• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
On another note, Swansea's song is class.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
which song?

Don't know the words, but it's a different tune to any other song I've heard. It's more of an anthem than a song.

edit:

This:

Last edited:

hdcantona

Senatore_M84's Protege
Reaction score
that's a Welsh anthem in general - it's just used by swansea fans a fair bit - It's used all the time in Wales rugby games - it's an immense tune.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Papiss Cisse is a thing of beauty. And really interesting to see the way Newcastle played while out of possession tonight.

Cisse far out in the left wing, Ben Arfa in the right, Cabaye up in the centre behind Ba. 4-4-1-1. Cisse's transitions were Maggio-like.

The guy has the mobility and ability to track players one second, defend in his own penalty area soon afterwards, and go running towards the other goal a little later. Brilliant player.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Cisse was more of a striker today with Ba behind/slightly on the wing. Only watched the second half though so can't comment on the first.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Cisse was more of a striker today with Ba behind/slightly on the wing. Only watched the second half though so can't comment on the first.

He was a full-on striker when they had the ball, and on the wing when they didn't. Until Ba was taken off.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don't get why Ba is sad/mad about not having scored in a while when he isn't the one getting all their goal chances anymore. Didn't he say he want Cisse to join him in Newcastle? What did he expect?

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Is he mad?

Be interesting to see what Pardew does next season with Ba/Cisse.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Papiss Cisse is a thing of beauty. And really interesting to see the way Newcastle played while out of possession tonight.

Cisse far out in the left wing, Ben Arfa in the right, Cabaye up in the centre behind Ba. 4-4-1-1. Cisse's transitions were Maggio-like.

The guy has the mobility and ability to track players one second, defend in his own penalty area soon afterwards, and go running towards the other goal a little later. Brilliant player.

weird seeing you praise someone outside serie A for a change, although it's probably the black and white effect.

hdcantona

Senatore_M84's Protege
Reaction score
sounds like Welsh to me, is it?

only one line

"and we were singing,
hymns and arias,
land of my fathers,
ar hyd y nos"

"ar hyd y nos" is (are heed ugh nooooooooosss (no with a long o, and then a strong s at the end)

Land of my Fathers btw is the english translation of the title of the welsh national anthem - and is also the first line

"mae hen wlad fy nhadau,
yn annwyl i mi"

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dalglish on Carrol:

'He has played his best football for the club in two of the last three games,' said Dalglish.

'We know he's moving forward and we know he'd love to play for England in the European Championship. The better he does for us, the better the chance he has got of going there. I'm sure he'll be under consideration.'

After a slow start to his Liverpool career, Carroll has picked up to score in recent away wins at Everton and West Brom.

But he was guilty of a bad miss against Swansea City last weekend that saw the players booed off following a goalless draw.

'Andy will settle in, no problem whatsoever,' added Dalglish.
'At minus £15million [Torres was sold for £50m, Carroll bought for £35m], it's not a bad buy.'

Carroll's strike partner, Luis Suarez, will also come under the spotlight as he plays his first game since receiving an FA charge of racially abusing Manchester United's Patrice Evra last month.

:lol::lol::lol::fp:

sounds like Welsh to me, is it?

Nah, Swansea sing Chinese songs.

TheoLeo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
only one line

"and we were singing,
hymns and arias,
land of my fathers,
ar hyd y nos"

"ar hyd y nos" is (are heed ugh nooooooooosss (no with a long o, and then a strong s at the end)

Land of my Fathers btw is the english translation of the title of the welsh national anthem - and is also the first line

"mae hen wlad fy nhadau,
yn annwyl i mi"

Thnx :star:

Dalglish on Carrol:

:lol::lol::lol::fp:

Nah, Swansea sing Chinese songs.

:lol::lol: in that case ManU sing Pakistani?

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Aren't Swansea fans that chant "do the Ayatollah"?

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
85.2% - Swansea have the 4th best passing accuracy in Europe's top 5 leagues this season, after Barcelona, Bayern and Man City. Refreshing.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
85.2% - Swansea have the 4th best passing accuracy in Europe's top 5 leagues this season, after Barcelona, Bayern and Man City. Refreshing.
breath of fresh air. :thumbsup:

looks like someone else tookover arsenal's tag as barca-wannabes. :lol:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
And absolutely useless possession last night. I think they had 77% or something, yet Newcastle were always in control of the game.Really funny.

weird seeing you praise someone outside serie A for a change, although it's probably the black and white effect.

What's your height in inches?

hdcantona

Senatore_M84's Protege
Reaction score
6xlTs.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule