Paolo Maldini Thread

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
One thing that gets me is well first....why in the last week of December do they always print out the interviews with Maldini? And then there's a interview around April or May. Come on spice it up with Paolo's interviews!

Second, when he says no one of the historic core is doing anything important in Milan...either he forgot about Tassotti considering Mauro has been there since a decade ago or being assistant coach means shit (which is the idea I get from both stories about Leonardo's and Allegri's stories). I know he's a much more reserved figure, but that was total disrespect towards him IMO.

Third total niptick, Paolo you did went out in Euro 2000 vs Sweeden :tongue:.

Fourth. WTF is Braida doing? Maldini clearly says Braida is doing each time less the job of evaluating the players taht arrive, clearly something's up, considering we've gotten guys like Traore (agents and comissions), but then wtf is Braida doing at Milan (I know it's been something I've bitch in the past, but this just pisses me).

Fifth. It's so hard to find him a job inside the management. I mean at the end of the day that work both Leonardo and Allegri wanted of him is basically being a representative figure and a communication link which from his replies to wanting to work at UEFA or Fifa or Figc, seems to me he doesn't want, or mybe its something he could like for a couple of months and then move on. He wants something that doesn't have to deal with politics...and he doesn't want coaching. He can't start right from the top as manager either. :-/, I mean not that I wouldn't want him at Milan, and if I was Galliani, I would've moved fast to have him in the Milan enviroment, slowly integrating him.

I'm completely on board with him that players that made history with Milan should be invited to be part of the team. But thing is, well the italian big figures of Milan (lets be clear that its harder to invite the foreign big names of our history because as much as they have a link with Milan, they have a bigger link with their home teams, their NTs, their countries) in the past 25 years, well Baresi was part of it, in a represenative role mostly he then wanted to become a coach and left and failed...Tassotti is basically the dictator of the assistant coach position, Inzaghi is youth team coach (I'm sure in the near future Gattuso will be there too), Massaro works at the PR department of Milan (something I just checked, was going to say, whenever I saw him on RAI he only had beautiful things to say about Milan, which probably means he's still hired by our PR lol).

The only 2 big italian names from the past 25 years of Milan that aren't in our management or that haven't been part of it in some way (include Carlo, for example) are Billy and Maldini.
Which are heavy weights, and I'm sure their figure can cause issues, both come across as smart guys, Billy has been quiet on all of this, maybe he doesn't want to be that much involved with Milan, maybe knowing he wants to coach, he's opening himself to other options and just be the "Milan guy".

Paolo wants to be part of Milan and deserves it yes, but its also hard to find a position for someone that really closed the doors to many solutions and just wants something specific, that may already have someone there. Yes his rapport with Galliani has clearly gone down the drain since his goodbye, and yes he's a big and influential figure not just in Milan and Italy but in the world, enough that Galliani might find uncomfortable to have him near...but at the same time, Galliani ain't as stupid as to leave out Maldini out of the management just because of a personal issue, there's something more there, considering it actually hurts them more to have him on the outside saying "its a myth that I'm part of the Milan family"...I refuse to believe its all personal (and I'm no fan of the baldie).

In the mean time, I completely agree with his views on the management and its mistakes and the way he basically shut down Berlu's u22 idea, it's utopic and ridiculous and of course even with limited budget we could get better players. Also agree with his views on italian football problems.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Junior & Messias
One thing that gets me is well first....why in the last week of December do they always print out the interviews with Maldini? And then there's a interview around April or May. Come on spice it up with Paolo's interviews!

Second, when he says no one of the historic core is doing anything important in Milan...either he forgot about Tassotti considering Mauro has been there since a decade ago or being assistant coach means shit (which is the idea I get from both stories about Leonardo's and Allegri's stories). I know he's a much more reserved figure, but that was total disrespect towards him IMO.

Fourth. WTF is Braida doing? Maldini clearly says Braida is doing each time less the job of evaluating the players taht arrive, clearly something's up, considering we've gotten guys like Traore (agents and comissions), but then wtf is Braida doing at Milan (I know it's been something I've bitch in the past, but this just pisses me).

Fifth. It's so hard to find him a job inside the management. I mean at the end of the day that work both Leonardo and Allegri wanted of him is basically being a representative figure and a communication link which from his replies to wanting to work at UEFA or Fifa or Figc, seems to me he doesn't want, or mybe its something he could like for a couple of months and then move on. He wants something that doesn't have to deal with politics...and he doesn't want coaching. He can't start right from the top as manager either. :-/, I mean not that I wouldn't want him at Milan, and if I was Galliani, I would've moved fast to have him in the Milan enviroment, slowly integrating him.

I'm completely on board with him that players that made history with Milan should be invited to be part of the team. But thing is, well the italian big figures of Milan (lets be clear that its harder to invite the foreign big names of our history because as much as they have a link with Milan, they have a bigger link with their home teams, their NTs, their countries) in the past 25 years, well Baresi was part of it, in a represenative role mostly he then wanted to become a coach and left and failed...Tassotti is basically the dictator of the assistant coach position, Inzaghi is youth team coach (I'm sure in the near future Gattuso will be there too), Massaro works at the PR department of Milan (something I just checked, was going to say, whenever I saw him on RAI he only had beautiful things to say about Milan, which probably means he's still hired by our PR lol).

The only 2 big italian names from the past 25 years of Milan that aren't in our management or that haven't been part of it in some way (include Carlo, for example) are Billy and Maldini.
Which are heavy weights, and I'm sure their figure can cause issues, both come across as smart guys, Billy has been quiet on all of this, maybe he doesn't want to be that much involved with Milan, maybe knowing he wants to coach, he's opening himself to other options and just be the "Milan guy".

Paolo wants to be part of Milan and deserves it yes, but its also hard to find a position for someone that really closed the doors to many solutions and just wants something specific, that may already have someone there. Yes his rapport with Galliani has clearly gone down the drain since his goodbye, and yes he's a big and influential figure not just in Milan and Italy but in the world, enough that Galliani might find uncomfortable to have him near...but at the same time, Galliani ain't as stupid as to leave out Maldini out of the management just because of a personal issue, there's something more there, considering it actually hurts them more to have him on the outside saying "its a myth that I'm part of the Milan family"...I refuse to believe its all personal (and I'm no fan of the baldie).

In the mean time, I completely agree with his views on the management and its mistakes and the way he basically shut down Berlu's u22 idea, it's utopic and ridiculous and of course even with limited budget we could get better players. Also agree with his views on italian football problems.

Good read. :thumbsup:

Naraku

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Paolo needs to be running the show,fuck Braida and Galliani get Billy and Paolo in to run things.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

I think he questions the influence they have. Baresi is basically in some go-to-preacher role, Inzaghi has 0 influence on the first team, Tassotti is being ran over every time we talk about new coach as well as when Allegri came, Braida influence has been reduced according to Paolo. The way I get it Paolo would like a (only) sporting director job. But it's been cut in Milan so Galliani(as well as Barbara?) has more power. This all in Milan - a team famous for it's nepotism.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Billy was Carlo's assistant for one season... He left to starting coaching in lower leagues, but he didn't do well there.
I guess at some point he switched to TV and he is happy there (judging by his interviews), so isn't trying to come back to football.

Y-Bido92

il-Faraone
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Totti, Zidane, R9
its definitely not as simple as it seems, there's a quite a reason why paolo isn't taking a role in milan. think about it, you can't have maldini around and not hire him and since that's the case there must be some legitimate reason behind the scenes thats keeping them silent about the whole case too

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
paolo para technical director

please Galliani bring this lad back to the club

Lucia

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
"I don’t speak much since I retired from football, and I hope that I make myself clear on those few occasions when I do speak. And yet there is still false news being printed every now and then. It’s absolutely not true that I will be a candidate in Berlusconi's political party. I have never received any offers.
I’ve only seen Berlusconi once after I quit in 2009, which was my last match at San Siro, and that was at the party celebrating Berlusconi’s 25 years at Milan last year. After that I haven’t seen him or talked with him. Getting into politics is not my aspiration."
It's obviously not just a question of Galliani not wanting Maldini in Milan, Berlusconi doesn't seem interested either.

Maldini is too popular with the fans and Berlusconi always wants to be the symbol of the club, he doesn't want to share the glory and Maldini isn't someone he can manipulate, he's not a yes-man, so there's potential for conflicts of interest where Maldini would have the fans sympathy, Berlusconi had a taste of it with Leonardo and he can't even compare to Maldini in Milan status.

Corzioli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pippo, Sheva, Ricky, Messi, Iniesta, Harry Redknapp, Sanosuke Sagara, Chris Redfield.
I read the Maldini interview, everything he said is TRUE.

Galliani and the club in essence made him seem small right from that incident with those idiotic ultras during his 'last game lap'. Ever since, it's been sour.

Allegri is NOT a Milanista. The only reason why he called up Paolo was because it was the popular thing to do. He HATES our history, fighting with all our legends from Pippo to God knows who else. He effectively removed all of them just to make his point.

From his post-match interviews you understand just how WEAK he is..there's no fight, no bottle, in his statements. If we win, nice, if we don't, we're improving. We have nothing to lose, we overhauled the team blah blah blah. Giving excuses for failure. This is AC Milan ffs, not Ascoli. We have a sturdy history of being winners. We've ALWAYS displayed a forceful drive to win. Even Laudrup in Swansea wouldn't talk like that..taking the defeatist stance.

A lot, a whole lot, of things have gone wrong with this club. Maldini is ALWAYS right, he's achieved a lot more than Max would ever dream of. We are missing the foundation stones in this club atm. And I blame Max (and to an extent, G). Even Leo was a REAL Milanista (before the madness)..he still is tbf..that's why he got Paolo's shout-out in that interview.

I miss the Carlo era like so bad. :cry:

Eccolo

Keep calm! Sell everyone!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Diamanti, Verratti, Montolivo + All Juve Stabia players
Even the most vicious Carlo haters miss his days at the club

Dark Knight

Maestro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Baggio Nesta Pirlo Figo Platin Mardona Pippo Kaka Baresi Socrtes Roben Canna Gigi Zico MvB9
It's obviously not just a question of Galliani not wanting Maldini in Milan, Berlusconi doesn't seem interested either.

Maldini is too popular with the fans and Berlusconi always wants to be the symbol of the club, he doesn't want to share the glory and Maldini isn't someone he can manipulate, he's not a yes-man, so there's potential for conflicts of interest where Maldini would have the fans sympathy, Berlusconi had a taste of it with Leonardo and he can't even compare to Maldini in Milan status.

+ infinity :thumbsup:

It's not just Galliani, if berlu wanted him there is nothing galliani could have done to stop maldini being a director at Milan. But Berlu wants yes men and is a bit of narcissistic prick.

Milanista_7

#UCLDNA
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, T.Silva, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Romagnoli
@Milanello

Allegri: "It was my idea to bring back Maldini a couple of years ago, but ideas don't always work out. It wasn't possible. That's all."

Corzioli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pippo, Sheva, Ricky, Messi, Iniesta, Harry Redknapp, Sanosuke Sagara, Chris Redfield.
This whole affair's making me dislike :g: and :b: ...I've always loved them but...you don't do this to a LEGEND, or better still, a LEGENDARY FAMILY. B's ultra-ego, G's pandering to the Curva ultras...except someone has an alternate explanation for this, it's really a low point in Milan's administration. :head:

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
I read the Maldini interview, everything he said is TRUE.

Galliani and the club in essence made him seem small right from that incident with those idiotic ultras during his 'last game lap'. Ever since, it's been sour.

Allegri is NOT a Milanista. The only reason why he called up Paolo was because it was the popular thing to do. He HATES our history, fighting with all our legends from Pippo to God knows who else. He effectively removed all of them just to make his point.

From his post-match interviews you understand just how WEAK he is..there's no fight, no bottle, in his statements. If we win, nice, if we don't, we're improving. We have nothing to lose, we overhauled the team blah blah blah. Giving excuses for failure. This is AC Milan ffs, not Ascoli. We have a sturdy history of being winners. We've ALWAYS displayed a forceful drive to win. Even Laudrup in Swansea wouldn't talk like that..taking the defeatist stance.

A lot, a whole lot, of things have gone wrong with this club. Maldini is ALWAYS right, he's achieved a lot more than Max would ever dream of. We are missing the foundation stones in this club atm. And I blame Max (and to an extent, G). Even Leo was a REAL Milanista (before the madness)..he still is tbf..that's why he got Paolo's shout-out in that interview.

I miss the Carlo era like so bad. :cry:

Even the most vicious Carlo haters miss his days at the club

@Milanello

Allegri: "It was my idea to bring back Maldini a couple of years ago, but ideas don't always work out. It wasn't possible. That's all."

1st off---corziLOL u so dumb bro

2nd off---LOL at you 2 guys missing the carlo era. how hilarious!

bloated, stagnant, fat, slow, content=late carlo era

you guys miss that? LOL

i dont

Armin__m

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
>>rossoneri<<

you guys miss that? LOL

i dont
He was at the club for 8 years, and you`re only looking at the last 2?

Eccolo

Reaction score
Fav. Players

you guys miss that? LOL

i dont

I miss the days when we reached 3 Champions league finals....I guess you dont

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score

you guys miss that? LOL

i dont

No

Of course we rather the shit, bloated, stagnant, clueless, aimless, fodder era we are in now

Eccolo

Reaction score
Fav. Players
There is milk and cookies

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Just leave me alone

U dont understand me

Eccolo

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Like all great geniuses, you are ahead of your time

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score

emerson_02.jpg

Y-Bido92

il-Faraone
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Totti, Zidane, R9
Emerson was a beast. Ain't nobody control the midfield like Emerson did. Ain't nobody.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Wow Paolo is such a gossip girl eeyore :rolleyes:

He needs to retire his old ass now if he can't appreciate the swag of this new Milan :cool:

The fact that he can talk about Allegri wanting Paolo (who has never oached in his life) to point out his (numerous) tactical errors is laughable. dai dai dai = the Mecca of tactical wisdom :o

His shout out to fellow feminine gossip girl whining pussy L30, (who also got tired of Berlu's corrupt destruction of the club and has the balls to stand up for himself) is fucking unforgivable. Who does this old dude think he is anyway :max:

Schedule