The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Football

Football Talk about the wonderful game.

Old 04-05-2008, 04:36   #21
adriancg
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Buffon, Fábregas, Rino, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Zidane, Kaká, R9, Pato, Agüero, Thiago Silva, Jovetic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trd5o...eature=related

:3
adriancg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 04:37   #22
vani_pirlo_21
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: All Milan, all River Plate, Aimar, Saviola, Montenegro, Lugano,

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezekiel2517
i find it hilarious that you believe beating Mexico is such an achievement and for what i read it was nothing but a tie

i did not know our national team made it to the semifinals in the World Cup, did you mean in the America Cup?
as far as I know and been told by grandpa and dad, we reached the semifinals when we hosted it in 1986 and 1970... I'm sure about 1986, not so much in 1970, I'll check it later with my dad

Signature

Thanks Hanna!
vani_pirlo_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 04:45   #23
ezekiel2517
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: I lost the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vani_pirlo_21
as far as I know and been told by grandpa and dad, we reached the semifinals when we hosted it in 1986 and 1970... I'm sure about 1986, not so much in 1970, I'll check it later with my dad
we were in quarter finals during 86.

i don't know about the 70's though.
ezekiel2517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 04:49   #24
zZ[-_-]Zz
¤ Gli Invicibili ¤

Fav. Players: Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten

Forza Milan...

Last edited by zZ[-_-]Zz; 22-06-2008 at 14:42.
zZ[-_-]Zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 04:50   #25
vani_pirlo_21
AC Milan Legend

^
lol sorry... yeah, that was our best
we were beaten by Germany in the quarterfinals

I blame it on the fact that I'm told about these WC's when I'm really sleepy waiting for breakfast in a slow Sanborns (restaurant) on a Saturday

Signature

Thanks Hanna!
Old 04-05-2008, 04:57   #26
ezekiel2517
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by zZ[-_-]Zz
Mexico never made it to the SFs in 1970 & 1986... they got to the QFs both times only to lose...
thanks for making it crystal clear
Old 04-05-2008, 05:08   #27
crazy4milan
Exotic Stevie G

Fav. Players: Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida

I know that in 1970 it was when you finally were able to either get a goal, get a win, or get a point in a WC after long awaits.

Now, if we are going to talk about beating Mexico () this one is wayyy better than Panama's: http://youtube.com/watch?v=fw8j45m-sOg&feature=related (biased is not even close to describe this). June 16, 2001, first time a Concacaf team beats Mexico in the Azteca, first time since the 80's any NT beats Mexico there...and damn it, the last goal was offside, a detail that made it more sweet-and no one acknowledge it -, but the fact that the guy that scored it said "Ya no son los gigantes" some days before made it a classic. And we top everyone in that qualification.

That's the dream qualification for anyone from a small country, playing awesome football, almost demolishing everyone you faced, and playing great in a WC were your opponents ended 3rd and 1st place (and you only missed the second round because of goal difference). What we did from Jan 01 till June 02 was just too good.

Quote:
Sanborns (restaurant) on a Saturday
Sanborns is delicious!

Last edited by crazy4milan; 04-05-2008 at 05:11.
crazy4milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 05:16   #28
vani_pirlo_21
AC Milan Legend

^^
that's more of a feat, but yeah Costa Rica's got a good leg to lean on in this kind of arguement

what I don't like about the NT is that sometimes they feel over confident against a "smaller" team and that's not a good idea, I think LaVolpe tried but that was really difficult to do with Hugo who loves to remind everyone his time at Madrid and his pichichis and all

PS: are there Sanborns in Costa Rica? damn, I've understimated Slim's work on Sanborns lol

Signature

Thanks Hanna!
Old 04-05-2008, 05:26   #29
ezekiel2517
AC Milan Legend

if there are, don't choke on the coffee
Old 04-05-2008, 05:42   #30
crazy4milan
Exotic Stevie G

Quote:
^^
that's more of a feat, but yeah Costa Rica's got a good leg to lean on in this kind of arguement
For sometime like from 1992 till 2003 you weren't able to beat us

Quote:
what I don't like about the NT is that sometimes they feel over confident against a "smaller" team and that's not a good idea, I think LaVolpe tried but that was really difficult to do with Hugo who loves to remind everyone his time at Madrid and his pichichis and all
It happens to all NT, we have had our fair share of overconfidence against several countries from Central America, the Caribbean, and Canada. Hard lessons.

If we weren't so crap right now, I would have loved to face Hugo with our NT (wait a minute we did, we ended with 8 players-first time I even seen someone from CR getting sent off, let alone 3- and you beat us in XT in the Gold Cup, Hugo was very very bad ).

Quote:
PS: are there Sanborns in Costa Rica? damn, I've understimated Slim's work on Sanborns lol
Actually, I went to Mexico back in December 2002, my mom took me there (apparently it's very old, cause she knew it since she lived in Mexico back in the 70's), and we basically ate in all of the Sanborns in DF and one in Acapulco. 2 years ago a Sanborns in Costa Rica was almost secure, but I'm yet to see one.
Old 04-05-2008, 05:49   #31
vani_pirlo_21
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4milan
If we weren't so crap right now, I would have loved to face Hugo with our NT (wait a minute we did, we ended with 8 players-first time I even seen someone from CR getting sent off, let alone 3- and you beat us in XT in the Gold Cup, Hugo was very very bad ).
He's only got the fact that he's adored cause of his playing career but he has no idea of tactics and such, he doomed his time at the NT by saying he would make us World Champions

Quote:
Actually, I went to Mexico back in December 2002, my mom took me there (apparently it's very old, cause she knew it since she lived in Mexico back in the 70's), and we basically ate in all of the Sanborns in DF and one in Acapulco. 2 years ago a Sanborns in Costa Rica was almost secure, but I'm yet to see one.
Oh yeah, Sanborns is REALLY old, it's very traditional... it's about a 100 years old
did u try the chilaquiles? those are great

Signature

Thanks Hanna!
Old 04-05-2008, 09:40   #32
Wild
*Rejuvenation*

Fav. Players: Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba

Funny thread

Signature
Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 13:12   #33
JUANES
BARCA HATER

Fav. Players: Crespo, Sheva, Gila, Kaká, Pippo, ballack, webó, tejada and myself

Quote:
^^

yeah

also in panama there is one...specifically in "multiplaza". what i have been told is that..well... the food is good.

so on the other half...i didnt meant to hurt you vani pirlo or any other mexican...i just go biased and overhyped...jeje

hey by the way...why not rename this thread to "CONCACAF FOOTBALL DISCUSSION" since there is a lot of guys here from mexico, panama, costa rica and others.

just a suggestion.

and wild? why is it a funny thread?

Signature
JUANES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 16:34   #34
crazy4milan
Exotic Stevie G

Changed the name of the thread as Juanes suggested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUANES

also in panama there is one...specifically in "multiplaza". what i have been told is that..well... the food is good.
You also have a "Multiplaza"? I thought they were only in here, Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUANES
so on the other half...i didnt meant to hurt you vani pirlo or any other mexican...i just go biased and overhyped...jeje
Hey when it comes to my moments of proudness with my teams I'm always biased and overhyped. Let's just try to forget our historical football rivalries, or at least be more cautious.

So how to people feel with Guimaraes being the coach of Panama? (he is one of my favorites, lamentably many people hated him in here, and that is also not helping this people realize how good his son is).
Old 04-05-2008, 18:08   #35
ezekiel2517
AC Milan Legend

i don't follow CONCACAF much. for example: i got no idea who is Mexico's new coach

my thoughts oh Hugo - He isn't as bad as everyone makes him to be. Mexico football fans are spoiled brats, the whole "giant of CONCACAF" attitude doesn't help in any way. The team is good but just like America fans, the NT fans expect win and win, good performances here and there and just because we got a few players in Europe they want to see even more - the point of this is, look at the last game of the sub 23, what the hell could he do so the boys scored? with his tactic plenty of chances happened and goals as well... only they were not enough (by 1 goal!)

Look at Uruguay, they've had very good players in Europe for quite some time and they still manage nothing - lost the 2006 qualification to Australia - but now that we've got the likes of Giovanni Dos Santos, the team is expected to be a World Cup contender. It's the players attitude as well: again look at Giovanni, he is somewhat arrogant and believes he's as worthy as Henry.

What he does not know is that you have to prove yourself as a football player first. A "promising wonderkid" has to pass from being 'promising' to an actual proved player. Next would be Nery Castillo: he is arrogant in his way to play. He doesn't like to pass the ball around and after he's got a good chance to put a pass for another player to just push in... like Figo in his good days.

Mexico doesn't need a different coach as much as a change of attitude of the players and the fans as well, though this is very hard without a general culture change.
Old 04-05-2008, 18:20   #36
vani_pirlo_21
AC Milan Legend

It's not about the team losing... is about his personality
he's got the ego the size of the world and he didn't call the players he should have called, with his ego he affects how the players think and play those matches, so there is a need of a change of coach to change the mentality of the players
he blew it the moment he said he would make us World Champions and also when he decided to criticize La Volpe when he was in charge... if he said those then he can't complain that we want a lot and stuff like that cause he said he would achieve it
also, he blamed the u-23 team for not qualifying, what coach does that?? and why did he have to take over the youth squads?? he had enough with the senior squad and should have left the coaches of the youth squads handle them cause they know how they work and all (Jesus Ramirez)

Jesús Ramírez is the "provisional" coach until the board of directors decide who will coach leading to the WC... although I think Jesus will stay

Signature

Thanks Hanna!
Old 04-05-2008, 18:36   #37
ezekiel2517
AC Milan Legend

i see (about the coach)

i wasn't trying to defend him anyway - he is better off away from a microphone - i'm only saying he wasn't all to blame
Old 04-05-2008, 19:10   #38
Lisa
Super Moderator

Fav. Players: Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini

OK, since CONCACAF includes the US, I'll start by saying that I'm excited about the friendlies coming up this summer. They play England at Wembley, then they play Spain in Santander, and finally they'll face Argentina at Giants Stadium - three huge ones.
I'm so glad they're finally playing tougher opponents and actually going abroad to play them. That's something they rarely, if ever did under Bruce Arena.
Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 19:23   #39
JUANES
BARCA HATER

Fav. Players: Crespo, Sheva, Gila, Kaká, Pippo, ballack, webó, tejada and myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4milan
Changed the name of the thread as Juanes suggested.

You also have a "Multiplaza"? I thought they were only in here, Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador.

Hey when it comes to my moments of proudness with my teams I'm always biased and overhyped. Let's just try to forget our historical football rivalries, or at least be more cautious.

So how to people feel with Guimaraes being the coach of Panama? (he is one of my favorites, lamentably many people hated him in here, and that is also not helping this people realize how good his son is).
n

guimaraes? i think its a great coach..in fact...he is far better than cheché hernandez...which was lucky imo...

lets see...well i think panama has 2 friendlies...i think one against guatemala and other one against a commebol opponent...

i really think this team has the right components to challenge for a world cup spot. we have youngster and bunch of "legionarios" who will be a good addition.

in fact, tejada who is fat btw, is a dangerous striker even when he is fat....

luis garcés is another jewel..but he has the temperament of cassano.

blas perez...is fantastic..he moves well and in the air he is unstopable...

penedo? well penedo the goalkepper is only 28..but i think he has still some good year ahead of him...i still cant believe how he accepted to play for osasuna as their 3rd goalkeeper when one of the dely valdes brothers, who has a very good relationship with cagliari managed to get him to be the 1st choice goalkeeper for cagliari. Since penedo lives next to my best friends house in chanis, very close to my home, i told him "hey, you're gonna have to be more than lucky to stop the sheva shots!!! and kaka" that was back in 2005, but guess what the bastard did! choosed osasuna!

IDIOTA!

now he is playing for comunicaciones in guatemala as the starter..but he dumped his career for not signing for cagliari calcio.

that's why dely valdés stopped to talk to him.

i think in south africa, the 4 concacaf teams will be "usa, mexico, panama and costa rica"

WELL MULTIPLAZA has 5 years in panama and is one of the best malls centers if not the best, there is also multiwebo( although is named multicentro that is owned by a colombian consortium) and centro comercial el dorado and albrook mall plaza

Signature
JUANES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 17:45   #40
ezekiel2517
AC Milan Legend

i know this is off topic but i wanted to show it and since it's in spanish

Quote:
NERAZZURRI20 (hace 14 horas)
Ay Dios!!! Sinceramente no hallo palabras para expresar mi dolor, mi desilucion y tanta rabia q me produce esta derrota. La verdad duele mucho, he sufrido mucho a mi amado INTER en los ultimos anos y lo q me tiene al borde de un ataque de nervios es q suceda lo q no quiero ni mencionar. Pero por q tenemos q estar pasando estas penitencias si hasta hace poco lo teniamos en el bolsillo??? De todas formas tenemos q seguir alentanto y sufriendo a nuestra squadra. Creo q esta semana sera de alta tension en casa INTERISTA, planificar el juego contra el Siena mentalizados en ganar o ganar. (y si nos empatan???) Me da una risa nerviosa de imaginarlo. Vamos mi amado INTER, ganemos el Scudetto y celebremoslo a rabiar amigos interistas. Creo sin temor a equivocarme q el motivo por el cual no hemos ganado el titulo es la GRAN CANTIDAD DE LESIONES!!!! Ibra vuelve pronto. Cordial saludo amigos interistas. FORZA INTER!!! TI AMO.