The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Football

Football Talk about the wonderful game.

Old 12-01-2007, 20:15   #81
Mr C
National Team Player

You see this is what is a key difference between him and Benitez (i'll try and keep my biased opinion out of it). The key thing is, over the two years they've been here, Benitez has had limited resources and in his first season, there were so many players injured it was untrue, but he kept his head up and got on with it. Mourinho has two key players out and he begins to panic about it, despite having his toy boy Romn lurking with his billions. One lacks class ("The Special One") and the other one doesn't(Rafa )
Mr C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 20:52   #82
Faяouk
Banned

Fav. Players: Filippo Inzaghi, C Ronaldo, Kaka, Joe Cole, Totti, Recoba, Rui Costa, Pirlo, Gattuso, Maldini, Nesta

All of you are wrong, Mourinho is angry & will leave because his 'toy boy' Abramovich refused to make him handle the transfers and made the head scout be responsible for it...what was the result?

Letting Gallas + Huth go, and buying A Cole, Boulahrouz, Mikel & Kallou. And his 'toy boy' got him Ballack + Shevchenko.

And now his 'toy boy' refuses to let him buy anybody this january, remember he wasn't responsible for all the summer transfers, and he doesn't want him to fix it at January; yet he still wants him to win the EPL + the CL.
Faяouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 21:06   #83
Mr C
National Team Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAKA' 22
All of you are wrong, Mourinho is angry & will leave because his 'toy boy' Abramovich refused to make him handle the transfers and made the head scout be responsible for it...what was the result?

Letting Gallas + Huth go, and buying A Cole, Boulahrouz, Mikel & Kallou. And his 'toy boy' got him Ballack + Shevchenko.

And now his 'toy boy' refuses to let him buy anybody this january, remember he wasn't responsible for all the summer transfers, and he doesn't want him to fix it at January; yet he still wants him to win the EPL + the CL.
Wasn't it Mourinho who was caught with Cole when he was still under contract to Arsenal I think so. I think if he wasn't in control of transfer affairshe would have walked a long time ago. he has gone out and splashed out on players he doesn't really need. He bid 24m because Arsenal showed a slight interest... look at him now, Ballack, who United had been tracking for years. Don't get me wrong, you have a point, especially with the Shevchenko saga, but Mourinho HAS control over most transfers and it is his fault as much as Abramovich's that they will get squeezed for as much money as possible now. As for my point about him lacking class, it's proven, he called Wenger a voyeur, refuses to shake Benitez's hand in the Community Shield and F.A Cup semis... If he didn't get himself in these situations, he would be more respectable, he was funny once upon a time, but now it's time to walk
Old 12-01-2007, 21:10   #84
Giallorossi
Curva Sud

Fav. Players: Totti - De Rossi - Montella - Panucci - Mexes

Quote:
Originally Posted by milanissimo
its really difficult, actually galliani said that he is absolutely sure that ancelotti will lead milan next season
Make that season(s)
Giallorossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 21:13   #85
Mr C
National Team Player

I think Galliani needs to be respected, if he lives up to his word...
It's been a difficult time for Milan, with the points deduction and stuff.. He isn't forgetting what Carlo has done for them since he came, it's loyalty, and you can't buy that. One day Carlo will go past his sell buy date and that may be soon, but at least he isn't talking to other managers about the position while Carlo is still at the helm..
Old 12-01-2007, 21:19   #86
Faяouk
Banned

Fav. Players: Filippo Inzaghi, C Ronaldo, Kaka, Joe Cole, Totti, Recoba, Rui Costa, Pirlo, Gattuso, Maldini, Nesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr C
Wasn't it Mourinho who was caught with Cole when he was still under contract to Arsenal I think so. I think if he wasn't in control of transfer affairshe would have walked a long time ago. he has gone out and splashed out on players he doesn't really need. He bid 24m because Arsenal showed a slight interest... look at him now, Ballack, who United had been tracking for years. Don't get me wrong, you have a point, especially with the Shevchenko saga, but Mourinho HAS control over most transfers and it is his fault as much as Abramovich's that they will get squeezed for as much money as possible now. As for my point about him lacking class, it's proven, he called Wenger a voyeur, refuses to shake Benitez's hand in the Community Shield and F.A Cup semis... If he didn't get himself in these situations, he would be more respectable, he was funny once upon a time, but now it's time to walk
What I was saying is that since last summer Mourinho became not responsible for transfers, when he was responsible for them in his first 2 years he won the EPL. Wasted money or didn't, he did what he was supposed to, which winning the EPL + fighting for the CL which he was going to win, but a gift from the ref made your Liverpool qualify for the final, and last year he met Barca so their was nothing he could do. But since this summer Abramovich made his head scout be responsible for transfers, so he messed it all up, and now everybody is blaming Mourinho, who is the only one that shouldn't be blamed.
Old 12-01-2007, 21:30   #87
zZ[-_-]Zz
Gli Invicibili

Fav. Players: Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten

you clearly do not know your Chelsea team... so far the vast majority of Mourinho's signings have failed him (have left or benched)... the core of the team are all Ranieri's signings... please get your facts right first...

Signature

Numero 6 per sempre
C' solo un capitano
zZ[-_-]Zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 21:36   #88
Mr C
National Team Player

Quote:
What I was saying is that since last summer Mourinho became not responsible for transfers, when he was responsible for them in his first 2 years he won the EPL. Wasted money or didn't, he did what he was supposed to, which winning the EPL + fighting for the CL which he was going to win, but a gift from the ref made your Liverpool qualify for the final, and last year he met Barca so their was nothing he could do. But since this summer Abramovich made his head scout be responsible for transfers, so he messed it all up, and now everybody is blaming Mourinho, who is the only one that shouldn't be blamed.
Bu he has been going on how Sheva and Ballack will give them the edge in the Champs League, so he must have wanted them. As for the semi against us and our "goal" fair enough it didn't go in, but the keeper would have been sent of for a pro foul, the ref said so, and it was the officials mistake, but for Gods sake, Mourinho didn't see it like that, he said there was no foul, no goal, and the ref n linesmen were supporting Liverpool, and he carried on saying this for months. That is a lack of class.
Old 12-01-2007, 22:19   #89
Mr C
National Team Player

No way Jose's leaving

(Sky Sports)

Jose Mourinho has offered assurance to Chelsea supporters that his heart still belongs at Stamford Bridge, amidst reports of unrest and a possible parting of ways in the summer.

The Portuguese tactician, who has brought back-to-back Premiership titles to the capital, has intimated that he is less than enamoured with the club's decision to curb his involvement in the January sales, with his relations with Roman Abramovich thought to be cordial rather than warm.

It has been suggested this season could possibly be his last in England, with plenty of clubs across the continent sure to be interested in his services should be ever desire to move on.

Chelsea host Wigan on Saturday and Mourinho insists the focus of his attention will centre entirely on on-the-field matters, rather than what may be occurring off it.

"I love Chelsea. I always want to win the next game and the next game is against Wigan," he told the club's TV station.

"We have to be together to win that game and we have to forget the stories, we have to forget what the press are saying.

"It's easy for me. I'm self-motivated, always at the top. If results are not what we want, that is even a bigger motivation to fight."

The return of Ricardo Cavalho and Didier Drogba from suspension, along with the comeback of Arjen Robben after injury, should provide Mourinho's side with an ideal fillip.

Mourinho believes that being able to employ the aforementioned trio will more than make up for the absence of the suspended Ashley Cole.

"We lose Ashley Cole (to suspension) so on balance we have two positives. So we are better in terms of options.

"Mentally we are okay. Our last game in the Premiership was at Aston Villa. We didn't win but we played as a team.

"Tomorrow is at our home and we have two-and-a-half years of getting results at home.

"There are no reasons to be afraid of it and tomorrow we are confident we can get back to victories in the Premiership."

Good news for his followers here i guess.
Old 12-01-2007, 22:45   #90
Faяouk
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zZ[-_-]Zz
you clearly do not know your Chelsea team... so far the vast majority of Mourinho's signings have failed him (have left or benched)... the core of the team are all Ranieri's signings... please get your facts right first...
Drogba, Essien, Carvalho, Robben, Paolo Ferreira are Mourinho's signings.

Only Makelele, Joe Cole & Geremi are from Ranieri's era.

Who needs to get his facts right?
Old 12-01-2007, 23:16   #91
crazymilangirl
Busy, Busy, Busy

Fav. Players: Maldini, Kaka, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta, Seedorf and Superpippo!!!!

Quote:

ok just gotta say sumthn abt this post
if you understand my point then reply if not then i guess you can just ignore it...

ok..if mourinho is half the coach he is made out to be...he would do great/fantastic with his team..he got some of the best players in europe (creme de la creme) best of the best and now he wants more??
i refuse to believe that mourinho didn't have a say in shevchenko's case or ballacks case.. if he didn't want them, he would've most probably said so or quit his job..so if he is a good coach and maybe one of the best in the world if not the best then he'll be fine with the team he got!! his toyboy can go and .....(you know) mourinho aint no shy bastard...especially since he calls himself "the special one" infront of the whole world..so i don't think his toyboy got soo much to say...yeah his toyboy does/did decide alot of transfers and he is the one with that bottomless wallet but still mourinho aint stupid (i think) and if he wants to leave..or he wants transfers..he should give a good & valid reason and he'll get it! if he thinks that he cant possibly win CL or EPL without a transfer...but he'll be just fine..and chelski just lost this one to manutd..accept it and take it like a man

Signature
With a courage that was more than human he managed to leave a message for the entire world: "Do not submit to exploitation, of any kind; maintain a tenacious grip on veracity; better die with honour than live in shame".
crazymilangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 23:24   #92
Mr C
National Team Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymilangirl
ok just gotta say sumthn abt this post
if you understand my point then reply if not then i guess you can just ignore it...

ok..if mourinho is half the coach he is made out to be...he would do great/fantastic with his team..he got some of the best players in europe (creme de la creme) best of the best and now he wants more??
i refuse to believe that mourinho didn't have a say in shevchenko's case or ballacks case.. if he didn't want them, he would've most probably said so or quit his job..so if he is a good coach and maybe one of the best in the world if not the best then he'll be fine with the team he got!! his toyboy can go and .....(you know) mourinho aint no shy bastard...especially since he calls himself "the special one" infront of the whole world..so i don't think his toyboy got soo much to say...yeah his toyboy does/did decide alot of transfers and he is the one with that bottomless wallet but still mourinho aint stupid (i think) and if he wants to leave..or he wants transfers..he should give a good & valid reason and he'll get it! if he thinks that he cant possibly win CL or EPL without a transfer...but he'll be just fine..and chelski just lost this one to manutd..accept it and take it like a man
I understand your point because it's the point i've been making.... He would have walked ages ago if he never had a say in their transfers....
I also like the way "toyboy" is catching along
Mourinho is a good coach, thats proven. But i think he is a little over rated and just in general a cry baby. The only thing i hope he does though is win the league AND THEN WALK OUT crying, because i'd rather them win it than the Mancs any day.
Old 13-01-2007, 01:06   #93
sheva007
National Team Player

Fav. Players: sheva, maldini, kaka, fabregas, crespo, tevez, messi, gattuso, nesta, kaladze, robben, van persie

as much as i hate to say this buy i think inter will get him. im hoping we get rickard he has a nice attacking aproach which is enjoyable to watch. cappelo is defence orienated a bit to much

Signature
sheva007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2007, 05:39   #94
GreatKalu
I still believe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr C
I think Galliani needs to be respected, if he lives up to his word...
It's been a difficult time for Milan, with the points deduction and stuff.. He isn't forgetting what Carlo has done for them since he came, it's loyalty, and you can't buy that. One day Carlo will go past his sell buy date and that may be soon, but at least he isn't talking to other managers about the position while Carlo is still at the helm..
Well, some credit has to be due but one shouldn't mistake loyalty for lack of ambition + negligence to a prolonged problem. While I have a lot of respect for A. + had backed him in the past, probably change is what Milan needs. A new coach with fresh ideas + expectations will motivate players who won't be able to rely on past exploits for a starting place.

That said, with B&B&G's constantly intervening A.'s affairs, I doubt prospective coaches feel they'd be given the freedom + support to try their own ideas. This is why Mourinho coming here remains a fantasy even if he wasn't my first choice. That would be still be Lippi by miles simply because he installed self belief + concentration to an Italian side that had much more to think about.

Coming back to A., you have to admit he's much more of a gentleman than any top EPL coach (at the moment) could ever be. Never really dragged Sheva's goal against Barca + is constantly supporting his player + ready to take the blame.

PS. Just had to ask ... In Istanbul, do you think the penalty (for the equalizer) was the right decision? I was under the impression Gerrard (like Puyol ) went down quite like the sissy he is ... all due respect, of course

Signature
SEVEN
GreatKalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2007, 07:33   #95
zZ[-_-]Zz
Gli Invicibili

Fav. Players: Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten

Quote:

i'm talkin' about the core of the team my boy... like Lampard... Terry... Cech (all Ranieri's works)... not just some squad members... seein' how you decide to exclude them is a joke... since you needed to do so to prove i'm wrong...

read this to refresh your memory... http://www.sportingo.com/football/ch...ager/1001,1473

wow... most of Mourinho's signings indeed failed him... which points back to my initial post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zZ[-_-]Zz
so far the vast majority of Mourinho's signings have failed him (have left or benched)... the core of the team are all Ranieri's signings...

Signature

Numero 6 per sempre
C' solo un capitano

Last edited by zZ[-_-]Zz; 13-01-2007 at 07:39.
zZ[-_-]Zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2007, 09:09   #96
censorthiis
World Cup Winner

Bit of interest...

Mourinho drops Shevchenko and declares war

Chelsea manager provokes Abramovich showdown
Back me with signings or sack me, he tells board

Duncan Castles
Saturday January 13, 2007
The Guardian

Jose Mourinho intends to drop Andriy Shevchenko from Chelsea's squad for the Premiership match with Wigan today in a direct challenge to Roman Abramovich to back him with new signings or sack him immediately.

Chelsea's manager has been prevented from recruiting the new striker he considers essential to the club's domestic and European campaigns and denied even minor funds to purchase a central defender to replace John Terry, whose return from back surgery is proving more problematic than expected.

Mourinho has also been infuriated by the club's attempt to dismiss Steve Clarke and replace his assistant with a Russian-speaking Israeli coach to help Shevchenko rediscover his form. Mourinho's response to the board was to request that rather than change his backroom staff, Chelsea's owner should tell Shevchenko "to do some work for once".

Abramovich's close friendship with his 30m summer signing appears set to cost Chelsea the services of the man who has won back-to-back titles in his two full seasons in England. Citing ineffective spending in previous transfer windows, the Russian and his advisers told Mourinho in a recent strategy meeting that under no circumstances would he be allowed to add a striker to the squad and instructed him to use Shevchenko properly.

Read more...
censorthiis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2007, 10:16   #97
menon_inc
I Still Believe

Quote:

Robben was signed before Mourinho took over at Chelsky and is not his signing.

Signature
AC MILAN --THE BEST THERE IS
THE BEST THERE WAS
AND THE BEST THERE EVER WILL BE
-----------http://talkmilan.blogspot.com/--------

Legends
menon_inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2007, 10:23   #98
menon_inc
I Still Believe

Quote:

Well its his fault that he couldnt handle Gallas and Gallas didnt want to play for Chelsky anymore. Why should we blame Abrahamovic for Mourinho's poor man management skills?

Letting Huth go was a mistake? That guy was another crappy signing that sucked almost each time he played. So what if he doesnt get the transfer backing he needs in Jan? He already has such a big squad and his squad is already much better then most teams out there have and its up to him to use his management skills and bring out the best in the players he has but it looks like he is failing with his new big name players which include ashley cole, ballack and sheva.

Signature
THE BEST THERE WAS

Legends
Old 13-01-2007, 10:24   #99
menon_inc
I Still Believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by madtherchot

PS. Just had to ask ... In Istanbul, do you think the penalty (for the equalizer) was the right decision? I was under the impression Gerrard (like Puyol ) went down quite like the sissy he is ... all due respect, of course
Yupe it was a dive.

Signature
THE BEST THERE WAS

Legends
Old 13-01-2007, 10:41   #100
sheva007
National Team Player

Fav. Players: sheva, maldini, kaka, fabregas, crespo, tevez, messi, gattuso, nesta, kaladze, robben, van persie

Quote:
Originally Posted by censorthiis
Bit of interest...

Mourinho drops Shevchenko and declares war

Chelsea manager provokes Abramovich showdown
Back me with signings or sack me, he tells board

Duncan Castles
Saturday January 13, 2007
The Guardian

Jose Mourinho intends to drop Andriy Shevchenko from Chelsea's squad for the Premiership match with Wigan today in a direct challenge to Roman Abramovich to back him with new signings or sack him immediately.

Chelsea's manager has been prevented from recruiting the new striker he considers essential to the club's domestic and European campaigns and denied even minor funds to purchase a central defender to replace John Terry, whose return from back surgery is proving more problematic than expected.

Mourinho has also been infuriated by the club's attempt to dismiss Steve Clarke and replace his assistant with a Russian-speaking Israeli coach to help Shevchenko rediscover his form. Mourinho's response to the board was to request that rather than change his backroom staff, Chelsea's owner should tell Shevchenko "to do some work for once".

Abramovich's close friendship with his 30m summer signing appears set to cost Chelsea the services of the man who has won back-to-back titles in his two full seasons in England. Citing ineffective spending in previous transfer windows, the Russian and his advisers told Mourinho in a recent strategy meeting that under no circumstances would he be allowed to add a striker to the squad and instructed him to use Shevchenko properly.

Read more...
i dont care how good of a coach he is he shuld be sacked on the spot for that. if i was the abrohomvic i would not hesitate i mean mourinho has a big mouth and showing publicly his dislike to the board. and sacrificeing sheva to prove a point is disgraceful. i have lost all respect for him that i had. i am without a doubt certain that mourinho is to blame for shevchenkos poor form and also ballacks in some turns. of course sheva is partly to blame but if u cant help a world class player play well and change the sqaud to suit a 30mil transfer then wot kind of manager are u??

Signature
sheva007 is offline   Reply With Quote