The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Matches

AC Milan Matches Talk about AC Milan's matches, post your comments, your views on the team performance, line-ups, etc. Find out the latest live AC Milan streams.

Old 01-09-2019, 10:17   #941
MilanMB
Serendipity

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Romagnoli.

So you've decided that we are worse than last year after two games? I'd understand the concern more if we'd continued with the same coach, but this coach is new and he's changing a lot of things, isn't it understandable that there's some friction at the beginning?

Again, why do you expect the end result right from the beginning? When the season is over we'll know if we're better than last year or not right?

Signature
GOAT
MilanMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 11:26   #942
VooDooDoll
))<>((

i watched replay of the game beacuse was away, after checking result and forum...
we played ok, not bad not great; if we would score at least one more goal from all chances we had people would not overreact (like kessie terrible passer whole game, etc.)

Signature

VooDooDoll is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 11:53   #943
Buske
AC Milan Legend

Game was not that bad as some of you are saying. We could have easily scored more. Paqueta's post, Kessie clear chance.. And i wont even mention Piatek chances. Had it gone in, noone would talk about bad game.
We did lose control at one point, but we created many scoring chances
Buske is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 12:01   #944
Mr. Milanista
Milanista since Birth

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buske View Post
Game was not that bad as some of you are saying. We could have easily scored more. Paqueta's post, Kessie clear chance.. And i wont even mention Piatek chances. Had it gone in, noone would talk about bad game.
We did lose control at one point, but we created many scoring chances
Between minute 15 and 85 we were dog shit to be honest. I dont know what happend after minute 85, whether it was Brescia opening up space or us just taking control and playing the way we intend to play. Nevertheless we should aim to play that throughout the entire game. That was world class. And with a bit more luck (well luck was really the only thing missing) we would have won 4-0 if Piatek scored his 2 chances and Paquetas Kaka moment resulted in a goal.

I really want us to play like that all the time

Signature
AC MILAN
GREATEST TEAM OF ALL TIME
RED N BLACK TIL I DIE
Mr. Milanista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 12:10   #945
Boban1982
Scudetto 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanMB View Post
So you've decided that we are worse than last year after two games? I'd understand the concern more if we'd continued with the same coach, but this coach is new and he's changing a lot of things, isn't it understandable that there's some friction at the beginning?

Again, why do you expect the end result right from the beginning? When the season is over we'll know if we're better than last year or not right?
I was just expecting better. Gattuso was sacked because he didn't get 4th. The players have been together a season longer, bar the new additions. We should be doing better than 3 points from Udinese and Brescia and we are lucky to have that.

I hope GP does well but i'm certainly not convinced by the ridiculous team selection in Udine or the performances. Hopefully it will all improve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Milanista View Post
Between minute 15 and 85 we were dog shit to be honest. I dont know what happend after minute 85, whether it was Brescia opening up space or us just taking control and playing the way we intend to play. Nevertheless we should aim to play that throughout the entire game. That was world class. And with a bit more luck (well luck was really the only thing missing) we would have won 4-0 if Piatek scored his 2 chances and Paquetas Kaka moment resulted in a goal.

You are right. Between the 15th and 85th minute we were truly awful and any decent team would have hammered us. It is disappointing we left it so late to start to play and another goal would have been great.

Onwards and upwards!

Signature
Boban1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 12:23   #946
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Milanista View Post

A few factors:

- Brescia got desperate at the end and took big risks to get an equalizer, but it mainly lead to their mids being caught out of position a bunch of times.
- Borini, Piatek and Paq reenergized the team. Especially Borini. Brescia players couldn't deal with the sudden high pressure.

Signature
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 12:25   #947
jurinius
National Team Player

Fav. Players: Maldini Cafu Boban Pirlo Inzaghi Shevchenko Leonardo Van Basten Ambrosini

Just watched the full replay. Very good game ! you can see players acting more confident than vs Udinese. For me it's 50% on coach + 50% players themselves feeling superior to Brescia side. Fine

Piatek : When I saw the comments on match thread I thought Piatek was alone against the keeper, was more tricky than that, still he missed it. he doesn't look mad for not scoring as well.

Paqueta : Was playing up front and you clearly see that he should be there, nothing to do in the mid. Maybe a msg in curva sud will save him.

Hakan : Interesting game, always good to score.

Suso : The maestro take it to the right and deliver an assist. Great move !

GP : U had Samu Silva Suso at the start nobody will kill you if you finish the game with Paqueta Piatek Leao (Yes they don't know the system)

The team is playing well but something is still missing between the players (Especially attacking ones - see the replay after Paqueta unlucky shoot). Pep would have been mad after Suso attempt not because it as gone off but because not trusting other players effort is destructive. Giving the ball to Piatek running maybe this ball would have came back to him for an easy goal -> They say they need time OK

Signature
08 January 2019
MALDINI: "PAQUETÁ IS A PROMISING PLAYER"
jurinius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 12:45   #948
General
God Emperor of Humility

Fav. Players: People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanMB View Post
Just curious, why do people expect the end product from the very beginning? GP himself have said multiple times that he needs TIME to make this work/look good.
An inch or two on Pacqueta’s shot along with a few inches for Peeontech’s shot and it would have been 3-0

Milan dominated the match and had some shitty end product in the final third too many times with lost balls

Anyone who downplays yesterday as anything less than a good step in the right direction is blind

Signature
Official RnB Contributor

Forza Nicky
General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 13:23   #949
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by General View Post
Milan dominated the match
Nope. At least not more than 20 mins of it.

Quote:
Anyone who downplays yesterday as anything less than a good step in the right direction is blind
Moving Suso and Hakan away from the trequartista and regista spots is, of course, the right direction to go.
The team has never looked more dysfunctional than in the opening game against Udinese.
For this game, one could tell beforehand just by looking at the XI, and the fact it's a home game, that the performance and result will be nowhere near as bad as the last game.

But we are yet to see any collective improvements, compared to last season.

Signature
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 15:45   #950
Pingu
Maldoban

Quote:
An inch or two on Pacqueta’s shot along with a few inches for Peeontech’s shot and it would have been 3-0

Milan dominated the match and had some shitty end product in the final third too many times with lost balls

Good step in the right direction, yes. But dominated the match? Maybe if you look at only possession stats but other than the first and last 15 mins it was pretty even.

Signature
Pingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 00:27   #951
Hoplite
National Team Player

Quote:

Interesting. I wonder who is the blind one here
Hoplite is offline   Reply With Quote