Milan - Chievo

mad4milan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I don't think anyone is idiotic enough to think that he's going to score in all the games, that goes for any striker - well, except for Bobo when he plays for the NT.

Me and others didn't say that he played bad against Chievo because he didn't score, we felt that he had a not-so-great game - period. Some people seem to think that a striker's job is to hang out there and wait for a cross to tap in the goal. Well, I beg to differ - it should be more than that: creating space to help the midfielders - also, dare I say it?, help create openings for others to score, etc... I mean, even stupid Del Piero does that. IMO, Pippo should do more than just hang out there. Same goes for Sheva.

We've seen all season that those 2 are extremely selfish when thay play together, no cooperation, one of them struggles - the other doesn't pick it up. Like it or not, Sheva ain't going nowhere: lock them in a room, like Rony said - or perhaps lobotomies and shock therapy. We see the obvious difference when they play with JDT because they feel superior to him. Like the rest of you, I'd like to see more of Pippo-JDT and/or Sheva-JDT - hopefully we'll see that more often.

I totally agree with your point with the offensive midfield but 1 or 2 of the suggested scapegoats for Milan's looses, non-wins and troubles are not offensive midfielders/fowards.

IMO, the priority should be getting a winger. Serghino seems to always get injured... I personnaly want THAT guy
joaquin.jpg

BTW, about the "non-youths" thing - sure we see the "veterans" right now, except for Pirlo, Della Bona, some others - however there are quite a handfull of players on loan getting some playing experience elsewhere. No need to forget the youth teams either...

rony31

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
m4m: very well said

Well, with that said, I think we can all agree on one thing... JDT is the only cooperative forward on Milan :D

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
ads216 said:
RivippoRuiNestaShevdini said:
The Real Betis winger is absolutely superb :cool:

Are you talking about Denilson?!!! :eek:

Oh no!!!!!!!!!! No way buddy! Isn't that picture up there Joaquin in Mad4Milan's post??????? :rolleyes:

Well, he was the Betis winger I was referring to! ;)

jarjarlovepippo

Primavera
Reaction score
mad4milan said:
I don't think anyone is idiotic enough to think that he's going to score in all the games, that goes for any striker - well, except for Bobo when he plays for the NT.

Me and others didn't say that he played bad against Chievo because he didn't score, we felt that he had a not-so-great game - period. Some people seem to think that a striker's job is to hang out there and wait for a cross to tap in the goal. Well, I beg to differ - it should be more than that: creating space to help the midfielders - also, dare I say it?, help create openings for others to score, etc... I mean, even stupid Del Piero does that. IMO, Pippo should do more than just hang out there. Same goes for Sheva.

We've seen all season that those 2 are extremely selfish when thay play together, no cooperation, one of them struggles - the other doesn't pick it up. Like it or not, Sheva ain't going nowhere: lock them in a room, like Rony said - or perhaps lobotomies and shock therapy. We see the obvious difference when they play with JDT because they feel superior to him. Like the rest of you, I'd like to see more of Pippo-JDT and/or Sheva-JDT - hopefully we'll see that more often.

I totally agree with your point with the offensive midfield but 1 or 2 of the suggested scapegoats for Milan's looses, non-wins and troubles are not offensive midfielders/fowards.

IMO, the priority should be getting a winger. Serghino seems to always get injured... I personnaly want THAT guy
joaquin.jpg

BTW, about the "non-youths" thing - sure we see the "veterans" right now, except for Pirlo, Della Bona, some others - however there are quite a handfull of players on loan getting some playing experience elsewhere. No need to forget the youth teams either...

ok,we shd talk like this at the beginnin,not that emontinal.

Pippo doesn't control the ball much,he's a chance-catcher-----that's his way. actually it gives midfield more space to creat chances. one good team shd have differnt types of players on the pitch, or players'd messed up and hesitate their job--------that's the problem between Sheve and Pippo i think. tho it looks like Sheva is behind Pippo,but somehow it's not very clear.

another problem,like what u said----they need a winger.their attack is kinda simplex without Serghino,nearly all from the middle.

Joaquin is ok,but he wants to go to Real most. i think Pires is great,despite whether Milan can get him.

*rossonera*

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
jarjarlovepippo said:
... Joaquin is ok,but he wants to go to Real most. i think Pires is great,despite whether Milan can get him.

indeed, looks like joaquin is real-bound...

pires... <soccerheartbeatingfaster>... i would take him anytime! :)

drawback: he isn't getting younger and wouldn't further the much-discussed "project milan" in the long run. but since galliani apparently prefers the quick fix [doesn't he spout everywhere that he would only sign "fully developed players"?], let's buy robby out of his contract *now*. :D

btw, contributions to my slush fund are tax-deductible ;)

[but if we get pires we need to get vieira + henry, too. time for a french invasion in milan...] :cool:

mad4milan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
*rossonera* said:
jarjarlovepippo said:
... Joaquin is ok,but he wants to go to Real most. i think Pires is great,despite whether Milan can get him.

indeed, looks like joaquin is real-bound...
Not necessarily... According to my *connections*, he ain't too keen on joining Real...

*rossonera* said:
pires... <soccerheartbeatingfaster>... i would take him anytime! :)
drawback: he isn't getting younger and wouldn't further the much-discussed "project milan" in the long run. but since galliani apparently prefers the quick fix [doesn't he spout everywhere that he would only sign "fully developed players"?], let's buy robby out of his contract *now*. :D
[but if we get pires we need to get vieira + henry, too. time for a french invasion in milan...] :cool:
I don't see any of this happening... Vieira has been rumoured to Real but he wants to stay with Arse... and frankly, Monsieur Arsène Wenger is not stupide...

*rossonera*

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
mad4milan said:
Not necessarily... According to my *connections*, he ain't too keen on joining Real...

oh, what according to your sources has made joaquin change his mind? i thought he'd been flirting with real quite blatantly and the love seemed mutual... *???*

mad4milan said:
I don't see any of this happening... [referring to french invasion in milan]

of course i know that we'll never see robby, thierry + la grande saucisse (just quoting 442 ;) ) in red+black. i was just in dire need of a daydream to escape from the frustrations of real-milan...

mad4milan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
*rossonera* said:
mad4milan said:
oh, what according to your sources has made joaquin change his mind? i thought he'd been flirting with real quite blatantly and the love seemed mutual... *???*
Well, I read that he said that he wasn't interested in joining Real nor Barça, who have also shown interest. Some Spaniards told me the same thing.

Of course we've all read/heard the quite robotic "Although I am flattered by <putthenameoftheclubhere>'s interest, I am planning to stay with <putthenameofyourcurrentclubhere>" before too...
I could also add that Real wanted Nesta too... :devil2:

mamma_mia!

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Yes i'll be willing to start the "Bring Joaquin to Milan" fund but he might be keen on staying in La Liga but u never know. Instead of a French invasion i think we would have a pretty decent Brazillian brood happening if we got Kaka to come with Dida, Roque, Leonardo (he hardly ever plays!?) and Rivaldo.

I still and have faith in Milan despite their poor results and always will! :tongue:

Schedule