they pay off. It also confirmed there are some areas where we need to improve.

“We’ve barely had a chance to train, but we need to watch this game back and realise all the things we should’ve done better.

“I am not surprised by the way Sweden interpreted the game, as I knew they would do this. In defensive terms, we allowed practically nothing, because I don’t remember a Buffon save. We could’ve done better in some moments, but what we didn’t do today, we trust will be done on Monday.

“Sweden always play the same way, but we moved too slowly to take advantage and the spaces closed up. There are a thousand chances to turn this around.

“Pressure is perennial in Italy, that’s just how the game works. It’s not the media’s fault if we didn’t get a result.”

Ventura complained in his immediate post-match interview that referee Cuneyt Cakir was too lenient on the Swedish roughhousing.

“Overall it was ok, but it allowed Sweden to move the game away from the technical to the physical. If a player has a probable fractured nose, then evidently he didn’t do that by himself.”

Signature
FORZA MILAN!
acm55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2017, 18:54   #3849
acm55
Rossonero

Official: Ventura sacked by Italy
By Football Italia staff

The FIGC has officially confirmed that Giampiero Ventura has been sacked as Italy CT.

The Coach became the first man to fail to take the Azzurri to the World Cup, as the last time that happened was 1958, when the team was picked by a selection committee.

While the former Torino boss refused to resign in the immediate aftermath, but a meeting of the FIGC and the various leagues was held in Rome today, and the CT has now officially been dismissed.

"As the first point of order of the day, [FIGC President Carlo] Tavecchio communicated the choice on the guidance of the Azzurri and, as of today, Giampiero Ventura is no longer the Commissario Tecnico of the national team,” a Press release confirmed.

Signature
FORZA MILAN!
acm55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2017, 19:56   #3850
joyrider
Il Moderati

What a terrible way to go
Old 15-11-2017, 20:23   #3851
Ronin
Flying over Kuco nest

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

I don't know what they were thinking of when hiring him in the 1st place.

Signature
Old 16-11-2017, 00:02   #3852
Massaro94
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Weah Gullit Rijkaard Boban Savicevic Baresi Kaka Shevchenko Suarez Tevez

Quote:
Originally Posted by yagami7gnr View Post
which team is better than Italy:

- Argentina: No. Multiple attacking options but a shaky defense and midfield especially without Messi.

- Brazil: They are a joke right now plus this is a team where only 1 player can standout.

- Spain: Yes with DeGea starting. No with Casillas starting.

- Germany: Yes but they are struggling right now.

- France: Lots of talent but they cannot put it together so far. In par with Italy.
Add Peru, Wales, and Poland to that list

http://www.fifa.com/fifa-world-ranki...men/index.html

Signature
Massaro94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2017, 14:50   #3853
joyrider
Il Moderati

The FIGC had reportedly booked a hotel in Russia for the World Cup, which could now be taken by Denmark after Italy failed to qualify.

Old 16-11-2017, 15:32   #3854
Casualista
Monsieur

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyrider View Post
The FIGC had reportedly booked a hotel in Russia for the World Cup, which could now be taken by Denmark after Italy failed to qualify.

Casualista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2017, 15:39   #3855
Casualista
Monsieur

As a true milanista, it will be difficult rooting against Italy if maldini takes charge as the new FIGC head...

naaaaah

Fooook Italy

Casualista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2017, 16:32   #3856
Colossus
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva

Reform needed in Italian football off the top of my head:
1- big clubs need reserve sides to bridge the gigantic gap between primavera and first team
2- the big clubs that actually play Italian players need to qualify for CL on a regular basis (milan and juventus) and I guess inter to a lesser extent just because they aren’t a provincial team like Roma or Napoli
3- not familiar with grassroots coaching or scouting in comparison to Germany for example, but I suspect this can be improved.
Colossus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2017, 20:15   #3857
Nestafan
Long Hair > Mohawk

Fav. Players: Nesta, Ibra, Crespo, Pirlo. Current AC - Jack, Romagnoli, Suso, Loca, Abate, Storari.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casualista View Post
As a true milanista, it will be difficult rooting against Italy if maldini takes charge as the new FIGC head...

naaaaah

Fooook Italy

So you are a Milan fan, I always wondered.

Signature
Nestafan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2017, 21:16   #3858
yagami7gnr
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casualista View Post

naaaaah

Fooook Italy

As long as they do not get another 3-5-2 junkie-coach, I think they will be ok.

Signature
"If ignorance is bliss; then, knock the smile off my face"
yagami7gnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2017, 21:19   #3859
yagami7gnr
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus View Post
Reform needed in Italian football off the top of my head:
1- big clubs need reserve sides to bridge the gigantic gap between primavera and first team
2- the big clubs that actually play Italian players need to qualify for CL on a regular basis (milan and juventus) and I guess inter to a lesser extent just because they aren’t a provincial team like Roma or Napoli
3- not familiar with grassroots coaching or scouting in comparison to Germany for example, but I suspect this can be improved.
Like I said years ago when you have a team in serie B team full of 38-42 years old player and starting, you know that something is fucked up. Unfortunately Italian coaches value experience over youth.

Signature
"If ignorance is bliss; then, knock the smile off my face"
yagami7gnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2017, 21:45   #3860
Ronin
Flying over Kuco nest

So Ventura wanted to sub in De Rossi?

Liked his reaction tho

Signature