The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Football

Football Talk about the wonderful game.

Old 23-03-2010, 17:20   #81
Christian
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Nesta, Costacurta, Seedorf, Albertini, Inzaghi, SES, Montolivo etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet Ones View Post

Messi 24 games / 25 goals (league) - 7 games / 4 goals (UCL)
CR 18 games / 15 goals (league) - 6 games / 7 goals (UCL)

But here's the thing. Messi has been playing with this team, in this league, for over 5 years. CR has come into a new league and is playing for a team that has a bulk of the players playing with each other for the first time. New coach as well. New everything for him in fact.

For me, CR >>>> Messi

Better freekicker. Better header. Can use both feet equally well. Stronger. Apart from being able to tackle, he's as complete as they get.
Cristiano Ronaldo has been taking Free Kicks and PK's aswell, Messi has taken a few I think, I may be wrong, but Ibra has been taking the majority of the PK's at least.

I don't really buy the whole, Cristiano Ronaldo is more complete than Messi thus a better player either. Maradona wasn't particularly complete, neither was Zidane the slowpoke and neither is Messi. Still Messi is so good at dribbling that it just makes him that good. Really the best dribbler since Maradona easily. Then you have guys like Weah, who's a great player, Strong, big pretty fast as well, great technique, actually a complete forward, but would you really say he's better than less complete players like Maradona or even Ronaldo.

To me Messi is just head over heals above Cristiano Ronaldo, and he's even younger. Anyways, I think both of them needs to step up for their national teams, since they're both to anonymous for Portugal and Argentina, which both a teams that really should be able to win it big.
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2010, 17:21   #82
Wild
*Rejuvenation*

Fav. Players: Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba

Quote:
For me, yes. I have not seen that combination of ball control, speed, power, dribbling, intelligence etc. in ONE player. EVER.

He's had a ton of assists as well but it goes unnoticed because his goal scoring record is ridiculous. Plus the fact that he's been one of the top scorers in every single league he has ever played in. And if you look at most of his goals, he almost always wrong foots the keeper. And I don't think there's ever been a strike partner he's not adjusted to.

The guy was phenomenal.

Messi 24 games / 25 goals (league) - 7 games / 4 goals (UCL)
CR 18 games / 15 goals (league) - 6 games / 7 goals (UCL)

But here's the thing. Messi has been playing with this team, in this league, for over 5 years. CR has come into a new league and is playing for a team that has a bulk of the players playing with each other for the first time. New coach as well. New everything for him in fact.

For me, CR >>>> Messi

Better freekicker. Better header. Can use both feet equally well. Stronger. Apart from being able to tackle, he's as complete as they get.

Edit: Took so long to finish this Milano already came up with something similar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milano84 View Post
MAdridista + Wet ones r underselling Messi, no doubt BUT the one thing I don't agree with is Messi is shoulders above him:

LA Liga + UCL (I am not counting copa del rep and club world cup)
C.Ronaldo 24 games- 22 goals, 5 assists

L.Messi- 31 games, 29 goals, 9 assists

Both are phenomenal but everyone wants to discount fact Ronaldo 1) has been hurt and it hasn't effected him. 2) Came into a brand new team with 6 new faces in starting 11 and 3) with all the weight on his shoulders and delivers every game he has played.

On the opposite, messi has had same team (+ ibra) his whole career, particularly same tactic and midfield feeding him. We all know, continuity>all in football.

Messi is great and more exciting to watch but for me it's a no brainer on who i'd want more...(hint: The unstoppable force who wears alot more hair gel)
Am not saying Messi is better but rather saying they r very close , #1 & #2 it can go both ways.
So my discussion isnt about that but rather how some making CR >>>>>> Messi who is just a good player playing with a great team.

Signature
Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2010, 17:33   #83
crazy4milan
Exotic Stevie G

Fav. Players: Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illadro80 View Post
Heres how he really looked around 16 or something:

Maybe 14 is more accurate.
Lego hair.

I think I'll go with what Gullit said, "C.Ronaldo is a complete footballer, Messi is fun to watch". If there was ever a choice to who bring to Milan (hahahaha) it would be C. Ronaldo.
crazy4milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2010, 17:35   #84
akewander
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Kaka , Maldini, Zidane, Pato, Thiago silva, Gattuso.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madridista View Post
How many goals Messi scored doesn't prove anything. If we go by that then Higuain is the second best player in the world. I just find it laughable that it took a hattrick against some minnows for people to start hailing Messi as the best in the world or even the best ever. But when Ronaldinho destroyed Siena people were like oh theyre crap. Messi will never be as good as Ronaldinho and right now Cristiano Ronaldo is miles better than that little gnome. And so are several other players.

Messi with Argentina=proof hes OVERRATED.
ronaldo with portugal=proof hes OVERRATED.
see how stupid that is,they are both great players but messi is better was last year and is this year.

as for his hatrick he scored a hatrick against valencia aswell,just give it a rest man,ur a madrid fan u hate barca and its players but give respect where its due.

i hate inter but i respect zanetti.and when barca needed someone to step up for them when in difficulty it has been messi, he did it last week when zaragoza scored there 2nd,straight from the kick off when down the flank passed 3 players and got a penalty.

u would rather ronaldo in ur team and i would rather messi,its ur opinion and ur entitled to it, but give respect where its due.

Signature
Winter Is Coming
akewander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2010, 17:36   #85
Wild
*Rejuvenation*

Fav. Players: Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba

Quote:
Originally Posted by akewander View Post
ronaldo with portugal=proof hes OVERRATED.
see how stupid that is,they are both great players but messi is better was last year and is this year.

as for his hatrick he scored a hatrick against valencia aswell,just give it a rest man,ur a madrid fan u hate barca and its players but give respect where its due.

i hate inter but i respect zanetti.and when barca needed someone to step up for them when in difficulty it has been messi, he did it last week when zaragoza scored there 2nd,straight from the kick off when down the flank passed 3 players and got a penalty.

u would rather ronaldo in ur team and i would rather messi,its ur opinion and ur entitled to it, but give respect where its due.

Signature
Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2010, 17:38   #86
dev1L
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4milan View Post
Lego hair.

I think I'll go with what Gullit said, "C.Ronaldo is a complete footballer, Messi is fun to watch". If there was ever a choice to who bring to Milan (hahahaha) it would be C. Ronaldo.

dev1L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2010, 18:47   #87
MilanMB
Not mad

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Romagnoli, Suso, Bonaventura, Bonucci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild View Post
Am not saying Messi is better but rather saying they r very close , #1 & #2 it can go both ways.
So my discussion isnt about that but rather how some making CR >>>>>> Messi who is just a good player playing with a great team.
this...

... should be the end of the discussion.

Signature
#VogliamoMaldini
MilanMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2010, 19:58   #88
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

Fav. Players: Clarence Clyde Seedorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4milan View Post
Lego hair.

[Massster]

Why one sign when both can we??

Sell:pato 80 mil, borriello 20 mil, pirlo 20 mil, huntelaar 20 mil, gattuso 10 mil, ronaldinho 20 mil, other losers 20 mil

Buy: ronaldo 75 mil, messi 75 mil, handovic 10 mil, neymar 30 mil

Zigoni
Adiyiah--neymar
ronaldo--strasser--hottor--messi
De vito--albertazzi--antonini
Handovic

Costs no money all at. FU b&g!!!! [/massster]

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACmen View Post
Only Milan can punish it's own fans by qualifying for CL. I'm off to sleep, another year wasted. When will this fucker be fired..
#RnB
Senatore_M84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2010, 20:09   #89
Ashish
Banned

Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Duncan, Ginobli, Eli Manning

Quote:
Exactly. And he has been marked out on quite a few occasions by the better teams.

Now Ronaldo up until his 1998 final incident. There was the best player the world had ever seen. IMHO.

sorry messi you are the best in the current generation
but for barca you are behind diego ronaldoooooooooooooooooo and cryuff
Ashish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2010, 20:12   #90
crazy4milan
Exotic Stevie G

Fav. Players: Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida

Quote:
[Massster]

Sell:pato 80 mil, borriello 20 mil, pirlo 20 mil, huntelaar 20 mil, gattuso 10 mil, ronaldinho 20 mil, other losers 20 mil

Zigoni
Adiyiah--neymar
Handovic

That's how a masster thinks .

FU
crazy4milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2010, 20:49   #91
adriancg
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Buffon, Fábregas, Rino, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Zidane, Kaká, R9, Pato, Agüero, Thiago Silva, Jovetic

Quote:
[Massster]

Zigoni
Adiyiah--neymar
Handovic

In all fairness, Masster gets Handanovic's name right...

Signature
adriancg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2010, 21:38   #92
Jasper
Maldini tier

Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Mario Balotelli

Quote:
[Massster]

Zigoni
Adiyiah--neymar
Handovic

hah. Reminded me of this - http://forum.acmilan-online.com/show...t=9322&page=11

Signature
Must follow tumblr - http://milanpeaboss.tumblr.com/

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2010, 22:33   #93
Pedro
iedereen is gek

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen

Quote:
[Massster]

Zigoni
Adiyiah--neymar
Handovic

lol, a midfield w/ CR and Messi but Zigoni as striker... too funny sight
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2010, 23:04   #94
Wet Ones
Απορροφάμε

Fav. Players: Whoever helps make Milan untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian View Post
Maradona wasn't particularly complete
No he wasn't. But he won a mediocre Argentina the WC, almost single handedly. He also won the Serie A with a certain team called Napoli. Have a look at what they managed before and after him. This was also the league that boasted the best defenders in the world.

Messi plays in Spain. For Barcelona.

Compare the WC players he has around him to the ones Diego had at Napoli. Messi being mentioned in the same sentence as Diego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian View Post
even Ronaldo.
Have a look at Ronaldo's games in his first season in Serie A. There's a reason Maldini considers Maradona & Ronaldo his best ever opponents.

Messi doesn't even come close to those two.
Wet Ones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2010, 23:12   #95
akewander
AC Milan Icon

really like the song in the 1st vid.

Signature
Winter Is Coming
Old 23-03-2010, 23:17   #96
manutd fan
EPL Captain

Fav. Players: Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia

The difference between Messi and Ronaldo is that Messi is easier on the eye. I've said it before, but while Messi takes on half the team and scores, Ronaldo will thump one in from 30 yards. While Messi creates a goal, Ronaldo scores from a set peice, or set's up a goal from a rebound off his free kicks.

Ronaldo is easier to mark out of a game than Messi, but at the same time Ronaldo has so many more weapons (free kicks, corners ect).

Both pretty even, but Messi will get the plaudits because he's 'nicer' to watch, even though both their styles are equally as effective.

Quote:
Now Ronaldo up until his 1998 final incident. There was the best player the world had ever seen. IMHO.
In my opinion had he not had so many injuries, he would have gone down as the best ever, though now I 'just' consider him to be one of the best.

edit: Yeah I know it's the Messi thread, but what the hell.

Last edited by manutd fan; 23-03-2010 at 23:25.
manutd fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2010, 01:40   #97
Kuzimoto
Forza Milan!!!!

Fav. Players: Ivan Gattuso, BOATENG, Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, Dida, Pippo, Pato, Borri, Silva, Ibra, Cassano

Quote:
Originally Posted by manutd fan View Post

edit: Yeah I know it's the Messi thread, but what the hell.

yeah,seriously,what the hell?
Kuzimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2010, 02:04   #98
GreatKalu
I still believe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akewander View Post
they are both banned substances!!!!! but theer is a diff between having an 11 year old take them for medical condition and a 31 year old using it as an anti-obesity drug .my point is GH doesnt enhance performance except for physique, but tha wouldnt help you in how to throw a 3 poniter or how to kick a ball or control it or how to punch/box.and in terms of muscle strentgh it doesnt increase it at all it has greater definition /mass thats all.

my point is that saying messi became the footballer that he is now because of him taking GH as a child is wrong there is no science to back it up, the same goes with cocaine theres is no scienctific research to back it up because it is unethical .
I'm sorry, but this is a repetitive argument. Do you think that Messi would have been the player he is now without GH? And do you honestly think it would have less of an effect on a 31 year old player taking sibutramine? Come on ... be honest. Even though I'm not medically sound, without GH, Messi would be SHIT. Age doesn't matter ... what I'm talking about is the hypocrisy involved in FIFA judging what is acceptable and what is not.

IMO, HGH, regardless of age, has a much higher impact on football performances than sibutramine. If someone can prove me wrong on this then I'm willing to hear an explanation.

Signature
SEVEN
GreatKalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2010, 02:59   #99
akewander
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by madtherchot View Post
I'm sorry, but this is a repetitive argument. Do you think that Messi would have been the player he is now without GH? And do you honestly think it would have less of an effect on a 31 year old player taking sibutramine? Come on ... be honest. Even though I'm not medically sound, without GH, Messi would be SHIT. Age doesn't matter ... what I'm talking about is the hypocrisy involved in FIFA judging what is acceptable and what is not.

IMO, HGH, regardless of age, has a much higher impact on football performances than sibutramine. If someone can prove me wrong on this then I'm willing to hear an explanation.
GH does not enhanse or have any effect on ur fucking skill at all,it doesnt teach u how to throw a punch, kick/control/dribble a ball or how to bat.all it does is it stimulates growth and cell reproduction and regeneration , messi was giving it because his cells wouldnt reproduce normally due to his medical condition GHD and as a parent u give ur child the best medical solution there is in his case adminstring GH.GH enhancing performance is a myth, there is no scientific reasearch to back it up, in fact the little research done would suggest it has NO effect at all.

the fact is any type of drug use in football is banned, whether or not it has an effect.
so mutu using a drug at 31 as a professional is wrong, he did it before and did it again.

The WADA (World Anti-Doping Agency) will ban any drug that athletes use, whether or not it has an effect, its code points out that the use of substances "based on the mistaken belief they enhance performance is clearly contradictory to the spirit of sport ."

how would messi be shit if he wasnt adminstred GH. did u see the vids of him as a child its posted in this thread, the kid had talent and has lots of it.

and where is the hypocrisy.once again dude he was a child 11 years old, he had a medical condition, he wouldnt have grown properly if he wasnt adminstred GH because it most def would have impaired his growth, he wasnt given an advantage,he wasnt giving it just for fun, he had a medical condition, do u seriously think his parents took him to barcelona so that he could play football, they took him so he could get the best medical service they could get so that he could properly develop and not have complications later on in life.he was giving the drug so he could be normal and have a normal life.

Signature
Winter Is Coming

Last edited by akewander; 24-03-2010 at 03:02.
Old 24-03-2010, 03:05   #100
Ashish
Banned

Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Duncan, Ginobli, Eli Manning

wasting your time dude
Ashish is offline   Reply With Quote