The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Football

Football Talk about the wonderful game.

View Poll Results: Who will win Copa America 2011?
Argentina 15 15.31%
Brazil 55 56.12%
Mexico 2 2.04%
Paraguay 1 1.02%
Uruguay 12 12.24%
Other 13 13.27%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-07-2004, 00:56   #21
~Biski Biskit~
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: None, but thinking of some.

Is there going to be coverages of it in Europe? Maybe UK?
~Biski Biskit~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 11:41   #22
Besi
¤ TheSaint ¤

Fav. Players: Maldini , Kaká

Albanian satelite program will show it .. so if u have digital u most have TOP CHANNEL .. (Albanian TV) all the tournament games will be showed.

Signature
He is football’s Mohamed Ali – he floats like a butterfly, stings like a bee.
Besi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 14:07   #23
~Biski Biskit~
AC Milan Legend

Sky Sports seems to have the rights in the Uk.
Old 06-07-2004, 15:56   #24
Passion for *9*
AC Milan Icon

All I know is that I prefer the African Cup of Nations. I might watch the final though.... ::yawn::

Signature

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ perfection ▪ ▪
Passion for *9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 03:20   #25
crazy4milan
Exotic Stevie G

Fav. Players: Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida

kenichy wrote:

Quote:
does anyone have news on the current issue regarding uruguay's players and the whole issue with the price money they will receive ?
No news, but I think they'll stay that way. IMO is ridiculous that a team that has performe mediocre in that qualifications, are asking for money when they haven't even won nothing yet. They should start playing instead of thinking about the money.
crazy4milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 03:22   #26
crazy4milan
Exotic Stevie G

I forgot....Venezuela 0 Colombia 1, Tressor Moreno scored from the penalty spot.

Right now Bolivia 1 Peru 0, they are in halftime.
Old 07-07-2004, 05:16   #27
kenichy
Senior Team Member

Fav. Players: fowler, maradona, pirlo

copa america needs a change desperately. maybe include more concacaf hungry for glory teams. maybe use another format more competitive one like the euro with 16 teams. maybe just include eight teams. maybe there isn't enough prize money to make the federations give their best to actually win.

europe feeds on south american talent yet europe has the far better continental tournament. very ironic.
kenichy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 10:24   #28
Besi
¤ TheSaint ¤

Fav. Players: Maldini , Kaká

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4milan
I forgot....Venezuela 0 Colombia 1, Tressor Moreno scored from the penalty spot.
I saw the 1st half .. why the hell refere repeated the penalty kick ? heheh he seemed little confused ( the refere )

Signature
He is football’s Mohamed Ali – he floats like a butterfly, stings like a bee.
Besi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 13:53   #29
menon_inc
¤ I Still Believe ¤

gosh...i watched the first game....it was preety boring...even the guys playing in the local league here could do better....this is sad...was really looking forward to it...after euro......i remember bout 8-9 years ago...the copa was awesome...batistuta wa sthe top scorer...used to skip skool to watch...n make lil bets here n thr....but its..sad...nowdays...fthanks to bad marketting and poor star turnout....it has been reduced....2 almost nothing.......but i gues...ill stay watch argentina n brazil...they should have enuf starr reserves to entertain...

Signature
AC MILAN --THE BEST THERE IS
THE BEST THERE WAS
AND THE BEST THERE EVER WILL BE
-----------http://talkmilan.blogspot.com/--------

Legends
menon_inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 11:25   #30
milan_my_love
▼•Moderator•▼

Fav. Players: Alessandro Nesta, Gianluigi Lentini, Marco Van Basten, Alberigo Evani, Paolo Maldini & IL Capitano

Argentina:6 x Ecuador:1
Mexico:2 x Uruguay:2

Argentina played refreshing football.Saviola's hatrick showed Biesla what he was missing in his first squad.Replace Crespo with Saviola and Argentina will have much better forward showings.

Signature
Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever
milan_my_love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 13:56   #31
redondo
Banned

Fav. Players: Maradona, Rivera, Redondo, Baresi, Riquelme, Aimar, Lucho, Mascherano, Tevez, Maxi, Pupi, Rosales

Ok heres my take on the game. Argentina in the first half played the usual game we have come used to seeing. Making alot of chances but not being able to concrete the goals. First goal came on a pemalty after Lucho was pushed in the area. But Argentina did not convince much in the first half. Second half was much the same until the equalizing goal came. A thundering kick sent the ball a few inches out of Pato's hands and in. Then after Bielsa decided to bring in Rosales for Chelito the team woke up. Chelito is a great player with alot of talent BUT today was just not his day. Rosales played a great game and sent a picture perfect center to "El Pibe" Saviola and el conejito was able to HEAD THE BALL IN!!! Mind you I wrote that in caps because Saviola is one short guy. BUt he played a fantastic game and showed that he has the definition that Argentina has been needing in the past year or so. Solid game was played by all players including alessandro, lucho, and macherano. I would have liked to see more of Tevez but he came in around the 82nd minute. But this game was without a doubt Argentina's best game all year. And hopefully will bring some fans back. I would like to see all the people who said Saviola was not what he is. An awesome goalscorer. And for those who still doubt. Son unos boludos! These young players can reach the level of the greats but we have to have faith in them and give them their shot. Our Futbol will not reach what it could if we keep wanting to go backwards. Memories are fantastic but I am not satisfied with just that Im ready to watch these new players make history, and ready for that third star(world cup) on the jersey that we deserve!!
[size=7]Vamos[/size] [size=7]Argentina[/size]!

5' [1 - 0] Gonzalez (pen.)
61' [1 - 1] [size=3]Delgado[/size]
63' [2 - 1] Saviola
74' [3 - 1] Saviola
78' [4 - 1] Saviola
84' [5 - 1] Alessandro
90' [6 - 1] Gonzalez

redondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 14:13   #32
redondo
Banned

Fav. Players: Maradona, Rivera, Redondo, Baresi, Riquelme, Aimar, Lucho, Mascherano, Tevez, Maxi, Pupi, Rosales

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan_my_love
Argentina:6 x Ecuador:1
Mexico:2 x Uruguay:2

Argentina played refreshing football.Saviola's hatrick showed Biesla what he was missing in his first squad.Replace Crespo with Saviola and Argentina will have much better forward showings.
joy for Argentina suppoerters mml.
on current form Hernan is not better than Pedro and Cesar.he will come back indeed.but for now Bielsa should play Tevez and Luis Gonzalez more than he is playing them,
Aimar will not be missed?.we have good back up yes but big star player
like him can win matched with a touch of magic.
Old 08-07-2004, 17:35   #33
~Biski Biskit~
AC Milan Legend

Congradulations to Argentina for a good victory... doesn't it seem that those Argentinians always play better for their country rather than the team? Kily...(scoring 2) doesn't do nothing at Inter lmao, Saviola ... (hat-trick) ... isn't a regular at Barca... Or is it that maybe the compeition is way tougher? Don't even wanna try answer this.
Old 08-07-2004, 18:26   #34
milan_my_love
▼•Moderator•▼

Fav. Players: Alessandro Nesta, Gianluigi Lentini, Marco Van Basten, Alberigo Evani, Paolo Maldini & IL Capitano

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Biski Biskit~
Kily...(scoring 2) doesn't do nothing at Inter lmao
First goal was scored by Kily Gonzalez in 5th min(Pen) whereas the sixth one was scored by Luis Gonzalez in 90th min.So,clearly Kily didn't score two times.

Argentine players have developed a habbit of underperforming at big occassions at international level(under Biesla),so assuming that they perform better at the int level than the club level is bit of a FAQ.

IMO the winning margin was huge even though they were playing meanows Ecuador.

Signature
Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever
milan_my_love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 18:33   #35
~Biski Biskit~
AC Milan Legend

ohh sorry my bad... I didn't watch the game so I reffered to a scoreboard that someone posted above where it said that Gonzales scored 2 goals, didn't know theres two of them.
Old 08-07-2004, 19:03   #36
Ms. Maldini
Senior Team Member

Congratulations to the Argentinian players for a great game!!! It seems Bielsa just might have found the key combination of players for a winning team. Argentina deserved this!
Ms. Maldini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 02:53   #37
crazy4milan
Exotic Stevie G

Costa Rica 0 Paraguay 1 , damn...five minutes before the final whistle and a penalty kick was the thing that decided a very bad match.

So far Brasil 0 Chile 0.
Old 10-07-2004, 12:07   #38
W.H.I
Senior Team Member

Fav. Players: Gattuso, Shevchenko, Kaka', Pirlo, Smith, Maldini, and many others

Brazil 1-0 Chile
goal by Luis fabiano
Peru 3-1 Venezuela
Peru goal by franfan,Solano,Ariadela
Venezuela by Marioca
Colombia 1-0 Bolivia
goal by Perea

Signature

Azioziacione de Calcio Milan
www.gennarogattuso.sport.tiscali.it
W.H.I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 13:28   #39
redondo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Biski Biskit~
Kily...(scoring 2) doesn't do nothing at Inter lmao, Saviola ... (hat-trick) ... isn't a regular at Barca... Or is it that maybe the compeition is way tougher? Don't even wanna try answer this.
kily as you now know scored 1 gol not 2.Saviola is regular at barca for your information i tell you further its not for first time he scored goal for Argentina.Saviola is good for any team and no need to doubt his quality of scoring.If you have not seen the game not much point in discussing it here.competition is not way tougher.Its the way you see things.otherwise many young guns won in Argentina with top football and many in Spain did with Valencia.Kily was never inter product.Cuper exported him and after he left kily was disapointing but dont write him off.He is as good left midfielder as anyone in the game.
Old 10-07-2004, 13:36   #40
redondo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan_my_love

Congratulations to you Redondo.

I wish Argentina to carry on wining ways and win the Coppa America this time.Your post on the game is perfect report imo + happy to see Biesla is giving a go to youngsters and not the once top players like Almeyda.Macherano was very solid and impressive and so to Loucho Gonzalez.

Good luck in coming games.

thankyou mml.Bielsa should had done this some time ago.Rosales and chelito(Delgado) are better than Crespo currently.dont overjoy still some games to be played mml.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Maldini
Congratulations to the Argentinian players for a great game!!! It seems Bielsa just might have found the key combination of players for a winning team. Argentina deserved this!
Thankyou to America. .ms maldini i will be more happChelitoy if Bielsa play Rosales as stater and Chelito as replacement."El Pibe".Chelito.Rosales and Tevez are future and whatsmore better future.Rosales showed in 25min he played what he can do.I see these young center forwards day in and day out and yes i say our future is safe.Rosales is going to become a Batigol el-camion in coming time.

tonight Mexico will be a good game.i want Rosales in and chelito on bench and Tevez given more time.he creates a lot.Rosales is good with both feet and creates a lot and his crosssing and passing is picture perfect.His style of play will win millions of hearts in future.i promise it.