Official: Theo Hernandez Thread

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He's a nice player. But in todays milan where you surounded with shit he is looking like prime robero carlos.

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
Theo is fantastic!

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
not the most skillful but this guy is a bulldozer. kessie should learn from him on how to use physique and speed to run through defense.

melanman

The Oracle
Reaction score
Coming from madrid it is obvious he use to playing the game at much higher intensity than usual serie A tempo.

He and bakayoko prove that players from top clubs in other leagues can infact improve our quality.

Midtable players are not suited to help Milan only players that already play at a high level.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Coming from madrid it is obvious he use to playing the game at much higher intensity than usual serie A tempo.

He and bakayoko prove that players from top clubs in other leagues can infact improve our quality.

Midtable players are not suited to help Milan only players that already play at a high level.

Eh, RM's game is anything but intense. They're all about skills, experience and winning on 2nd gear to conserve energy for their annual 55-60 games.
I would describe the post 2017 RM as even lethargic if it weren't for the pace of some of their players.
Besides Theo hardly even played there, and he was coming here from a Real Sociedad loan.

We got Monacoyoko, not Chelseayoko. Remember?

The best case of players coming from teams with highly intensive games are actually Kessie, Conti, Caldara, Bertolacci, Hakan, Borini.

melanman

The Oracle
Reaction score
Eh, RM's game is anything but intense. They're all about skills, experience and winning on 2nd gear to conserve energy for their annual 55-60 games.
I would describe the post 2017 RM as even lethargic if it weren't for the pace of some of their players.
Besides Theo hardly even played there, and he was coming here from a Real Sociedad loan.

We got Monacoyoko, not Chelseayoko. Remember?

The best case of players coming from teams with highly intensive games are actually Kessie, Conti, Caldara, Bertolacci, Hakan, Borini.

Both those players have shown when they play at top form they are head and shoulders above series a intensity.

Is it coincidence that both player are coming from better clubs than ours currently with more top talent and competition for places

I'm not asking you goodfella:o

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I will always speak out against nonsense.

Baka was a 45m signing from a CL semifinalist.
Theo was one of the most hyped fullbacks in La Liga when RM signed him for 24m.

It's about quality, not intensity or which team they were signed from. Those two players didn't even make a name for themselves in the clubs that sent them here.

Kessie and Hakan have more intensive styles, but Baka has more quality.

melanman

The Oracle
Reaction score

It's about quality, not intensity or which team they were signed from. Those two players didn't even make a name for themselves in the clubs that sent them here.

I think you just like to read your own words on a computer screen.

You're literally intellectually masterbating. I never mentioned kessie or hakan.

You're talking about intensity in relation to play style I am talking about intensity in relation to the level it takes to play at top 5 club. Ex. The intensity in sunday league is less than the intensity in university football.

You see how that works. Once again bakayoko and theo show that their optimal performance is head and shoulders above the rest. Hence why both were in high quality football clubs prior.

Meaning that they have the capacity to play at a much higher intensity.

"So why are they not there you ask "?

Because the both lack consistency.

The end.

I missed you too:proud:

Last edited:

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Can we just put this guy on the LW when RR is back? He is out best attacker atm

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti

I think you just like to read your own words on a computer screen.

You're literally intellectually masterbating. I never mentioned kessie or hakan.

You're talking about intensity in relation to play style I am talking about intensity in relation to the level it takes to play at top 5 club. Ex. The intensity in sunday league is less than the intensity in university football.

You see how that works. Once again bakayoko and theo show that their optimal performance is head and shoulders above the rest. Hence why both were in high quality football clubs prior.

Meaning that they have the capacity to play at a much higher intensity.

"So why are they not there you ask "?

Because the both lack consistency.

The end.

I missed you too:proud:

Not exactly sure you guys are doing the best proving your points to one another but I know I'd rather have Bakayoko in our team and a midfield of

--Bennacer---Paqueta--
-----------Baka----------

or

--------Paq/Benn-------
-----Tonali----Baka------

v what we have rn. I said it last year, Baka is just straight up better than Kessie. I like Kessie but he is just pure average. He works hard and is always decent to solid, but Bakayoko when he started to get his feet underneath him was dominating and had character, something this team lacks sorely right now

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Can we just put this guy on the LW when RR is back? He is out best attacker atm

Sorry, but :fp:

That will go exactly against what we've achieved by buying him.

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Who cares.. if it works, cool

nanook

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
PGaymBg.gif

replay - https://i.imgur.com/a04tYyv.gifv

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Teams start to figure him out in the defensive phase, we either really have to improve the current "water carrier" setup of players covering his ass or he has to play like a normal LB.

pkriston

Primavera
Reaction score
Being a left midfielder in a 4-4-2 might be the best option for him. We can not continue to suffer defensively with the way he plays.

We are not Barcelona or a team that dominates possession to let our lb have such a free role.

I love his offense though. I must say I get excited when he is in possession.

We can also do a 3 man back line to cover him. Might help the likes of Conti finally shine as well...

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
I believe that Theo is a good defender, who can defend well against all sorts of wingers, as we saw yesterday against Lazzari. The problem is just that he has a tendency to be more of an attacker than a defender. Everytime we lose the ball during an attack, someone has to cover the LB spot for him when he decides to bomb forward on the left wing, unless he's able to recover back in the nick of time.

Maybe the suggestion of Theo playing LW, Rodriguez at LB and Calhanoglu back to midfield isn't that bad? (and then take Paqueta out of the team)

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The most obvious solution would be playing a normal 4 at the back and drilling the defensive phase into him. Yes we would loose some of his attacking power but overall it has the highest upside. He can still be the more attacking FB but just with some amount of care.

I don't think he would really shine as a LW, more as a LWB probably. For me it is a question of education too, do we want to make a balanced LB out of him or do we allow him to be a LWB. If we play him at LWB the whole time we shouldn't be surprised if he just becomes a LWB in the long run ... and unlike as with Conti I do see the potential for a balanced enough LB in him.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Krunic is the type of midfielder that needs other players to cover and even compensate for him defensively.

Theo is the type of fullback/wingback that needs other players to cover and even compensate for him defensively.

Leao is the type of wide forward that needs other players to cover and even compensate for him defensively.

To put them on the same flank against Lazio, and have little Ismael cover for all 3 of them, is...just....hilarious.

Both of Lazio's goals came as consequences of this.

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Even though Paqueta looked gassed, subing him out instead of Piatek?.. for Leao, is what killed the game. From that moment our possession was destroyed completely

I wonder if we would be the last team on table without Theo? He is our main threat in this bad period

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Love him. A truly modern fullback.

The fact that he doesn't just stick to the flank, but also cuts inside a lot adds a new dimension to our game.

I hope he stays hungry and motivated, coz the fuckers around him don't help much.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Grazie Paolo

Just like he said, Theo can be top 3 in his position if he does what's needed to improve

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
everybody was hating on Boban and Maldini, but guess what, they made 0 bad signings (besides possibly rebic, but tough to say since GP really wanted somebody to fill whatever junk formation he was going for) and got ripped off 0 times... compare this with Fassone and Mirabelli, who we're still dealing with the bulk of their shitty purchases either in or around our starting lineup and we're still paying the price.. plus we overpaid for most of the players. Maldini and Boban IMO have actually done a great job, BESIDES with Giampaolo. that.... that was bad..

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
everybody was hating on Boban and Maldini, but guess what, they made 0 bad signings (besides possibly rebic, but tough to say since GP really wanted somebody to fill whatever junk formation he was going for) and got ripped off 0 times... compare this with Fassone and Mirabelli, who we're still dealing with the bulk of their shitty purchases either in or around our starting lineup and we're still paying the price.. plus we overpaid for most of the players. Maldini and Boban IMO have actually done a great job, BESIDES with Giampaolo. that.... that was bad..

bit naive.. Theo is the only player that outshined his price tag, while what i quoted you about could be said the same regarding Bennacer, that GP wanted and therefore it's his purchase. Leao was brought for 30 million, not a significant sum for players in this transfer market, but surely not peanuts as some say here, for a young player with no credentials that is coming off of a weak league. up until now he hasn't shown much to justify his transfer.

they had managed to get rid of much left fodder from previous seasons, but M&B's transfer record shows that while they didn't get ripped off per say, they surely hadn't brought in amazing talent that went above and beyond their transfer fee. all in all an ok transfer window bar Theo which seems to be playing for personal reasons related to Maldini specifically.