Official Combat Sports (MMA, Boxing, Kickboxing) Thread

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
jones is the GOAT

I'm saying he would beat lesnar in a decision, you're saying he would smash him

he couldn't finish smaller men than him = OSP/glover

lesnar has 50 pounds on him, and not roy nelson 50 pounds.

unless you think if glover and OSP moved to HW they could beat lesnar? because hell no :lol:

my point in the first post was that, if lesnar somehow managed to lay and pray on him due to size factor, it would be his only chance of winning, I also mentioned that jones is far more skilled than him in all aspects apart from wrestling.

obviously my favorite in that fight would be jones.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
good, cleared things up

but

1: Jones would bulk up, very important
2: OSP/Glover are much better fighters than Brock and can defend themselves. Especially the brazilian. Brock panics when punched, that's why i think someone with a good stand up and take down defense would smash him. Jones won the wrestling vs fucking DC. And his striking is the most creative out there.

I stand by what I said, if Jones and Brock met, it would end in KO or the more probable TKO.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know how much he can clean bulk in a short amount of time since the rumor is that they want it for early 2018.

Glover being more skilled than brock I agree with, OSP i strongly disagree with. I don't rate OSP at all, that was probably jones worst performance of his career...oh and it was the fight where he came in with more muscle mass.

I still think lesnar beats them both, OSP would be easy work.

if brock can't succeed with his game plan (lay and pray) I can see jones finishing him by tko in the 4th round.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
you overrate Brock a lot.

--

There's a rumor about this?? Seriously?:lol: will never (say never) happen.

Jones' gonna win the LW belt back soon, Brock will not step in an octagon again.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
UFC 214 picks

DC vs Jones

T-wood vs Maia

Cyborg vs Evinger

Lawler vs Cerrone

Manuwa vs Oezdemir

Lamas vs Knight

Sterling vs Barao

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
UFC 214 picks

DC vs Jones - god i hope i'm wrong here

T-wood vs Maia - gonna take a chance here, Maia by KO... j/k submission

Cyborg vs Evinger - .

Lawler vs Cerrone - KO

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
My tickets came today, I'm so excited for Jones/DC! it's a great overall card too

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Balotelli, Leão, Theo, Zlatan, Tonali
Jones over the world. DC is not a bad guy but he seems so insecure around Jon Jones. It's the only guy that has beat him in MMA.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Really hope DC takes this, but i highly doubt it..too old, and Bones is just that good + has age on his side.

Maia gonna backpack his way to a belt.

Cerrone via spinning shit, since this is non title fight.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
man...DC looks like he's 45.

he might actually get finished for the first time :(

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
funny how lot of people here think backpack would beat tyron lol. tyron is underrated and he might surprise maia.

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Balotelli, Leão, Theo, Zlatan, Tonali
funny how lot of people here think backpack would beat tyron lol. tyron is underrated and he might surprise maia.

It could go either way honestly, both are great. People just love to hate Tyron even though he is a great fighter. They said Lawler would KO him, and Thompson would be too much.

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Easy money on Woodley IMO

SuperP

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Woodley is the worst matchup Maia has one that div. The knockout potential and his insane TDD and wrestling combined with insane strength.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Yeah Woodley is a huge favorite. But I still think there a chance there for Maia, and if he wins it's by submission. If it goes to decision, I think Woodley will be the winner.

SuperP

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Yeah Woodley is a huge favorite. But I still think there a chance there for Maia, and if he wins it's by submission. If it goes to decision, I think Woodley will be the winner.

Thats the beauty of BJJ, one mistake and you're doomed.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Thats the beauty of BJJ, one mistake and you're doomed.

yup, i love an submission artist like Maia and i'm happy he went back to his roots. he had a time there when he tried a lot of stand up.

it feels like (i have no numbers on this) we see less and less submissions, and the one's we see are chokes.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Maia only lost once by k.o in his whole career, let that sink in...:eek:

SuperP

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
yup, i love an submission artist like Maia and i'm happy he went back to his roots. he had a time there when he tried a lot of stand up.

it feels like (i have no numbers on this) we see less and less submissions, and the one's we see are chokes.

Yea I remember stand up Maia. Thats what Ronda should had done also, work on that wrestling.

You see better tdd nowdays, and most of the fighters are very good at defensive BJJ now.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score

It means level of BJJ and grappling is getting higher in general. As most people have fundamental defense down, it is harder to do a hail mary armbar / triangle to someone from closed guard (i.e. Paulo Filho on Chael Sonnen). And as guys with good BJJ advance in positions (mount, side control), they'd rather smash their opponents rather than risk losing position for armbars and kimuras. And after getting beat from advanced positions, most inexperienced people without proper defense tends to turn and give the back, which is why chokes will always be prevalent. Not to mention, it's a lot harder to control the limbs especially when sweaty in nogi (mma).

Lastly, diving for leg locks is not a good strategy at the highest level as you are susceptible and not many MMA fighters really have an in depth understanding of attacking the legs.

Even in high level gi BJJ, you mostly see cross choke (gi) variations and armbars and lots of matches are decided by points or even advantages.

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Jones "I'll deal with Daniel, then i'll deal with Brock"

hype

When Jones cuts out the nice guy routine, he's the f'n man, he really needs to embrace the bad guy, be who he is and f what others think or say.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Heard DC mentioning a fight with Brock in an interview recently as well. :lol::fp:

SuperP

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
DC has legit wins at HW. And he's a better wrestler. It depends on how much size matters.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Dc prme would smash any version of bork.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
if we are going to judge their wrestling according to accomplishments

Brock Lesnar :

National Collegiate Athletic Association:
NCAA Division I All-American (1999, 2000)
NCAA Division I Heavyweight Champion (2000)
Big Ten Conference Champion (1999, 2000)

Daniel Cormier:

NCAA Division I Collegiate National Championship Runner-up (2001)
NCAA Division I All-American (2001)

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
if we are going to judge their wrestling according to accomplishments

Brock Lesnar :

NCAA Division I All-American (1999, 2000)
NCAA Division I Heavyweight Champion (2000)
Big Ten Conference Champion (1999, 2000)

Daniel Cormier:

NCAA Division I Collegiate National Championship Runner-up (2001)
NCAA Division I All-American (2001)

Brock has better credentials for sure, but I don't see Brock being able to do what he did to Mark Hunt to Cormier. And as long as Cormier can keep it standing, I think he has better striking than Brock. "Black Fedor" was quite a force in the HW, so stylistically to me it favors Cormier a lot more than say Werdum.

Schedule