Mattia De Sciglio Thread

Susan

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Sandro Nesta, Thiago Silva, Pippo, Ibra, Kaka
good debut for him in Serie A :thumbsup: I hope Zambro leaves and we let De Sciglio take his place

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
made some amateurish mistakes, but overall did okay. :thumbsup:

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Chievo targeted him well. And he after a nervy first half he did okay. Learning curve boys. Learning curve.

Christian

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Costacurta, Seedorf, Albertini, Inzaghi, SES, Montolivo etc.
Chievo targeted him well. And he after a nervy first half he did okay. Learning curve boys. Learning curve.

The right side was clearly a problem in the first 30 minutes, but the problem was that Gattuso was to aggresive imo. Overall De Sciglio, Nesta and Gattuso didn't look like they'd trained that much together.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
i thought his problem was he was defending too deep giving paloschi and others too much space to work with. (tho rino really should have been deeper as well tbh)

and he should look at zambrotta and learn how to deal with the ball at your feet when under pressure - turn your back towards the enemy, and fall over as soon as he makes contact, earning the easiest fk ever. :tongue:

ernesto

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, nesta, pirlo, inzaghi, buffon
i thought his problem was he was defending too deep giving paloschi and others too much space to work with. (tho rino really should have been deeper as well tbh)

and he should look at zambrotta and learn how to deal with the ball at your feet when under pressure - turn your back towards the enemy, and fall over as soon as he makes contact, earning the easiest fk ever. :tongue:

lol good strategy... although it didnt work for mexes when he gave the ball away on the build up of barca's first pk

Costanza

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Rino, Ambro, Superpippo, KPB, De Jong, SES, Monty, LA77, Max Allegri, KD35, Manu
FB, First game, no major fuck-up, in Milan?

Huge Victory.

Falkryr

The Champion !
Reaction score
He have much better vision than Abate, interesting to see him play with better team mates

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
The right side was clearly a problem in the first 30 minutes, but the problem was that Gattuso was to aggresive imo. Overall De Sciglio, Nesta and Gattuso didn't look like they'd trained that much together.

Doubt they did. Nesta and Rino arent fit either.

What I liked about him is that he moves and thinks like a player and not just reacting like Abate. Need to see him come forward a bit more and be a bit more involved in offence.

Hope it doesnt take an emergency situation to see him again because he clearly isnt scared, he just needs experience.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
I prefer having him over abate.

Kasoka

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Shevchenko, Gattuso, Ambrosini
I prefer having him over abate.

berneydidnotread.gif

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
you obviously did :lol:

what a n00b :lol:

VultureNut

Expiring Contract
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Boban, Vultures, Any free transfers, Fodder, Sub-par Fodder.
FB, First game, no major fuck-up, in Milan?

Huge Victory.

Yeah, where i'm at with him.

We've seen much worse FB performances than his many times this season, a bit nervy to start with but seemed quite calm.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
he wasnt that great, but for his first start he was solid. We have seen worse this year (cough...Taiwo...cough)

He seems to have solid game intelligence. If we can find a team in Serie A next season or maybe Serie B that would take him on a dry loan for a season where he could get a year of starting experience under his belt.

I'm pretty sure he can play at LB too, so he could eventually be our backup to both spots

masterofnaiads

Drummer Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Zidane, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Gattuso, Inzaghi, Rivaldo, Kaka, Forlan, Cocu, Riquelme, Cafu
De Mattia Sciglio said after the game to Milan Channel:

"Tonight was important to win, I am also pleased with my performance.

Nesta has helped me so much today, is great. But all my companions were close to me, we are a great group.

In the second half, I got more confidence, I played better. thank the coach for the opportunity tonight. "

BrasilianMilan

Eternal Rossonero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Seedorf, Romagnoli, Paqueta, Piatek
Nice debut from De Sciglio, I think if he plays more games (when Abate's absent) he'll gain more confidence and develop as a superb backup! :thumbsup:

belloefamoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Nice debut from De Sciglio, I think if he plays more games (when Abate's absent) he'll gain more confidence and develop as a superb backup! :thumbsup:

Sciglio played better than from Second half. Good feet! intelligent, he only need more time to get experience:proud::proud::proud:

SENSACION7

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
He have much better vision than Abate, interesting to see him play with better team mates
Doubt they did. Nesta and Rino arent fit either.

What I liked about him is that he moves and thinks like a player and not just reacting like Abate. Need to see him come forward a bit more and be a bit more involved in offence.

Hope it doesnt take an emergency situation to see him again because he clearly isnt scared, he just needs experience.

Good Debut !

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
"Tonight was important to win, I am also pleased with my performance.

Nesta has helped me so much today, is great. But all my companions were close to me, we are a great group.

In the second half, I got more confidence, I played better. thank the coach for the opportunity tonight. "
dat senatore influences. :proud:

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Baresi, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo, Rivaldo
he is not physicaly strong yet.. but a good player. in the end i like him.