The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Football

Football Talk about the wonderful game.

View Poll Results: Who will be the winner of Golden Ball this Year ?
Kaka' 28 40.58%
Andrea Pirlo 3 4.35%
Leo Messi 12 17.39%
Zlatan Ibrahimovic 0 0%
Francesco Totti 1 1.45%
Ronaldinho 3 4.35%
Luca Toni 1 1.45%
Frank Ribery 0 0%
Riquelme 0 0%
Francesc Fabregas 1 1.45%
Gigi Buffon 0 0%
Cristiano Ronaldo 9 13.04%
Didier Drogba 0 0%
Steven Gerard 0 0%
Genaro Gattuso 2 2.90%
Wayne Rooney 0 0%
Paul Scholes 2 2.90%
Ruud van Nistelrooy 0 0%
David Villa 1 1.45%
Paolo Maldini 2 2.90%
Deco 0 0%
Thierry Henry 0 0%
Diego 0 0%
Ricardo Quaresma 1 1.45%
Clarence Seedorf 2 2.90%
Miroslav Klose 1 1.45%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 13-01-2011, 05:29   #401
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

Fav. Players: Clarence Clyde Seedorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaugrana View Post
except that Donovans two goals against Slovenia and Algeria came when Bradley changed his position to a forward in a 4-3-3.
false... v. algeria, gomez and jozy were uptop.

V slovenia he was in 4-3-3 when he scored (really a 4-2-3-1 w/ fielhaber at CAM then it was a 3-4-3 for bradley's goal)

Eitherway messi never played farther back than AM in 4-3-1-2 which is comprable role to wing in 4-3-3
Senatore_M84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2011, 05:47   #402
acerвιc wιт
Milano Siamo Noi!

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lvn369 View Post
No player had an impact like Messi. He was only involved in every Argentina goal (but 1)?
Messi had one assist for the entire World Cup in 2010.

Quote:
If you dont understand that you didnt watch La Liga (oh u mean best league in the world atm , officially with the best players in the world, officially) and if u cant identify messi as a playmaker at the world cup, i pity you.
Clearly you are a Niff Nuff.
Best league in the world?... The league is overrated. What a joke. It's only a two horse race in Spain and it has been for quite some time which even hypes up teams like Barcelona and Real Madrid a great deal.

Barcelona couldn't even beat Hercules at home!

However, people even dare to compare them to the great Milan side of the late 80s and early 90s when they made 5 UCL finals out of 7? Ha!

C.Ronaldo and Messi, your two best players in the "best league in the world", as you say, totalled:

810 minutes, 2 assists, and 1 goal between them. (Ronaldo 1 goal, 1 assist, Messi 1 assist) - Goal C. Ronaldo scored was his first in 16 MONTHS at international level. However, scores frequently domestically. Mmm, says a lot about your league, hey?

Sneijder:

652 minutes, 1 assist, and 5 goals.

More decisive you say?

Signature

"You cannot buy football, you construct it." - Arrigo Sacchi.

Last edited by acerвιc wιт; 13-01-2011 at 05:52.
acerвιc wιт is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2011, 06:19   #403
fertygo
Battering Striker

Fav. Players: Sheva, Bierhoff, Pippo Inzaghi, Eto'o, Nedved.

Btw apparently... Messi is 1st for player n coaches votes but 4th in journalist votes (sneijder 1st)

Yep the award merge fucked this awards lol

Messi's might deserve FIFpro POTY but as brightest inviduals but Sneijder should wins Ballon D'or.

But because new system its fucked the whole things.

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo
"Right now it would be like betraying my history, my past with the Rossoneri. It's been a short period of time, and I'm still very close to Milan. Now it would be too difficult to work in Italy, maybe in the future but not now."
- 22nd October 2010.
Two months later...
Gattuso : "Evidently the God of money can produce miracles."
fertygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2011, 07:00   #404
necromancer
Sino-Galliani Alliance

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Quote:
Originally Posted by мιℓαηєℓℓσ View Post
Sneijder and Milito definitely should've been in the final three of the Ballon D'or list. If this system was under the old system, which was abolished this season, Sneijder would've won the award in a landslide.
Nope. Not a landslide. Would have won in a narrow margin over Xavi. And that's a fair result.

Well, considering Sneijder hasnt scored a goal in 369 days as of today, I wouldnt actually give the Ballon D'Or to him.

But my podium would be Xavi, Sneijder, Messi.
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2011, 14:27   #405
acerвιc wιт
Milano Siamo Noi!

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi

Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
Nope. Not a landslide. Would have won in a narrow margin over Xavi. And that's a fair result.
I meant in relation to Messi.

Don't get me wrong, Messi is arguably the most gifted player in the world, however, he shouldn't have been the recipient of this years Ballon D'or.

Signature

Old 13-01-2011, 14:39   #406
dev1L
AC Milan Icon

this thread needs to be renamed to FIFA Ballon d'Or
dev1L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2011, 19:09   #407
Lvn369
Rookie

Quote:
Messi had one assist for the entire World Cup in 2010.
hahaha u just made a fool out of yourself, don't cherish it. It might happen again ! Look at this boy pulling up stats. Did you just go by stats? u didnt see the matches ? lmao. He created almost all goals. If u cant accept or see this, nobody can help you.
Lvn369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2011, 19:20   #408
Lvn369
Rookie

Quote:
Clearly you are a Niff Nuff.
Best league in the world?... The league is overrated. What a joke. It's only a two horse race in Spain and it has been for quite some time which even hypes up teams like Barcelona and Real Madrid a great deal.

Barcelona couldn't even beat Hercules at home!

However, people even dare to compare them to the great Milan side of the late 80s and early 90s when they made 5 UCL finals out of 7? Ha!

C.Ronaldo and Messi, your two best players in the "best league in the world", as you say, totalled:

810 minutes, 2 assists, and 1 goal between them. (Ronaldo 1 goal, 1 assist, Messi 1 assist) - Goal C. Ronaldo scored was his first in 16 MONTHS at international level. However, scores frequently domestically. Mmm, says a lot about your league, hey?

Sneijder:

652 minutes, 1 assist, and 5 goals.

More decisive you say?
Officialy it is the best league now deal with it. Two horse race? Barca and Madrid would walk every league in the world and they are a step above. This doesnt mean the other teams are not playing at a competitive level. Aside these two teams, considering the rest is crap ..why are lower spanish teams winning things like uefa cups? Sevilla, Athletico...not to mention other european results.
Barca always need time to get running in the start of the season (lost points couple of years in a row now at the start/restart). Hercules could probably give AC Milan a run for their money (and i'm not pushing it or laughing, it just points to your ignorance). FCB struggled an hour against the top side of second devision Real Betis in which Betis had clear goal scoring opportunities, more than Real Madrid, Sevilla, Valencia had at the camp nou and they didnt even park the bus either. Ranking says nothing.

People comparing them to the old Milan sides which won alot? Trophys is alot but isnt everything. Thats why there are alot of great teams remembered which didnt win the lot. FCB is still working on it + they dont claim that, others do.

You might want to go study statistics where they will learn you you can proof anything with that while it means nothing really. But you might try this: the lack of playing with international team mates constantly, playing after an exhausting season with record amount of goals, the way teams want to totally stop that one star individual.
Lvn369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2011, 00:01   #409
Blaugrana
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senatore_M84 View Post
false... v. algeria, gomez and jozy were uptop.

V slovenia he was in 4-3-3 when he scored (really a 4-2-3-1 w/ fielhaber at CAM then it was a 3-4-3 for bradley's goal)

Eitherway messi never played farther back than AM in 4-3-1-2 which is comprable role to wing in 4-3-3
I really wasn't paying that much attention to USA throughout the tournament but I watched all of their games and I thought Donovan was deployed to left forward in a 4-3-3 formation, maybe you're right on that one. However, If you watched all Argentina's games you wouldn't say that Messi didn't play further back than AM. He didn't have much support and he had to drop back all game long to be involved and begin attacks. Also I think he was very, very unlucky not to score goals but fortunately that didn't effect the decision for the Fifa Ballon d'Ore because he was the best player last year, although I was hoping that Xavi would get it to get the recognition that he truly deserves.
Blaugrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2011, 03:57   #410
acerвιc wιт
Milano Siamo Noi!

Quote:
Officialy it is the best league now deal with it. Two horse race? Barca and Madrid would walk every league in the world and they are a step above.
Delusional Niff Nuff.

Quote:
Aside these two teams, considering the rest is crap ..why are lower spanish teams winning things like uefa cups?
Hahahaha because they can't aim for anything else!

Signature

Last edited by acerвιc wιт; 14-01-2011 at 03:59.
Old 14-01-2011, 04:08   #411
acerвιc wιт
Milano Siamo Noi!

Quote:
hahaha u just made a fool out of yourself, don't cherish it. It might happen again ! Look at this boy pulling up stats. Did you just go by stats? u didnt see the matches ? lmao. He created almost all goals. If u cant accept or see this, nobody can help you.
Perhaps you should watch all the matches again. You said he created every goal Argentina scored which clearly wasn't the case. Oh, and yes, his 1 assist was the one to Tevez when Tevez was about 2 metres offside.

Signature

Last edited by acerвιc wιт; 14-01-2011 at 04:10.
Old 14-01-2011, 14:31   #412
necromancer
Sino-Galliani Alliance

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

La Liga best league in the world? Jeez, there's a limit to delusion.

Quote:
I meant in relation to Messi.

Don't get me wrong, Messi is arguably the most gifted player in the world, however, he shouldn't have been the recipient of this years Ballon D'or.
Got that. I agree.
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2011, 15:36   #413
Shiby
Bandwagon hopper

Fav. Players: Robinho ,Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Becks

Who won?

Josip Ilicic?

Signature

Shiby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2011, 16:27   #414
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

Fav. Players: Clarence Clyde Seedorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiby View Post
Who won?

Josip Ilicic?
Snubbed

But he did win forums most sLOVEd player-2010
Senatore_M84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2011, 16:39   #415
Shiby
Bandwagon hopper

Fav. Players: Robinho ,Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Becks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senatore_M84 View Post
Snubbed

But he did win forums most sLOVEd player-2010
Fucking fifa assholes... giving awards to overrated players.

And I bet he is grateful for all the sLOVEing we give him.

Signature

Last edited by Shiby; 14-01-2011 at 16:42.
Shiby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2017, 17:44   #416
The Bear
World Cup Winner

http://www.football-italia.net/10832...fifa-shortlist

0 Prem teams in the CL semis but 5 Prem players to Serie A's 3 in the shortlist. OK.
The Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2017, 18:06   #417
Jammin
prostituted by the mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bear View Post
http://www.football-italia.net/10832...fifa-shortlist

0 Prem teams in the CL semis but 5 Prem players to Serie A's 3 in the shortlist. OK.

Complete joke of an award. Why is Totti not nominated?
Jammin is offline   Reply With Quote