The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Football

Football Talk about the wonderful game.

Old 06-05-2008, 18:02   #41
crazy4milan
Exotic Stevie G

Fav. Players: Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida

La falta de tildes en ese post es absurda, especialmente en títulos, ni que hablar de "hallo". However, I do know a lot of Interistas having similar feeling to that guy.
crazy4milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 18:21   #42
ezekiel2517
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: I lost the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4milan
La falta de tildes en ese post es absurda, especialmente en títulos, ni que hablar de "hallo". However, I do know a lot of Interistas having similar feeling to that guy.
i know a couple but his was the most painful expression of all of them.
ezekiel2517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 18:28   #43
drucurl
Banned

Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva

Forza the best Team in CONCACAF (TnT)
We'll beat England in June
drucurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 19:32   #44
drucurl
Banned

Shit!! I can't get any tickets online...all booked up I have to call an 800 number to get through

In other news Dwight Yorke came in at #11 of the top imports to England.....not a bad accomplishment at all considering who he beat The list was sponsored by the Evening Post
Top 40:

1. Eric Cantona (bullshit )
2. Dennis Bergkamp
3. Thierry Henry (another overrated shit French guy )
4. Henrik Larrson
5. Gianfranco Zola
6. Peter Schmiechel
7. Ossie Ardiles
8. Cristiano Ronaldo ( if he wins the WOPY he should be at #1 imho)
9. Jurgen Klinsmann
10. Patrick Vieira
11. Dwight Yorke
12. Ruud Gullit
13. Jaap Stam
14. Eddie Firmani
15. Paolo Di Canio
16. George Robledo
17. Bruce Grobelaar ( )
18. Ruud Van Nistelrooy
19. Robert Pires
20. Brian Laudrup
21. Didier Drogba
22. Claude Makelele
23. David Ginola
24. Andrei Kanchelskis
25. Marcel Desailly
26. Bert Trautmann
27. Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink
28. Arnold Muhren
29. Frans Thijssen
30. Jan Mřlby
31. Juninho
32. Gianluca Vialli
33. Freddie Ljungberg
34. Ole Gunnar Solskjćr (#40 you've GOT to be kidding me )
35. Michael Essien
36. Clyde Best
37. Nicolas Anelka
38. Georgi Kinkladze
39. Brad Freidel
40. Petr Cech
Old 06-05-2008, 20:56   #45
radioactivenerd
Gol de Pablitooooo

Fav. Players: Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA

larsson is #4 for the 4 months he spent in england?! wtf.

Signature

Save Us

radioactivenerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 21:02   #46
manutd fan
EPL Captain

Fav. Players: Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia

its no suprise cantona is top of that list. he was much more than an amazing player - he was the leader of the group, he was the one who helped giggs, beckham, neville, scholes, butt etc.

talent wise bergkamp might edge it - but cantona was an inspirational figure who everyone looked up to. without him we would NOT have been so dominant in the 90's.

If anything solskair should be even higher.
i would definately put shemichael higher aswell.

i'm happy for yorke aswell. him and cole were two good players combigned to make one world class combination

Last edited by manutd fan; 06-05-2008 at 21:14.
manutd fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 02:12   #47
JUANES
BARCA HATER

Fav. Players: Crespo, Sheva, Gila, Kaká, Pippo, ballack, webó, tejada and myself

well

today i just learned that Panama is going to have two friendly matches against guatemala and one against chile.

Great, considering that the guys have not had warm ups since the gold cup, besides their respective leagues.

and penedo was voted and named the best goalkeeper award in the honduran or guatemaltecan league..i still dont know which country "comunicaciones" belongs to.

against guatemala i can see us winning..but against chile..if we play like we did against venezuela..without the fight at the end of course...we should be able to do it.

Signature
JUANES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 12:50   #48
drucurl
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by manutd fan
its no suprise cantona is top of that list. he was much more than an amazing player - he was the leader of the group, he was the one who helped giggs, beckham, neville, scholes, butt etc.

talent wise bergkamp might edge it - but cantona was an inspirational figure who everyone looked up to. without him we would NOT have been so dominant in the 90's.

If anything solskair should be even higher.
i would definately put shemichael higher aswell.

i'm happy for yorke aswell. him and cole were two good players combigned to make one world class combination
I know....personally I'd have CR7 at the top....especially if you guys win the CL.. Also Ole Gunnar needs to be MUCH higher up..I did a statistical analysis of Dwight at one point and he was at the time the most prolific striker that ManU ever had in terms of goals per game.....he got forced out of United mainly because of his over-partying lifestyle rather than his form. I remember one day Fergie let him out of the doghouse vs Arsenal and he scored a hattrick...leading ManU to a 6-0 win.....of course after that Fergie sent him back to the bench
Old 07-05-2008, 13:05   #49
manutd fan
EPL Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by drucurl
I know....personally I'd have CR7 at the top....especially if you guys win the CL.. Also Ole Gunnar needs to be MUCH higher up..I did a statistical analysis of Dwight at one point and he was at the time the most prolific striker that ManU ever had in terms of goals per game.....he got forced out of United mainly because of his over-partying lifestyle rather than his form. I remember one day Fergie let him out of the doghouse vs Arsenal and he scored a hattrick...leading ManU to a 6-0 win.....of course after that Fergie sent him back to the bench
i wouldn't have ronaldo on top just yet. even if we in the league and the CL he'll have to play well for atleast a couple more seasons like shemichael did.

i watched the manutd 2000 video the other day and it reminded me of just how good yorke was.
i'll never forget the 1-2 he did with cole vs barca. its a shame him and cole couldn't carry it on for a few more seasons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysJ_VtDggpM

rooney and tevez scored a similar goal this season:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLeRF...eature=related
Old 07-05-2008, 13:52   #50
Wet Ones
Απορροφάμε

Fav. Players: Whoever helps make Milan untouchable

Quote:
Off topic, but, what I wouldn't give to watch Milan play like that. Remember the first one like it was yesterday. Manchester played two superb games against Barcelona during the group stages.
Wet Ones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 14:42   #51
manutd fan
EPL Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet Ones
Off topic, but, what I wouldn't give to watch Milan play like that. Remember the first one like it was yesterday. Manchester played two superb games against Barcelona during the group stages.
yeh, both games were 3-3, back when we went all out attack in europe.
i think that pato and kaka could link up like that for you though. kaka could have put him through atleast 3 times vs inter to create great goals.
rooney and tevez haven't had time to connect yet either, tevez is in and out of the team due to tiredness. next year they could be brilliant.

sorry for going off topic there.
Old 07-05-2008, 17:29   #52
ezekiel2517
AC Milan Legend

que no entienden que este thread es de CONCACAF
Old 07-05-2008, 17:33   #53
manutd fan
EPL Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezekiel2517
que no entienden que este thread es de CONCACAF
i was talking about dwight yorke orignally, but then did a quick reply to wet ones. sorry.
Old 07-05-2008, 17:52   #54
ezekiel2517
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
i was talking about dwight yorke orignally, but then did a quick reply to wet ones. sorry.
did you get what i said?
Old 07-05-2008, 18:22   #55
manutd fan
EPL Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezekiel2517
did you get what i said?
yes. soemthing like 'do you understand this thread is abut CONCACAF?

my grandad was italian so he kinda tough me some of the words
Old 07-05-2008, 18:46   #56
drucurl
Banned

Back on topic....the tickets for TnT vs England have sold out in two hours and I'm sure it's a bunch of prissy uppercrust don't-know-jack-about-football that bought them up.......I guess I'll be going to the Trinidad vs Bermuda game instead

P.S. I know we are going to get our asses handed to us...not even England is THAT shitty but as long as we don't lose 6-0 as did Jamaica ( our etnernal rivals) we can still boast

Forza Red( White) and Black !!!!!
Old 07-05-2008, 19:25   #57
crazy4milan
Exotic Stevie G

Fav. Players: Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida

Quote:

my grandad was italian so he kinda tough me some of the words
LOL that was in spanish (though both languages have some relation).

Yorke was awesome at his peak, but I never really got to see him at his best with the NT (I'm guessin it was because his best moments were from 98/99 and 99/00, and the eliminatories started in mid 2000, and we faced T&T in 01), and he did went down quickly too.
crazy4milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 19:27   #58
Pirlo Fan
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaka, Nesta, Fabregas, Cannavaro, Buffon, Ribery, Berbatov

Barbados made it through to the 2nd round of World Cup Qualifying to go up against the US in June. We had to play our 1st qualifying round match against Dominica at our cricket stadium, but it was refurbished for Cricket World Cup 2007 so it was in great condition.

Unfortunately we might not be able to play the 2nd leg of the USA tie there because there is a cricket match either the day before or the day after. There is talk of playing the match at our National Stadium where football used to be played but even though work has been done on it I still don't think it meets FIFA regulations. There is also a possibilty of the match being played in Trinidad but that just makes us seem to sub-par IMO. When I get more information I'll post it here.

Signature

Stubborn silly people annoy me...
Pirlo Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 19:54   #59
manutd fan
EPL Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by drucurl
Back on topic....the tickets for TnT vs England have sold out in two hours and I'm sure it's a bunch of prissy uppercrust don't-know-jack-about-football that bought them up.......I guess I'll be going to the Trinidad vs Bermuda game instead

P.S. I know we are going to get our asses handed to us...not even England is THAT shitty but as long as we don't lose 6-0 as did Jamaica ( our etnernal rivals) we can still boast

Forza Red( White) and Black !!!!!
when is this match? do you think yorke will play? i hope he does, i haven't seen his famous smile in ages. (he was well known for his teeth at manutd)
i want TnT to embarrass us actually, that way cappello will get rid of some of the overrated 'dead weight' players we have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4milan
LOL that was in spanish (though both languages have some relation).

Yorke was awesome at his peak, but I never really got to see him at his best with the NT (I'm guessin it was because his best moments were from 98/99 and 99/00, and the eliminatories started in mid 2000, and we faced T&T in 01), and he did went down quickly too.
lol are you sure? i swear that was italian. i can read spanish, french and italian (though i can't speak them) so i guess i mixed them up.
Old 07-05-2008, 20:48   #60
ezekiel2517
AC Milan Legend

yes, it's Castillian (Spanish)