Mathieu Flamini Thread

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
The only thing i disliked about Flamini, was those two footed lunging tackles.

Monsieur

2footedtackle
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Teofilo Cubillas, Jose Velasquez, Cesar Cueto

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
tumblr_mvst1i4DYE1ra628co6_1280.jpg

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
dafuq is this :lol:

Will Flamini's catwalk contribution continue to go unappreciated?

Well, that was an odd little sub-plot at the end of Arsenal's win over Marseille, but there was no hiding Arsene Wenger's displeasure with Mathieu Flamini. Or, indeed, the curt nature of the response. "I've been playing at the top level for ten years," Flamini said. "I like to wear short sleeves, that's what I like to do." Manager and player were both, well, a bit shirty.

This one may run. Unless, of course, Flamini realises Arsenal are too proud a club to have someone messing with their traditions. For his last two games he has taken a pair of scissors and turned his long-sleeve shirt into a short-sleeve top. Before and after the Manchester United game it led to a stand-up row with the kit-man, Vic Akers. Someone was also sufficiently aggrieved with Flamini to leak the story, not least because these were the poppy shirts, to be auctioned after the match. Yet Flamini repeated the trick against Marseille and Wenger – terse and unsmiling – spoke like a man who regarded it as a personal affront. "I do not like that and he will not do that again," he said. "I was surprised he did that; we don't want that."

All very petty and ridiculous, of course, but Arsenal's rule is that the players must all wear the same length sleeve and that it is selected before every game by the captain. Perhaps Flamini could take the example of Olivier Giroud, who rolled up his sleeves rather than indulge in a bit of DIY tailoring. Flamini appears to have taken it as a question of pride. He should probably realise that if he does the same again it would be seen as an insult to his club. That really is the long and short of it.

Daniel Taylor

http://www.theguardian.com/football...s-league-10-talking-points-midweek?CMP=twt_gu

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
rolling up the sleeves
alal.gif

1UGiJNK.png

Monsieur

2footedtackle
Reaction score
Fav. Players
damn i miss him

Dzidzius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
whatever you say about him - he represents quality that we didn't replace since he left.
Also, how the hell besides getting kicked in the head that would stop all of us playing football this guys stays fit at Arsenal? Flamini is the key transfer for Arsene this year.

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta
whatever you say about him - he represents quality that we didn't replace since he left.
Also, how the hell besides getting kicked in the head that would stop all of us playing football this guys stays fit at Arsenal? Flamini is the key transfer for Arsene this year.

goal by flamini...assist by Ozil

#justsaying

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
cant tell whats better about him. either that playstation goal or dem thick eyebrows

grazie ronaldo of managers:gt:between him, the beard guy and the guy that thinks statically waiting for someone to come close so he can fall in front of his feet, knock the ball away and shoot as quickly as possible is called football you definitely picked the best b2b fodder midfielder to get rid of

Monsieur

2footedtackle
Reaction score
Fav. Players
flamini is just too sexy

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
:fp:

god dammit arsenal.

He could have finished the entire calendar year with just 1 league loss against united :eek:

Now that Man City blemish is on his CV :head:

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Finished 2013 year with just 2 league loses. And top of the league

Continued his great milan form at arsenal being a key signing. Easily played like a 20 mil player.

Brought the much needed grinta that arsenal have lacked for ages.

And didnt forget to entertain us with good amount of flaminukes :proud:

2013 year of the monsieur. :proud:

Not in the least surprised that our midfield gets overrun without his defensive contribution.

Last edited:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Flamini was one of the most worthless players to ever wear the milan shirt.

Monsieur

2footedtackle
Reaction score
Fav. Players
i cant measure flamini's worth

no one can

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Topping the most competitive league like a boss? Check.

Second best milan mid fielder after monto last year and undefeated? Check.

Draws a bigger crowd each week to stadiums than any lame ufc fight? Not to mention more talented? Double Check.

:proud:

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
he's a good player like KPB that we have struggled to replace their roles in the squad

waiting for radja and honda....

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Topping the most competitive league like a boss? Check.

Second best milan mid fielder after monto last year and undefeated? Check.

Draws a bigger crowd each week to stadiums than any lame ufc fight? Not to mention more talented? Double Check.

:proud:

Stop jizzing about other teams, please. I couldn't care less what he is doing now. Your probably overrating his performance in arsenal as well.

He spent 4-5 years in Milan, couldn't train well and stay fit to save his life and when he played he was rubbish to average.

Best midfielder after montolivo? After monto there was a pile of shit :lol: you're talking like we had the best midfield in europe or something. :fp:

Pls gtfo

Pls

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Stop jizzing about other teams, please. I couldn't care less what he is doing now. Your probably overrating his performance in arsenal as well.

He spent 4-5 years in Milan, couldn't train well and stay fit to save his life and when he played he was rubbish to average.

Best midfielder after montolivo? After monto there was a pile of shit :lol: you're talking like we had the best midfield in europe or something. :fp:

Pls gtfo

Pls

I'll jizz over whoever i want. It is my jizz and the internet aint persia. :o

:lol: what a revisionist and a hater :lol:

He always did well under allegri. And played really well for us last season. One of the main reason why our defense help up second half of the season.

I'll look for your expertise when i need failure assessed. I heard you ended up relegating a club as a coach.... So thats nothing to do with champion like flamini. :cool:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'll jizz over whoever i want. It is my jizz and the internet aint persia. :o

:lol: what a revisionist and a hater :lol:

He always did well under allegri. And played really well for us last season. One of the main reason why our defense help up second half of the season.

I'll look for your expertise when i need failure assessed. I heard you ended up relegating a club as a coach.... So thats nothing to do with champion like flamini. :cool:

Define "always". Only decent stretch he had was last year when he was playing his ass off for his contract.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Define "always". Only decent stretch he had was last year when he was playing his ass off for his contract.

Scudetto winning season did fine whenever called on. Defense was solid that season and he scored goals as well.

Second allegri season injured. Only game he played he scored.

Third allegri season he got into the team after de jong injured. Looked very good.

Last edited:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Scudetto winning season did fine whenever called on. Defense was solid that season and he scored goals as well.

Second allegri season injured. Only game he played he scored.

Third allegri season he got into the team after de jong injured. Looked very good.

Considering he was on 4.5m salary 2 out of those 3 years and the previous years before that, those are some pretty low standards for playing "well".

And like I said, he played his ass off last season because it was his contract year.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for him that he is doing well and I actually think his grit is what's lacking on the team (compared to Muntari and Noce), I am more than happy he is gone.

Schedule