Manuel Locatelli Thread

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I actually think Zanellato has more talent than Locatelli does but Locatelli seems to be further ahead of him physically

Different kind of player imo. From what I saw of Zanellato he seems more like a b2b mold midfielder

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
I do not share the opinion that Locatelli had a good game or that he is ready for Serie A. He has shown that he has the ability to pick a pass, but he definitely hasn't shown (for me) that he's ready to deal with Serie A.

He's definitely not physical enough and he's not accustomed to the pace of the league. The ball almost always is won back by the opponents when we pass the ball to him. I thought he was really poor versus Sampdoria.

I hope he'll put a completely different performance versus Lazio. It's a huge risk to bench Montolivo for Locattelli but it's not like Monto's been putting in good performances.

He seems to be the only realistic hope we have to bench Montolivo until January.

:thumbsup:

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Singer, Leonardo, Maldini, Romagnoli Capitano, Bakayoko, Kessie, Suso, Caldara, Calibria
Different kind of player imo. From what I saw of Zanellato he seems more like a b2b mold midfielder

Locatelli reminds me of Ambrosini where as Zanellato has Rabiots movements and passes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lord Snow

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko
Performance vs Sampdoria
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9rQjsG8c_g

I think the kid is just nervous. Let him ease into the play, he is 18.
I saw some of his videos from when he was a kid/ in the primavera and his passing range/vision and ability was the best thing about his play. His tackling is always a 50-50 because thats just the type of player he is.
What is good though is that passing is good, he has a good height, his tackling is average and he can be adding alot more muscle eventually (by the time he is 23) and he can develop his play to a very complete regista. As bad as montolivo is, his tackling and reading of the game is very good.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
I liked the video, he seems to be an active player (different from Bertolacci) and agressive, then of course should avoid fouls.

He won't be a big thing, but he seems like another Calabria from the youth.

Last edited:

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
We are deffinitely lacking midfielders with defansive aspects, just look at the stats, we had 7.5 interceptions per game so far and it's the worst in Serie A. We can't continue with Sosa-Monto-Bona midfield. Kucka and Locatelli could be a solution.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Many people hype him because they are easily wow'ed by him picking out passed since we've grown accustomed to players who can't string 3 passes together.

Locatelli? He has been unimpressive in that aspect. It's Cristante who fooled a lot of Milan fans into thinking that he is good enough with his ball skills and long distance shots.
Locatelli has been anything but elegant or flashy, but he looks far more ready physically for Serie A.

Definitely not ready to be our anchor, but I think we could field him as mezz'ala without further weakening the midfield - defensively - as happened when Cristante and Mauri were tried there.

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
He really looks to have bulked up compared to last season. Seemed a little timid at times in showing for a pass, but once he got the ball he was playing simple and incisive forward passes allowing our attackers to receive the ball and turn between lines. A little to standoffish when defending, but this overall was a decent if not unspectacular performance. We really need him to at the very least be a useful alternative to Montolivo, who currently has no replacement in the team.

Leptiran

Rumours-Morning shift
Reaction score
Montela obviously saw something in him and want's to give him a chance, let's see what will happen. So far he show too little but seasson just begin..

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
Thx to him we dont have to see "full of energy" guy in milan shirt... at all.

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Much more composed than the Sampdoria match. :thumbsup:

that's an accurate assessment that I fully agree with.

Milanisti need to realize that Locatelli is getting the nod ahead of the rest of our midfielders and he's only 18. They need to realize that Mauri who had 2 full seasons in Serie A so far was sent out on loan while Locatelli not just chosen to remain in the squad but actually get some match time this early in the season already.

It says a lot about what Montella sees in Locatelli and Mauri. Maybe Mauri wasn't what we expected... He really never showed any potential in a Milan jersey to be honest.

Back to Manuel, keep it up kid and continue your growth :thumbsup: It means a great deal to have a coach like Montella to be betting on you this early in the season at a time where we desperately need to collect some points if we want to meet our objectives. I really doubt he'd be able to be consistently good throughout a match and season yet but good luck to him and we definitely will need him. There was a noticeable difference in speed of play when Locatelli was playing as a regista compared to Montolivo.

Danilo JBG

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Much more composed than the Sampdoria match. :thumbsup:

Much more.

He made several mistakes against them, some of them near costly. But he was much better against Lazio. He wasn't fantastic, but for a player as young as him who plays deep in midfield, a solid (even if unspectacular) performance is already promising. Keep mistakes at a minimum, play simple and expand your game slowly.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
loca loca loca
telli telli telli

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Video of goal. Mamma mia! Mamma di Milan!
giphy3r8hfewhfw4.gif

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What a goal :proud::proud::proud:

After this game, he needs to be a starter.

His distribution was key to us winning this game. He keeps the ball moving forward and can hold his own defensively too.

Milanista_7

#UCLDNA
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, T.Silva, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Romagnoli
CtyAycLWcAEG7n-.jpg

Congrats Luca! :proud: our next star in the midfield

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Balotelli, Leão, Theo, Zlatan, Tonali