The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players

AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players Talk about the history of AC Milan or its legendary/ordinary former players.

View Poll Results: Ronnieboy will
return as soon possible, guns blazing and save our asses this season 80 43.24%
definitely be fit by the time Christian Maldini makes his debut 62 33.51%
WHY DO YOU WANT A POLL when he's gonna get crocked again!!!? (tougue-in-cheek) 43 23.24%
Voters: 185. You may not vote on this poll

Old 22-05-2007, 21:57   #2061
Kalac#16
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by teis
Not enough to perform like he once did. I'm not saying it's fat, but for a footballer is also not good to have too much muscles
Just say that to Franky Lampard and Adriano
Kalac#16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2007, 03:07   #2062
teis
Alice in Chains

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaldiniISgod
He is also alot older than he once was, you can't expect him to stay as in-shape as he was when he was 20 or 25 when he is 30.
Why not? He's not 50 years old. Other people can do it, now he must work during the summer to get in shape. He did good for us these 6 months, but next season he must get in shape.
teis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2007, 03:56   #2063
Beemer
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Not enough
What are you, Jack LaLanne?

Signature
Beemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2007, 04:41   #2064
MaldiniISgod
designated hippy

Fav. Players: Maldini, Kaka, Nesta

Quote:
Why not? He's not 50 years old. Other people can do it, now he must work during the summer to get in shape. He did good for us these 6 months, but next season he must get in shape.
Who are these "other people"? Name one player who has improved (physically) after injuries and age.

Also, how fucking thin do you want the guy? If he is a fucking twig then he is going to get pushed around like a little bitch upfront. You need to learn logic my friend, and stop supporting anorexia.

Last edited by MaldiniISgod; 23-05-2007 at 04:47.
MaldiniISgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2007, 12:23   #2065
Marcus
Costacurta Groupie

Fav. Players: Maldini, Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Costacurta, Pazzini, MENEZ

Quote:
Who are these "other people"? Name one player who has improved (physically) after injuries and age.

Also, how fucking thin do you want the guy? If he is a fucking twig then he is going to get pushed around like a little bitch upfront. You need to learn logic my friend, and stop supporting anorexia.
LOL

Signature
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2007, 15:05   #2066
crazymilangirl
Busy, Busy, Busy

Fav. Players: Maldini, Kaka, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta, Seedorf and Superpippo!!!!

Quote:

LOL @ anorexia
i personally do not want him as thin as inzaghi ( ) it would definately not suit him,....and he doesnt need to look like a anorexic bitch but just go from FLAB to FAB lol
replace the fat and huge stomach with abs

in the pic above, he looks pretty good imo, even the abs..

Signature
With a courage that was more than human he managed to leave a message for the entire world: "Do not submit to exploitation, of any kind; maintain a tenacious grip on veracity; better die with honour than live in shame".
crazymilangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2007, 17:22   #2067
takahan
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Not enough to perform like he once did. I'm not saying it's fat, but for a footballer is also not good to have too much muscles
Well I think fat Ron is far better than the combine effort of Inzaghi, Gila, and Oli in this season. So I think Is okie to be fat.

Maradona is also fat and yet he is rated as the world best footballer
takahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2007, 18:12   #2068
teis
Alice in Chains

Quote:
Originally Posted by takahan
Well I think fat Ron is far better than the combine effort of Inzaghi, Gila, and Oli in this season. So I think Is okie to be fat.

Maradona is also fat and yet he is rated as the world best footballer
I'm not saying he plays bad, but why settle for a player playing at 80% of his abilities when he could play at 100%
Old 23-05-2007, 18:46   #2069
takahan
World Cup Winner

Quote:
I'm not saying he plays bad, but why settle for a player playing at 80% of his abilities when he could play at 100%
I doubt Ronaldo can play at 100% of his abilities again,
He no longer has the pace and strength he used to have.
But then again a 80% Ronaldo is good enough.
Old 23-05-2007, 19:13   #2070
teis
Alice in Chains

Quote:
I doubt Ronaldo can play at 100% of his abilities again,
He no longer has the pace and strength he used to have.
But then again a 80% Ronaldo is good enough.
Give me one reason why he couldn't play at 100% again. And no bullshit about his age
Old 23-05-2007, 23:07   #2071
MaldiniISgod
designated hippy

Quote:
You seriously need to stop just pulling shit out of your ass. HOW THE HELL do you know that he isn't performing to his abilities? Can you read minds? HE HAS AGED, people get old, they get slower. All you do is talk and talk nonsense, please give some evidence that SOMEWHAT substantiates your view and I might be obliged to agree because right now you sound like a total ******.
Old 23-05-2007, 23:13   #2072
teis
Alice in Chains

Quote:
You seriously need to stop just pulling shit out of your ass. HOW THE HELL do you know that he isn't performing to his abilities? Can you read minds? HE HAS AGED, people get old, they get slower. All you do is talk and talk nonsense, please give some evidence that SOMEWHAT substantiates your view and I might be obliged to agree because right now you sound like a total ******.
You blind or what?

It's not because you didn't see him play in his young days you have an excuse to not know how good he is. Ronaldo can play better, if you don't see that then you should simply not watch football cause you don't get it. And age is an ridiculous excuse. He's fucking 30 years old! How come Cafu could play like he always did till he was 35 and Ronaldo's getting old at 30???
Old 23-05-2007, 23:14   #2073
Madridista
not exactly a lightweight

Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Pato, Ronaldinho, Robinho, Cassano, Drogba, Pandev, Balotelli, Benzema, Kaka, Isco, Jese

Quote:
Give me one reason why he couldn't play at 100% again. And no bullshit about his age
You need reminding of the career threatening injury Ronaldo had, because of which he still can't fully twist his right knee, the effects it had on his body during the rehabilitation process (which added a lot of muscle mass) and the psychological effect that turned Ronaldo from that daring unstoppable youngster into a somewhat fearful and reserved player.

Ronaldo's 80% is better than 99% of the other players' 100%. Whoa.
Madridista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2007, 23:19   #2074
MaldiniISgod
designated hippy

Quote:
You blind or what?

It's not because you didn't see him play in his young days you have an excuse to not know how good he is. Ronaldo can play better, if you don't see that then you should simply not watch football cause you don't get it. And age is an ridiculous excuse. He's fucking 30 years old! How come Cafu could play like he always did till he was 35 and Ronaldo's getting old at 30???
Has Cafu had repeated knee injuries, one which managed to keep him out for an ENTIRE year? It's you who is obviously blind. He has been fantastic this year even with his form issues and he is probably going to be even better next season. What you are trying to say is that a player who has been badly injured in the past and aged has no excuse for being less capable than he once was? Have you seen the man run recently? He is nowhere near as fast as he once was, does that mean he is trying to run slow? No, he can't run any faster. You're acting like he isn't trying, he is trying he just can't give anymore physically.
Old 23-05-2007, 23:34   #2075
teis
Alice in Chains

Quote:
Has Cafu had repeated knee injuries, one which managed to keep him out for an ENTIRE year? It's you who is obviously blind. He has been fantastic this year even with his form issues and he is probably going to be even better next season. What you are trying to say is that a player who has been badly injured in the past and aged has no excuse for being less capable than he once was? Have you seen the man run recently? He is nowhere near as fast as he once was, does that mean he is trying to run slow? No, he can't run any faster. You're acting like he isn't trying, he is trying he just can't give anymore physically.
I'm not acting like he isn't trying, I'm saying the man can't run faster because his body doesn't allow it. And if he would get in perfect condition he could run faster and could turn faster than now. He comes from a team where there's an alcohol smell in the locker room. A team that refuses to sprint if their coach asks on training. And you think that after 5 months of decent training he's in his best condition?
Old 24-05-2007, 12:38   #2076
GreatKalu
I still believe!

I think teis has a valid + strong point. Ronaldo has to focus at maintaining the prestige at Milan, seven times winners This summer will be crucial, and I think he knows it. He has the possibility of winning a cup that has eluded him in his highly decorated career with the squad Milan has. He has to work hard to get himself in prime condition. Losing the extra kilos + more work on his body prone persistent injuries would improve his game by quite a distance. I'm not saying he hasn't been somewhat of a success ... just that there is room for improvement, and I'm sure he knows it. If he's really dedicated, he'll work on it.

Signature
SEVEN
GreatKalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2007, 18:33   #2077
elly
Rookie

Fav. Players: All of Them(AC Milan)

Silvio Berlusconi e Ronaldo

elly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2007, 19:26   #2078
zZ[-_-]Zz
Gli Invicibili

Fav. Players: Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten

make way... it's a stampede... LOLZ...

Signature

Numero 6 per sempre
C' solo un capitano
zZ[-_-]Zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2007, 21:39   #2079
takahan
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Well do you expect someone who had being playing at 70% to 80% ability for the past few years due to health and injury problems to suddenly recover at age 32 or 34? Do you expect Ronaldo to be running as fast as he used to be when he is 10 years younger?

Age does make a difference, my friend.
Unless you agree that if Pele trains everyday, he will be able to play at 100% of his ability.

Ronaldo is the best striker ever in the entire football history, but he had already past his peak although he is still good.

Last edited by takahan; 25-05-2007 at 21:41.
Old 27-05-2007, 21:33   #2080
teis
Alice in Chains

Quote:
Well do you expect someone who had being playing at 70% to 80% ability for the past few years due to health and injury problems to suddenly recover at age 32 or 34? Do you expect Ronaldo to be running as fast as he used to be when he is 10 years younger?

Age does make a difference, my friend.
Unless you agree that if Pele trains everyday, he will be able to play at 100% of his ability.

Ronaldo is the best striker ever in the entire football history, but he had already past his peak although he is still good.
Can you count till 30? He's 30 years old, not 32 or 34. He got injured when he was like 26-27(?). So how come players like Jankulovski and Ricardo Oliveira, who both got similar injuries, come back but Ronaldo can't? Jankulovski got injured when he played for Udinese and hardly played his first year with us because of that. He was out for 6-9 months if i recall correctly, but now he's back. He even got injured when he was 28, so he was older than Ronaldo. Ricardo Oliveira went back to Brazil to come back after his injury.

So give me one decent reason