italian supercup - YOU can be host !!!

*rossonera*

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
spend a few grand and juve + milan will play in your backyard! :D

WORKSHOP 2003 - MILAN'S NEXT FIXTURES
06/02/2003 17:03

Milan and Juventus will meet on August 17 in the Berlusconi Trophy and on August 23 or 24 in the Italian SuperCup. It could take place also far away, it depends on the offer the club will receive. On December 14 the team then will travel to Tokyo for the Europe/South America trophy.

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's great. I'm sure there are a couple of countries able to spend quite some money for a Milan vs. Juve in their own country. :)

I'm offering $30. :)

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MVB|Sheva|Max|Maldini|Kakà
Well my country invited Juve a few months ago with all their stars to play a game here ...
So who knows, MAYBE :D

mamma_mia!

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Come to Sydney LOL we have Fan-bloody-tastic facilities to host but cash? In football? people would think its like rugby football and there's no money soccer has here plus too far away......
its ok i can always dream :cry:

mellanie

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sandro Nesta
It seems this Italian Super Cup will be plaid in Tokyo...

too far away for me and for my pockets... :cry:

Untitled

Primavera
Reaction score
mamma_mia! said:
Come to Sydney LOL we have Fan-bloody-tastic facilities to host but cash? In football? people would think its like rugby football and there's no money soccer has here plus too far away......

lets put in $15.05 each and we can take the lead in the bidding :devil2:

mamma_mia!

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Untitled said:
mamma_mia! said:

lets put in $15.05 each and we can take the lead in the bidding :devil2:

I was thinking if we said it was a cricket test match we could host it :tongue: I mean, there is a ball involved and everything...

mad4milan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Now the big talk seems to be New York.

This would mean that Juve will play there twice this summer...

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone playing for AC Milan
How 'bout the brand new Home Depot center in LA, that way I can go ;)

02_28_stadium80.jpg

*rossonera*

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
30 bucks???? cheapskates!!! :o ;)

i offer 100 euro. the match is mine already. :tongue:

i'm sure the teams will particularly enjoy the venue: a nice albeit somewhat bumpy grass pitch [f*ckin moles!] under old-growth apple + cherry trees. players will not only have access to my house, they'll be treated to delicious home-made breakfasts, lunchs + dinners, too and will be shielded from obtrusive groupies + fans by my very own watchdog. i will personally take care of the pre and post match physiotherapy. :D

Reaction score
dear Kyara......JUVE should't ever think to come to UAE again if they don't wana get humiliated...... :D
but i hope they play in UAE so i could watch the game... :rolleyes:
:devil: OUTLAW :devil:

mad4milan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
ferruginouz said:
OUTLAWZ said:
dear Kyara......JUVE should't ever think to come to UAE again if they don't wana get humiliated...... :D

May i ask why??
They lost a match over there against a local club earlier this year. :D

It was against Al–Ain [spelling?] if I remember correctly.

ferruginouz

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
mad4milan said:
ferruginouz said:
OUTLAWZ said:

May i ask why??
They lost a match over there against a local club earlier this year. :D

It was against Al–Ain [spelling?] if I remember correctly.

LOL !! Really... how about the score??? :D :D

The Persian

Beginner
Reaction score
If the Supercup was held in NEW YORK i would want to go does anybody know the approximate date?

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MVB|Sheva|Max|Maldini|Kakà
Yes it was against Al-Ain club in a friendly match!! They won 1-0 and the goal was quite nice actually :tongue:

Reaction score
it's not the problem with the score..........
but AL AIN dominated :rolleyes: the match from the start to the end :D
the won the calcio b'coz we were unlucky :cool:
:devil2: OUTLAW :devil2:

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
As soon as the tickets go on sale I am boking my flight! :devil2:

www.channel4.com

New York stages Italian Supercup

This year's Italian Supercup between Juventus and Milan will be held in New York, it was confirmed today.

The trophy is contested between the winners of the Scudetto and the Coppa Italia holders, but in this case also happens to be a replay of the Champions' League Final.

Last season's edition was held in Libya, but New York has won out over competition from Tokyo.

The match will take place at the Giants Stadium on August 3 2003, a good three weeks earlier than the original August 24 date.

The decision was made because both Milan and Juve will be in the United States for a summer tour during that period.

It has now become traditional to play the Italian Supercup overseas in a bid to increase ticket sales.

Juventus are the holders after beating Parma 2-1.

ferruginouz

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Congratulation seamus!!

You have won the auction :D :D

Btw.. could you share pics in this forum when you back from the game??

I'm sure it will be hard to find some pics on the net.... :head:

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yeah I posted in Announcement, ?'s, and Suggestions my itinerary so far.

July 29 - Flying into DC
July 30 - Milan-Barca :devil2:
Aug 1 - Rent car in DC and drive to New York City
Aug 3 - Milan-Juve :devil:
Aug 4 - Drive back to DC
Aug 5 - Fly home
Aug 6 -Sleep

The Milan-Barca tickets are already on sale ($35.00 to $125.00), the Milan-Juve are not for sale yet.

If you are just going to the game at RFK, you might want to pay a little more for the better tickets. I have been told that it is huge. The $60.00 tickets seam to be to best bet so far. The $125.00 tickets vs. Barca is a great thing if you can afford it. If you pay for the most expensive, you get to sit in the 2nd tier and get access to the training session the day before. WOuld love to get that, but I'm struggling to figure out home I gonna afford this whole trip, so that's out.

Seating chart for RFK: http://www.venuemaps.com/rfk.htm

Seating at Giants Stadium: http://www.meadowlands.com/stadium/seating/pdf/s_soccer.pdf

And without a doubt I will bring my good camera this time and take some great picts. for everyone at both games.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
1. I think its sad that the clubs involved shit on their Italian fans and sell an event like that to the highest bidder abroad.

2. Galliani apparently wants to cancel some matches of the scheduled US tour.

From ACMilan.com:

... the club are working to reduce the number of fixtures Milan are expected to face in their visit to the United States in view of the Italian Super Cup against Juventus scheduled on August 3 in New York.

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Passion for *9* said:
1. I think its sad that the clubs involved shit on their Italian fans and sell an event like that to the highest bidder abroad.

2. Galliani apparently wants to cancel some matches of the scheduled US tour.

From ACMilan.com:

... the club are working to reduce the number of fixtures Milan are expected to face in their visit to the United States in view of the Italian Super Cup against Juventus scheduled on August 3 in New York.

1. I don't in the slightest bit. What did Milan play last year 55+ games, at least 44 of thoes games were in Italy (and about 29 in the San Siro). If Milan don't build their fan base outside Italy they are going to be hurting for money. Everyone wants to sign a big name player, but you have to pay for them and this is a way to get money. For all their fans in the US, Candada and the Asia this is one of the only ways we'll be able to see them live. You're in the middle of Europe, what's it take to get to Italy? A 4 or 5 hour drive? For me it's a $1,700 ticket and about 14 hours of travel. ;)

2. That's to bad - I hope they don't cancel the Barca game. Oh and don't quote ACMilan.com, type the officiall site said...

mad4milan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Well, if they cancel one of the matches, I hope they announce it soon...
I don't want to waste some valuable $$$ on a plane ticket... :rolleyes:

unrossonero

vüsa minga!
Reaction score
i think seamus is right on the financial issue.
plus, consider that in august it's very difficult to bring people to the stadiums in italy because it's a major time for holiday: on august 3 milan or turin will be deserted and people have just had enough emotions with the national league and (mostly) the cl, whereas overseas such events are bound to have created a lot of expectation ... as seamus's nice little plan proves.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
unrossonero said:
i think seamus is right on the financial issue.
plus, consider that in august it's very difficult to bring people to the stadiums in italy because it's a major time for holiday: on august 3 milan or turin will be deserted and people have just had enough emotions with the national league and (mostly) the cl, whereas overseas such events are bound to have created a lot of expectation ... as seamus's nice little plan proves.

I didnt consider this. I was just bitching/venting because I would have loved to go since I cant go during the school year. And I cant afford a trip to the US. :cry:

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Seamus said:
You're in the middle of Europe, what's it take to get to Italy? A 4 or 5 hour drive? For me it's a $1,700 ticket and about 14 hours of travel. ;)

Are you flying first-class???? :tongue:

For me, it would be either a 12 hour train ride (one-way) OR a 1-hour train ride + one ½-hour + another 1½ hour flight or something like that. Havent checked connections in detail.

Seamus said:
Oh and don't quote ACMilan.com, type the officiall site said...

Why? :conf: