The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Matches

AC Milan Matches Talk about AC Milan's matches, post your comments, your views on the team performance, line-ups, etc. Find out the latest live AC Milan streams.

Old Today, 08:33   #1321
necromancer
Il Diamante

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyrider View Post
He’s rotating Bennacer and Biglia.
I think it's more horses for courses than simple rotation. My hypothesis is that Biglia suits games where we expect to have 60%+ possession, and will play most of the game in the opponent's half. Space is limited, and the regista essentially needs more awareness and distribution ability from more or less the same line rather than mobiity.

Bennacer suits games where the field will get spread more, the regista himself needs to come forward and execute triangles with other midfielders and attackers. He's quite a lot like Sensi in that respect - he can deliver things ahead in the field as well as in front of the defense. When mobility is expected from the regista, play Bennacer.

I expect Bennacer to start against Inter.

Signature

Last edited by necromancer; Today at 08:36.
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:42   #1322
Oedipus
AC Milan Legend

Except that Biglia isnt good for anything. Our team is static as fuck so no matter who u play, u never play Biglia cuz he's mediocre and slow.
Oedipus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:56   #1323
Raghav
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Maldini, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, R9, Dinho

Very Painful first half. We’ll have more space vs inter but frankly don’t see Rebic - Piatek - Suso doing shit vs their CBs. Just hoping they don’t embarrass us.
Raghav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:29   #1324
joyrider
Il Moderati

Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
I think it's more horses for courses than simple rotation. My hypothesis is that Biglia suits games where we expect to have 60%+ possession, and will play most of the game in the opponent's half. Space is limited, and the regista essentially needs more awareness and distribution ability from more or less the same line rather than mobiity.

Bennacer suits games where the field will get spread more, the regista himself needs to come forward and execute triangles with other midfielders and attackers. He's quite a lot like Sensi in that respect - he can deliver things ahead in the field as well as in front of the defense. When mobility is expected from the regista, play Bennacer.

Good pre analysis. I think it could suit him.
joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:44   #1325
ShevaNo7
Primavera Player

Fav. Players: Van Basten, Maldini, Boban, Weah, Sheva, Kaka, Rui Costa, Nesta, Zizou

Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post

You are just creating some kind of phoney narrative for justifying Biglia's inclusion instead of Bennacer.
His first half performance was shocking, he was just coasting. He was rescued by the fact that Verona got a player sent off and played the second half behind the ball. A good, dynamic regista would have been constantly on the move looking for the ball and trying to create some openings. I saw more spatial awareness and distribution ability from Bennacer against Brescia than I have ever seen from Biglia. Like I said in a previous post I see this move as totally regressive and its the first time I had real doubts about what direction GP is going with this team.
ShevaNo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:37   #1326
MilanMB
Serendipity

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Romagnoli.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild View Post
FFS, when will ppl realize that he is the reason why we are slow , boring & predictable?!!!
He is a statistic player , with an assist & a goal here & there.
But watch the game & you will pull your hair out cause of him.
He went MIA today during the last 30min & for the first time we resembled a team .... a midtable team but at least a team.
I don't like Suso either, but every coach seems to be picking him so I don't really know what to say other than they want to bring out the assist and goals. We don't have any other player who delivers those consistently. If you take out Suso, who do you put in?

We'll probably see some experiments with Rebic, Paqueta and Hakan but don't get your hopes up that they will be much better.

Signature
GOAT
MilanMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:49   #1327
whiterabbit
Galliani sucks big time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan10 View Post
Itís concerning that the best weíve looked so far was with Silva starting.
Cause Piatek is what is called a fraud striker, a one season wonder, if he gets 10 goals from open play this season iím gonna name my future son after him )))

He is not suited for a combining team, canít pass, canít create space, canít hold up the ball, all he has is finishing and that is not enough anymore for top teams

Signature
""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" """"""""""""""""""""""""
Hand me an .8
Beam me up and land me in space
I'ma sit on top of the world I'm already there
And shit on Printer and Jube
As long as I'm on pills, and I got plenty of pot
I'll be in a canoe paddlin' makin' fun of your yacht
whiterabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:57   #1328
necromancer
Il Diamante

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterabbit View Post
Cause Piatek is what is called a fraud striker, a one season wonder, if he gets 10 goals from open play this season iím gonna name my future son after him )))

He is not suited for a combining team, canít pass, canít create space, canít hold up the ball, all he has is finishing and that is not enough anymore for top teams
This is interesting. Will you name him Krzysztof or Piatek or IlPistolero?

I'd love to know how it sounds with the surname.. say your surname is something simple, like Smith or Jones or Khan or Patel. It'll actually be awesome.

Krzysztof Khan. IlPistolero Patel. Piatek Smith.

Signature
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:53   #1329
Qaas
Mystery Guy

Fav. Players: KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan10 View Post
Itís concerning that the best weíve looked so far was with Silva starting.

Andre Silva actually fits more in the ďsystemĒ than the gunman
Qaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 13:17   #1330
Qaas
Mystery Guy

Fav. Players: KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShevaNo7 View Post
You are just creating some kind of phoney narrative for justifying Biglia's inclusion instead of Bennacer.

His first half performance was shocking, he was just coasting. He was rescued by the fact that Verona got a player sent off and played the second half behind the ball. A good, dynamic regista would have been constantly on the move looking for the ball and trying to create some openings. I saw more spatial awareness and distribution ability from Bennacer against Brescia than I have ever seen from Biglia. Like I said in a previous post I see this move as totally regressive and its the first time I had real doubts about what direction GP is going with this team.

Qaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 13:36   #1331
Jasper
Maldini tier

Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli, Michael Avenatti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post
Im hearing monkey chants when Kessie has the ball.
https://twitter.com/HellasVeronaFC/s...99596154298368

Signature
Must follow tumblr - http://milanpeaboss.tumblr.com/

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 13:59   #1332
Fusiproe12
talebano simmetrico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper View Post

Signature
Fusiproe12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 14:14   #1333
nekky
Big Muffin

Fav. Players: Ibrahimovic KakŠ Thiago Silva Shevschenko Cassano Pato Nesta Maldini

I think the reason why Calabria's red card was correct and still standing, was because the offside situation before that, had romagnoli intercept the pass that would have made it offside.

https://streamable.com/vlnaw

Signature

El Faraone
nekky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 15:18   #1334
Milan10
AC Milan Icon

Rodriguez had the fastest sprint because he dusted off his legs and ran full speed to stop a counter down his wing. There was no space to run for the majority of the match.

I’d imagine he’s faster than Romagnoli, Musacchio, Biglia (lol), Hakan, Suso, Piatek, and maybe Paqueta, though. Our team is SLOWWWWWWW
Milan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 17:02   #1335
Boban1982
Scudetto 18

Embarrassing performance. Apart from the 3 points I don't see a lot of positives. We were dire. Kessie was terrible. Only complete luck against a poor side stopped us from losing.

Rebic's miss could be one of the worst of the season. What was he doing.

Signature
Boban1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 17:33   #1336
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper View Post

ingiustiziaaaaaa

They were whistling all Milan players at that moment(right after the red card), but it was combined with monkey noises when Kessie had the ball.

Signature
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 19:46   #1337
Az.
Se7en

Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Happy that we won, and that i didn't have to suffer trough another 90 + minutes of shite football.

Signature
Az. is offline   Reply With Quote