The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Football > UEFA Euro 2016 France

Old 03-07-2016, 02:10   #681
General
God Emperor of Humility

Fav. Players: MR, Kathy Griffin, Leaf's Vlogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaas View Post
Funny thing is some of these people that are fapping over conte don't rate allegri. How..
U Joking

Signature
Official RnB Contributor

General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 02:10   #682
FNF
'That' guy...

Fav. Players: Poli, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Pippo, Buffon, Pirlo, D.Lopez, Verratti, Gattuso, De Rossi, Darmian.

Proud of the team despite the loss. I just feel frustrated that we didn't have players - or even just a player - available who would have made a difference tonight - Verratti, Marchisio or even De Rossi. No shame in getting knocked out on penalties to a practically full strength Germany.
FNF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 02:10   #683
Sage
Phase 2

insigne has to be the most overrated player in serie A.
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 02:13   #684
General
God Emperor of Humility

Fav. Players: MR, Kathy Griffin, Leaf's Vlogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post

Signature
Official RnB Contributor

General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 02:14   #685
Rickaka
molto life

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Seedorf, Balotelli, Willems, Memphis Depay

Mertens is a better player than Insigne

Signature
Rickaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 02:15   #686
Wild
*Rejuvenation*

Fav. Players: Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba

Quote:
If only Conte took Poli with him...

Signature
Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 02:15   #687
FNF
'That' guy...

Fav. Players: Poli, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Pippo, Buffon, Pirlo, D.Lopez, Verratti, Gattuso, De Rossi, Darmian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polotelli View Post
Because that's what they did every game? Pointless nitpicking. Yes the system had his flaws but this was an epic Italia side, the games against Belgium and especially Spain are big accomplishments and I feel by eliminating Spain and not Germany we could have decided the outcome of the tournament or at least had an important role in it. Eder and Giaccherini did their role well.
Epic is definitely the word. I put down Giac going into this tournament and he comes out flying as if he was the player I remember liking a few years ago. Eder came out and played a crucial part. Despite his (relatively few) detractors, Pelle proved that he could play at the highest level.
There were obviously disappointments and players who shouldn't have been picked, namely Parolo who would have been better off warming the bench. However, for the most part, this side came out and made their mark despite being a mediocre side on paper. Just unfortunate it had to end this way.
Old 03-07-2016, 02:16   #688
Casualista
Banned

Quote:
Everything about Napoli is overrated.
Casualista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 02:18   #689
Casualista
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNF View Post
Epic is definitely the word. I put down Giac going into this tournament and he comes out flying as if he was the player I remember liking a few years ago. Eder came out and played a crucial part. Despite his (relatively few) detractors, Pelle proved that he could play at the highest level.
There were obviously disappointments and players who shouldn't have been picked, namely Parolo who would have been better off warming the bench. However, for the most part, this side came out and made their mark despite being a mediocre side on paper. Just unfortunate it had to end this way.
Poli was the xfactor missing in mid field.
Old 03-07-2016, 02:20   #690
FNF
'That' guy...

hahaa.
Old 03-07-2016, 02:20   #691
milanicious
AC Milan Icon

Insigne played less than 500 mins in total for the NT. "ALWAYS"

Hating on a real GOAT like Sarri is pathetic.

Signature
milanicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 02:22   #692
Wild
*Rejuvenation*

Fav. Players: Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfat View Post
Poli was the xfactor missing in mid field.

Signature
Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 02:49   #693
Qaas
Mystery Guy

Fav. Players: KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfat View Post
It got him to a quarter when he was expected to be rekt by Belgium .

There is no team in Italy , no permutation or combination to have put up a bigger fight against Germans than what he did apart from veratti and marchisio. The fact that he took Germany this far, all of whose players are far superior, experienced and come from much better teams means this is the absolute best Italy had on offer.

Insigne is an inconsistent little mental midget. He has failed for Italy. ALWAYS. Elder was much better choice. Insigne is also overrated as fook on this forum along with most Napoli players and Sarri. He isn't special and be didn't fit the pressing game. He should be glad he was taken.

I didn't expect italy to get rekt by belgium.. Italy always does better as underdogs, that is a known fact.

For what it is he got the best out of those average players, which he chose in the first place. And in fact only conte could achieve that with exactly those type of players. But I BELIEVE that a better coach could have achieved the same result, had he started some of the benched players and some of those who didn't get picked.

----

About the match... imo he failed with the subs. He had game changers (i am aware that you don't agree) on the bench, he should have introduced them earlier.

My point is just like he was praised for those impressive wins, he should also somewhat be blamed for this loss.

----
So a winger with 12 goals and 10 assists is overrated. Hmm What did eder exactly do last year to deserve a starting spot

Fak english

Signature
Qaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 03:07   #694
Tantalis
Heyoka

should have brought totti, hed have penenka neuer
Tantalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 03:19   #695
Polotelli
#forevermario

I blame him
Polotelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 03:25   #696
yagami7gnr
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polotelli View Post
Because that's what they did every game? Pointless nitpicking. Yes the system had his flaws but this was an epic Italia side, the games against Belgium and especially Spain are big accomplishments and I feel by eliminating Spain and not Germany we could have decided the outcome of the tournament or at least had an important role in it. Eder and Giaccherini did their role well.
The game against Belgium? Wales beat Belgium, OK. The game against Spain is probably Contes's Italy signature win but not against a Belgium team that has been extremely overrated even before the wc2014.

Signature
"If ignorance is bliss; then, knock the smile off my face"
yagami7gnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 05:14   #697
Xelcuk
Banned

Fav. Players: Nocerino, Poli, Kucka, Antonelli, Ely, Bonaventura, Bertolacci

İnsigne is the only player who can replace Ribery without any problem. Direct, quick and great dribbler. l really want him at Bayern.

Btw, italy was really weak for us. Our 3-5-2 made things harder for us. in normal conditions, we can beat italy easily.
Xelcuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 05:19   #698
Xelcuk
Banned

Fav. Players: Nocerino, Poli, Kucka, Antonelli, Ely, Bonaventura, Bertolacci

l'm really happy now.

We are in semi final and italy is going to their home.
Xelcuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 06:34   #699
Casualista
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaas View Post
I didn't expect italy to get rekt by belgium.. Italy always does better as underdogs, that is a known fact.

For what it is he got the best out of those average players, which he chose in the first place. And in fact only conte could achieve that with exactly those type of players. But I BELIEVE that a better coach could have achieved the same result, had he started some of the benched players and some of those who didn't get picked.
Who is that fairy and where can Milan sign him?

Quote:
About the match... imo he failed with the subs. He had game changers (i am aware that you don't agree) on the bench, he should have introduced them earlier.

My point is just like he was praised for those impressive wins, he should also somewhat be blamed for this loss.
Lolno. He got knocked out by Germany. Not Wales. History aside, he was expected to get knocked out. He was expected to get knocked out vs Spain as well. You don't get blamed for losing to a superior team. He was never in a winning position either that some judgement in tactics cost him the game.

Quote:
So a winger with 12 goals and 10 assists is overrated. Hmm What did eder exactly do last year to deserve a starting spot
Because he isn't playing for Napoli to score 12 goals and 10 assists for starters.

But the main point is they didn't have to do anything last season. Deschamps said it best when dropping Nasri for the world cup , "a national team isn't made of the best 23 players but the most functioning 23 players".

Germany was going to have the bulk of the possession today. That meant Italy's pressing would have to be top notch in both attack and defense. No way was insigne going to play an up tempo pressing game.

He was brought on late because Germany were tired and hummels was on a yellow. That was the best time insigne could make a difference - running at tired German legs. Tired because they were kept on their toes by some good pressing from eder, giach and pelle.
Old 03-07-2016, 06:55   #700
Casualista
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelcuk View Post
İnsigne is the only player who can replace Ribery without any problem. Direct, quick and great dribbler. l really want him at Bayern.

Right.... Because bayern replaced Ribery with someone who isn't direct , quick, and a great dribbler.