Official: Andrea Conti Thread

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
What is everyone's feeling on him? Not sure he looks good enough to be a sure starter. At the same time, injuries take a toll, so he shouldn't be judged too harshly. I think he's a great crosser. However, I find him terrible on defence and I'm not sure that has anything to do with injury, as I remember him being the same as Atalanta - not as exposed considering he was a wingback there.

He's not a defender and we shouldn't expect him to be. That's the issue. As for how good he is, he's had two big injuries and needs time and a run of games next season before I'll judge.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Defending can be learned. If Abate could adjust and play as CB, then Conti should improve on his defensive skills too.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
This is my only worry about signing players from Atalanta. The number of Gasperini players who flops in other clubs is remarkably high. They are just so system based.

Not illicic and play though. those are real quality players.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
give him another chance. he has potential I feel.

Pigeon

CR7 of CEO's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gaetano f. intrieri
KeDcKU4.png

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Now, Giuffredi has lifted the lid on just how close his client was to leaving Milan this summer, insisting that Conti is ready for the battle with Davide Calabria to become the first choice right-back.

“It is true, there were opportunities,” he told TMW, as per MilanNews.it.

“But then how could he look in the mirror? Going away from Milan meant going away defeated, and I always told Andrea that he must have as his objective returning to his peak and being able to look back without regrets in the future.

“But he’s fine now, he’s behind Calabria, but the important thing, like for horses at the racetrack, is to finish first. Don’t start first.” @SempreMilan

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Really disappointed with how he let the penalty he caused get into his head, absolute horror show from that moment on.
Not good overall, Calabria is miles better and Conti + Theo puts too much stress on the defense. Theo at least makes up for it in attack.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Maldini must be watching this guy defend and thinking is this real life??!

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
knee jerk reactions here.

one of few players here i can give a pass to this season because of his injuries/competition - he never had the chance to find form, he'll show his worth (or not) next season.

oh, yeah?

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
This whole right side of the defense is a problem. We didn’t see much of it with Gattuso because Bakayoko and Kessie would block most attacks coming that way.

Our right backs are weak on one v ones and Musachio tends to overcompensate by being aggressive committing fouls and leaving his position. If we had a smarter defender like Roma who covers for Theo in his defensive weakness then we wldnt feel this agony of weak right backs as much as we do.

Either way this performances must have made it easy on management, I’m sure they’ll address the issue come January.

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He was billed up to be an Italian Dani Alves or Maicon by most of RnB.
But in reality he is just another Gasperini player with stats that made him look better than he is, like Bertolacci, Cristante and a bunch of other flops.

:thumbsup: Even before injury he was shit defender, and after injuries i wasn't optimistic. But RnB always put him in dream formations even during the recovery process.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Sell this January while he's worth anything. Even €5m - €8m.

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Stop this useless build from the back. Football is much more direct. Possession stat padding, it’s pointless possession if it’s from the back line. LONGBALLS please.

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
:thumbsup: Even before injury he was shit defender, and after injuries i wasn't optimistic. But RnB always put him in dream formations even during the recovery process.

Ppl were fearful... Milan spent 25m on up and coming player... imagine members dissing him, you have any idea how long necro wud ban them for?

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
He looks about 10

NiceGuy123

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
He needs to go on loan. I don't mention sold because no one in their right mind would buy him. Honestly, he would probably do best for himself to go back to Atalanta. Knows the team/coach, and would be playing as a wing-back. The only thing is that he wouldn't get as much time given they have Castagne/Hateboer for that position.

I don't think there is much chance for him resurrecting his career. Best would be to be a starter for a small team.

He's not really a full-back anyway - possibly one of the worst defenders in the game today.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Loan him back to Atalanta and then sell him for as much as possible.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
It's been incredible how much better he has looked the last few games. Completely a night and day difference

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Loan him back to Atalanta and then sell him for as much as possible.
Agreed. He's been immense lately, doesn't fit with the rest of the mediocre we have.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Starting to look more and more like the Conti we expected. Even more so because he´s developed his defensive skills as well. Hopefully it´s not just a phase but he keeps evolving. Finally seems like we have two competent fullbacks on our sides.

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Weird how a player who got hurt twice and missed basically years of gametime is looking better and better with every game played

But some here wanted to sell him for nothing after 3 or 4 bad games lol

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weird how a player who got hurt twice and missed basically years of gametime is looking better and better with every game played

But some here wanted to sell him for nothing after 3 or 4 bad games lol

Selling him wouldn't have made any sense, since his value dropped a lot, but a loan seemed like an option

Hope he stays healthy and continues on improving.

Seeing him and Theo perform last game brought me so much pleasure. I've dreamed of having proper fullbacks for quite a while now.

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Agreed, looking at a team like Liverpool it’s obvious what modern fullbacks can bring. You could even argue Rodriguez is a more technically sound player than Theo, but it’s so obvious what Theo brings with his energy and movement, far more valuable.

I hope we keep Calabria and Conti. I think both are good, not great players. Fullbacks like Calabria are still useful, and will he needed for some games when Conti doesn’t work. Conti has the higher ceiling though, and he deserves to keep getting games. It takes time to become the player he once was

Schedule